Why Battlefield is inferior to Call of Duty in almost every way.

• 123 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#51 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts
Stopped reading at "terrible sound design". No way you're serious, TC.
_VenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 _VenomX
Member since 2009 • 1614 Posts

Compare Battlefield's user scores to CoD's on Metacritic or Gamerankings. Tells a whole different story.

AndyAlfredo
Thats what I was thinking, I can see red numbers on call of duty
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Which is why there has NEVER been an AAA Battlefield game on Metacritic or Gamerankings, yet BOTH CoD4 and Modern Warfare 2 are 94 on both sites. (Not to mention Black Ops scored the same as the highest scoring Battlefield game on BOTH sites ;) )

Oh whats that? You only count gamespot scores? Well fine, there is ONE AAA Battlefield game on here(Bad Company 2) and 4 AAA CoD games.

You were saying?

You guys can scream "teh salez dont mattah" all you want but what Battlefield fanboys fail to realize is that the games are ALSO more critically acclaimed than the Battlefield games. Seriously, I have never seen this much unwarranted arrogance/elietism from one group, when they havent even earned it :lol:

StrongDeadlift

Get your facts straight before starting a pointless argument.

Battlefield 2 = 91.

Only one platform, only multiplayer. It got a 91 from just that.

Lets look at what CoD has been scoring, starting with their favorite game.

Modern Warfare 1 = 92

World at War = 83

Modern Warfare 2 = 86

Black Ops = 81

It had one game above Battlefield 2. One, and that was by only a single point. You didn't miscount, you counted it out on purpose because all you recognized was the consolized Bad Company.

Don't think you realize it, but Battlefield 2 started this generation. It counts.

I agree CoD gets hated on way to much around here. All of a sudden Dice hypes up how the new battlefield is gonna have a few perks on the PC version and some hermits are ready to worship them as Gods. Lets call battlefield what it is: a me too wannabe CoD clone that's just not quite as fun.

Pray_to_me

Bad Company 2 got a few perks on PC, yet it received almost no hype. Logic failed.

Battlefield a me-too wannabe? Oh please, that's such a childish argument. Battlefield has been around longer than CoD. CoD was nothing more than a Medal of Honor wannabe, and it couldn't surpass it until it went modern day (After Battlefield did it first, and far better.)

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"]

Someone has to counter the 10's of "why battlefield 3 is teh best gaem evar, 10/10 AAAA, CoD is finnished" threads that are made every day. The amount of Battlefield fanboyism on this website is disgusting and the unwarranted elitism is vomit worthy at this point. System Wars (as well as the internet at large) has become BF fanboy paridise. They are starting to become the most insecure, annoying comunnity of gamers on the internet. Just remember, im in the minority on here. For every ONE thread like this, there are 100 other CoD hate threads.

Alot of the people who bash it, dont even know WHY they bash it. Ive seen some of them say "ive never bough a CoD game, and I never will!". We get it, you hate things that are cool and popular, and you want to appear "different" :roll:

ChubbyGuy40

We're stating the faults that CoD has had for years and hyping a game that actually makes changes, changes for the better. Insecure? About what? Annoying? No one is more annoying than CoD fanboys who act like their game is perfect and supreme. It seems CoD fanboys are the insecure because their game finally has true competition at the casual market, while still maintaining the core market.

It's cool and popular and that's the reason we hate it. Perfect logic. That's the only reason someone can ever bash popular, isn't it? It's impossible to have a legitimate complaint about something that has a truck-load of faults.

Lol, I have absolutely DESTROYED CoD on these boards before. In fact, I have posts completely berating Black Ops that I made within the last 2 weeks. I am fully aware of its flaws. In fact, I even started to become a Battlefield fanboy and jump on the CoD hate bandwagon.....until I actually played the game. Infact, I bought Bad Company just to prepare myself for Battlefield 3.

