Why complain about RRoD?

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamerking178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 gamerking178
Member since 2005 • 669 Posts

3 year warrenty. Can fix yourself in 10minutes. First batch was 33%, now its something A LOT lower. I mean alot since the Falcon and Jasper.

33% for 1/2 a year. And you act like RRoD is common. C'mon now. Thats like saying faulty HD4850's are common since they overheat a bit. It's just stupid.

P.S. PS2 DRE, do I see 10,000 threads about that on this '10 year console' that lasted 1/3 my friends, 2-3 years. GF man. 2/3 also had RRoD (Mine was 1st batch, others was 3rd, and my friends that hasn't is latest).

We fixed our consoles in 10-30 minutes depending on how fail he solders LAWL.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#2 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Hardware issues shouldn't exist in consoles, ever, I don't care who makes it. Thank goodness MS has taken charge of RROD though, now only if we could get E74 coverage.
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts

RRoD is simply unacceptable, no matter how much they've lowered it, some quality control and proper testing *BEFORE* release would have prevented this major hardware flaw that eats about 1/3 of all machines produced.

Seriously, if this was anything but a video game machine, people wouldn't buy the product.

Avatar image for tylergamereview
tylergamereview

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 tylergamereview
Member since 2006 • 2051 Posts
Well ya see, Rrod was not an easy fix it yourself problem for just about everyone. 33% is a catastrophic failure rate and had it been discovered much earlier to the 360's release and was a bit higher, it could have prompted a complete recall of the 360. And the fact that at some point, your console would just STOP working entirely when technonolgy we have been using for years longer before the 360 still function properly is something of an embarrasment. The manual that comes with the 360 says that it is the most advanced piece of entertainment technology ever created. Well that fact that at some point, it would just crap its pants and die is a big deal.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Bad busines on Sony or MS, or even Nintendo is bad business my friend.

ANyways, "E74 is the new Hotness"...

It's gaining popularity, and it only is covered for a year.

o0_L0st_B0y_0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 o0_L0st_B0y_0o
Member since 2006 • 1307 Posts

Why complain?

Because its an inconvenience and you would expect a machine that you spent alot of £££ on and made by the biggest company to not go faulty,(granted its free.. but they did have to make up for it for releasing a faulty console). i cant believe people are trying to defend this?? Surely if your console breaks you got a right to complain? Regardless of how easy it is to fix.

Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
My SNES works after all these years. My 360 won't work after five more years.
doobie1975

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 doobie1975
Member since 2003 • 2806 Posts

because complaining is what SW's does best.

doobie1975

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 doobie1975
Member since 2003 • 2806 Posts

My SNES works after all these years. My 360 won't work after five more years.II-FBIsniper-II
the SNES has no moving parts. anything with moving part WILL go wrong one day

Avatar image for bigmacattackjac
bigmacattackjac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bigmacattackjac
Member since 2009 • 97 Posts
ps3's break also, i guess 360s just break more often.
Nomad0404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 Nomad0404
Member since 2004 • 1111 Posts

I deny the existance of RRoD!

joelgargan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 joelgargan
Member since 2008 • 1009 Posts

Why complain about it?

WHY COMPLAIN ABOUT IT?

Do you have a learning disability?

No but seriously, I'd complain because it would waste my time, my money, my trust in M$ which i have very little left, and more importantly M$ are evil about it. For example, claiming it was the disc owners fault.

AppleBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AppleBlade
Member since 2008 • 615 Posts

[QUOTE="II-FBIsniper-II"]My SNES works after all these years. My 360 won't work after five more years.doobie1975

the SNES has no moving parts. anything with moving part WILL go wrong one day

That is a good point, look on Ebay and you'll see tons of N64's for sale at real cheap prices, PS1 and Saturn however are more rare and more expensive and like you point out more likely to breakdown one day. Honestly, I miss cartridges and I wish we went back to them. I mean heck, a 4 GB SD card is like 8 dollars on Newegg. You can almost fit the entire Oblivion game on that!
Ross_the_B0SS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Ross_the_B0SS
Member since 2008 • 1210 Posts

There's plenty of reason to complain. Coming on System Wars to complain is pretty silly though, we're not a support group for RROD victims.

