Why do people hate on remasters?

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

seriously why the hell do people hate on remasters? for those who dont understand the difference between a remaster and a remake here it is

remaster: ''An improved version of the original title. Assets are recycled with varying levels of up-scaling, texture map improvements, model tweaks, etc. Some modern effects and/or improved anti-aliasing are added. Large swaths of the original game are carried over.'' - ((games like tlou ps4, tomb raider ps4/x1, metro redux are remasters))

remake: ''Recreation from the bottom up. The engine is new, assets are recreated rather than recycled, and save the basic story, characters, and game design, relatively little from the new game is carried over.''

there seems to be this misconception about 'bu-bu-bu company is wasting time remastering instead of making new games!!!' when in reality remasters take very little resources to make and are inexpensive. YOU WILL NOT BE GETTING A NEW GAME IF THE REMASTER WASNT BEING DEVELOPED. get that is your heads people. naughty dog are developing uc4 along with another game while a small group created tlou remaster. kingdom hearts remix or whatever was developed by a team of 4 people or something.

now i totally get why people would hate on remakes because that would take a lot of time and effort but remasters are very easy to do and provide gamers with the definitive version of the game so those who never played it have a chance to enjoy it. 'bu-bu-bu cash grab!!' well dont buy it then but stop ur bitching

#rant over

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58461 Posts

Due to the mass, ant like nature, pc gamers can enhance a game well beyond the limited resources of a developer team. For the master race, paying £39.99 for something barely touched up, is immoral, wrong and immoral. Due to being wrong.

It's also incredibly lazy. Last Of Us, the most overrated game ever, re-released selling million. These people, have promoted lazyness. Now everyone will do it.

Much like overpriced DLC, which are essentially very lazy mods a 14 year old could make at the weekend, graphic mods are now being sold.

Console innovation. Along with a free2play model on top of an overpriced $90 game.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

because it replaced backward compatibility.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ghostwarrior786

@uninspiredcup said:

Due to the mass, ant like nature, pc gamers can enhance a game well beyond the limited resources of a developer team. For the master race, paying £39.99 for something barely touched up, is immoral, wrong and immoral. Due to being wrong.

It's also incredibly lazy. Last Of Us, the most overrated game ever, re-released selling million. These people, have promoted lazyness. Now everyone will do it.

Much like overpriced DLC, which are essentially very lazy mods a 14 year old could make at the weekend, graphic mods are now being sold.

Console innovation. Along with a free2play model on top of an overpriced $90 game.

so u can play tlou at 4k resolution? oh wait u cant the game isnt even on pc. maybe if u lot made enough petitions sony might release it but its not looking good for the master pleb race. how are u enjoying gta5? great game isnt it? i bet ur pc can play it at 4k the game must look amazing, oh wait...

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13624 Posts

I don't think people do too much. But right now it feels like a bit of a cynical lazy trend I think. Also some of the differences aren't even day and night, it's more like day and evening.

MS and Sony promised a new gen, now give us the games. It's not our problem that they're in development, they chose to launch their consoles early for their own personal pissing contest, now give us something. Last gen ports and last gen/current gen multiplats is little tedious. It would be okay if it was mixed in with more new stuff.

It's just been a really dry first year.

Although I am a hypocrite because there is one or two that I know would interest me such as the Halo Collection, for Halo 2 mainly, but then I haven't played that since the original Xbox, it's not a last gen game.

That's my opinion on the situation anyway.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9378 Posts

What can I say that @uninspiredcup hasn't already said? Well maybe the fact that devs keep remastering games instead of working on new stuff? At least we have crowd-funding to get some new IPs.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58461 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

so u can play tlou at 4k resolution? oh wait u cant the game isnt even on pc. maybe if u lot made enough petitions sony might release it but its not looking good for the master pleb race. how are u enjoying gta5? great game isnt it? i bet ur pc can play it at 4k the game must look amazing, oh wait...

Rather than acknowledge my being factually correct, you have elected the way of pain. A personal attack based on movie games which proper pc gamers such as myself have very little interest in. An ultimately fruitless endeavor.

My friend, i'v been playing Planescape Torement and Fallout.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ghostwarrior786

@Gue1 said:

ps3 cell would be very very hard emulate, in fact i dont think it can be emulated unless u add a cell processor into the ps4. i rather sony concentrate their effort on making 1080p/60fps definitive version than playing a jagged mess which cost more effort to do

@HalcyonScarlet said:

I don't think people do too much. But right now it feels like a bit of a cynical lazy trend I think. Also some of the differences aren't even day and night, it's more like day and evening.

MS and Sony promised a new gen, now give us the games. It's not our problem that they're in development, they chose to launch their consoles early for their own personal pissing contest, now give us something. Last gen ports and last gen/current gen multiplats is little tedious. It would be okay if it was mixed in with more new stuff.

