why cows hype killzone????

This topic is locked from further discussion.

OldParr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 OldParr
Member since 2006 • 2996 Posts
because of a cgi trailer.seriously why?
DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts
Because cows want it to be everything that the original Killzone was supposed to be. The Playstation's flagship shooter. An answer to Halo.
Mordred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Mordred19
Member since 2007 • 8259 Posts

they aren't anymore, if you've been keeping track of peoples' interests. no one cares about killzone now.

KeV-Unreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 KeV-Unreal
Member since 2006 • 3245 Posts
Cows claim Kill Zone is a "Halo Killer". that why.
advertise_this

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 advertise_this
Member since 2006 • 1208 Posts
Cows claim Kill Zone is a "Halo Killer". that why.KeV-Unreal
show me a cow calling killzone two a halo killer ...
keepereio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 keepereio
Member since 2003 • 391 Posts
Have you seen the trailer??? its hard not to get excited after seeing esp considering if its even close to that graphically it will be amazing. I do agree the first one was a huge letdown and they better improve the gameplay, but still, look at the graphics.
xboxps2cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xboxps2cube
Member since 2005 • 1362 Posts
Killzone had too many promises, but the game wasn't half bad, it didnt look that bad, I think it came out for the wrong system because we all know ps2 was not a fps shooter system. All im saying is that KZ2 better be good.
cheatymcshifty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cheatymcshifty
Member since 2004 • 718 Posts
Because KZ wasent a bad game, and guerilla has shown themselves to be a great developer, whlie KZ could have been better, it had all the makings of a great, great shooter, the only thing it lacked was a bit of polish, and I, as well as many other people were ok with that, seeing as it had great mechanics and basis, and was just a blast to play.
Xbox_PWNS_YOU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Xbox_PWNS_YOU
Member since 2004 • 939 Posts
Cause they've got so little good games to mention they have to hype C+ games to AAA status to make it seem like their console can compete with the big boys.
Avatar image for KrazyKenKutarag
KrazyKenKutarag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KrazyKenKutarag
Member since 2007 • 1905 Posts
Killzone flopped, if cows hype this one they will be very dissapointed
bman784

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bman784
Member since 2004 • 6755 Posts
Because KZ wasent a bad game, and guerilla has shown themselves to be a great developer, whlie KZ could have been better, it had all the makings of a great, great shooter, the only thing it lacked was a bit of polish, and I, as well as many other people were ok with that, seeing as it had great mechanics and basis, and was just a blast to play.cheatymcshifty
A great developer doesn't make this game: ShellShock: Nam '67 (PS2) . Guerilla may show bits of promise, but they still have everything to prove.
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#12 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
Killzone was a lame duck. Atrociously slow pacing, broken collision detection and a rather harsh ramp-up in difficulty that happens in the final mission.
cheatymcshifty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 cheatymcshifty
Member since 2004 • 718 Posts
The single player wasent all it should of been, the multiplayer never got old, me and a friend sitll play it every once in awile. I was saying they've shown they can make a great game, KZ just lacked polish, with a massive budget and the sony's support, they, hopefully be able to polish it up, balance it out, and make it the game they want it to be. They've shown more than bits of promise, they've made fun games, weather critically loved or not.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
[QUOTE="KeV-Unreal"]Cows claim Kill Zone is a "Halo Killer". that why.advertise_this

Mr. Pops hypes Killzone as the best FPS ever.
Bisset

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Bisset
Member since 2006 • 261 Posts
Dude you think that's bad, i've heard sheep (of which i am unashamedly one) hyping Sadness lol, there's a ten second trailer in which nothing happens and one screen showing a guy's shadow :P
cabjnico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 cabjnico
Member since 2003 • 748 Posts
because of a cgi trailer.seriously why?OldParr
the one and only reason-- sony played a trick on their minds... and it worked. All they needed is to claim a cgi trailer was real-time. because i haven't heard great things about killzone 1
jellomeister24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jellomeister24
Member since 2003 • 1321 Posts
because cows think Guerilla Games is a better dev than their history shows... which is disappointing considering they put all their hopes in a dev that wont be able to do well... like being a fan of the last place team in a pro league... thats what they are... try so hard, but in the end wont have the product to support the masses...
theboxmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 theboxmike
Member since 2005 • 2615 Posts

Well Killzone was supposed to own Halo 1,2......but the game sucked

When the cows watched the cgi trailer they went beserk and wanted more....

tonemd_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tonemd_basic
Member since 2003 • 1944 Posts

Where's the hype?

All I see is lemmimgs doing what lemmings do best: Following each other into a dead thread.

JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JDW_games
Member since 2006 • 1892 Posts
I thought Killzone was a great game. Underrated in my opinion.
Avatar image for deactivated-61ff675e61178
deactivated-61ff675e61178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-61ff675e61178
Member since 2004 • 12558 Posts

Why do people keep saying the game will suck because Geurilla can't make good games?

Sony has added 80 devs to the original 40-man geurilla team. That means 2/3rds of the dev team are not the "crappy devs" y'all keep talking about. Also, Geurilla was full of rookies, who got better over time. Killzone was better than Shellshock, and KZ: Liberation was way better than Killzone. Hell, the only reason KZ:L scored in the 8s was because it didn't have Co-op via wi-fi. Had it had that, it would've been in the 9s.

kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts

they aren't anymore, if you've been keeping track of peoples' interests. no one cares about killzone now.