Slambo86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Slambo86
Member since 2009 • 912 Posts
this a joke? btw, the DRE was nothing compared to the RROD, RROD is a much more serious hardware fault, worst in console history i believe. We don't want MS masking the issue with warranty's and upgrades, we want a permanent fix. People have to complain, if they didn't MS would be riding this blindly. Like they have been for the past 3 years. No offense, but its people like you that make MS not give a rats behind about fixing it.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SolidTy

this a joke? btw, the DRE was nothing compared to the RROD, RROD is a much more serious hardware fault, worst in console history i believe. We don't want MS masking the issue with warranty's and upgrades, we want a permanent fix. People have to complain, if they didn't MS would be riding this blindly. Like they have been for the past 3 years. No offense, but its people like you that make MS not give a rats behind about fixing it.Slambo86

I have to agree, if COMPANIES see that we love broken hardware, we are asking for some MAJOR problems next gen, so I say everyone complain that needs to, so the Xbox 3/720/X5 will be better made.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
The problem with the 3 year warranty is that it only lasts 3 years. And only RROD is covered, not DRE or E74.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SolidTy

The problem with the 3 year warranty is that it only lasts 3 years. And only RROD is covered, not DRE or E74.Floppy_Jim

What?!

I called M$ when I got E74, and I proceeded to tell them my Xbox 360 gaming console was 2 1/2 years old...

..The M$ reps on the line told me I was, *ahem*

"KILLZOWNED!!!" and promptly hung up on me.

I guess you're right.

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
Sorry to tell you but RROD is still common and will be most likely through this gen.
McdonaIdsGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 McdonaIdsGuy
Member since 2008 • 3046 Posts
Those hating on the RROD are fanboys that don't have even plans to buy the console..
Slambo86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Slambo86

[QUOTE="Slambo86"]this a joke? btw, the DRE was nothing compared to the RROD, RROD is a much more serious hardware fault, worst in console history i believe. We don't want MS masking the issue with warranty's and upgrades, we want a permanent fix. People have to complain, if they didn't MS would be riding this blindly. Like they have been for the past 3 years. No offense, but its people like you that make MS not give a rats behind about fixing it.SolidTy

I have to agree, if COMPANIES see that we love broken hardware, we are asking for some MAJOR problems next gen, so I say everyone complain that needs to, so the Xbox 3/720/X5 will be better made.

Pretty much what happened to Sony with DRE, now look at the PS3, Very reliable. I can't believe some people think the Warranty's are good enough, sure it helps but after this long, we need the issue FIXED, not stalled and masked. How many new chips need to be out before it erases the problem? Geeeezus
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SolidTy

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="Slambo86"]this a joke? btw, the DRE was nothing compared to the RROD, RROD is a much more serious hardware fault, worst in console history i believe. We don't want MS masking the issue with warranty's and upgrades, we want a permanent fix. People have to complain, if they didn't MS would be riding this blindly. Like they have been for the past 3 years. No offense, but its people like you that make MS not give a rats behind about fixing it.Slambo86

Pretty much what happened to Sony with DRE, now look at the PS3, Very reliable. I can't believe some people think the Warranty's are good enough, sure it helps but after this long, we need the issue FIXED, not stalled and masked. How many new chips need to be out before it erases the problem? Geeeezus

I can't believe the TC is suggesting consumers around the world BUST OUT A Godda#$ Soldering Iron to fix the 360!

Next Gen he will be suggesting we buy our own factories!

o0_L0st_B0y_0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 o0_L0st_B0y_0o

[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]The problem with the 3 year warranty is that it only lasts 3 years. And only RROD is covered, not DRE or E74.SolidTy

What?!

I called M$ when I got E74, and I proceeded to tell them my Xbox 360 gaming console was 2 1/2 years old...

I guess you're right.

i would laugh so hard if that actually happened lol a distraught customer complaining about his broken console and the only reply was "KILLZOWNED!!" lol
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SolidTy

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]The problem with the 3 year warranty is that it only lasts 3 years. And only RROD is covered, not DRE or E74.o0_L0st_B0y_0o

What?!

