Why do you care?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by TuRb0SxxT (575 posts) -

I know, I know, you want your favorite console to succeed and want the other to fail. But will less sales really mean that a console fails? If it does, what do you personally gain? I'm just curious as to why most people care so much about which console sells more.

As for me, I don't, I'll be getting both consoles at launch and maybe that's just why I don't care, cause I have no real allegiance towards either Sony or Microsoft.

#2 Edited by Gaming-Planet (13704 posts) -

Both consoles will do fine.

#3 Posted by TuRb0SxxT (575 posts) -

@Gaming-Planet: Exactly. I'm just curious as to why there are such heated debates and personal attacks when talking about how much either console will sell.

#4 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

i like to draw graphs and data like this just looks good in a bar chart.

#5 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

the rich boy who's getting both has not a care in the world...what a surprise.

#6 Posted by SuperCowElitist (730 posts) -

Sony is savior of the gaming world. They must win.

#7 Posted by sukraj (21604 posts) -

I want both consoles to do well.

#8 Posted by j_assassin (878 posts) -

If m$ doesnt focus on exclusive games with xbone then I want m$ to leave the console gaming industry, they are changing console gaming for the worst, I dont mind changes but not m$' way of changing, otherwise I wish playstation and xbox brand would focus battling in terms of different game variety not console features

#9 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25417 posts) -

Because Dreamcast, Vita, Wii U, etc. 2 out of 3 existing 8th gen platforms are bombing. Who sells most doesn't ultimately matter, as long as they...sell.

#10 Posted by starjet905 (1841 posts) -

I wouldn't want other platforms to fail. A monopoly is never a good thing.

#11 Edited by always_explicit (2619 posts) -

We have known the next gen consoles were coming for 3 years....you dont have be rich to save $1000 over 3 years.

#12 Posted by mrintro (1354 posts) -

@kingoflife9 said:

We have known the next gen consoles were coming for 3 years....you dont have be rich to save $1000 over 3 years.

This person doesn't know what rich is if you owning both consoles is a criteria. Just need a job!

#13 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3223 posts) -

I want them all to do well.

#14 Posted by TruthArisen (385 posts) -

Well, I've sworn an oath in the name of Father Kaz, Son Sony, and the Holy PlayStation. I'm pretty invested in seeing them best the competition.

Amen.

#15 Posted by MonsieurX (28652 posts) -

Sony is savior of the gaming world. They must win.

Savior?

That's why they locked multiplayer with PSN+?

#16 Posted by Netret0120 (1886 posts) -

The console with more sales usually receives more support meaning you receive a better product.

Look at the Wii U. It won't get GTA5 which is an AAA game. Forcing you to buy a PS3/360. Sales are best for Bizness-Ah!!

#17 Posted by LustForSoul (5781 posts) -

It's more curiousity for me. I wonder what'll happen if the X1 sells more in its first months than the PS4, which had tons of hype.

#18 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (8591 posts) -

best keep such questions to yourself, if you value your sanity

#19 Edited by TuRb0SxxT (575 posts) -

@kingoflife9: Yeah, not rich, I just know it's coming, couple weekends of overtime is really all it is.

#20 Edited by Vaasman (11135 posts) -

Why do you care that we care?

#21 Posted by lostrib (31522 posts) -

Because this is the internet where we argue about stupid shit

#22 Posted by Gue1 (9116 posts) -

less sales mean that I was wrong on my choice and that I'll pay for it by having less games to play just like it happened to the N64, GC and Vita. If Sony wouldn't have been as aggressive as they were with the PS3 the console wouldn't have been half the games it has now due to extremely poor sales.

Sony is synonymous with domination.

#23 Posted by lundy86_4 (42648 posts) -

I don't care. My boners are over ladies...

#24 Edited by blackace (19721 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Because this is the internet where we argue about stupid shit

This ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Especially in SW. lol!! It's like asking who's stronger? Superman or The Hulk?

I honestly don't care. I want both systems to sell well so they both continue to get great support just like the 360 and PS3 are. Great support equals more games and that's the only thing I care about. The GAMES.

#25 Posted by Jankarcop (8827 posts) -

Wrong. I don't want ANY console to succeeded.