Although I am a hypocrite because there is one or two that I know would interest me such as the Halo Collection, for Halo 2 mainly, but then I haven't played that since the original Xbox, it's not a last gen game.

but the first year is always crap. i learned my lesson from last gen when i bought x360 at launch and realised there was **** all to play which is why im waiting this time. 2015 is shaping up to be one hell of a year so i really see the problem

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

As stated above, they replaced backwards compatability, and is for the consumer a WAY more expensive alternative to BC.

I don't think alot of people would complain if the game was a few gens old, but these are fairly recent games, and we are not talking a few, we are talking alot of remasters. Often pretty shoddy executed aswell.

The pricepoints also seem really steep for the most part, which is hardly justified.

On the flip side ofcourse it IS a way for people to get gems they missed near the end of the last gen, but still does not justify not simply having BC, and buying the (much cheaper) original game.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ghostwarrior786

@uninspiredcup said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Rather than acknowledge my being factually correct, you have elected the way of paint. A personal attack based on movie games which proper pc gamers such as myself have very little interest in. An ultimately fruitless endeavor.

My friend, i'v been playing Planescape Torement and Fallout.

so u dont like gta 5? is that what u are saying? haha at least tell me u are looking forward to ff15

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

i dont...i think its just a port to a new system... i think the word remaster is what is making ppl cynical.

Hell i dont think pc players will rage over a "remastered" edition of red dead redemption. its just a port thats been upgraded

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13624 Posts
@ghostwarrior786 said:

@Gue1 said:

ps3 cell would be very very hard emulate, in fact i dont think it can be emulated unless u add a cell processor into the ps4. i rather sony concentrate their effort on making 1080p/60fps definitive version than playing a jagged mess which cost more effort to do

@HalcyonScarlet said:

but the first year is always crap. i learned my lesson from last gen when i bought x360 at launch and realised there was **** all to play which is why im waiting this time. 2015 is shaping up to be one hell of a year so i really see the problem

You're smart. :-)

The problem is that it's not mixed in with more new stuff imo. So if the remakes or whatever was coming in a year with new actual current gen games, I don't think people would mind too much.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

Because most see them as cheap cash-ins and replacing backwards compatibility.

Some remasters have a small point to them. Others do not.

The only remaster I'm planning on getting is Metro Redux because I have never played a Metro game and it's got 2 full games.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#14 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

We want new games that's why...

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

it's 2014 and people hate on literally everything... so sad

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ghostwarrior786

@Boddicker said:

Because most see them as cheap cash-ins and replacing backwards compatibility.

Some remasters have a small point to them. Others do not.

The only remaster I'm planning on getting is Metro Redux because I have never played a Metro game and it's got 2 full games.

but who decides if the remasters have some point to them? the customers of course. i played metro and found it boring so im not getting it so according to me metro redux is a waste of time but u want to play it and thankfully for u the devs are making a remaster collection.

just because u dont see the point to the remaster doesnt mean others dont, for instance ive played all of uncharted games so i wont buy a remaster collection but for x360 only owners who bought a ps4 the uncharted trilogy could be a god send.

@chikenfriedrice said:

We want new games that's why...

but u are getting new games. remasters are not made at the expense of new games more like in conjunction with new projects. it only takes a small team to remaster a game

@jsmoke03 said:

i dont...i think its just a port to a new system... i think the word remaster is what is making ppl cynical.

Hell i dont think pc players will rage over a "remastered" edition of red dead redemption. its just a port thats been upgraded

dont mention red dead redemption in the presence of @uninspiredcup, his eyes are going to get all funny again. chin up uninspired, maybe one day rockstar will listen to the petitions and make a port

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 45895 Posts

I don't hate remasters

They usually allow people to get older games polished up and for a low price. Especially great if you didn't get a certain system last gen. Like personally I loved that I could enjoy PS2 games on my PS3 and Vita.

I do hate the way TLOU handled it though. This is totally different than buying 3 PS2 games for 30 dollars or buying Metro: Redux for 10.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ghostwarrior786

@R4gn4r0k said:

I don't hate remasters

They usually allow people to get older games polished up and for a low price. Especially great if you didn't get a certain system last gen. Like personally I loved that I could enjoy PS2 games on my PS3 and Vita.

I do hate the way TLOU handled it though. This is totally different than buying 3 PS2 games for 30 dollars or buying Metro: Redux for 10.

in uk tlou on ps3 brand new costs £25 and remaster costs £35 so essential u are paying £10 for the upgraded version which isnt bad imo.

i just sold my tlou ps3 copy for £20 on ebay so if i was to buy the remaster its only £10.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Normal people don't hate remasters. Normal people don't waste energy hating something they have no plan on purchasing.

