Why did reviewers think PS3 version of burnout paradise was sharper?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Marcbarr1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Marcbarr1
Member since 2006 • 426 Posts

I have nearly completed burnout paradise on both PS3 and 360 and the 360 version is definately better graphically and in performance.

The PS3 framerate drops when a big race starts at times and the 360 version does not.

The 360 has more stable reflections on the cars were the PS3 reflections are not.

The PS3 graphics and colour are not as vibrant and the 360 shaders are far better with the textures on buildings being sharper.

I know the PS3 version caches all data to harddrive once used so that areas revisited stream data easier but the new patch improves 360 disc streaming but I did not have any problems.

I would love to know how reviewers saw this!

I play both versions HDMI with same settings at 720p.

7thSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 7thSIN
Member since 2002 • 1386 Posts

I finished Paradise 100% on singleplayer for the X360, Doing it twice seems crazy.

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts

I have nearly completed burnout paradise on both PS3 and 360 and the 360 version is definately better graphically and in performance.

The PS3 framerate drops when a big race starts at times and the 360 version does not.

The 360 has more stable reflections on the cars were the PS3 reflections are not.

The PS3 graphics and colour are not as vibrant and the 360 shaders are far better with the textures on buildings being sharper.

I know the PS3 version caches all data to harddrive once used so that areas revisited stream data easier but the new patch improves 360 disc streaming but I did not have any problems.

Marcbarr1

I'm not sure, I'll rent both version to check for myself as well. Right now I guess I will have to take your word for it since you have no credibility otherwise.

angrymouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 angrymouse
Member since 2007 • 277 Posts

Just give up... seriously let it go.

alot of well known reviewers said ps3 looked better... just let it go...

its just their opinions

Avatar image for TheForgotten0ne
TheForgotten0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TheForgotten0ne
Member since 2007 • 3759 Posts

Marcbarr1

I have to say, you probably own a X360, I doubt you own a PS3...Shame on you!

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

Well I also checked both games on same HD TV and I am sorry to tell you that the PS3 version does has the edge and looks sharper... Also the game on PS3 runs smooth too so either you dont have a PS3 or else you are biased...

Also important to not that the difference on both versions is minor so practically they look identical... However everyone has the right to express his personal opinion so though you are wrong maybe you think the Xbox360 version is better, but in all honesty its not...

dj_shosh910

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dj_shosh910
Member since 2004 • 258 Posts

My burnout on Ps3 has never had any framrate problems....must be only your version.

donwoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 donwoogie
Member since 2004 • 3707 Posts
Take off your fanboy goggles and let it go! If the game was playable and you had fun on it, why do you need to go and ruin it all by comparing details which are completely inconsequential!!!
prodiqy32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 prodiqy32
Member since 2007 • 1624 Posts
ive seen and played both versions for a good amount of time. but it was on 2 different HDTV's. i saw no difference. ofcourse i didnt see them side by side. the point being i think they are probably close enough that it doesnt matter. however. my friend (who owns the 360 version) thinks the PS3 version plays better and looks better because of the color and black levels. go figure.
aceReborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 aceReborn
Member since 2004 • 340 Posts
I could not spot any differences between the two version. If people find them different it might be due to tv setting issues.
Khansoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Khansoul
Member since 2004 • 4639 Posts

Marcbarr1

Ask a reviewer.

GnR-SLaSh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GnR-SLaSh
Member since 2006 • 3021 Posts

its just their opinions

angrymouse

In all fairness he has a point...

I have only played the 360 version, I bought it off a mate for $20 who got 2 copies for his birthday, so only have that version... What has been said is that the PS3 version looks sharper but only minimally, I mean come on if you're not playing them side by side through a microscope you're really not going to notice that much difference. Besides the fact that near all other multiplats look better on the 360 anyway... Minus COD4 - *flame sheilds up*

mingo123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mingo123
Member since 2007 • 9005 Posts
[QUOTE="angrymouse"]

its just their opinions

GnR-SLaSh

I have only played the 360 version, I bought it off a mate for $20 who got 2 copies for his birthday, so only have that version... What has been said is that the PS3 version looks sharper but only minimally, I mean come on if you're not playing them side by side through a microscope you're really not going to notice that much difference. Besides the fact that near all other multiplats look better on the 360 anyway... Minus COD4 - *flame sheilds up*

but come on if you're not playing them side by side through a microscope you're really not going to notice that much difference between 360 and ps3 multiplats
Edit: also ps3 version looks better because we all know Burnout devs are HUGE sony fanboys, they said ps2 is mroe powerful then xbox (when they were developing black), then as soon as burnout paradise was announced they said straightway ps3 version will be better coz of physics (but in the end physics were same on both systems) so as you can see Burnout devs are big cows so it shouldnt matter if they have ps3 version looking better then 360 version.....also online on ps3 is better as well....i mean puhleazeeeeee PSN is no way as good as XBL but burnout managed to downgrade 360's online so PSN can be better

Arjdagr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Arjdagr8
Member since 2003 • 3865 Posts
[QUOTE="GnR-SLaSh"][QUOTE="angrymouse"]

its just their opinions

mingo123

but come on if you're not playing them side by side through a microscope you're really not going to notice that much difference between 360 and ps3 multiplats
Edit: also ps3 version looks better because we all know Burnout devs are HUGE sony fanboys, they said ps2 is mroe powerful then xbox (when they were developing black), then as soon as burnout paradise was announced they said straightway ps3 version will be better coz of physics (but in the end physics were same on both systems) so as you can see Burnout devs are big cows so it shouldnt matter if they have ps3 version looking better then 360 version.....also online on ps3 is better as well....i mean puhleazeeeeee PSN is no way as good as XBL but burnout managed to downgrade 360's online so PSN can be better

the bolded part is what appears in the dictionary as an example when you look up "lemming". i cant believe i just used that word.