#26 Edited by shawn30 (4288 posts) -

While I want and feel the Xbox One is superior to the PS4, I don't want or think it will fail in any way. Nor do I care why someone wants the PS4 or feel the need to make them justify their purchase or the reasons they feel the way that they do. Buy what you like best, otherwise you're being stupid, lol. The better Sony is, the harder MS will work for my business, and vice versa. That's good for all gamers know matter what you buy.

#27 Edited by shawn30 (4288 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

less sales mean that I was wrong on my choice and that I'll pay for it by having less games to play just like it happened to the N64, GC and Vita. If Sony wouldn't have been as aggressive as they were with the PS3 the console wouldn't have been half the games it has now due to extremely poor sales.

Sony is synonymous with domination.

And losing money in every single division of the company to the point they had to sell real estate to pay off debts. :)

#28 Posted by X_CAPCOM_X (6001 posts) -

It shapes the gaming industry.

EX: If models like DLC continue to surge in popularity, then it will establish itself as a norm (it kind of has). This is awful for genres of games such as fighting games and other competitive games (which I enjoy). Therefore I generally do not support DLC in gaming. (it can be used correctly though e.g. extra levels single player video games like MGR)

#29 Edited by cainetao11 (15821 posts) -

I know, I know, you want your favorite console to succeed and want the other to fail. But will less sales really mean that a console fails? If it does, what do you personally gain? I'm just curious as to why most people care so much about which console sells more.

As for me, I don't, I'll be getting both consoles at launch and maybe that's just why I don't care, cause I have no real allegiance towards either Sony or Microsoft.

For some its like a sport, and they have a favorite team. I agree, its weird, companies don't care about us. Is that Sleepaway camp in your avatar?

#30 Edited by X_CAPCOM_X (6001 posts) -

You win...

Perfect.

#31 Posted by mems_1224 (45737 posts) -

I want both consoles to succeed and have lots of good games. Right now they both look shitty.

#32 Posted by lundy86_4 (42648 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

You win...

Perfect.

I do my best.

#33 Edited by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (1866 posts) -

Why in Gods name are you getting both at launch?? Wait, I know...."because you can" or "real gamers don't have to choose" or "I own all consoles every gen".

There is simply no logical reason to own both at launch!

#34 Posted by lundy86_4 (42648 posts) -

There is simply no logical reason to own both at launch!

They have different games...

#35 Posted by TuRb0SxxT (575 posts) -

@cainetao11:

Yup Sleepaway Camp!

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS:

They have different games and I want them. I want to play Forza for a bit then pop in Killzone. What's wrong with that? Seems logical to me.

#36 Edited by Suppaman100 (3582 posts) -

I want both consoles to succeed and have lots of good games. Right now they both look shitty.

Yeah Wii U and Xbone look like crap.

Atleast we still have PS4.

#37 Posted by sukraj (21604 posts) -

@Vaasman said:

Why do you care that we care?

I care because u care.

#38 Edited by HaRmLeSS_RaGe (1270 posts) -

I want them all to succeed. Sadly the PS4 is looking like an overpriced OUYA at the moment but I hope they can turn things around :(

#39 Posted by Maddie_Larkin (6179 posts) -

Fragile male ego and low selfasteem I suppose.

The fewest of us wants a console to fail, but would simply want the console we choose to suceed. Given the rather odd last gen for me I am going straight for a PS4 this time around, but I will hardly want the X1 to fail, I simply want the PS4 to suceed and become a Financial sucess for Sony.

The haters on here are likely preteen or teenagers which could only afford to get one console, and deathly afraid that they chose the wrong one. The rest of us can shrog off the Financial part and buy the other one relatively soon after if we wished, so we have less riding on it in the sense of pride.

That said I find alot of the info about the X1 and end user rights out right disturbing, from when it was revealed till now, most have changed, but I will wait and see how much is or will be inplemented/reimplemented after launch. It is not that I have forgotten about the PS3 hacking fiasco either.

#40 Posted by sukraj (21604 posts) -

I want them all to succeed. Sadly the PS4 is looking like an overpriced OUYA at the moment but I hope they can turn things around :(

Its not something I would want to buy my money is on the Xbox One.

#41 Posted by MightyMuna (1731 posts) -

Why do you care about why we care?

Also, what are you doing in SYSTEM WARS forum?

Lol, that's like going to a bar and asking why are people drinking alcohol.