Why do gamers continue to have faith in Final Fantasy?

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

big_mak523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By big_mak523
Member since 2011 • 210 Posts

Because Square dominated every other generation there has been except for the last one, which in all honesty had a lot of quality dips from everyone across the board. Also, FFXV is being led by Tetsuya Nomura, and I trust him as he hasn't let me down.

Square had a bad generation, but that was only the Final Fantasy series. They also made The World Ends with You (Tetsuya), awesome handheld Kingdom Hearts games, and Bravely Default very recently. Those games give me hope that Final Fantasy can regain its former glory. Also, Final Fantasy XIII-2 is a good game. Most people dismiss it because of the negative feeling towards the first one. XIII-2 fixed everything and is a good game. Lightning Returns is trash though.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@Maddie_Larkin said:

Likely because I can name 2 mediocre FF games, and one bad out of... 15? And it is not faith assomeone else stated, it is indeed hope ^^ I hope they don't **** up, and the last MMO they attempted was quite good (objectively since I dislike MMOs and I found it horrible, I still acknowlage that it was a good game, just not one for me).

15 gives me a faint hope. I know that they can make good RPGs, they have been doing that on the side of the abomination that is 13, so it is not even a case of before or after. Just that 13 is so utteryly bad that alot of people felt that it was the end (states alot that one game can do that (well a game and 2 spinoffs, lets be honest, it is 3 games) So it could stand to reason that the issue with SE lies in the dna of the FF13 games? that they simply are horribly thought up and have horrible gameplay?

But prior to that ofcourse they did have a few mediocre games, so hope indeed :s

Final Fantasy 12 came out 8 years ago. Final Fantasy 13 was a bad game, and rather than realize this and make a better game the next go round, SE decided to double down and then triple down on that failure. I would love for Final Fantasy 15 to be a great game. It's most likely going to be pretty bad, though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@Maddie_Larkin said:

Likely because I can name 2 mediocre FF games, and one bad out of... 15? And it is not faith assomeone else stated, it is indeed hope ^^ I hope they don't **** up, and the last MMO they attempted was quite good (objectively since I dislike MMOs and I found it horrible, I still acknowlage that it was a good game, just not one for me).

15 gives me a faint hope. I know that they can make good RPGs, they have been doing that on the side of the abomination that is 13, so it is not even a case of before or after. Just that 13 is so utteryly bad that alot of people felt that it was the end (states alot that one game can do that (well a game and 2 spinoffs, lets be honest, it is 3 games) So it could stand to reason that the issue with SE lies in the dna of the FF13 games? that they simply are horribly thought up and have horrible gameplay?

But prior to that ofcourse they did have a few mediocre games, so hope indeed :s

Final Fantasy 12 came out 8 years ago. Final Fantasy 13 was a bad game, and rather than realize this and make a better game the next go round, SE decided to double down and then triple down on that failure. I would love for Final Fantasy 15 to be a great game. It's most likely going to be pretty bad, though.

I hope not, my point was that while the 3 FF 13 games came out, SE did make other RPGs that were quite good, so either the team working on the 13 games wer ethe fault, or simply the games DNS, given the really long dev time on 15 (in itself a bad sign) it would for the most part have been developed on the side of the 13 games by different people. There in is my hope, as I said, I do not have faith that it will be good, I hope it will. Becuase in alot of ways I think that this might be the end of the SP FF games if it fails.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

I stopped care after Final fantasy XIII, but somehow i own FF XIII-2 and that was terrible as well, was shocked even the music was bad... at least in the beginning i dont know about rest of the game i quit play after few hrs and never touched it again.

I tried sell the crap at EB Games but they only wanted to give like $1 for it so i kept it instead.

murat8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#55  Edited By murat8
Member since 2006 • 10362 Posts
@naz99 said:

@murat8 said:

I just want Final Fantasy Tactics :'( PLZZZZ I NEED DIS

Xcom is good place holder but its not FFTactics

I sincerly hope you are talking about the new Xcom and not the original...which wipes the floor with FFT

Although Tactics is a great game.

Ya I'm referring to the Enemy Unknown/Within

I didn't play the original.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

Because no more Lightning.