Why do so many people complain about third parties in ssbb?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts

i keep seeing people saying something along the lines of "NO MORE 3RD PARTIES!1!!!!11!"

but my questions is why?

yea, its a nintendo thing....but i think thats what holds the game back. ive wished since the first smash bros that every game character ever thought up could be in it

i wish the game could be multi-plat (even though i know that will never happen) so that even more non nintendo characters can be in it.

you cant tell me you wouldnt want to see mario face off with a stylized version of kratos, and then have mc pop out of nowhere and kick both of their asses....and then the nemesis appears and kills mc

Erkidu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Erkidu
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts
I definitely don't want to see Smash Bros. go multiplat - but I wouldn't mind more third-party characters participating.
Avatar image for Solid_Snake1221
Solid_Snake1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Solid_Snake1221
Member since 2004 • 8658 Posts
I'm glad they are including snake and sonic and possibly more. Nothing wrong with 3rd parties imo.
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts
As long as there aren't too many 3rd party characters... It's neat, but it ruins the whole Smash Bros experience when there are a whole lot of 3rd party characters. Plus, only a couple keep them special, I'd like to see one more character join the roster though.
Gimli524

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Gimli524
Member since 2004 • 1527 Posts
3 third party characters.
MrDziekuje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#6 MrDziekuje
Member since 2004 • 7730 Posts
I feel Nintendo can make Brawl's cast as 3rd-partied up as they want but multiplat is a no-no. Master Chief does not belong on Smash Bros and he never will.
REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 REforever101

As long as there aren't too many 3rd party characters... It's neat, but it ruins the whole Smash Bros experience when there are a whole lot of 3rd party characters. Plus, only a couple keep them special, I'd like to see one more character join the roster though.metroidfood

BUT WHY?

ive always wanted a game that throws together famous characters

like, an annual game in which all the new characters that came out the year before are in it

Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Koalakommander
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts
Because they haven't added Yuna with the dual handguns yet.
Masterfubu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Masterfubu
Member since 2007 • 966 Posts
i think the two are enuff. not even all the 1st and secnd party are there yet. get the soldier frum bwii, capt olimar THEN we can talk 3rd party. i dnt want anymore bc its supposed to b all ninty, thats the whole premis of the game. im ok wth sonic and snake but i would like no mor 3rd party and mor 1st & 2nd
nikolajz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nikolajz1
Member since 2007 • 1200 Posts

[QUOTE="metroidfood"]As long as there aren't too many 3rd party characters... It's neat, but it ruins the whole Smash Bros experience when there are a whole lot of 3rd party characters. Plus, only a couple keep them special, I'd like to see one more character join the roster though.REforever101

BUT WHY?

ive always wanted a game that throws together famous characters

like, an annual game in which all the new characters that came out the year before are in it

This year having Master Chief,Big Daddies, Little Sisters, Kratos etc. would be amazing

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 REforever101

i think the two are enuff. not even all the 1st and secnd party are there yet. get the soldier frum bwii, capt olimar THEN we can talk 3rd party. i dnt want anymore bc its supposed to b all ninty, thats the whole premis of the game. im ok wth sonic and snake but i would like no mor 3rd party and mor 1st & 2ndMasterfubu

but why only nintendo characters? theres a lot of awesome characters that exist outside the realm of nintendo....

or they could at least add in resident evil characters/monsters as players. at least re has seen a lot of action on nintendo systems

Sonick54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sonick54
Member since 2005 • 7947 Posts

To the guys saying it would ruin the whole "ninty" premise

why not, you know, just not play or even select them? :|

PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts
I think its because they're worried the Nintendo characters are going to be outclassed (or at the very least outnumbered) by less important/famous characters. I don't think anyone would object to having characters like Sonic, Banjo-Kazooie, Crash Bandicoot or other characters that fit within the realm of SSB's "cartoony" feel; but I wouldn't want characters like the Master Chief, Marcus Fenix or Nathan Drake to be included.
Fhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#14 Fhiz
Member since 2004 • 7718 Posts

Snake was fine since Metal Gear pretty much gained popularity on the NES, but adding more third party characters especially those who were at one point Nintendo's rival (sonic) will just dilute the game of its meaning: a game where nintendo characters kick the crap out of each other

I was litteraly angry when they announced Sonic, because as of right now, Sonic is the most disgraced video game character on the face of the planet. The only good thing about Sonic being in the game is that I can now kick his mediocre ass again and again.