And yes, they are insecure. Tell me, how many threads do you see like this on this forum? Conversely, how many BF fanboy threads do you see on here? I guarrantee you for every ONE thread like this, there is 20 more Battlefield 3 masturbation threads. BF fanboys are the ones trying to convince everyone that their game is better, not the other way around.

yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#55 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
[QUOTE="yellosnolvr"]why hasnt this been closed yet?tomarlyn
System Wars needs more freedom not less

freedom and this site. i wish :cry:
Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
/Giant facepalm.
Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Ribnarak
Member since 2008 • 2299 Posts

for the people who didn't understand:

1. basically tc was saying graphics of cod sucks compared to even BC2, thus bf3 will blow mw3 away in that as well.

2. SOund quality in BC2 was so amazing, that BF3 is gonna have the best sound quality out of mw3 and bf3.

3. Vehicles don't do anything besides you know? just getting kills, destroying objectives, transporting players, etc. So the TC is saying, that COD people are stuck with just using 30 second killstreak vehicles (which arent even fully controllable :)

4. If the TC is serious, basically hes just telling you to never read his posts again or take him seriously in these forums.

_VenomX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 _VenomX
Member since 2009 • 1614 Posts

Infact, I bought Bad Company just to prepare myself for Battlefield 3.

StrongDeadlift

You dont play BC2 to prepare on BF3... you play BF2! Its cheapdust on Origin and Steam.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

I agree CoD gets hated on way to much around here. All of a sudden Dice hypes up how the new battlefield is gonna have a few perks on the PC version and some hermits are ready to worship them as Gods. Lets call battlefield what it is: a me too wannabe CoD clone that's just not quite as fun.

Pray_to_me

The BF franchise has been a staple of the PC FPS market for a very long time, long before COD4 swept the console FPS market.

The thing is many gamers are hyping BF3, across 360, PS3 and PC.

Also, the gameplay looks very different... as arrogant as EA has been lately I doubt very much that it is yet another CoD clone...

only when the game releases though will we be able to say for certain.

Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Gibsonsg527
Member since 2010 • 3313 Posts

After listening to all the rediculous hype from Battlefield fanboys about how BF "destroys" COD, I finally decided to pick up Bad Company 2 the other day. Seriously? This is the game that has been getting so much hype? . .

• The graphics are terrible.
  • The guns feel terrible as well. Terrible sound design, terrible feedback and weak rumble (almost on Uncharted 2 levels). As much as you guys may hate COD, there is no denying that CoD has set the industry standard for shooting mechanics. CoD's guns feel perfect. But this isnt so much a comparison to Bad Company, as it is simply pointing out how unpolished BC2's guns are compared to CoD. Everything in the game feels like its made out of cardboard when you shoot it.
  • The character movement is nowhere near as polished and fluid as in CoD, especially black ops. It feels like you are on a boat, or on roller skates. (which is funny because this was one of the things i've heard BF fanboys make fun of CoD for :lol: )(which is also weird because you dont even feel yourself running in BC2).
  • ZOMG teh destructable environments! Lol, refer to my "made of cardboard"comment.
  • ZOMG, teh vehicles. They are not polished at all, nor do they ad anything relevant to the gameplay. Basically, they dont need to be there. They are there for the sake of being in there.
  • ZOMG CoD just rehashes every year, and never does anything new....From what im seeing, Battlefield 3 looks like the exact same thing as Bad Company 2, just with better graphics.

Sometimes I really dont think people even know why they hate CoD so much.

StrongDeadlift

"The graphics are terrible" Right because COD has SOOO much better graphics :roll:

Also BF3 will have some of the best graphics the gen.

" Terrible Sound Design"You can't be serious.

"teh vehichel. They are not polished at all, nor do they as anything relevent to the gameplay" please elaborate the only vehicle that is not polished is the helicopter

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15561 Posts

If you're going to make a joke thread you need to remember to make it humorous.

the_mitch28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 the_mitch28
Member since 2005 • 4684 Posts

I even started to become a Battlefield fanboy and jump on the CoD hate bandwagon.....until I actually played the game. Infact, I bought Bad Company just to prepare myself for Battlefield 3.

StrongDeadlift

BC isn't BF, get it right.

I dislike BC2 as well but I still love the BF games.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 ChubbyGuy40

Lol, I have absolutely DESTROYED CoD on these boards before. In fact, I have posts completely berating Black Ops that I made within the last 2 weeks. I am fully aware of its flaws. In fact, I even started to become a Battlefield fanboy and jump on the CoD hate bandwagon.....until I actually played the game. Infact, I bought Bad Company just to prepare myself for Battlefield 3.

