WHy do the consoles have the best looking games?

• 186 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Alienware_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Alienware_fan
Member since 2010 • 1514 Posts

Even though they are way weaker than any recent high end pcs? Dosent it make pcs waste of resources? Multiplats barely looks better on pc. I coudnt see any difference in rivals 1600p vs 1080p on ps4.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

This will end well

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

Consoles only have 1 sku for developers to focus on, and the console is built specifically for gaming, there are lots of different kinds of PCs with a wide range of power, and they are built to do everything.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

They don't. Next-gen titles are looking pretty sweet, but you still have games like Crysis 3 on the PC.

It's probably that new system hype... It's definitely that new system hype.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

At the moment, you either have great graphics or a great game, not both. Just look at KZ, looks fantastic, its boring as hell.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Because they don't

Alienware_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Alienware_fan

Resolution is the biggest gimmic of them all, res such as 720p is perfectly fine as long as the graphics are good.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Depends on the PC.

Alienware_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Alienware_fan

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Depends on the PC.

BS.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 clyde46

@Alienware_fan said:

Resolution is the biggest gimmic of them all, res such as 720p is perfectly fine as long as the graphics are good.

>Resolution
>Gimmick

Dude...

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lundy86_4

@Alienware_fan said:

Right... No.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#12  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

They don't, console just get the games with a lot of presentation. Most PC exclusives don't make great showcases for commercials like the multiplatforms do.

It's not about graphics, it's about which games can be presented better. That should change with Star Citizen. For instance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0gZES2pTWk

100% real time. Easily the best looking video game ever made. PC exclusive.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Art direction?

Because they obviously aren't on a technical level. PC gets all the best looking shit.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#14 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

TC is blind.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Wasdie said:

They don't, console just get the games with a lot of presentation. Most PC exclusives don't make great showcases for commercials like the multiplatforms do.

It's not about graphics, it's about which games can be presented better. That should change with Star Citizen. For instance:

Loading Video...

Embedding of videos is broken I believe

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

lol no

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

Because you are playing on a piece of shit low spec PC. Console games don't look as good as my PC makes them look. Seems it is time for you to upgrade.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#18  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@lostrib said:

@Wasdie said:

Embedding of videos is broken I believe

Poo.

Here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0gZES2pTWk

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lostrib

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

Because you are playing on a piece of shit low spec PC. Console games don't look as good as my PC makes them look. Seems it is time for you to upgrade.

Not if his sig is to be believed.

He's just a troll, he does this shit on other boards too including PC Games and previous PC hardware boards

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lostrib

@farrell2k said:

Consoles do have the best graphics, if you completely ignore the PC. The consoles are barely as powerful as $400 PC hardware. Console kids are delusional.

You're delusional

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 clyde46

@lostrib said:

@farrell2k said:

Consoles do have the best graphics, if you completely ignore the PC. The consoles are barely as powerful as $400 PC hardware. Console kids are delusional.

You're delusional

Someone hasn't played KZ!

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Alot of it comes down to the budget. 1st party games like Uncharted/KZ have a ton of capital thrown into them.

Most serious pc titles today have to survive off Kick starter to release even a working demo.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By lostrib

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Alot of it comes down to the budget. 1st party games like Uncharted have a ton of capital thrown into them.

Most serious pc titles today have to survive off Kick starter to release even a working demo.

Pretty sure that's not true

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 clyde46

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Alot of it comes down to the budget. 1st party games like Uncharted have a ton of capital thrown into them.

Implying crowd funding is a bad thing.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@lostrib said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Given recent trends, I'd say it's closer to the truth than you might want to think.

Just look at star citizen, the current centerpiece of PC graphics. It relied heavily on fan funding.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By lostrib

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@lostrib said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Given recent trends, I'd say it's closer to the truth than you might want to think.

I guess it depends what you mean by "serious PC titles" and then you have to look at if they are actually going for teh grafix. Because a lot of those crowd funded/kick starter/greenlight games are indie titles which are more about gameplay than graphics

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@clyde46 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Where did I say it was a bad thing? It's just further evidence that large studio's would rather chase the console money train than divert resources into the high end pc subculture.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ReadingRainbow4

@lostrib said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@lostrib said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I guess it depends what you mean by "serious PC titles" and then you have to look at if they are actually going for teh grafix. Because a lot of those crowd funded/kick starter/greenlight games are indie titles which are more about gameplay than graphics

Yeah, I was mostly referring to games that focus on immersion through high end graphics, I realize there's a booming indie scene.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 clyde46

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@clyde46 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Where did I say it was a bad thing? It's just further evidence that large studio's would rather chase the console money train than divert resources into the high end pc subculture.