Just few loud people on system wars do.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

I don't hate remasters

in uk tlou on ps3 brand new costs £25 and remaster costs £35 so essential u are paying £10 for the upgraded version which isnt bad imo.

i just sold my tlou ps3 copy for £20 on ebay so if i was to buy the remaster its only £10.

But it's not though.

If they would've allowed people to upgrade their PS3 version for 10 than I would have had no problem with it.

Instead they want people to rebuy the game, for a high price, and I do not like that.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ghostwarrior786

@R4gn4r0k said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

I don't hate remasters

But it's not though.

If they would've allowed people to upgrade their PS3 version for 10 than I would have had no problem with it.

Instead they want people to rebuy the game, for a high price, and I do not like that.

but it is because im only paying £10 extra if i want to buy ps4 version. now a upgrade option would have been nice and something they should have defo done

edit: shit i meant £15 because i sold it for £20

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60665 Posts

I'm not complaining. I'll have bought quite a few by the time this gen is over.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38026 Posts

@ghostwarrior786:

there seems to be this misconception about 'bu-bu-bu company is wasting time remastering instead of making new games!!!' when in reality remasters take very little resources to make and are inexpensive. YOU WILL NOT BE GETTING A NEW GAME IF THE REMASTER WASNT BEING DEVELOPED

Need to see actual spreadsheets of the cost of these as proof. Other wise its just another forum poster shooting at the moon. Also if they do take little in resources why do they need to charge $50 -60 for them? And remastering a game from last year or last gen?

As for stop your bitching.............you stop bitching about others bitching first.

humanistpotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 humanistpotato
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

+1 even tho i dont agree with master race part

also everybody hates when someone makes a lot of money without much effort, pewdiepie is an example

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

Go ahead consololites, go and dish out $60 for already played games instead of new ones. Don't come back and bitch about it like DLC a year later when all you are getting are remasters instead of new games.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

cause they are rip offs

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ghostwarrior786

@cainetao11 said:

@ghostwarrior786:

there seems to be this misconception about 'bu-bu-bu company is wasting time remastering instead of making new games!!!' when in reality remasters take very little resources to make and are inexpensive. YOU WILL NOT BE GETTING A NEW GAME IF THE REMASTER WASNT BEING DEVELOPED

Need to see actual spreadsheets of the cost of these as proof. Other wise its just another forum poster shooting at the moon. Also if they do take little in resources why do they need to charge $50 -60 for them? And remastering a game from last year or last gen?

As for stop your bitching.............you stop bitching about others bitching first.

games are developed with higher quality assets than downscaled to achieve the right performance, remasters are just using the assets that are already developed and applying the finishing touches in most cases. tomb raider ps4/x1 version is really just a port of the pc version on ultra setting. naughty dog have already stated they are developing uc4 and a new ip, only a small group was working on the remaster, it doesnt take a genius to work out remasters dont cost nearly as much as a new game to make.

and do u really need to be told why they are 50-60? because thats what people are willing to pay for them.

'you stop bitching about others bitching first' but would that stop them bitching? no

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

...remasters are just using the assets that are already developed and applying the finishing touches in most cases. tomb raider ps4/x1 version is really just a port of the pc version on ultra setting...

...and do u really need to be told why they are 50-60?

Shouldn't these statements, coming from yourself, have given you a pretty good answer to "why do people hate on remasters?"

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts

In the real world, remasters/remakes sell enough to justify companies making them so they obviously have a market. People who don't want to buy the game simply don't buy the game and have no further thoughts about it, just like they do for the hundreds of games that come out every year that they also don't buy.

On the internet however, faux outrage reigns supreme and everyone hates everything.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ghostwarrior786

@XaosII said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

...remasters are just using the assets that are already developed and applying the finishing touches in most cases. tomb raider ps4/x1 version is really just a port of the pc version on ultra setting...

...and do u really need to be told why they are 50-60?

Shouldn't these statements, coming from yourself, have given you a pretty good answer to "why do people hate on remasters?"

i live in uk so im not sure how it works in other countries but here we have free will, should i buy the game or shouldnt i. i wasnt aware companies were forcing people to buy the remasters in other countries

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#31 Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

Remasters are ok, when they get released towards the end of the generation or in the middle of it, this new gen of consoles bypassed new IPs and sequels and went straight to re-releasing last gen titles, some not even a year old (TLOU)

People don't hate remasters, but they hate that remasters have become the sole priority of this new gen of consoles while new titles and new IPs have taken the backseat

I could mention "at least there's indies" but console gamers despise indie titles with a passion so they may very well not exist, lol

Now if you excuse me... back to TWD Season 2

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

for fun?