I guess you're right.

i would laugh so hard if that actually happened lol a distraught customer complaining about his broken console and the only reply was "KILLZOWNED!!" lol

Yeah, that didn't happen for real, as you know, I was just making a joke. :)It would make a funny YouTube thing, or something, at least for SW indulgence.

I know that you know that I was joking, but fanboy's here get SERIOUS! So fanboy's back off, I was joking...

Here's the truth :

What happened was I accidently put my copy of KZ2 in the 360, and I got E74. :shock:

o0_L0st_B0y_0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 o0_L0st_B0y_0o

[QUOTE="o0_L0st_B0y_0o"][QUOTE="SolidTy"]

What?!

I guess you're right.

SolidTy

Yeah, that didn't happen for real, as you know, I was just making a joke. :)It would make a funny YouTube thing, or something, at least for SW indulgence.

I know that you know that I was joking, but fanboy's here get SERIOUS! So fanboy's back off, I was joking...

Here's the truth :

What happened was I accidently put my copy of KZ2 in the 360, and I got E74. :shock:

i have noticed an increased need for disclaimers recently...its getting really annoying cos it seemed to have brought with it a raise on; Pettyness, New accounts and just all out annoying threads :(

Slambo86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Slambo86

[QUOTE="Slambo86"][QUOTE="SolidTy"]

SolidTy

I can't believe the TC is suggesting consumers around the world BUST OUT A Godda#$ Soldering Iron to fix the 360!

LOL, tell me about it.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SolidTy

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="Slambo86"] Pretty much what happened to Sony with DRE, now look at the PS3, Very reliable. I can't believe some people think the Warranty's are good enough, sure it helps but after this long, we need the issue FIXED, not stalled and masked. How many new chips need to be out before it erases the problem? GeeeezusSlambo86

LOL, tell me about it.

Lol, yeah. I hope next gen will be dubbed by gaming historians as the reliable generation. Just a silly dream, I suppose. :)

You know that RE5 thread I was joking right? Just making sure, sometimes my humor is misunderstood :( ... :)

inertk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 inertk
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts
I'll just complain about the ****ty disc drive then. That's what I like about my 360, it has *variety*. I'll complain about faulty hardware as much as I feel like.
gdp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 gdp72
Member since 2007 • 1270 Posts

I deny the existance of RRoD!

Nomad0404

Well by looking at your gamescore it seems you don't put much pressure on your 360 so you may be safe but it exists still.

sikanderahmed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 sikanderahmed
Member since 2007 • 5444 Posts

RROD isnt as bad as people say. i have had 2 360 dies on me, one had disc problem and other one got 1 red light, the first 1 was replaced with a brand new 1 in just a week, the other one was fixed and it took only 6 days to get it back so thats not even a full week.

johnlennon28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 johnlennon28
Member since 2008 • 2158 Posts
I hope theres not too many people who have this kind of mindset,
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Why complain about it? Because it sucks.

Now if you would have asked why people lie about it, now that would have been a better question.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

RROD isnt as bad as people say. i have had 2 360 dies on me, one had disc problem and other one got 1 red light, the first 1 was replaced with a brand new 1 in just a week, the other one was fixed and it took only 6 days to get it back so thats not even a full week.

sikanderahmed

That sounds pretty bad to me.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#34 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Only 33%? Thats a lie. For the first few generations of 360s the fail rate is quickly approaching 100%. Yeah I will get flamed for it, but I don't know a person who hasn't had to at some time send their 360 in for repairs. Some of my friends have it even worse than others.

This board and many others are just plagued with RRoD threads. It seems that every 360 at sometime in its life will break prematurely. I am just waiting for my 360 to break. I tell everybody who's buying a 360 to always remember that they will break at sometime during their lives.

Its a crappy built console rushed to get on the market. I did have a PS2 break on me, and it was the same thing their. Sony learned from their mistakes, now it is time for Microsoft to learn.

Slambo86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Slambo86

[QUOTE="Slambo86"][QUOTE="SolidTy"]

SolidTy

LOL, tell me about it.

