Why are you people cancelling your PS4 preorders?

• 99 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by LordOfPoms (1086 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

I still have my pre-order, not sure if I'm going to bother getting one though. I canned my X1 pre-ordered about a month ago.

Worst case scenario, there's the gray market or just getting it and hanging on to it for the launch window. People seem to forget that launch day isn't what's important, the launch window of November to May is. There's quite a bit for both systems coming out during this period.

#52 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (6248 posts) -

Still day 1 for me.

#53 Posted by DJChuy (1813 posts) -

Not cancelling mine, but there really isn't much to get excited for. Besides OP, most of the games you listed are multiplat.

#54 Edited by Basinboy (11247 posts) -

Not only am I not cancelling my pre-orders, I'm looking to buy more. Already sold 2 of them on eBay, one more and I'll have my own paid for in full.

:)

Still waiting to move the Xbox Ones

#55 Edited by Pray_to_me (2880 posts) -

And yet it's still sold out everywhere.

#56 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@k2theswiss said:

@I_can_haz said:

Only lems are canceling their imaginary PS4 preorders. PS4 has over 1 million preorders, far higher than XBone preorders, lems are just gonna have to deal with it.

What you going have to deal with is no prove.

While you're gonna have to deal with inferior looking games and lower sales for the next 10 years.

#57 Posted by good_sk8er7 (4322 posts) -

I could not possibly cancel my preorder. I've been counting days for months. I wanted a next gen console long before they were announced.

#58 Edited by RimacBugatti (1287 posts) -

Haven't cancelled my PS4 preorder yet but seriously contemplating due to the fact that Watchdogs is delayed and Driveclub so basically PS4 launch is horrible. Xbox One is looking to be a great launch in comparison. If I had the extra $100 I would definitely cancel and go with Xbox instead.

#59 Edited by tormentos (18378 posts) -

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

I simply for the life of me cannot understand why so many of you are cancelling your PS4 preorders just because a multiplat and Drive Club were pushed back a few months. Were you really pinning all of your game time on Watchdogs and Drive Club? I wanted those games as much as anyone else, but between Killzone, CoD Ghosts, Madden 25 and NBA 14, I will have plenty to do.

Just the satisfaction of looking under my TV and seeing that brand new PS4 will give me extreme satisfaction. Im going to be a lot of you will have "canceler's remorse" when you can't find a PS4 to buy for 2 months!

Who is canceling their pre-orders,basically here only lemmings and they did not had one to begin with,fox has cancel his like 10 times already..

#60 Edited by KellyKelly (377 posts) -

Nobody is, except a few Lems on this board that never preordered one in the first place LOL

#61 Posted by tormentos (18378 posts) -

@TheEroica said:

me once bitten twice shy... I've done a half dozen day one launches from the Snes on up... I generally find that hype is built around taking it out of the box and getting that new car smell... As for the games, Sony WILL have games to play out of the box, but when looking at parting with 550$ for a console, controller and game that I could'vesunk into a pc that will play the games far better, I ccan't justify it... Ebay baby.... Though I am trying to work a deal with the wife where the ps4 could be the big xmas gift this year. Haha.

Theres just too much of a gamble with imperfect tech, lack of software and too much of a backlog to throw another, well... Log on the fire.

Dude the PS4 is $399 and even have like 5 or 7 games that are free to play even online,why do i need a second controller on day one.? The console comes with one.

#62 Posted by clyde46 (46634 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@TheEroica said:

me once bitten twice shy... I've done a half dozen day one launches from the Snes on up... I generally find that hype is built around taking it out of the box and getting that new car smell... As for the games, Sony WILL have games to play out of the box, but when looking at parting with 550$ for a console, controller and game that I could'vesunk into a pc that will play the games far better, I ccan't justify it... Ebay baby.... Though I am trying to work a deal with the wife where the ps4 could be the big xmas gift this year. Haha.

Theres just too much of a gamble with imperfect tech, lack of software and too much of a backlog to throw another, well... Log on the fire.

Dude the PS4 is $399 and even have like 5 or 7 games that are free to play even online,why do i need a second controller on day one.? The console comes with one.

I thought you consolites love to crow about social MP....

#63 Posted by Krelian-co (11216 posts) -

i already have my altar, errr i mean, table ready for the godstation 4.

#64 Posted by BluRayHiDef (10839 posts) -

There could be a guarantee that my PS4 will explode upon delivery and I still wouldn't cancel my pre-order. I must have that system.

Greatness Awaits.

#65 Edited by OhSnapitz (18458 posts) -

Meh.. after WD was delayed I was actually going to pick up the full version of DC just as a "filler" but when that got delayed as well.. it put me on the fence about actually keeping the damn thing. I suppose there's still DC Online and Warframe to keep me entertained (already have KZ reserved).. it's just a bummer.