And yes, they are insecure. Tell me, how many threads do you see like this on this forum? Conversely, how many BF fanboy threads do you see on here? I guarrantee you for every ONE thread like this, there is 20 more Battlefield 3 masturbation threads. BF fanboys are the ones trying to convince everyone that their game is better, not the other way around.

StrongDeadlift

And? That wasn't directed at you

Also, you bought Bad Company to prepare for Battlefield 3. If you want to prepare, get Battlefield 2 on PC. You don't buy Soul Calibur to prepare for Tekken.

Honestly? I only ever notice a few. Then there's the threads that show off new information. Good thing you aren't betting, because you'd lose. Unlike MW3, we've already gotten to play Battlefield 3, and it's godly.

M4Ntan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#64 M4Ntan
Member since 2009 • 1438 Posts

why are call of duty and battlefield fanboys so stupid. They are both multiplatform games, so this topic belongs in general games, not system wars. I DEMAND that this thread is locked or moved to general games. I cannot believe people these days.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 StrongDeadlift

[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"]

Which is why there has NEVER been an AAA Battlefield game on Metacritic or Gamerankings, yet BOTH CoD4 and Modern Warfare 2 are 94 on both sites. (Not to mention Black Ops scored the same as the highest scoring Battlefield game on BOTH sites ;) )

Oh whats that? You only count gamespot scores? Well fine, there is ONE AAA Battlefield game on here(Bad Company 2) and 4 AAA CoD games.

You were saying?

You guys can scream "teh salez dont mattah" all you want but what Battlefield fanboys fail to realize is that the games are ALSO more critically acclaimed than the Battlefield games. Seriously, I have never seen this much unwarranted arrogance/elietism from one group, when they havent even earned it :lol:

ChubbyGuy40

Get your facts straight before starting a pointless argument.

Battlefield 2 = 91.

Only one platform, only multiplayer. It got a 91 from just that.

Lets look at what CoD has been scoring, starting with their favorite game.

Modern Warfare 1 = 92

World at War = 83

Modern Warfare 2 = 86

Black Ops = 81

It had one game above Battlefield 2. One, and that was by only a single point. You didn't miscount, you counted it out on purpose because all you recognized was the consolized Bad Company.

Don't think you realize it, but Battlefield 2 started this generation. It counts.

Pray_to_me

Bad Company 2 got a few perks on PC, yet it received almost no hype. Logic failed.

Battlefield a me-too wannabe? Oh please, that's such a childish argument. Battlefield has been around longer than CoD. CoD was nothing more than a Medal of Honor wannabe, and it couldn't surpass it until it went modern day (After Battlefield did it first, and far better.)

STRONG Call of Duty scores bro. Nice job using the PC version scores instead of the consoles, aka, the highest rated score available. :roll: And no, I didnt miscount BF on purpose, I genuinely made a mistake, and didnt see it (didnt have the order set to "by score"). i dont have to cheat to make my game look better, like you just did.

Now, let me show you the PROPER scores for each franchise:

*I had links but couldnt post due to gamespot error messages*

Infinity Ward COD games this gen:

Call of Duty 2: 89

Call of Duty 4: 94 (360) 94 (PS3)

Modern Warfare 2: 94 (360) 94 (PS3)

Treyarch CoD games:

Call of Duty 3: 82(360) 80 (PS3)

World at War:84(360)85(PS3)

Black Ops: 87 (360) 88 (PS3)

If you notice, from Infinity Ward's track record, Every COD game they have made was well acclaimed. ;)

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 commonfate

why are call of duty and battlefield fanboys so stupid. They are both multiplatform games, so this topic belongs in general games, not system wars. I DEMAND that this thread is locked or moved to general games. I cannot believe people these days.

M4Ntan

You demand??? Or what?

M4Ntan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#67 M4Ntan
Member since 2009 • 1438 Posts

[QUOTE="M4Ntan"]

commonfate

You demand??? Or what?