Lol, yeah. I hope next gen will be dubbed by gaming historians as the reliable generation. Just a silly dream, I suppose. :)

You know that RE5 thread I was joking right? Just making sure, sometimes my humor is misunderstood :( ... :)

Really? I was gonna be serious and say, "flexing and hitting the gym...;) "...but wouldn't let me post. :( we still on for later?
savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 savagetwinkie
Member since 2008 • 7981 Posts
[QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"]

RRoD is simply unacceptable, no matter how much they've lowered it, some quality control and proper testing *BEFORE* release would have prevented this major hardware flaw that eats about 1/3 of all machines produced.

Seriously, if this was anything but a video game machine, people wouldn't buy the product.

It doesn't work that simply though, if they change the metal to be more heat resistant from the expansion then the specs change. You can't change fixed hardware right before launch especially since alot of 3rd party support already made games for it.
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
there shouldn't be anything wrong with a console. red rings were more common then DRE. i sent in my ps2 once, while i have had to send in my 360 twice. one was for the red rings the other one was for E74. the first time i got it was only for 4 months of buying it. the ps2 was a couple of years. 4 months of buying it, that is not very good imo. the other time was a year literally. my warranty expired a day before i got E74.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SolidTy

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

Slambo86

Really? I was gonna be serious and say, "flexing and hitting the gym...;) "...but wouldn't let me post. :( we still on for later?

Hanz and Franz action right there! Sorry to hear about your posting powers dimishing though.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61477 Posts

Those hating on the RROD are fanboys that don't have even plans to buy the console..McdonaIdsGuy

I hate the RRoD and I have owned the console from close to launch, in 2 seperate forms, being the launch and elite models. It's a major inconvenience, a problem which consistently flies in the face of "piece of mind" and it's still not fixed. What's the new failure rate on the falcon's? I'm thinking we'll have to wait to see how Jasper does.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61477 Posts

[QUOTE="sikanderahmed"]

heretrix

That sounds pretty bad to me.

lol it's the fact that 2 consoles you owned died in the first place. It's a real shame, but my PS3 is still going from launch, and my gaming PC hasn't had a single problem yet. Just my 360... it's a shame

lolfaqs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lolfaqs
Member since 2009 • 1776 Posts

And what happens after 3 years go by? Do you plan on tossing your 360 in the garbage after 3 years?

gdp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 gdp72
Member since 2007 • 1270 Posts

And what happens after 3 years go by? Do you plan on tossing your 360 in the garbage after 3 years?

lolfaqs

No. You just have to stick some money into that turd or pray!

njean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 njean777
Member since 2007 • 3807 Posts

lolfaqs

happened to mine now i have to buy a new one thank god they dropped the price on arcade units.

WllDan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44 WllDan7
Member since 2004 • 2581 Posts

Because they should have tested more before letting it out in to the market. They may offer a fix but the fix care years later. And in some cases the fix does not work.

lusitanogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 lusitanogamer
Member since 2006 • 9338 Posts
Why complain about RRoD? Because if no one complained MS would never give a 3 year warranty or try to fix it.:?
Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

Those hating on the RROD are fanboys that don't have even plans to buy the console..McdonaIdsGuy
? :lol:

radoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 radoman
Member since 2008 • 297 Posts

I have owned 6 360s over the past few years, none of which had any faults. Out of about 15 friends with 360s 2 got rrod. I know 3 people with ps3s, 2 of them bricked and needed returning. I dunno, things break sometimes. I have been pretty lucky myself.

Rrod doesnt bother me, if it happens i will get a replacement for free so who cares. Its definatly no reason not to the product imo.

Trinners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Trinners
Member since 2009 • 2537 Posts

Yes because a console breaking down is not a big deal :lol:

svetzenlether

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 svetzenlether
Member since 2003 • 3082 Posts

Because when I buy something, I expect it to work. If I have zero confidence about that reliability, I stay clear of it. That's why I haven't bought a 360; that and I'd rather have a updated PC since it's got most of the 360's best games on it anyway.

OmegaBlueUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 OmegaBlueUp
Member since 2006 • 500 Posts

I have owned 6 360s over the past few years, none of which had any faults. Out of about 15 friends with 360s 2 got rrod. I know 3 people with ps3s, 2 of them bricked and needed returning. I dunno, things break sometimes. I have been pretty lucky myself.

Rrod doesnt bother me, if it happens i will get a replacement for free so who cares. Its definatly no reason not to the product imo.

radoman

why have you owned 6 360? Just curious.