Why do games suck compared to Deus Ex?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58915 Posts

My friends, i'v just finished Deus Ex again after almost 13 years. It's rather astounding just how simplstic and uninspired game design has become.

Why is this? How do we bring other games up to the level of Deus Ex?

withe1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By withe1982
Member since 2005 • 450 Posts

Adam Jensen says Hi.

I've only played the original on PS2 and it had not aged well at all. Can't argue with the gameplay/story though. Top class.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Because you're not a real gamer and you're just stuck in the past?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 uninspiredcup  Online

@withe1982 said:

Adam Jensen says Hi.

I've only played the original on PS2 and it had not aged well at all. Can't argue with the gameplay/story though. Top class.

The ps2 isn't the original, it's a port. Never make this statement again.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

because your Nostalgia goggles are super glued to your face

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#6  Edited By zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

Never played the original, only Human Revolutuon. Didn't like it.

And I see a lot of inspired game design, but maybe the original Deus Ex is just that spectacular that it would ruin gaming for me and I'd never play another game again because everything else was crap compared.

What a horrid way to enjoy my hobby, I'll avoid Deus Ex because of this thread.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

Deus Ex is a masterpiece (That doesn't hold up very well). When certain games come out it takes a long time for something to up end it in the best of list. That's just how things work. That is why Half-life, Halo, SF2, MARIO 64, and Gran Turismo are still help so highly even though most of those have been bettered by other games.

Can you name a masterpiece on the 360 or PS3? I sure as Hell can't. Maybe Bioshock or Uncharted 2.? ....I can't think of anything we will be talking about in 10 or 20 years.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

@handssss said:

Really? In Deus Ex in a single mission you can hack. You can go in guns blazing. You can go under ground. You can go over buildings. Your past mission can result in the current one being easier, you can can pay for information. You can more or less play the entire game without killing.

What do you do in Skyrim or Bioshock: Infinite? Oh, walk in a line and shoot people in the face over and over in a tiny hand guided path. How creative.Such evolution on the past 12 years.

Personally I think (and this is just a theory my friend) consoles are to blame.

withe1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By withe1982

@uninspiredcup said:

@handssss said:

Really? In Deus Ex in a single mission you can hack. You can go in guns blazing. You can go under ground. You can go over buildings. Your past mission can result in the current one being easier, you can can pay for information. You can more or less play the entire game without killing.

What do you do in Skyrim or Bioshock: Infinite? Oh, walk in a line and shoot people in the face over and over in a tiny hand guided path. How creative.Such evolution on the past 12 years.

Personally (and this is just a theory)... consoles are to blame.

So just described Human Revolution then?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 uninspiredcup  Online

@withe1982 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@handssss said:

Human Revolution has it's problems. All that is good comes from the pc deus ex. All that is bad comes from consoles. Health regen. Third person. e.t.c...

withe1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 withe1982

@SNIPER4321 said:

Most games suck compare to Deus Ex. Deus Ex and Half life are 2 legendary franchises that gaming industry is nothing without them.

@withe1982 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@handssss said:

u can do lot of things in original Deus Ex than HR.

I agree the original I played on PS2 (3...2...1) had lots more content. All I was saying is all the points above can be done in HR.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Call of Duty makes every other game look like poop.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#15 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Another uninspiredcup thread with a sprinkle of SNIPER.

Nothing to see here folks. Move along.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#17  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@SNIPER4321 said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

we 2 are only users to waking up other users who blindly follow mainstream media.

And we appreciate your work, informing us about corruption in today's mainstream media.

But this thread has nothing to do with mainstream media, it has to do with Deus Ex.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts
@withe1982 said:

Adam Jensen says Hi.

The story is just an amalgam of conspiracy theories. It's interesting, for sure, but not even close to anything remotely great. Personally, i love Deus Ex for the level design and multitude of ways to progress through any given situation. The cyberpunk atmosphere is brilliant aswell.

The gunplay and graphics were never good to begin with, and the AI is just laughable. But, on PC there are three mods that literally fix every issue that blemished Deus Ex due to age, including the gameplay (much better AI, balance fixes, etc.)

With these issues fixed you could enjoy the open ended level design to its full extent - here's a couple of screenshots of the modded version:

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

My friends, i'v just finished Deus Ex again after almost 13 years. It's rather astounding just how simplstic and uninspired game design has become.

Why is this? How do we bring other games up to the level of Deus Ex?

trying to keep relevant a 13 year old game is just sad.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Krelian-co

@SNIPER4321 said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

we 2 are only users to waking up other users who blindly follow mainstream media.

or you 2 are just incredibly dumb people who are still trying to keep relevant pc gaming by quoting games from more than 10 years ago.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Krelian-co

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts
@Krelian-co said:

trying to keep relevant a 13 year old game is just sad.

That's a very dumb thing to say..

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Krelian-co

@SNIPER4321 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@speedfreak48t5p said:

or you 2 are just incredibly dumb people who are still trying to keep relevant pc gaming by quoting games from more than 10 years ago.

that are still better than anything console have ever done??