I boycott this thread and never return.

el3m2tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 el3m2tigre
Member since 2007 • 4232 Posts

You have yet to mention how Battlefield is inferior.

I_am_a_PS3_FB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 I_am_a_PS3_FB
Member since 2009 • 400 Posts

el3m2tigre
Its not played by 12 year olds..
blabbyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 blabbyboy
Member since 2008 • 2614 Posts
Pretty different games. Bfbc2 is more realistic, but cod is much more fluid IMO.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 ChubbyGuy40

STRONG Call of Duty scores bro. Nice job using the PC version scores instead of the consoles, aka, the highest rated score available. :roll: And no, I didnt miscount BF on purpose, I genuinely made a mistake, and didnt see it (didnt have the order set to "by score"). i dont have to cheat to make my game look better, like you just did.

Now, let me show you the PROPER scores for each franchise:

*I had links but couldnt post due to gamespot error messages*

Infinity Ward COD games this gen:

Call of Duty 2: 89

Call of Duty 4: 94 (360) 94 (PS3)

Modern Warfare 2: 94 (360) 94 (PS3)

Treyarch CoD games:

Call of Duty 3: 82(360) 80 (PS3)

World at War:84(360)85(PS3)

Black Ops: 87 (360) 88 (PS3)

If you notice, from Infinity Ward's track record, Every COD game they have made was well acclaimed. ;)

StrongDeadlift

I used PC for a reason. It's the definitive version. It has the best community, and the best version of the game.

I cheated? Oh please. I have a legitimate reason. I showed you the proper scores. Sounds like you just couldn't handle the truth.

Avatar image for FoolwithaLancer
FoolwithaLancer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 FoolwithaLancer
Member since 2011 • 2020 Posts

Hmmm, funny, the sound in BF games are absolutely brilliant, Compared to the Guns in CoD, which have some of the most terrible gun sounds. :?

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 commonfate

[QUOTE="commonfate"]

[QUOTE="M4Ntan"]

M4Ntan

You demand??? Or what?

I boycott this thread and never return.

You will be missed.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts
There is so much wrong in the OP's post it's ridiculous. Sounds like he played it on console too.
Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Jagged3dge
Member since 2008 • 3895 Posts

I give this thread a -3/10

s_emi_xxxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#76 s_emi_xxxxx
Member since 2005 • 1058 Posts
your silly post is too long to be quoted in a Sig, otherwise i'd do that in a heartbeat.
QQabitmoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 QQabitmoar
Member since 2011 • 1892 Posts

It's become tiring. Kinda like the cancer of this forum. I'm a big Battlefield supporter, but can we leave it for now, at least untill the betas have started?

danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#78 danish-death
Member since 2004 • 5314 Posts

[QUOTE="el3m2tigre"]

I_am_a_PS3_FB

It is in fact lol. My cousing whojust became 12 years old recentlygot Black Ops for his birthday.

gamedude234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#79 gamedude234
Member since 2009 • 2558 Posts

lol at TC using metacritic scores when the user scores tell the truth....

fact is activation has bribed critics AT LEAST twice, so that they could give them high scores(MW2 and black ops)

Not to mention COD is very good at leaving good first impression. The first couple of hours playing COD seem amazing, then you start to see the fundamental flaws.

All critics do when they review COD is play the 3 hour campaign and play about 5 hours of MP. This is far too little.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11792 Posts

So in other words you hate BF cause it doesn't play for you?

CoD: *Fires a bullet at wall* CONGRATULATIONS YOU JUST GOT MASTER SEARGANT SUPER SAIYAN PRIVATE GENERAL NOW SHOOT THE GUY IN A SLOW MO EVENT*

I_am_a_PS3_FB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 I_am_a_PS3_FB

[QUOTE="I_am_a_PS3_FB"][QUOTE="el3m2tigre"]

danish-death

It is in fact lol. My cousing whojust became 12 years old recentlygot Black Ops for his birthday.

:) actually I meant BF3 being inferior to CoD because 12 year olds don't play it.

