Why did YOU cancel your pre-order?

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

I said I would, BUT still haven't cancelled my Xbox One pre-order. Waiting till the last possible minute to choose, for those of you who have cancelled a pre order either for the X1 or PS4, why did you?

#2 Edited by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

I cancelled my Xbone when I found out it only does 720p.

#3 Posted by MonsieurX (29734 posts) -

itt: cows cancelling their "pre-orders"

#4 Edited by kipsta77 (956 posts) -

I cancelled my PS4 preorder because...

- There are are no exclusive launch games that interest me.

- I want to avoid paying for multiplayer, as well as a premium price for games.

So I'll put the cash towards a 1TB Samsung SSD.

#5 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

lol you never had it pre ordered you're the biggest cow on here, no offense.

#6 Posted by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

I cancelled my Ps4 preorder because of the inferior BF4 version and all the fog and pop in shown in KZ. Just cant live with a next gen system that is so underpowered.

Plus the latest Ryse and DR3 footage looks sick.

Just hope I can get a X1 in time.

#7 Posted by GTSaiyanjin2 (5828 posts) -

i didn't have to cancel anything... I never pre ordered the xbone.

#8 Posted by MonsieurX (29734 posts) -

@kipsta77 said:

I cancelled my PS4 preorder because...

- There are are no exclusive launch games that interest me.

- I want to avoid paying for multiplayer.

So I'll put the cash towards a 1TB Samsung SSD.

That's the spirit!

#9 Posted by aroxx_ab (9312 posts) -

Cancelled my Ps4 pre-order when Nvidia dropped the price on their new 780 cards. Now when Watch Dogs is delayed only game i wanted for Ps4 at launch was Assassins Creed. I got Assassins Creed, Batman Origin and SplinterCell blacklist for free included with the graphic card.

#10 Posted by clr84651 (5392 posts) -

I cancelled every intention of ever preordering a MS product for life. Lol :P

#11 Posted by darkspineslayer (19569 posts) -

Cancelled mine because this generation is still in a comfortable gear, and i've got a huge backlog as it is. Mario and Co can help me hold off until at least February-March when InFamous is out.

#12 Posted by Cheleman (7616 posts) -

Because Xbox720p

#13 Posted by cainetao11 (17010 posts) -

not buying that some cows EVER pre ordered the X1

#14 Posted by Dreams-Visions (26569 posts) -

I haven't cancelled either pre-order yet, but I'm probably going to cancel the One pre-order.

It'll probably have the worst of the multiplats, and the exclusives aren't doing anything for me. I really want KI...but only with an arcade stick. Unfortunately, the only sticks that work with the One are the new $200+ dollar Madcatz sticks. I want to play KI...but not for $700. If my existing sticks worked, I'd be much more likely to keep the pre-order...but without? I don't see any reason.

I'll probably pick up a One in a year or so when more exclusives I want are out and there are pcb mods for existing arcade sticks.

#15 Edited by cainetao11 (17010 posts) -
#16 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

well I never had a pre order, but I had thought about getting a next genner, but considering I'd be dumping a bunch of money into a console with just a few games, I think I'll keep the money.

Or get a Radeon R9 280X or something. Maybe a Core i7 4770? Either of these two products would receive daily use, and are compatible with my entire backlog.

#17 Edited by Consternated (495 posts) -

Nothing worth playing. Multiplatform games better on PC, as per usual.

#18 Edited by xxyetixx (1264 posts) -

There's no way I would pre order either console, gotta wait till at least march/April to get a next gen console so you can see the pros n cons of both, how well or not well their online services are, there will be more video comparison videos showing the differences between them graphically(even though it looks minor now in the vids I've seen). The new systems just have way more tech and features to just make a narrow minded choice because you like this or that company. It's not like SNES/Genisis there is a lot more to systems now a days.

#19 Edited by AdobeArtist (22829 posts) -

itt: cows cancelling their "pre-orders"

Disingenuous trolling FTL.

#20 Edited by Videodogg (12557 posts) -

I cancelled my Xbone pre-order. Nothing i have seen so far has been very impressive. Forza 5 looks like Forza 4. Most of the games are in 720p. Kinect 2.0 looks just as bad as the original Kinect. I am getting a PS4, so i really dont even need a Xbox One anyway. I will remain open minded however. A year from now things might look better for Xbox One.

#21 Posted by cainetao11 (17010 posts) -

@xxyetixx said:

There's no way I would pre order either console, gotta wait till at least march/April to get a next gen console so you can see the pros n cons of both, how well or not well their online services are, there will be more video comparison videos showing the differences between them graphically(even though it looks minor now in the vids I've seen). The new systems just have way more tech and features to just make a narrow minded choice because you like this or that company. It's not like SNES/Genisis there is a lot more to systems now a days.

very good observation. Got the X1 pre, but that is a good plan. Still, I always end up with both.

#22 Edited by s0ldier69 (2079 posts) -

I pre-ordered two of each. I have not cancelled either, although I am more excited about the X1. I think anyone who cancels now is an idiot. If you were smart enough to pre-order then you should keep it if nothing else to sell at a nice profit as there will be a mad rush in a couple weeks. I plan on keeping one of each and selling the other two.

#23 Edited by TheShensolidus (224 posts) -

Never cancelled any. Only needed to pre-order a PS4. The Xbone is being gifted to from MS, so no need to worry about having to buy it.