That console money train is getting harder and harder to get on. Just look at GTA5, it cost over 100,000$! It takes some serious cash to get games on consoles. Hell, there have been previous console devs moving to Kickstarter etc because they can't get publishers to fund them because the suits don't think they'll make enough money back.

There is obviously pro's and con's to crowd funding, the biggest pro in my eyes is you are not beholden to a publisher which means you don't have the suits breathing down your neck etc. However, on the flipside you are then beholden to the backers that gave you money in return for a finished product.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lostrib

@clyde46 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@clyde46 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

That console money train is getting harder and harder to get on. Just look at GTA5, it cost over 100,000$! It takes some serious cash to get games on consoles. Hell, there have been previous console devs moving to Kickstarter etc because they can't get publishers to fund them because the suits don't think they'll make enough money back.

There is obviously pro's and con's to crowd funding, the biggest pro in my eyes is you are not beholden to a publisher which means you don't have the suits breathing down your neck etc. However, on the flipside you are then beholden to the backers that gave you money in return for a finished product.

I assume you mean over 100 million? not $100,000

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 clyde46

@lostrib said:

@clyde46 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@clyde46 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I assume you mean over 100 million? not $100,000

You assume correctly.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@clyde46 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@clyde46 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I agree, there's no clear cut best outcome here.

I honestly haven't been that impressed with the big name titles that have come from kick starters thus far, hopefully that changes.

Alienware_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Alienware_fan

@lostrib said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

He's just a troll, he does this shit on other boards too including PC Games and previous PC hardware boards

You think you're smart but you are probably dumber than most trolls here.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By lundy86_4

@Alienware_fan said:

@lostrib said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

Called out, eh? Suck it up, and take it up the bum, sunshine.

DonnaTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#36  Edited By DonnaTroy
Member since 2013 • 245 Posts

consoles have always had the best looking games.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#37  Edited By adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

Because if you aint gaming on a $3000 alienware you aint doing it correct you noob

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#38 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 lundy86_4

@donnatroy said:

consoles have always had the best looking games.

Based on, what? Resolution? Texture resolution? AA method? AF Method? Particle effects? What?

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

PC has the top 10 (in a row) gfx kings of each and every gen.

Stop trolling/lying.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By lostrib

@Alienware_fan said:

@lostrib said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

No, I just act like I'm smart, but I know I'm dumb :P

How exactly am I trolling?

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#44 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

There are some amazing looking console games, but PC will usually have the best looking games. Consoles are more known for being better polish. Developers have this thing on PC where they like to release the game, and patch later...and sometimes never. It costs much more to release a patch on consoles than it does on PC>

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#45 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19516 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

Stop trolling/lying.

No, it doesn't.

And I think both you and the OP need to stop trolling/lying.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 lundy86_4

@Jag85 said:

@Jankarcop said:

Stop trolling/lying.

No, it doesn't.

And I think both you and the OP need to stop trolling/lying.

You both need to name them... For the lulz.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#48 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19516 Posts

@SEANMCAD said:

@millerlight89 said:

There are some amazing looking console games, but PC will usually have the best looking games. Consoles are more known for being better polish. Developers have this thing on PC where they like to release the game, and patch later...and sometimes never. It costs much more to release a patch on consoles than it does on PC>

that is a myth actually. Its very rarely that I have issues running games.

What is true about the consoles is that they are better for group play and driving games. Which I admit many of us PC gamers dont do much of either

In other words, offline multiplayer. That's the main reason I use consoles for. Well, that and the console exclusives. Otherwise, I usually prefer playing multi-plats on PC.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#49 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

@SEANMCAD said:

@millerlight89 said:

that is a myth actually. Its very rarely that I have issues running games.

What is true about the consoles is that they are better for group play and driving games. Which I admit many of us PC gamers dont do much of either

PC games usually have more bugs. I don't need you telling me it is a myth. I have lived it for over a decade and a half. It's just the way it is. There are more variables to consider and it is easier to patch a PC game than a console game. I gave you two facts. Now, you give me something besides some experience you have which probably isn't true.