Why do retailers love PC gamers so much?

• 146 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#51 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]

you mean deals like this?

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/action/tomb-raider/

:P

krisroe_213

There are cheaper places

That site looks amazing.O_o
lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

[QUOTE="lazerface216"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"] Where though? When I used to use my PS3 as y primary platform I used to consider getting a game for $40 two months after launch a good deal. I would mainly only buy from Amazon and GameStop. Where you you buy console games comparable to the examples I provided above in that same time frame?BPoole96

why am i confined to your little time frame? you made a blanket statement that console games are expensive and you are wrong. sure you get great sales every now and then on steam, hell amazing sales but console games get great sales on amazon as well. fact is last time i checked steam max payne 3 is still 40 bucks on pc, borderlands 2 is 60, farcry 3 is 50...all these are cheaper on console on amazon right now...and i can go on.

Because any one can just say "console gamers are dirt cheap, I bought Resistance Fall of Man from GameStop for $5!" That's not really a great deal considering the game is 6 years old. PC has great sales for current games all the time. Last week Borderlands 2 was $20 on GMG, and I bought the Season Pass for $12. A couple weeks Max Payne 3 was $12.50 on a weekend deal. Crysis 3 was $30 on Origin the other day, Far Cry 3 was on sale for around $30 on UPlay recently. Obviously the non sale prices aren't much better than consoles, but everyone is always having sales because GMG, Steam, Amazon, Origins, UPlay, Gamersgate, GoG, Impulse, GetGamesGo, etc are all in competition for your game sales and have to offer incentives to grab consumer's attention.

max payne is 16 bucks on amazon right now, AC3 is 30, borderlands 2 is 30, hitman is 25, deus ex is 17, dark souls is 20, dishonored is 25, dragon's dogma is 20....i can go on. lol console games are not "expensive" compared to pc games at all, you can always find great deals. plus, like i said before, you have the option to trade or sell your game after you've played the hell out of it...which helps with the price.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#53 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Console games in general cannot be cheaper than PC games cus of royalty fees.

SentientMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 SentientMind
Member since 2013 • 361 Posts

That's exactly why I don't understand console only player or console fanboys. Why waste $60 on a game withy worse graphics, controls and framerates when you can get the same game with better graphics, more freedom, better controls and depending on your hardware better framerates for only $50 to $30.

I actually have too many games on PC because they're just so damn cheap, most of my games in my Steam account have never been played because I just don't have time to play them all. I just can't resist when a game like Borderlands 2 only cost $50 to begin with and then gets 75% off on top of that.

iPage

This. I haven't gotten to finish Just Cause 2, Metro 2033, and Mirror's Edge because of this. I am only an hour into JC2, and a few into Mirror's Edge.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#55 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

PC gamers get the best deals, everywhere!

PC games are REALLY cheap on Amazon, GameStop, and Best Buy compared to their console versions. And they also do a lot of 50% and 75% off deals for PC only on the latest games. That is ridiculous! Makes you think, maybe it really is rewarding to spend $400-$600 on a gaming PC.

Anyways, why do console gamers get the short end of the stick in all the retailers?

Makes me rage when i see a game on PC for $30, while the PS3 version is still $60.

Second_Hokage

On consoles about 15$ out of each game sold goes to Sony/Microsoft. So there isn't anywhere near as much for deals there.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

lawlessx
It's 25% off on Origin, also. I think Origin is trying to match GMG for some games.
Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

Here is a question, do you think if they priced PC games at $60, you guyz would buy knowing fully well there is a torrent of said game out there somewhere. Seriously PC gamers should remove the **** in front of their foreheads. This is the publishers saying ''getting something is better than nothing'' for the most part

megaspiderweb09
Most high profile pc games release at $60 these days. Bioshock Infinite is $60 on steam and its steams best seller right now.
Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Cranler
[QUOTE="lazerface216"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

[QUOTE="lazerface216"]

not true at all, you can gets tons of console games for dirt cheap nowadays. lol expensive games, where do you get this from?