And isn't Black ops 'M' rated ? :P

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 StrongDeadlift

Typical. Nobody in this thread has given me a proper reason why they hate COD so much, other than "bu..bu...bu...they rehash it every year! :cry: ". Who the hell cares? You realize that Infinity Ward and Treyarch BOTH have two year development cycles, and release their games in yearly rotation? Lol @ "bu..bu..they just squeeze out a game every year!" when the games have the same development cycle as Battlefield.

Are you still going to deny that the shooting mechanics, player movement, and gun customization are all superior in CoD?

Brb, Guns in CoD dont feel like pea shooters. Each gun has a different feel, and is satisfying to use. Shooting at a wall doesnt feel like im shooting a Nerf gun at cardboard boxes.

Brb, I can actually FEEL myself running and dont feel like im on a boat or on rollerskates.

(and the two above points are funny because BF fanboys worship "realism" all the time :lol: )

Brb, I can put a suppressor, extended clip, and various different ironsight attachments on just about every gun which makes the game play differently.

The only negative I could list about CoD(particularly Black Ops) are the graphics and the Killstreaks being as unbalanced as f***. But if they implimented a system similar to Uncharted 3's Medal Kickback system, then it would be perfect.

CoD: *Fires a bullet at wall* CONGRATULATIONS YOU JUST GOT MASTER SEARGANT SUPER SAIYAN PRIVATE GENERAL NOW SHOOT THE GUY IN A SLOW MO EVENT*

NoodleFighter

Looks like someone doesnt play the game, and watched the Bulletstorm parody video :lol:

Avatar image for DangerousLiquid
DangerousLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 DangerousLiquid
Member since 2011 • 452 Posts

I approve of this ownage!

The arguments CoD haters have been having are ludicrous! They get graphics and visuals, everything else belongs to COD.

I honestly think they hate CoD because they've been nuked too many times. :idea:

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
Getting both, do not care a single bit.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#85 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

The arguments CoD haters have been having are ludicrous! They get graphics and visuals, everything else belongs to COD.

I honestly think they hate CoD because they've been nuked too many times. :idea:

DangerousLiquid

Search up the cold blooded pro glitch on youtube and come back to me.People hate COD because of the MP's cheap gameplay.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 StrongDeadlift

DangerousLiquid
This. People on here take the hate to far. They refuse to acknowlege that CoD does ANYTHING good and forget that the games are actually good games :roll: / Fluid character movement, The best shooting mechanics in the industry, and best gun customization. Battlefield isnt even on the radar in these categories when compared to Call of Duty. Graphics, vehicles, and environmental destruction are the only things Battlefield 3 has over CoD.
soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts
[QUOTE="DangerousLiquid"]

StrongDeadlift
This. People on here take the hate to far. They refuse to acknowlege that CoD does ANYTHING good and forget that the games are actually good games :roll: / Fluid character movement, The best shooting mechanics in the industry, and best gun customization. Battlefield isnt even on the radar in these categories when compared to Call of Duty. Graphics, vehicles, and environmental destruction are the only things Battlefield 3 has over CoD.

Best shooting mechanics is completely opinionated.
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

Typical. Nobody in this thread has given me a proper reason why they hate COD so much, other than "bu..bu...bu...they rehash it every year! :cry: ". Who the hell cares? You realize that Infinity Ward and Treyarch BOTH have two year development cycles, and release their games in yearly rotation? Lol @ "bu..bu..they just squeeze out a game every year!" when the games have the same development cycle as Battlefield.

Are you still going to deny that the shooting mechanics, player movement, and gun customization are all superior in CoD?

Brb, Guns in CoD dont feel like pea shooters. Each gun has a different feel, and is satisfying to use. Shooting at a wall doesnt feel like im shooting a Nerf gun at cardboard boxes.

Brb, I can actually FEEL myself running and dont feel like im on a boat or on rollerskates.

(and the two above points are funny because BF fanboys worship "realism" all the time :lol: )

Brb, I can put a suppressor, extended clip, and various different ironsight attachments on just about every gun which makes the game play differently.

The only negative I could list about CoD(particularly Black Ops) are the graphics and the Killstreaks being as unbalanced as f***. But if they implimented a system similar to Uncharted 3's Medal Kickback system, then it would be perfect.