MrDziekuje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MrDziekuje

[QUOTE="Masterfubu"]i think the two are enuff. not even all the 1st and secnd party are there yet. get the soldier frum bwii, capt olimar THEN we can talk 3rd party. i dnt want anymore bc its supposed to b all ninty, thats the whole premis of the game. im ok wth sonic and snake but i would like no mor 3rd party and mor 1st & 2ndREforever101

but why only nintendo characters? theres a lot of awesome characters that exist outside the realm of nintendo....

or they could at least add in resident evil characters/monsters as players. at least re has seen a lot of action on nintendo systems

It's a Nintendo game, so only character who have appeared on Nintendo consoels and handheld should be in it.

I'm not saying there should not be a game like you're describing. I think everyone wants that. But it's not going to be Smash Bros.

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 REforever101

Snake was fine since Metal Gear pretty much gained popularity on the NES, but adding more third party characters especially those who were at one point Nintendo's rival (sonic) will just dilute the game of its meaning: a game where nintendo characters kick the crap out of each other

I was litteraly angry when they announced Sonic, because as of right now, Sonic is the most disgraced video game character on the face of the planet. The only good thing about Sonic being in the game is that I can now kick his mediocre ass again and again.

FlawlessSeasons

harsh

Masterfubu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Masterfubu

FlawlessSeasons
i was ok wth sonic bc he was on alot of nintendo after the dreamcast fell. but mostly bc of m&s ar olympics. that sealed the deal
REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 REforever101
I think its because they're worried the Nintendo characters are going to be outclassed (or at the very least outnumbered) by less important/famous characters. I don't think anyone would object to having characters like Sonic, Banjo-Kazooie, Crash Bandicoot or other characters that fit within the realm of SSB's "cartoony" feel; but I wouldn't want characters like the Master Chief, Marcus Fenix or Nathan Drake to be included.PBSnipes

well sure, theres characters that will never fit in, but there are plenty that can

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts
I think Snake and Sonic are enough because it is made by Hal Laboratories which is a 2nd Party to Nintendo so only 1st and 2nd Parties should be in it I mean Nintendo has so many characters that they don't even have in there or they have them as Assist Trophies but they should be actual Characters but instead they are getting passed up for 3rd Party when Nintendo has enough characters to have more then 1000 fighters in Smash but they still have to limit it so when they get through the 1000 or more Nintendo Characters then they think about 3rd Party characters.
PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts
[QUOTE="PBSnipes"]I think its because they're worried the Nintendo characters are going to be outclassed (or at the very least outnumbered) by less important/famous characters. I don't think anyone would object to having characters like Sonic, Banjo-Kazooie, Crash Bandicoot or other characters that fit within the realm of SSB's "cartoony" feel; but I wouldn't want characters like the Master Chief, Marcus Fenix or Nathan Drake to be included.REforever101

well sure, theres characters that will never fit in, but there are plenty that can

But the others aren't anywhere near as famous. Sooner or later (and probably sooner) one of the newer characters like the MC will make it in, and if DoA 4 taught us anything its that the MC and fighting don't mix.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
Its their precious franchise :o
Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Koalakommander
[QUOTE="REforever101"][QUOTE="PBSnipes"]I think its because they're worried the Nintendo characters are going to be outclassed (or at the very least outnumbered) by less important/famous characters. I don't think anyone would object to having characters like Sonic, Banjo-Kazooie, Crash Bandicoot or other characters that fit within the realm of SSB's "cartoony" feel; but I wouldn't want characters like the Master Chief, Marcus Fenix or Nathan Drake to be included.PBSnipes

But the others aren't anywhere near as famous. Sooner or later (and probably sooner) one of the newer characters like the MC will make it in, and if DoA 4 taught us anything its that the MC and fighting don't mix.

i still dont know who some of the official characters of SSB are? Like that Ron guy.

Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Nintendo_Ownes7
[QUOTE="PBSnipes"][QUOTE="REforever101"][QUOTE="PBSnipes"]I think its because they're worried the Nintendo characters are going to be outclassed (or at the very least outnumbered) by less important/famous characters. I don't think anyone would object to having characters like Sonic, Banjo-Kazooie, Crash Bandicoot or other characters that fit within the realm of SSB's "cartoony" feel; but I wouldn't want characters like the Master Chief, Marcus Fenix or Nathan Drake to be included.Koalakommander

i still dont know who some of the official characters of SSB are? Like that Ron guy.

That is Roy he is from Fire Emblem, and Marth is from the very first Fire Emblem which this year the first one is getting remade for the DS with Touch Screen controls.
Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Koalakommander
[QUOTE="Koalakommander"][QUOTE="PBSnipes"][QUOTE="REforever101"][QUOTE="PBSnipes"]I think its because they're worried the Nintendo characters are going to be outclassed (or at the very least outnumbered) by less important/famous characters. I don't think anyone would object to having characters like Sonic, Banjo-Kazooie, Crash Bandicoot or other characters that fit within the realm of SSB's "cartoony" feel; but I wouldn't want characters like the Master Chief, Marcus Fenix or Nathan Drake to be included.Nintendo_Ownes7

That is Roy he is from Fire Emblem, and Marth is from the very first Fire Emblem which this year the first one is getting remade for the DS with Touch Screen controls.

and where's ness from?

MrDziekuje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MrDziekuje
[QUOTE="PBSnipes"][QUOTE="REforever101"][QUOTE="PBSnipes"]I think its because they're worried the Nintendo characters are going to be outclassed (or at the very least outnumbered) by less important/famous characters. I don't think anyone would object to having characters like Sonic, Banjo-Kazooie, Crash Bandicoot or other characters that fit within the realm of SSB's "cartoony" feel; but I wouldn't want characters like the Master Chief, Marcus Fenix or Nathan Drake to be included.Koalakommander

Roy? He is from Fire Emblem, an old series that had never seen America until after Melee's release.

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 REforever101

i dont think there are any characters that are unique to ssb

MrDziekuje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MrDziekuje

and where's ness from?

Koalakommander

Earthbound.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 damswedon
Member since 2007 • 512 Posts
the game needs one more 3rd party character. either someone from nintendos history or isaac from golden sun.
Masterfubu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Masterfubu
the game needs one more 3rd party character. either someone from nintendos history or isaac from golden sun.damswedon
bwii soldier nd captain olimar. game&watch and Mewtwo Must come baq
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Nintendo_Ownes7
the game needs one more 3rd party character. either someone from nintendos history or isaac from golden sun.damswedon
Isaac could be in it because Camelot was 2nd Party to Nintendo for a long time they still might be 2nd Party even though they are working with Capcom on We Love Golf, also Golden Sun I think is Nintendo's IP because Camelot made it for Nintendo. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)
damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 damswedon
Member since 2007 • 512 Posts

i would like one of the following.

Simon Belmont - castlevania

black mage - final fantasy

Isaac - golden sun

phoenix - ace attorney

stephant_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33 stephant_6
Member since 2005 • 1758 Posts
OMG Gordon Freeman to be in SSBB!
wiretoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 wiretoss
Member since 2006 • 3030 Posts

I hateeehatehatehatehatehate third parties being introduced, personally.

It's called SUPER SMASH BROTHERS
Which came from Mario and Luigi which came from nintendo, etc. etc.

Seeing sonic with them for example makes me want to projectile vomit. :/

LoeJance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 LoeJance
Member since 2006 • 1595 Posts
i think the two are enuff. not even all the 1st and secnd party are there yet. get the soldier frum bwii, capt olimar THEN we can talk 3rd party. i dnt want anymore bc its supposed to b all ninty, thats the whole premis of the game. im ok wth sonic and snake but i would like no mor 3rd party and mor 1st & 2ndMasterfubu
Your opinion doesn't count considering you either couldn't, or chose not to spell 'enough' right. Although I do agree two or three third-party characters are enough. I disagree on Capatain Olimar though, I think he would be a terrible character for Smash Bros.
Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#36 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

I dont see the problem with third parties in smash bros, but I have a feeling I'll start having a problem with it once I start playing the game