Every game launching at $60, rarely do PSN/XBLA ever reach the low prices that Steam offers, crappy pre order bonuses (for example I preordered BioShock Infinite and got Bioshock 1, XCOM, and Civ 5 as well as $15 back), and it takes years for retail console games to reach prices that Steam/Amazon/GMG have within 4 months of release.
Some more examples I have gotten with PC games:

• Tomb Raider day one for $18
  • DMC day one for $37
  • Fay Cry 3 in January for $12.50
  • Hitman Absolution in December for $20 (its $10 on Steam right now)
  • Crysis 3 day one for $40
  • Scribblenauts Unlimited in December for $7.50
  • Sleeping Dogs in October for $16

I would have to wait a very long time to get those prices on consoles, and chances are used copies would reach those prices long before new copies did (and buying used games is for plebs)

those are great deals and all but that still doesn't deny the fact that there are tons of console games for dirt cheap. 

You cant deny the fact that those deals beat any console prices for those games.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#59 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

publishers Don't have to put up with a other party. On consoles MS/sony Nin all get a cut of the pie PLUS the store that sells it. 

on PC the publisher only has to cut the pie with the retailer SO right is an instant savings. 

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Cranler
[QUOTE="lazerface216"]

[QUOTE="krisroe_213"][QUOTE="lazerface216"]

ummmmm no. do your research hun...

I own an Xbox 360, and every time a new game comes out the PC version is always cheaper. I go on a Cd key site and it's another 40% cheaper. I would like to know where I can find these "dirt" cheap console games

so we are only referring to brand new games here? why? and of course the pc version is always cheaper, DD will always be cheaper than retail. difference is when i'm done beating that brand new game, i can go ahead and sell it and put that money towards another game of my choice...or trade it online. or hell, i can rent it for 5-6 bucks and beat it. isn't that what pc fanboys always talk about? options? well console gamers have that when it comes to software...so yeah, console games are absolutely not "expensive" when compared to pc games. they both have their perks.

Actually retail is typically cheaper than dd. At least when it comes to steam. Steam only wins when they have a sale. DD is often priced higher due to the convenience. Trading in gets you about $30 for a recent game. Not that great and you can never replay it. Renting sucks due to low availability. A pc gamer with patience to wait for price drops spends less on games than console gamers even when factoring in the selling, trading in and renting.
Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Cranler

[QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="lazerface216"]those are great deals and all but that still doesn't deny the fact that there are tons of console games for dirt cheap.

lazerface216

Where though? When I used to use my PS3 as y primary platform I used to consider getting a game for $40 two months after launch a good deal. I would mainly only buy from Amazon and GameStop. Where you you buy console games comparable to the examples I provided above in that same time frame?

why am i confined to your little time frame? you made a blanket statement that console games are expensive and you are wrong. sure you get great sales every now and then on steam, hell amazing sales but console games get great sales on amazon as well. fact is last time i checked steam max payne 3 is still 40 bucks on pc, borderlands 2 is 60, farcry 3 is 50...all these are cheaper on console on amazon right now...and i can go on.

You speak as if steam is the only place to buy pc games. Far Cry 3 on amazon is $33 for pc and $46 for 360. Borderlands 2 pc is $29 while 360 version is $36.49. Skyrim is $23 on pc and $40 on 360. Max Payne 3 is the only game thats cheaper on console and its probably because the console versions arent selling well.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#62 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

Here is a question, do you think if they priced PC games at $60, you guyz would buy knowing fully well there is a torrent of said game out there somewhere. Seriously PC gamers should remove the **** in front of their foreheads. This is the publishers saying ''getting something is better than nothing'' for the most part

megaspiderweb09

and that is a problem exactly why considering pc gaming was a 20billion industry in 2012 ???

Here is a hypothetical question for you since you like them. Do you think if console games where as easy to pirate as pc console gamers would buy their games ? Seriously console gamers should remove the **** in front of their foreheads.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 adamosmaki
[QUOTE="lazerface216"]

[QUOTE="krisroe_213"] I own an Xbox 360, and every time a new game comes out the PC version is always cheaper. I go on a Cd key site and it's another 40% cheaper. I would like to know where I can find these "dirt" cheap console gamesCranler

so we are only referring to brand new games here? why? and of course the pc version is always cheaper, DD will always be cheaper than retail. difference is when i'm done beating that brand new game, i can go ahead and sell it and put that money towards another game of my choice...or trade it online. or hell, i can rent it for 5-6 bucks and beat it. isn't that what pc fanboys always talk about? options? well console gamers have that when it comes to software...so yeah, console games are absolutely not "expensive" when compared to pc games. they both have their perks.