#24 Edited by xxyetixx (1264 posts) -

@cainetao11: I mean it's a might as well say $500-$600 purchase of you get some games an accessories, I want the system that will best serve me. I can say honestly I'm on the X1 boat as of right now, I love the XBL experience play mostly online, play a lot of multiplats, my kids like Kinect, and I really want KI, DR3, and Titanfall. I'll stay this course unless X1 is getting horrible reviews in the online department when it's released, I can live without KI, DR3, and Titanfall or at least the first one, I have no loyalty. I just know MS made a product with the 360 and XBL that I enjoy and if that continues so does X1

#25 Edited by aroxx_ab (9312 posts) -

@s0ldier69 said:

I pre-ordered two of each. I have not cancelled either, although I am more excited about the X1. I think anyone who cancels now is an idiot. If you were smart enough to pre-order then you should keep it if nothing else to sell at a nice profit as there will be a mad rush in a couple weeks. I plan on keeping one of each and selling the other two.

I would feel like a jerk/idiot to try rip off people selling things like that way.,.i feel much better to know some1 else can get a Ps4 day1 now without pay more than retail price...

#26 Edited by Heil68 (43605 posts) -

I'm waiting to get the Xbone till I know for sure MS is committed to exclusives that appeal to me.

#27 Posted by Chutebox (36762 posts) -

Won't cancel PS4 and if I preordered X1 I wouldn't cancel that either.

#28 Edited by Whiteblade999 (5537 posts) -

I never had a preorder.

#29 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

I pre-ordered both and plan on picking them both up. Probably won't even ebay them.

#30 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

Never cancelled any. Only needed to pre-order a PS4. The Xbone is being gifted to from MS, so no need to worry about having to buy it.

did you change your name?

#31 Posted by Zero_epyon (5090 posts) -

I preorder the xbox one today, only to walk in 5 minutes later to cancel it.

#32 Posted by cainetao11 (17010 posts) -

@xxyetixx: I hear ya. Since my second PS2 DRE'd and a buddy suggested an Xbox I have enjoyed their consoles, and Halo/Fable series. Live has given priceless amounts of fun with buddies. I also see another posters point of, if you're apart of the windows 8 ecosystem, might as well include this. I will get a PS4 though. I always get a PS, just love games and they do make some great ones.

#33 Posted by blackace (20382 posts) -

LMAO!! @Cows cancelling XB1 pre-orders they never had. I'm not cancelling any of my pre-orders. True gamer for life.

#34 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

I cancelled my Ps4 preorder because of the inferior BF4 version and all the fog and pop in shown in KZ. Just cant live with a next gen system that is so underpowered.

Plus the latest Ryse and DR3 footage looks sick.

Just hope I can get a X1 in time.

lol you actually believed Digital Foundry and the BF4 comparison. Isn't that cute.

#35 Edited by MonsieurX (29734 posts) -
#36 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

I only want the PS4 and didn't bother preordering because it doesn't offer me enough to bother buying it at this point. I will take another look at it and what it offers around Christmas of 2014 and decide then if I want one or will just stay with PC only for next gen. I have faith I will want it come Christmas 2014 though. I really want Infamous, but one game isn't even close to being enough to warrant a purchase of a console.

#37 Edited by TheShensolidus (224 posts) -

@kingoflife9: My old account came from a time when Gamespot didn't require email addresses for account creation. Because of that, I lost the old account when the site updated. Created a dummy email in order to make this one. So yeah, still the same Shensolidus, just with an ugly 'the' in-front of it.

#38 Edited by -RPGamer- (34283 posts) -

Canceled my day one X1 after realizing I didn't have any games to order on it after ordering my PS4, and handful of games on that system.

Decided early on PS4 would be my multiplatform system this generation, but I'll be back on with X1 when they show Halo 5.

#39 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -
#40 Posted by david61983 (155 posts) -

Cancelled my Xbone preorder after reading all the negative reaction and realizing that I'd never be able to flip it for a profit.

#41 Posted by MajesticShea (695 posts) -

Cancelled my XBONE because it's a piece of shit

#42 Posted by JTH_22 (1433 posts) -

Cancelled my PS4 pre-order because I just decided to wait until the game library grows a little more and to wait and see if they have any bugs to iron out. I'm still getting one, maybe 6 mos. down the road or so.

#43 Posted by -Damien- (5304 posts) -

this

#44 Posted by foxhound_fox (87839 posts) -

Would like to see some preorder receipts.

#45 Edited by navyguy21 (12757 posts) -

I cancelled my PS4 preorder because Watch Dogs was moved to spring, so there is no need to fight for one at launch. Ill get one after the holiday.

#46 Posted by casharmy (6822 posts) -

PS4 is the first console I have ever pre-ordered. I am not foolish enough to pre-order something that I would not have enough information on that I would end up needing to cancel it unless it was just a money issue.

The notorious RROD and non-existent exclusive support from MS for xbox360 the last 4 years is enough reason for anyone with half a brain to not pre-order the x1. The way MS is coming into this gen looks no different than last gen except they have to deal with sony launching along side their new console and not a year after.

#49 Edited by navyguy21 (12757 posts) -

@casharmy said:

PS4 is the first console I have ever pre-ordered. I am not foolish enough to pre-order something that I would not have enough information on that I would end up needing to cancel it unless it was just a money issue.

The notorious RROD and non-existent exclusive support from MS for xbox360 the last 4 years is enough reason for anyone with half a brain to not pre-order the x1. The way MS is coming into this gen looks no different than last gen except they have to deal with sony launching along side their new console and not a year after.

I agree with you said about the non exclusive support, but MS coming into this gen is NOTHING like going into last. If that were true, MS would be in better shape as they XB360 outclassed the PS3 in everything up until about 2009. The lead up to this gen has been nothing but a trainwreck for XB1. Lets hope they can have the ad campaign to at least be competitive. We all win when MS and Sony challenge each other.

#50 Edited by caseypayne69 (5388 posts) -

T-Mobile downsized in TN/KY region so they laid off 300 people including my wife so I cancelled my PS4.

Also I found that I own 31 games I haven't beaten. I'll be busy.