StrongDeadlift

Erm... What?

COD guns feel like Pea shooters. No bullet drop, next to no recoil or bullet spread. You can get kills no problem firing an LMG from the hip...

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 StrongDeadlift

[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"][QUOTE="DangerousLiquid"]

soulitane

It is not opinionated, it is completely objective. It is a FACT that the feel of battlefield's guns is not as polished and fleshed out as in Call of Duty.

It is about as "opinionated" as these two painings:

Now, whichever one of these painings you think is "BETTER" is opinionated. But is a FACT, NOT a matter of opinion that the Mona Lisa paining above is WAY more polished and had alot more effort put into it than the crayon drawing below. This is NOT an opinion matter, it is completely objective. Now, you are free to think the crayon drawing looks better (although you would be in the minority).

It is also not a matter of opinion that Call of Duty has MUCH more diverse weapon feelings and deeper weapon customization. All the guns feel differrent compared to Battlefield. You can put different sights, supressors, and other attachments on just about every gun.

It is also not an opinion that you can feel yourself running in CoD (specifically in Black Ops. Modern Warfare 2 has a different feel to it) but you cannot to the same extent in battlefield. That is a fact.

LazyMushroom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 LazyMushroom
Member since 2011 • 914 Posts

Opinions are like a**hol*s everyone has one.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 soulitane

[QUOTE="soulitane"][QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"] This. People on here take the hate to far. They refuse to acknowlege that CoD does ANYTHING good and forget that the games are actually good games :roll: / Fluid character movement, The best shooting mechanics in the industry, and best gun customization. Battlefield isnt even on the radar in these categories when compared to Call of Duty. Graphics, vehicles, and environmental destruction are the only things Battlefield 3 has over CoD.StrongDeadlift

It is not opinionated, it is completely objective. It is a FACT that the feel of battlefield's guns is not as polished and fleshed out as in Call of Duty. Now, whichever one of these painings you think is "BETTER" is opinionated. But is a FACT, NOT a matter of opinion that the Mona Lisa paining above is WAY more polished and had alot more effort put into it than the crayon drawing below. This is NOT an opinion matter, it is completely objective. Now, you are free to think the crayon drawing looks better (although you would be in the minority).

It is also not a matter of opinion that Call of Duty has MUCH more diverse weapon feelings and deeper weapon customization. All the guns feel differrent compared to Battlefield. You can put different sights, supressors, and other attachments on just about every gun.

It is also not an opinion that you can feel yourself running in CoD (specifically in Black Ops. Modern Warfare 2 has a different feel to it) but you cannot to the same extent in battlefield. That is a fact.

By the definition of art it is completely opinionated as to which is better. Saying something is fact doesn't make it fact. Battlefield has better shooting mechanics than CoD, that is fact. What I just said is just as much a fact as what you said.
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#92 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Sorry TC, wou should have put 'the graphics are terrible' at the end because it was where i stop reading :P

New seriousy, i have nothing against CoD games, they are just not my cup of tea. I prefer slower paced gameplay and the more coop/tactical orientation of Battlefield games.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 StrongDeadlift
[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"]

[QUOTE="soulitane"] Best shooting mechanics is completely opinionated.soulitane

It is not opinionated, it is completely objective. It is a FACT that the feel of battlefield's guns is not as polished and fleshed out as in Call of Duty. Now, whichever one of these painings you think is "BETTER" is opinionated. But is a FACT, NOT a matter of opinion that the Mona Lisa paining above is WAY more polished and had alot more effort put into it than the crayon drawing below. This is NOT an opinion matter, it is completely objective. Now, you are free to think the crayon drawing looks better (although you would be in the minority).

By the definition of art it is completely opinionated as to which is better. Saying something is fact doesn't make it fact. Battlefield has better shooting mechanics than CoD, that is fact. What I just said is just as much a fact as what you said.