Actually retail is typically cheaper than dd. At least when it comes to steam. Steam only wins when they have a sale. DD is often priced higher due to the convenience. Trading in gets you about $30 for a recent game. Not that great and you can never replay it. Renting sucks due to low availability. A pc gamer with patience to wait for price drops spends less on games than console gamers even when factoring in the selling, trading in and renting.

actually i think is mostly steam that is as expensive and often more expensive than retail. I found out greenmangaming is almost always cheaper than retail on launch games . Gamersgate as well alot of times is cheaper
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#64 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

Because we buy the most games

lazerface216

lol i'm sure that's why...

Well it's true.

PC games are both purchased in larger numbers,  and  pirated in larger numbers, because the user base is ridiculously huge compared to consoles. That, and there's  far  more  games available.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#65 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

[QUOTE="lazerface216"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"] Where though? When I used to use my PS3 as y primary platform I used to consider getting a game for $40 two months after launch a good deal. I would mainly only buy from Amazon and GameStop. Where you you buy console games comparable to the examples I provided above in that same time frame?Cranler

You speak as if steam is the only place to buy pc games. Far Cry 3 on amazon is $33 for pc and $46 for 360. Borderlands 2 pc is $29 while 360 version is $36.49. Skyrim is $23 on pc and $40 on 360. Max Payne 3 is the only game thats cheaper on console and its probably because the console versions arent selling well.

It's just ignorance. Explains a lot.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

The cost to game on the PC has gotten so cheap that I've actually found myself less interested in console gaming because it's just too expensive in comparison. 

Ly_the_Fairy

I know right, i'm looking at 60 euro games and scoffing at how ridiculously expensive they are, Steam and other DD sales have spoiled us.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 adamosmaki

[QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="lazerface216"]

lazerface216

Because any one can just say "console gamers are dirt cheap, I bought Resistance Fall of Man from GameStop for $5!" That's not really a great deal considering the game is 6 years old. PC has great sales for current games all the time. Last week Borderlands 2 was $20 on GMG, and I bought the Season Pass for $12. A couple weeks Max Payne 3 was $12.50 on a weekend deal. Crysis 3 was $30 on Origin the other day, Far Cry 3 was on sale for around $30 on UPlay recently. Obviously the non sale prices aren't much better than consoles, but everyone is always having sales because GMG, Steam, Amazon, Origins, UPlay, Gamersgate, GoG, Impulse, GetGamesGo, etc are all in competition for your game sales and have to offer incentives to grab consumer's attention.

max payne is 16 bucks on amazon right now, AC3 is 30, borderlands 2 is 30, hitman is 25, deus ex is 17, dark souls is 20, dishonored is 25, dragon's dogma is 20....i can go on. lol console games are not "expensive" compared to pc games at all, you can always find great deals. plus, like i said before, you have the option to trade or sell your game after you've played the hell out of it...which helps with the price.

Those deals unless they are on amazon are only available to a small anmount of gamers. Steam/greenmangaming/gamersgate on the other hand are available worldwide

DD sales occur every day and much more often 

You can actually trade games for credit on pc ( on greenmangaming though not all games ) and also rent games with some services such as metaboli ( 10 pounds a month you get access to thousands games including recent releases )

Steam is not the only DD service out there 

Those games you listed where already on sale on pc for cheaper and some actually are on sale now for much cheaper 

Hitman is 8,50euros at steam dishonored on amazon.uk is 18 , borderlands 2 is 17euros at gamersgate and Deus EX is 12 on steam ( let alone those games were before on sale for even cheaper such as Deus ex for 7,50 ) so again pc games are cheaper and will always be cheaper and part of the reason is no royalties to MS or Sony or nintendo 

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 adamosmaki

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

The cost to game on the PC has gotten so cheap that I've actually found myself less interested in console gaming because it's just too expensive in comparison. 

Snugenz

I know right, i'm looking at 60 euro games and scoffing at how ridiculously expensive they are, Steam and other DD sales have spoiled us.

i havent bought a game over 15 euros for nearly 2 years and is not as if i buy older games only. I usually wait about 3-6 months and i get games for much cheaper than their launch price
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

The PC games don't sell well at full price or close to it. Retailers and such have to drop the price for the sales to pick up.