Mordred19

Not true at all dude, I have seen many many posts with people or rather Sony Fanboys using Killzone 2 as part of their list of games that will be sure fire System Sellers or as a part of a list of better and bigger exclusives that will kill yada yada yada...

Don't know what you're talking about cause everyday I basically see atleast a couple of thost kinds of posts at minimum.

Mind you I am a Killzone fan but I am not gonna hype a game and say it will be a system seller and a big game based on nothing and with a history of failure behind it. I hate all Fanboys but the Sony fanboys saying that kinda crap make most fanboys look like neutral gamers lol Cause that kind of logic is crazy
Illumination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Illumination
Member since 2005 • 2109 Posts
Because KZ wasent a bad game, and guerilla has shown themselves to be a great developer, whlie KZ could have been better, it had all the makings of a great, great shooter, the only thing it lacked was a bit of polish, and I, as well as many other people were ok with that, seeing as it had great mechanics and basis, and was just a blast to play.cheatymcshifty

Gurilla have thus far proven themselves to be an utterly incompetant developer. If they were on xbox you weouldn't be defending them.
Marduke382

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Marduke382
Member since 2005 • 1328 Posts
[QUOTE="cheatymcshifty"]The single player wasent all it should of been, the multiplayer never got old, me and a friend sitll play it every once in awile. I was saying they've shown they can make a great game, KZ just lacked polish, with a massive budget and the sony's support, they, hopefully be able to polish it up, balance it out, and make it the game they want it to be. They've shown more than bits of promise, they've made fun games, weather critically loved or not.

I agree, I still play Killzone Mp also. With so many people working on this game and the budget it better deliver. :P
Sensui1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 Sensui1986
Member since 2005 • 390 Posts
They will hype up every good shooter, hoping it will be the "Halo Killer". But I even think that whenever there will be a shooter more popular then Halo, it will still be on Xbox.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Killzone looks good and i'm not even a cow anymore.......
asdasd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 asdasd
Member since 2005 • 4464 Posts
because of a cgi trailer.seriously why?OldParr

They hype is because of the same reason that lemmings hype Fable 2. They want it to be everything the original game was promised to be.
asdasd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 asdasd
Member since 2005 • 4464 Posts
[QUOTE="cheatymcshifty"]Because KZ wasent a bad game, and guerilla has shown themselves to be a great developer, whlie KZ could have been better, it had all the makings of a great, great shooter, the only thing it lacked was a bit of polish, and I, as well as many other people were ok with that, seeing as it had great mechanics and basis, and was just a blast to play.Illumination77

Gurilla have thus far proven themselves to be an utterly incompetant developer. If they were on xbox you weouldn't be defending them.

Sony bought guerrilla after Killzone 1. Then they came with Killzone Liberation that got an 8.3. I wouldnt be surprised if Killzone 2 is actually good.. Sony makes some kickass games.
caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#30 caseypayne69
Member since 2002 • 5395 Posts
From what I understand Killzone is the highest budgeted game being made as of to date. Up wards past 20,000,000 already.
Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
[QUOTE="KeV-Unreal"]Cows claim Kill Zone is a "Halo Killer". that why.advertise_this

Your right.....R:FOM is "TEH HALO KILLA!!!11":lol:
Timesplitter14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Timesplitter14
Member since 2006 • 5934 Posts

NO

xBALOx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 xBALOx
Member since 2005 • 1194 Posts

[QUOTE="KeV-Unreal"]Cows claim Kill Zone is a "Halo Killer". that why.Timesplitter14

NO

as long as its not halo i'll be happy with it, xbox-nerds made me hate that game....well i always hated ms abusive policy anyway.
kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 kcpp2b
From what I understand Killzone is the highest budgeted game being made as of to date. Up wards past 20,000,000 already.caseypayne69

I believe SPORE is actually at I heard $30 Million or so
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
trailer. nothing else
kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kcpp2b
Killzone looks good and i'm not even a cow anymore.......X360PS3AMD05

What looks good, we don't know what Killzone 2 even looks like lol Not one shot of gameplay.
I'm sure it will look good but pretending that trailer was graphics is gonna make whatever the graphics that come out for K2 feel downgraded
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
Thank God no one is hyping anything the Halo Killer anymore. I am so sick of that.
Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Magical_Zebra
Member since 2003 • 7960 Posts
Have you seen the trailer??? its hard not to get excited after seeing esp considering if its even close to that graphically it will be amazing. I do agree the first one was a huge letdown and they better improve the gameplay, but still, look at the graphics. keepereio
Wow, another CGI cutscene for another Sony game. Why am I not surprised?
caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#39 caseypayne69
Member since 2002 • 5395 Posts
Speaking of Halo killers.  Resistance Fall of Man kills Halo 2.  It has the exact same online setup of finding ranked games but at least awards medals to your rank on top of stats.  And well 40 people is nicer then Halo 2's limit.  Yes, Resistance is a Halo 2 killer.  And yes I own Halo 2.