Why do people hate kinect?

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Heirren (17325 posts) -
Xbox gamers don't hate, they love it. Why do you think they support it and continue to defend microsofts direction for the Xbox?
#52 Posted by spiderluck (2376 posts) -
[QUOTE="jsmoke03"][QUOTE="parkurtommo"] trophies? [QUOTE="spiderluck"]  LOLNO..loz

Look it's a bird ...no a plane...

what kinect game is that?

Whoosh
#53 Posted by Sushiglutton (5331 posts) -

I have never played kinect and don't really care about the games that has been made for it. From what I have heard it is fairly unprecise. Also moving your character seems to be something they haven't solved yet (pretty basic thing). That said, I def think this type of technology has a future and may enhance all kinds of games. Combining it with say a nanchuck or similar and perhaps a VR headset on top I think could be pretty nice. Let's say in a 3d puzzle type game.

I don't think it's doing any harm atm, so I don't really see any reason for hate.

#54 Posted by locopatho (20375 posts) -
People hate MS for making big name sequels like Halo, Forza and Gears on 360. People hate MS for making new IPs like Lost Odyssey, Alan Wake and Viva Pinata on 360. People hate MS for getting PC games like the Witcher 2, Left 4 Dead and Tropico 3 on 360. People hate MS for giving the PC games like Fable 3, Gears 1 and Deadlight from 360. People hate MS for getting endless great XBLA games like Mark of the Ninja, Minecraft, Trials Evo, Fex and Dust: An Elysian Tale on 360. And people hate MS for making silly/casual Kinect games as well. Basically, people hate MS and will continue to hate them forever, no matter how good/bad they actually are.
#55 Posted by todd2r_Partdeux (780 posts) -
Cows don't like it because there's not enough room in their moms basement to use it. I however am thinking of going out and buying a couple more to give as gifts just so I can support MS even more. God bless you Mr. Gates for saving us from the mediocrity and oppression that Sony forced upon us for so many years.
#56 Posted by super600 (30718 posts) -

Because the majority of the games work horribly on it.

#57 Posted by KiZZo1 (3965 posts) -

[QUOTE="parkurtommo"] trophies? [QUOTE="spiderluck"]

LOLNO..lozjsmoke03

Every Kinect game ...

#58 Posted by platniumgamer (4087 posts) -

Cows don't like it because there's not enough room in their moms basement to use it. I however am thinking of going out and buying a couple more to give as gifts just so I can support MS even more. God bless you Mr. Gates for saving us from the mediocrity and oppression that Sony forced upon us for so many years. todd2r_Partdeux
stupid cows and their basement.

#59 Posted by KungfuKitten (21131 posts) -

Cause it's faulty. It hardly functions for what it should do.

#60 Posted by OhSnapitz (18456 posts) -

[QUOTE="todd2r_Partdeux"]Cows don't like it because there's not enough room in their moms basement to use it. I however am thinking of going out and buying a couple more to give as gifts just so I can support MS even more. God bless you Mr. Gates for saving us from the mediocrity and oppression that Sony forced upon us for so many years. platniumgamer

stupid cows and their Mom's basement.

fix'd ;)

#61 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

trooper_loop.gif

solo_loop.gif

lando_loop.gif

fett_loop3_1.gif.

#62 Posted by OhSnapitz (18456 posts) -

trooper_loop.gif

solo_loop.gif

lando_loop.gif

fett_loop3_1.gif.

the_bi99man

Oh Dear God!

thrown-off-a-cliff-1.gif

#63 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

trooper_loop.gif

OhSnapitz

Oh Dear God!

thrown-off-a-cliff-1.gif

Right?

#64 Posted by cainetao11 (17708 posts) -
i have had some fun with it. It has limitations but there is a future for it. Some hate for it is just fanboy hate, or not liking new things that arent awesome from day one.
#65 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (4494 posts) -

It's a gimmick that destroys gaming.

GamerwillzPS

The only way that would be true is if it was so popular that it was destined to become a replacement for regular controllers.

The problem with kinect, it that like the Wii controller, it's only good on about 3 genres.

Despite what fanboys say MS know it can't be a primary controller, developers have struggled with it.