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

[QUOTE="krisroe_213"]

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]

MonsieurX

There are cheaper places

Sounds fishy

This is what WOT says. The site is yellow, so it might seem fishy. Then again, G2Play was yellow before, now it's green, and yet every purchase I made throught their store went flawlessly.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#71 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
Is that CD Key house legit? Its got Tomb Raider for £18.
MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

The PC games don't sell well at full price or close to it. Retailers and such have to drop the price for the sales to pick up.

Puckhog04
No,it´s because they don´t ave to pay anywhere near as much on fees as they do with console versions and even with a cheaper price the still make more money in average with a PC copy sold. It´s a well known fact that console games give the dev/publisher 30% profit from each copy sold while on the PC it´s around 70% profit for the dev/publisher,wich makes it like even if you sell for instance,2 Million copies of say,Bioshock Infinite on the 360 and 1M on the PC at full price,the PC version is still being more profitable than the 360 version,and to outprofit it it would need to sell 3 to 1.
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

Is that CD Key house legit? Its got Tomb Raider for £18.clyde46

Well, everywhere I look, people say the site delivers the goods with no problems, they'll quickly e-mail you the key, but I also see people raising questions about legitimacy of those keys, like asking whether the publishers even gets any money from those sales.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 clyde46

[QUOTE="clyde46"]Is that CD Key house legit? Its got Tomb Raider for £18.Rocker6

Well, everywhere I look, people say the site delivers the goods with no problems, they'll quickly e-mail you the key, but I also see people raising issues about legitimacy of those keys, like questioning whether the publishers even gets any money from those sales.

I remember TB speaking about this, saying a lot of these keys come from the Eastern Block.
krisroe_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 krisroe_213
Member since 2003 • 898 Posts
[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"]Is that CD Key house legit? Its got Tomb Raider for £18.clyde46

Well, everywhere I look, people say the site delivers the goods with no problems, they'll quickly e-mail you the key, but I also see people raising issues about legitimacy of those keys, like questioning whether the publishers even gets any money from those sales.

I remember TB speaking about this, saying a lot of these keys come from the Eastern Block.

I have 12 games from there and they all work fine on and offline. They have over 30,000 people on their Facebook who all seem to be happy. And you can see how quick they respond to people's questions. They are legit.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 clyde46
[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="Rocker6"]

krisroe_213

I have 12 games from there and they all work fine on and offline. They have over 30,000 people on their Facebook who all seem to be happy. And you can see how quick they respond to people's questions. They are legit.

Hmm. How did you find these guys?
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"]Is that CD Key house legit? Its got Tomb Raider for £18.clyde46

Yeah, makes sense, there's plenty of similiar services on-line, and they all look fishy by offering far cheaper prices than what you can see on well known and trusted sites like Steam.

But if you aren't concerned about the developers and all that stuff, I'd go for it. Hell, I'm tempted myself, but I don't have any game purchases in mind right now. Still, I may cave in, that TR deal looks crazy good!

krisroe_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 krisroe_213
Member since 2003 • 898 Posts
[QUOTE="clyde46"][QUOTE="krisroe_213"][QUOTE="clyde46"] I remember TB speaking about this, saying a lot of these keys come from the Eastern Block.

Hmm. How did you find these guys?

Well I bought games from G2play and was happy with them so I looked for more. Found CD Key House, did my research and bought a game and everything was fine - just like g2play
Gallowhand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 9

#79 Gallowhand
Member since 2013 • 697 Posts

[QUOTE="megaspiderweb09"]

Cranler

Most high profile pc games release at $60 these days. Bioshock Infinite is $60 on steam and its steams best seller right now.

I'll get it from Amazon instead, for £28 (~ $40).  Some of us are on a budget. ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
Member since 2013 • 2504 Posts
No one buys PC games though
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
No one buys PC games thoughxboxiphoneps3
Odd, I have 100's of PC games :?
IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

[QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"]No one buys PC games thoughblue_hazy_basic

ObiWanMindTrick.jpg

No, you didn't buy those.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

PC games are REALLY cheap on Amazon, GameStop, and Best Buy compared to their console versions. And they also do a lot of 50% and 75% off deals for PC only on the latest games. That is ridiculous! Makes you think, maybe it really is rewarding to spend $400-$600 on a gaming PC.