May sell it for profit..

Does anyone know if Injustice GOTY is a day one game for the PS4?

#66 Edited by AdobeArtist (22945 posts) -

I keep saying it doesn't pay to be an early adopter. Even if there are no cancellations, most often launch libraries are fairly lack luster, even if having an exception of one or two games. But the main point being, the price of the console in the first 4 months is at its highest with the smallest offering. By the time that first price drop rolls around, you pay less along with having more variety. As opposed to paying more with less variety.

Patience is a virtue ;)

#67 Edited by SexyJazzCat (989 posts) -

Never preordered to begin with.

#68 Edited by treedoor (7648 posts) -

$400 for Killzone 4.

Nooooooooooooo thank you

#69 Posted by Krelian-co (11216 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

Who is?

I'm locked and loaded baby

Of course you are. you, I_can_haz and Krelian-co are the biggest bias trolling cows on SW. If it was $1000 you would still be getting it. Sony said they want their @ss back.

excuse me mr objective not bias and in the @ss of microsoft.

xD the irony.

#70 Posted by clone01 (24846 posts) -

Who cancelled their preorders?

#71 Posted by Wasdie (50003 posts) -

Most people here who "preordered" never did in the first place.

#72 Edited by Far_RockNYC (1112 posts) -

Seems like a lot of people are cancelling their pre-orders, can't blame them PS4 has no games.

#73 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -

Shouldn't preorder any of them in the first place, preordering a brand new system with little launch titles and without knowing system's reliability is not wise IMO.

#74 Edited by RogueStatus28 (513 posts) -

There's nothing there, it's just dust... I can play Assassin's Creed, Battlefield, Call of Duty, and Need for Speed on my PS3. The Killzone franchise is meh and don't even mention Knack.

Greatness awaits... Awaits

#75 Posted by RogueStatus28 (513 posts) -

Next gen... It's just a buzz term.

#76 Edited by Zidaneski (8474 posts) -

I don't see a reason to get the PS4 on launch day since most games won't be out till next year, but more importantly,...no backwards compatibility. PS3 started with backwards compatibility so it was an easy decision to make if you had the dough for it. PS4 will only have a few games and there isn't any reason to not use your PS3 because new exclusive games are coming out still and multi-platform games let you upgrade to the PS4 (essentially-free with current deal right now) so the only substantial reason to get PS4 is if you're a big KZ fan. I plan to get a PS4 in February when Infamous is out and FFXIV:ARR is available for PS4, hopefully)

#77 Posted by Mkavanaugh77 (20840 posts) -

@kellykelly said:

Nobody is, except a few Lems on this board that never preordered one in the first place LOL

If I had a Ps4 pre ordered I would cancel it.

No good looking games is the main reason, Knack looks like shit, Killzone is just another Killzone.

Wait a year or so for some good games to arrive and maybe a price drop as well, then buy one.

Buy a xboxOne right away though, Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Titanfall, Kiler Instinct all have been gettign alot of praise and seem to be games worth buying a xboxone for.

#78 Posted by redskins26rocs (2674 posts) -

I am canceling my preorder probably just because $400 can buy some awesome things like a 3DS and new Pokemon or maybe a new GPU and case. That and I do not want any exclusive titles until KH3 and FFXV

#79 Posted by RogueStatus28 (513 posts) -

@Zidaneski said:

I don't see a reason to get the PS4 on launch day since most games won't be out till next year, but more importantly,...no backwards compatibility. PS3 started with backwards compatibility so it was an easy decision to make if you had the dough for it. PS4 will only have a few games and there isn't any reason to not use your PS3 because new exclusive games are coming out still and multi-platform games let you upgrade to the PS4 (essentially-free with current deal right now) so the only substantial reason to get PS4 is if you're a big KZ fan. I plan to get a PS4 in February when Infamous is out and FFXIV:ARR is available for PS4, hopefully)

Exactly. This year the PS3 got Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto V, Gran Turismo 6, God of War Ascension, and basically every PS4 launch title. So without backward compatibility what's the point of getting the PS4 at launch?

#80 Edited by Heil68 (45245 posts) -

d I'm not. No way Joise. Full steam ahaead, pedal to the mother fvcking metal. Day 1. :D

Greatness Awaits TC.

Sony.

PS4.

#81 Posted by RogueStatus28 (513 posts) -

Gotta be apart of the next gen craze. Greatness awaits, thanks Sony.

Day one!

#82 Posted by airshocker (29930 posts) -

Watch Dogs was the major reason why I was getting the PS4, even tho I could run the game perfectly well on my PC.

Knack looks OK, I suppose. It doesn't really seem like it's going to be my type of game. BF4 is and always will be a PC game for me. I don't play too many shooters so I'm not sure if I want to get KZ:SF. AC4 I'll be getting on the PS4. So what else is there for me to really get? Not much.