@Krelian-co said:

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

If you like Deus Ex than just say so, no need to rag on those of us who like Blacklist, DmC and Arkham Origins.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Krelian-co

@Krelian-co said:

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@Krelian-co said:

What is the obsession with metacritic scores....do you play scores? are you incapable of making up your own mind that you have to have other people make up your mind for you?

There is a reason "LOL Metacritic" is said often, because it has no basis in reaity especially when it can be skewed by fanboys and actual people employed by the publishers as has already been proven.

So like i said Lol Metacritic,you need some new ammo.

Do not get me wrong uncharted 2 is a great game but it hardly does anything new...Deus ex is 10 years older and does more than this game does even considering it's age

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

It's funny 'cause the gunplay, stealth, story, characterization, and voice acting in Deus Ex were all not very good.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Krelian-co

@naz99 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Krelian-co said:

What is the obsession with metacritic scores....do you play scores? are you incapable of making up your own mind that you have to have other people make up your mind for you?

There is a reason "LOL Metacritic" is said often, because it has no basis in reaity especially when it can be skewed by fanboys and actual people employed by the publishers as has already been proven.

making your own mind is called an opinion and its personal so you should keep it to yourself instead of passing it as fact like TC. Thats' the point.

Other than that yeah metacritic is a decent "objective" way of checking the quality of a game, if you know one better, please do tell, other than that is all opinions.

padaporra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By padaporra
Member since 2005 • 3508 Posts

They don't.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By naz99

@Krelian-co said:

@naz99 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Krelian-co said:

making your own mind is called an opinion and its personal so you should keep it to yourself instead of passing it as fact like TC.

Other than that yeah metacritic is a decent "objective" way of checking the quality of a game, if you know one better, please do tell, other than that is all opinions. Also metacritic > your opnion or tc opinion.

Metacritic is a whole site based on opinns yet my own opinion is less valid ???

okay champ

I went with other peoples opinions once and bought a supposed amazing game called Gears Of War.......to me the most boring and contrived experience i have ever had in gaming yet Metacritic told me it was great...

I value my own opinion not anyone elses

I am not the one comparing 2 different games 10 years apart in different genres to each other and then lording a difference of 7 out of 100 as some sort of ownage..

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

More uninspired and SNIPER circle jerking...

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Krelian-co

@naz99 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@naz99 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Krelian-co said:

making your own mind is called an opinion and its personal so you should keep it to yourself instead of passing it as fact like TC.

Other than that yeah metacritic is a decent "objective" way of checking the quality of a game, if you know one better, please do tell, other than that is all opinions. Also metacritic > your opnion or tc opinion.

okay champ

i gues you are too dumb to understand that a collection of opinion its called general opinion and is as close as it gets to an objective opinion of a game, unlike a sole dumb opinion like yours or tc.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 naz99

@Krelian-co said:

@naz99 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@naz99 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Krelian-co said:

okay champ

i gues you are too dumb to understand that a collection of opinion its called general opinion and is as close as it gets to an objective opinion of a game, unlike a sole dumb opinion like yours or tc.

Your too fucking dumb to understand that nobody elses opinions no matter how many matters to a game other than your own but carry on quoting metacritic scores to claim some sort of numpty ownage you fucking muppet.

I listened to general opinion and bought gears of war ...one of my most hated games of all time what a steaming pile of turd that was yet general opinion told me it was good..

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Krelian-co

@naz99 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@naz99 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@naz99 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Krelian-co said:

okay champ

Your too fucking dumb to understand that nobody elses opinions no matter how many matters to a game other than your own but carry on quoting metacritic scores to claim some sort of numpty ownage you fucking muppet.

I listened to general opinion and bought gears of war ...one of my most hated games of all time what a steaming pile of turd that was yet general opinion told me it was good..

you are too dumb to understand why an objective opinion matters in this case. I rest my case, carry on.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 naz99

@Krelian-co said:

@naz99 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@naz99 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@naz99 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Krelian-co said:

okay champ

you are too dumb to understand why an objective opinion matters in this case. I rest my case, carry on.

You are too dumb to understand it does not matter, you have no case,and as i have discovered no opinion of your own..that must be why others matter to you so much.

what ya gonna post next a metacritic link to how the LAST Of us is higher rated than Pong you fucking moron

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Krelian-co

@naz99 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@naz99 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@naz99 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@naz99 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Krelian-co said:

okay champ

You are too dumb to understand it does not matter, you have no case,and as i have discovered no opinion of your own..that must be why others matter to you so much.

what ya gonna post next a metacritic link to how the LAST Of us is higher rated than Pong you fucking moron

so mad, you lost an argument, let it go dude, let it go.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

@withe1982 said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

Most games suck compare to Deus Ex. Deus Ex and Half life are 2 legendary franchises that gaming industry is nothing without them.

@withe1982 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@handssss said:

u can do lot of things in original Deus Ex than HR.

I agree the original I played on PS2 (3...2...1) had lots more content. All I was saying is all the points above can be done in HR.

HR was alot more restrictive, it felt like a corridor shooter.