Anyways, why do console gamers get the short end of the stick in all the retailers?

Makes me rage when i see a game on PC for $30, while the PS3 version is still $60.

Second_Hokage
Dat digital delivery. Devs and publishers love it. So much less overhead. Thus, the savings get passed on to PC gamers.
Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#84 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

PC is where it's at... Not tired old consoles that nickle and dime you.

http://www.kumbaso.com/products/resident-evil-6-biohazard-6-pc-download-steam.html

$21.45 for a bran new game.

So many yummy sites to shop on.

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"]No one buys PC games thoughIgGy621985

ObiWanMindTrick.jpg

These are not the games I was looking for. I should go buy 6 hr linear games for $60. Thank you MS and Sony!
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="krisroe_213"]

There are cheaper places

Bikouchu35

Sounds fishy

Could be dem russian sites.

Gmg is pretty darn fricken good already, so I'll stick to them for my future purchase.

@TC, a typical conselite is a typical movie go-er, they always buy into w.e the industry feeds them. High demand, high prices. PC/hermits are like princes or connoisseur with their choices, so they have to drive a hard bargain to get them to buy. Plus many other factors as others may of stated.

And you wonder why your faction is considered elitist.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

[QUOTE="Bikouchu35"]

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"] Sounds fishylowe0

Gmg is pretty darn fricken good already, so I'll stick to them for my future purchase.

@TC, a typical conselite is a typical movie go-er, they always buy into w.e the industry feeds them. High demand, high prices. PC/hermits are like princes or connoisseur with their choices, so they have to drive a hard bargain to get them to buy. Plus many other factors as others may of stated.

all the fanboys are equally elitist

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

[QUOTE="Bikouchu35"]

lowe0

help-monty-python-demotivational-poster-

lowe to the rescue :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
Member since 2013 • 2504 Posts
[QUOTE="IgGy621985"]

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"] Odd, I have 100's of PC games :?blue_hazy_basic

ObiWanMindTrick.jpg

These are not the games I was looking for. I should go buy 6 hr linear games for $60. Thank you MS and Sony!

Kinda sounds like Crysis LOL
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="IgGy621985"]

ObiWanMindTrick.jpg

xboxiphoneps3

you're thinking of crysis 2

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts
Usually when something is "cheap"...it's because it's not moving and they have to discount.
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 adamosmaki
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="IgGy621985"]

ObiWanMindTrick.jpg

xboxiphoneps3

Crysis 1 can easily last you 20-25 hours Since Crysis went to consoles though that went to 5-6 hour single player and cod alike MP
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts
Gotta price low because a lot of pc gamer fanboys like free pirated games.
WadeKuun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 WadeKuun
Member since 2012 • 161 Posts
It's cheaper. I really dont know if they "love" it but im sure they like the extra money.
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

Second_Hokage
They're cheap because they don't have a long shelf life. Within the first 2-3 months the prices get dropped by retailers to try and move them off the shelves. Console games have a longer shelf life, hence the retailers can keep the price higher on them for a longer period of time. PC games don't have much resell value either.
tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

Digital distribution I would say..

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

[QUOTE="lowe0"][QUOTE="Bikouchu35"]

blue_hazy_basic

I like Monty Python as much as the next guy, but do you have a serious counterargument to my post?
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#98 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

[QUOTE="Bikouchu35"]

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"] Sounds fishylowe0

and what do you call the common Sony fanboy these days?

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]

[QUOTE="lowe0"] And you wonder why your faction is considered elitist.lowe0

I like Monty Python as much as the next guy, but do you have a serious counterargument to my post?

Nope, there are no serious counterarguments to be made to that post.
blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]

the_bi99man

That's pretty sweet for a game that's been out for 3 weeks. But it was only $50 to begin with, rather than the standard $60. Not sure if that was only the PC version, though. Are all new console games still $60, even from the handful of publishers who launch at $50 for PC?

Almost all console games start at $60, even though many of the Wii exclusives started at $50. Console games prices usually go on sale after the first month though. You'll be able to get Tomb Raider on consoles for $40-$50 in a couple of weeks, as it will go on sale somewhere. I get a lot of my used games off EBay for $20-$30. So you don't have to pay $60 for console games.