#66 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9834 posts) -

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

trooper_loop.gif

solo_loop.gif

lando_loop.gif

fett_loop3_1.gif.

OhSnapitz

Oh Dear God!

thrown-off-a-cliff-1.gif

That is exactly wat went through my mind
#67 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
amazing? lol no innovative? lol no fun for anyone? lol no
#68 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -
Because you touch yourself at nightTheDidact
#69 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

lol plat you work fast, 69 posts already! this is a great joke thread! :lol::lol::lol: why do people hate kinect! AS IF YOU DON'T KNOW :lol::lol:lol::lol: priceless :P

#70 Posted by platniumgamer (4087 posts) -

lol plat you work fast, 69 posts already! this is a great joke thread! :lol::lol::lol: why do people hate kinect! AS IF YOU DON'T KNOW :lol::lol:lol::lol: priceless :P

Jonwh18

i'm afraid this wasn't my joke thread. :evil:

this is my serious thread. :)

#71 Posted by Heil68 (45148 posts) -
[QUOTE="jsmoke03"][QUOTE="parkurtommo"] trophies? [QUOTE="spiderluck"]  LOLNO..loz

#LEGENDARY lolz
#72 Posted by NAPK1NS (14870 posts) -
It's an idea I don't want to take off. In order for games to remain complex and compelling is for the user control to stay equally complex. Straight up, more buttons, more depth in software. The concept of Kinect is bold, but the technology can't accommodate for the many layers of today's games.
#73 Posted by Cheleman (7707 posts) -

[QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

platniumgamer

i'm afraid this wasn't my joke thread. :evil:

this is my serious thread. :)

smiley_lol2.gif1.png

#74 Posted by ElPadilla (609 posts) -

Simple it's because all kinect games suck that's all. As soon as they come up with something compelling utilizing the technology that's not a crappy motion based casual game then I'll change my mind.

#75 Posted by GreenGoblin2099 (16988 posts) -

4/10

You've had better post, man.

#76 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

It has no AAAEs.:(

#77 Posted by platniumgamer (4087 posts) -

4/10

You've had better post, man.

GreenGoblin2099

i'm losing my posting gift. :(

#78 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

Don't hate it. Don't mind that it's successful, it's just that MS doesn't seem to want to balance their investments with casuals and also invest in first party IPs for core players at the same time. Glad Move failed on PS3 or else we'd just have a bit of a swap. Nintendo seems to be building up Wii U to be an "everybody" kind of system though, will be interesting how they will be able to garner both the casuals and the core gamers at the same time.

#79 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

i have had some fun with it. It has limitations but there is a future for it. Some hate for it is just fanboy hate, or not liking new things that arent awesome from day one.cainetao11

It's a good step to evolve console gaming from traditional controllers but the means to control games on the same level as well as the controller or M&KB are a bit far off still. Maybe next gen, who knows.

#80 Posted by Meeeper282 (1602 posts) -
i like kinect actually, the xbox community is known for being overweight, so this is a great idea to get them off the couch and loosen up a bit. if i may say so.
#81 Posted by lamprey263 (24165 posts) -
I think of it more like a peripheral item like Guitar Hero and Rock Band have their instrument sets, DJ Hero has its turn tables, dance games like Just Dance and Dance Central have Kinect, granted for everything else it pretty much sucks but as long as those dance games keep coming I'm in support of it.
#82 Posted by immortality20 (7957 posts) -

I think it has great potential, don't get me wrong. But motion controls is a very hard thing to do excellent on a consistant basis. And so far there's no great experiences to sway me into purchasing one. If more devs focused on it first, instead of an afterthought we could have something great besides stupid sports and dancing.

#83 Posted by AdobeArtist (22939 posts) -

Kinect Star Wars: 55 on metacritic
Rise of Nightmares: 54 on metacritic

OK, just drop this absurd pretense that anybody here at all is buying into your fakeboy act, or that you're even remotely serious with this and wasting everybody's time with it. Stop presuming there's any credibility to your assertion citing these as examples, which were ripped apart by the entire media.

I've had enough of your disingenuous assertions.