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
@Gue1 said:

This, but even more so because it's making it less and less likely for companies to bother with BC in future consoles, why would they when they can just upres and polish games that came out 5 months ago and make a bunch of easy money?

The only ones I don't mind are titles like Ocarina of Time on 3DS and the Master Chief Collection where they're offering a very old game that's had a decent amount of effort put into it to make it look better, or they're offering a shit ton of content as well as improvements to visuals.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#34 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38026 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@cainetao11 said:

@ghostwarrior786:

games are developed with higher quality assets than downscaled to achieve the right performance, remasters are just using the assets that are already developed and applying the finishing touches in most cases. tomb raider ps4/x1 version is really just a port of the pc version on ultra setting. naughty dog have already stated they are developing uc4 and a new ip, only a small group was working on the remaster, it doesnt take a genius to work out remasters dont cost nearly as much as a new game to make.

and do u really need to be told why they are 50-60? because thats what people are willing to pay for them.

'you stop bitching about others bitching first' but would that stop them bitching? no

Point of asking if they need to charge so much for them was to point out they are looking out for number 1 when doing so. People voice concerns is a selfish act also, everyone is guilty of it. Nothing is going to stop people bitching about it. Obviously you aren't leading by example because you're bitching about people bitching.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Dont feel guilty about buying into the trend, Halo MCC offers an absolutely insane amount of content for a very reasonable price. The other remasters (TLOU) for example....offer next to nothing, I cant for the life of me fathom how 1 million people purchased that sorry excuse for printing cash.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#36 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

I don't hate them I just don't normally support them. Now if they offer a "remastered" version for a discounted price...like say Ass Creed 4, or other launch games did, then sure I will upgrade. If they offer a package like Metro Redux, then sure I can get behind that also. Otherwise most other remasters are just cash grabs. Taking a year old game, slightly upgrading the graphics, and selling it for almost full price..that is a cash grab.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#37 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

Depends on the remaster. MCC and Metro with the discounted price if you owned the previous version are good examples of a proper remaster. Remastering of an game that isn't even a year old is just a cash grab.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 R4gn4r0k

@ghostwarrior786 said:

but it is because im only paying £10 extra if i want to buy ps4 version. now a upgrade option would have been nice and something they should have defo done

edit: shit i meant £15 because i sold it for £20

Yup, that's the thing. One small thing would've made it OK for me.

Now it feels to me like ND and Sony want people to buy the game a second time for a higher price than other remasters. And they do this because they know a lot of people will ...

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

So now I should be happy when developers release old games again with new price?

Seriously, gamers whine about everything except for the things they should actually be whining about.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#40 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

I view remasters of year old games as just delayed releases. If you're up in arms about a high price at release, then wait two months.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22367 Posts

@bldgirsh said:

Depends on the remaster. MCC and Metro with the discounted price if you owned the previous version are good examples of a proper remaster. Remastering of an game that isn't even a year old is just a cash grab.

Yeah, this. I have no problems with them if they are done right, such as the examples you mentioned. MCC especially offers great value for money I think.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#42 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14409 Posts

We want new games, not games we already played.

1fragleft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 1fragleft
Member since 2014 • 53 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

The amount of work it took to port doesn't hinder the development of new games. Plus all the non PS 3 owning PS 4 owners get to play the game now.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44  Edited By EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

Because they're priced at $50 with barely any effort done to "remaster" them

Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#45 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts

@Gue1 said:

Pretty much this. Man I wish we got a GTA trilogy HD remaster last gen. I was almost sure they would. I would have paid a full $60 for each game!!!

Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#46 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

But if it's a higher res game, or a game with a higher frame rate (which does make a difference, I was surprised by the difference in the TLOU RM) it's not much different than when everyone bought DVD's of VHS's they already had..... or Blu Rays of DVD's they already have....

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

@1fragleft said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

The amount of work it took to port doesn't hinder the development of new games. Plus all the non PS 3 owning PS 4 owners get to play the game now.

I don't know. If you can just port old games and get better profit, why would anyone make new games? Not taking a lot of resources just mean they are gonna milk it all the way, and that's happening right now cuz gamers are not really good consumers.

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

If it was re-released no less than five years, then there is a problem.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44485 Posts

I don't think people hate them, I just don't think people are into buying them all that much. Most people had an opportunity to play some of this stuff and still don't care to, while others might take advantage of the stuff they didn't get around to playing.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#50 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Resident Evil Gamecube - No hate everyone pretty much loves that game.

The Legend of Zelda Windwaker HD - The People who hated it before now love it.

Halo Remastered - After this People practically wanted Halo 2 to be remastered.

The Last of US "Remastered" - I will say this. It's not a "Remastered" copy, nor is it a "Definitive" copy. It's a GOTY copy, just released on a different format.