I'm not sure if I just want to cancel both of my preorders and just get a better video card.

#83 Edited by SNIPER4321 (10144 posts) -

maybe because its terrible console? what does it offer?? movie cinematic games? killzone 4 which play like COD with shiny graphics and on space??

i dont have problem with any next gen console if they dont effect PC gaming ie bring PC game to console and dumbed it down.

#84 Posted by PinkiePirate (2087 posts) -

Pre-ordered back in June. No plans to cancel. That's crazy, man.

#85 Edited by Merex760 (4329 posts) -

I don't see the point in owning either console at launch. I have a perfectly capable gaming PC that I can play until the initial launch rush goes away. I'd be buying Black Flag, CoD Ghosts, Titanfall, and Battlefield 4 on PC anyway.

#86 Edited by Saintsfan422 (6 posts) -

My wife is getting me a PS4 for Christmas. I pre-ordered it, along with Ghosts and KZ. At first, I thought about trying to talk my wife into letting me open the PS4 at launch period if I agree to just play the free included games until Dec. 25th. But now that i think about it, I'll just wait the extra 40 days to open it and read online to see if problems are popping up with the launch version console. If it seems there are lots of issues, hopefully I can return it to Best Buy for a full refund and wait for a newer system where all the kinks have been ironed out.

#87 Edited by AgentA-Mi6 (16260 posts) -

I didnt preorder mine, i intend to buy it in December, or probably january next year.

#88 Posted by danten81 (129 posts) -

I cancelled mine, and pre-ordered a Dualshock 4 for my PC. All of the games I want(outside of Killzone) will be on PC.

#89 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (5155 posts) -

I'm not because I ain't pre-ordered. February is the golden time, my friends!

Still never touching Xbone with a barge pole.

#90 Posted by lockjaw333 (1741 posts) -

I had both pr-eordered and have since cancelled both. For me it comes down to the fact that I'm mostly a PC gamer, and there is nothing in the launch window that I can't play on PC (while being superior).

The reason I cancelled the PS4 is that there is absolutely nothing I want to play outside of Second Son that has been announced, and that is not a good enough reason to buy the system. That and I really think it will be inferior to the X1 and be playing feature catch-up for at least a few years.

#91 Edited by Timstuff (26837 posts) -

It's not worth preordering consoles. You are better off waiting a few months for a hardware revision. The first batch almost always has lots of problems, and besides that you don't have to go through the BS of dealing with shortages.

#92 Edited by GrayF0X786 (3867 posts) -

if Battlefield 4 was not coming out this year for ps4 i would have skipped the damn console entirely.

#93 Edited by Puckhog04 (22606 posts) -

Cancelled mine. Waiting for more games to come out next year. Most likely when Infamous comes out. Shadowfall is all that interests me at launch for PS4 and Dead Rising 3 for Xbox One. When both get more games, I'll get both mid next year.

#94 Edited by littlestreakier (2931 posts) -

I sadly had to cancel due to life :(. Some events happened that used up the money I was going to spend on next gen, definitely still going to get a PS4 and Xbox One just not at launch anymore.

#95 Posted by OhSnapitz (18458 posts) -

@littlestreakier said:

I sadly had to cancel due to life :(. Some events happened that used up the money I was going to spend on next gen, definitely still going to get a PS4 and Xbox One just not at launch anymore.

..Sh!t happens bro.. remember this is hobby sometimes life events take priority.

#96 Posted by Minishdriveby (10040 posts) -

I don't have a preorder to cancel, but I guess you could put my name on the list if you want. A better question would be why preorder?

#97 Posted by Phazevariance (10981 posts) -

im still on the fence but a month ago i was gungho ps4, now i just dont know. x1 has more launch games. my pc is already powerful enough for any of the multiplats.

#98 Edited by StormyJoe (5497 posts) -

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

I simply for the life of me cannot understand why so many of you are cancelling your PS4 preorders just because a multiplat and Drive Club were pushed back a few months. Were you really pinning all of your game time on Watchdogs and Drive Club? I wanted those games as much as anyone else, but between Killzone, CoD Ghosts, Madden 25 and NBA 14, I will have plenty to do.

Just the satisfaction of looking under my TV and seeing that brand new PS4 will give me extreme satisfaction. Im going to be a lot of you will have "canceler's remorse" when you can't find a PS4 to buy for 2 months!

I didn't know peoplw were cancelling PS4 preorders.

That's dumb. Even if you didn't want it, you could sell it on eBay for a profit!

#99 Posted by iHarlequin (1789 posts) -

Why do you care?

#100 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

Horrible launch line-up, plain and simple.

Same goes for the Xbone, mind you.