Why do people hate spoilers?[no spoilers in this btw]

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by free_milk (4368 posts) -

I dont understand.Why do people get so butthurt when you tell them a spoiler?There going to find out in the end anyways and there have been 0 games with good enough storys this gen.

I knew the AC3,ME3 and Halo 4 endings before I even finished the games.Spoilers arent as big as a deal as people make them out to be.

#2 Posted by freedomfreak (38636 posts) -
C'mon, man..
#3 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4340 posts) -

Because I want to experience everything leading up to the ending and be surprised whether it sucks or not.

#4 Posted by free_milk (4368 posts) -
C'mon, man..freedomfreak
Im going rusty ;( 1 week left before I start making good threads.
#5 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

TC is dum

#6 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]C'mon, man..free_milk
Im going rusty ;( 1 week left before I start making good threads.

Lost a bet? Suddenly it makes sense.

#7 Posted by free_milk (4368 posts) -

TC is dum

Master_ShakeXXX
Thanks mate. :P
#8 Posted by ultimate-k (2348 posts) -

We want to be suprised, spoilers ruin that.

#9 Posted by platniumgamer (4087 posts) -

TC is doooooomed.

#10 Posted by clyde46 (43920 posts) -
Use those two brain cells TC.
#11 Posted by RyanShazam (6498 posts) -
My ex girlfriend ruined a huge part of Gears of War 3 for me. We are no longer together... Lol Thats not the reason why.
#12 Posted by madsnakehhh (14043 posts) -

Because i want to experience the game (or film or book, etc) by myself, is definitely not a big deal, however i found people who throws spoilers without any warning to be pretty disrespectful.

#13 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38194 posts) -

Dude seriuosly...

#14 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

This can't be a serious question...

#15 Posted by verbtex (8489 posts) -

Because, what is the fun of watching a football game if you already know the final score?

#16 Posted by Cheleman (7616 posts) -

hurr durr

#17 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

Because, what is the fun of watching a football game if you already know the final score?

verbtex

the commercials?

#18 Posted by GamerZem (539 posts) -

Spoilers don't bother me too much...sure, I am a little disappointed that I didn't get to find out myself, but I can still have a fun time playing the game.

#19 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

this is why I play nintendo games. The story is ethir left open to your interpretation like Metroid, or the story takes a back seat to fantastic gameplay: mario, Zelda, Pokemon. :cool:

#20 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

Because you told me the ending to AC3 even though I specifically said no spoilers and told you I haven't finished the game yet.

#21 Posted by AmnesiaHaze (5683 posts) -

[spoiler] so you say you like spoilers? [/spoiler]

#22 Posted by crimsonman1245 (4253 posts) -

They specifically tell you not to do it in the ToA of gamespot.

#23 Posted by Crossel777 (5593 posts) -

I think this thread rivals SNIPER4321's threads in the amount of stupid it portrays. You two should have a competition. Biggest idiot on system wars?

#24 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

Gee, I wonder why people don't want to know the ending or imporant plot points in a game before they've gone out and purchased the game.

It's not like we enjoy playing through games and experiencing the journey first hand with no clue of what the game and it's story holds for us whether it's good or not.

[spoiler] /sarcasm [/spoiler]

#25 Posted by Gue1 (9342 posts) -

:o

#26 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

You're so bad at making threads. What kind of stupid question is this?

#27 Posted by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

Another consolite lowers my IQ, now its at 299.

#28 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8694 posts) -
And you wonder why I consider you to be on par with Sniper when it comes to intelligence...
#29 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

Jankarcop

That must be the absolute value of your IQ. It was confirmed you had a negative IQ long ago....

#30 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38194 posts) -

verbtex

Silly verb, answering legitimately :P

#31 Posted by SectorSix6 (204 posts) -
you should have put a spoiler in this thread, TC..letting us know before hand that what we are about to read sucks ass.
#32 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
The structure of a traditional story goes "beginning > middle > end" not "end > beginning > middle > end". Some people enjoy going through the former progression because learning about the end before seeing the build up and climax ruins part of the experience. Even if the story isn't "as good as books/movies" it's still worth going through properly because that is how it was designed/written by the developer. So if you want to discuss spoilers, use the goddamn tags or just GTFO.
#33 Posted by clone01 (24323 posts) -
Really?
#34 Posted by Bumblebee1138 (45 posts) -
Don't you have anything else to do other than make stupid question which have too obvious answers? Next you'll ask "Why people drink water?"
#35 Posted by Arctic_Grillz (2749 posts) -
Wtf is this sh!t! Because we want it to be a surprise, to peek our interest because at any moment in the game some crazy sh!t might happen.
#36 Posted by Ross_the_Boss6 (2508 posts) -

[QUOTE="verbtex"]

Jonwh18

the commercials?

That's only the superbowl. Nobody watches football for the commercials during the regular season.

Not sure if this thread is a joke or not, but I had a roommate who felt that way about spoilers. It pissed me off, because he assumed everyone felt the same way, so he spoiled a couple shows for me.

#37 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
i personally love reading up spoilers... i guess ppl just want stuff 'fresh' :\ i have no problem with things being spoilt...
#38 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -
just... wow, TC has surpassed himself in stupidity.
#39 Posted by ArisShadows (22615 posts) -

1347502831979.gif

#40 Posted by Lucianu (9309 posts) -

rpun21pdxo.gif.

#41 Posted by moistsandwich (0 posts) -

Jankarcop

You forgot the decimal.

#42 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

moistsandwich

You forgot the decimal.

:lol::lol::lol:
#43 Posted by Twin-Blade (6795 posts) -

And the award for most stupid post of 2012 goes to...

#44 Posted by Gue1 (9342 posts) -

cuz they are evil.