My point completely went over your hear. You are 100% correct. It IS opinionated which one is BETTER. However, it is NOT opinionated which one had more time, effort, and polish put into it. It also is NOT an opinion that Call of Duty has deeper weapon customization than Battlefield, because you can clearly see that from playing the game. I can pop in Bad Company and realize that I cannot customize the iron sights, put suppressors on my weapons, or underbarrel attachments, or rapid fire, or grip attachments. To say the opposite would be as rediculous as saying it is an OPINION that there are 50 states in the US, because you can clearly look at a map and see for yourself.
soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 soulitane

[QUOTE="soulitane"][QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"]

StrongDeadlift

My point completely went over your hear. You are 100% correct. It IS opinionated which one is BETTER. However, it is NOT opinionated which one had more time, effort, and polish put into it. It also is NOT an opinion that Call of Duty has deeper weapon customization than Battlefield, because you can clearly see that from playing the game. I can pop in Bad Company and realize that I cannot customize the iron sights, put suppressors on my weapons, or underbarrel attachments, or rapid fire, or grip attachments. To say the opposite would be as rediculous as saying it is an OPINION that there are 50 states in the US, because you can clearly look at a map and see for yourself.

So you agree my original statement is correct then, CoD having better shooting mechanics is completely opinionated. All this other stuff is irrelevant to my original statement.

I_am_a_PS3_FB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 I_am_a_PS3_FB

Whatever you say, BF series (yes even BC/2) is much more realistic than CoD. Its accepted fact, CoD is NOT realistic, it has NO recoil and lacks a sense of weight in the controls, BF has those things and does a better job of maintaining realism.

however which game you enjoy is purely your opinion and since you do not seem to value realism in a shooter, CoD is automatically the winner for you, thats not the same for others, I'll take a realistic shooter like BF3 (with better graphics i might add) over MW3 any day!

it all comes down to your playing style, its accepted fact that MP in CoD is frustrating because of the Noobs and the hacks and thats why there is a lot of hate for it. while MP in BF is generally more realistic and has larger playing fields with more interactivity. CoD is for people who like easy shooters..

I dont hate CoD.. I just don't like it.. gave me YLOD..

Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts

The reason I'm getting MW3 instead of BF is because of the campaign and the spec ops and survival mode.

I don't trust Dice when it comes to SP and the BF mp has never entertained me that much.Longest BF MP I have played is BF2 and that was only because my brother kept asking me to play.

Will I get BF3?Probably when it's dirtcheap or maybe borrow it from a friend.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

Typical. Nobody in this thread has given me a proper reason why they hate COD so much,other than "bu..bu...bu...they rehash it every year! :cry: ". Who the hell cares? You realize that Infinity Ward and Treyarch BOTH have two year development cycles, and release their games in yearly rotation? Lol @ "bu..bu..they just squeeze out a game every year!" when the games have the same development cycle as Battlefield.

[QUOTE="NoodleFighter"]

StrongDeadlift

Looks like someone doesnt play the game, and watched the Bulletstorm parody video :lol:

We don't hate CoD. We hate Mw2, Blops and the next standalone expansion Mw3. They give the shaft to the fanbase that made CoD what it is today. Why not hate?

incuensuocha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 incuensuocha
Member since 2009 • 1514 Posts

[QUOTE="_VenomX"]Looks like someone can't play Battlefield this September StrongDeadlift

Right, because its impossible that someone just doesnt WANT to play Battlefield this september? :roll:

I actually bought the game to prepare me for BF3, but i dont even want it now TBH. Honestly, for the first time ever, I actually WANT the game to fail just because of the fanboys.

Wanting a game to fail because of fanboys is even more fanboyish than just trash talking.
el3m2tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 el3m2tigre
Member since 2007 • 4232 Posts

[QUOTE="NoodleFighter"]

StrongDeadlift

Shooting mechanics? What? Aim Assist?:lol: Player movement is purely subjective. It comes down to gameplay preference. Honestly, it seems like you're getting really desperate. Making all these down right ridiculous arguements. It doesn't help your case at all. Battlefield is obviously superior in graphics and sound effects. It also offers a variety of vehicles and destructible evironments but apparently this doesn't mean anything to you. There's no point in discussing this with you if you refuse to acknowledge this.

Kevz0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Kevz0
Member since 2010 • 550 Posts

A CoD fanboy thinks the graphics in Battlefield are terrible... what the f?