Why are you people cancelling your PS4 preorders?

• 99 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

I simply for the life of me cannot understand why so many of you are cancelling your PS4 preorders just because a multiplat and Drive Club were pushed back a few months. Were you really pinning all of your game time on Watchdogs and Drive Club? I wanted those games as much as anyone else, but between Killzone, CoD Ghosts, Madden 25 and NBA 14, I will have plenty to do.

Just the satisfaction of looking under my TV and seeing that brand new PS4 will give me extreme satisfaction. Im going to be a lot of you will have "canceler's remorse" when you can't find a PS4 to buy for 2 months!

ImBatman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ImBatman-
Member since 2013 • 1279 Posts

Who's cancelling their preorder?

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I cancelled my order before the delays. I just have a feeling that I'd probably not use it that much.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts

I'm not. The PS4 is still day 1 for me. If people want to then who cares? The 100% of pre-orders never get fulfilled anyway.

LordOfPoms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LordOfPoms
Member since 2013 • 1138 Posts

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

I simply for the life of me cannot understand why so many of you are cancelling your PS4 preorders just because a multiplat and Drive Club were pushed back a few months. Were you really pinning all of your game time on Watchdogs and Drive Club? I wanted those games as much as anyone else, but between Killzone, CoD Ghosts, Madden 25 and NBA 14, I will have plenty to do.

Just the satisfaction of looking under my TV and seeing that brand new PS4 will give me extreme satisfaction. Im going to be a lot of you will have "canceler's remorse" when you can't find a PS4 to buy for 2 months!

I'd say only 5% of those posts are real, the others are not. Those people never had them to begin with and just say it as a means of "LOL OWNAGE". It's pretty obvious, even the smallest announcement brings out the "CANCELLED AND BOUGHT X. X HAVING A BAD WEEK!" posts. It's all fake.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6  Edited By JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

Yeah cancelling over two games is pretty lame, if two games is enough to warrant a $600 purchase then some people just have too much money burning a hole in their pocket.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22669 Posts

me once bitten twice shy... I've done a half dozen day one launches from the Snes on up... I generally find that hype is built around taking it out of the box and getting that new car smell... As for the games, Sony WILL have games to play out of the box, but when looking at parting with 550$ for a console, controller and game that I could'vesunk into a pc that will play the games far better, I ccan't justify it... Ebay baby.... Though I am trying to work a deal with the wife where the ps4 could be the big xmas gift this year. Haha.

Theres just too much of a gamble with imperfect tech, lack of software and too much of a backlog to throw another, well... Log on the fire.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

color me shocked, all the xbots come here saying they cancelled their ps4 preorder lol

No one is cancelling their preorder lem, ps4 destroyed xbone in preorders #dealwithit

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

I see no reason to buy the system this year. I could careless about those games you listed. The best games coming out for it this year will be better on the PC. Get a Wii U this year and get the PS4 next year.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22669 Posts

@Krelian-co: who are you speaking of?

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

Only time I canceled mine was to upgrade to the bundle and then later add the camera.

It's been sitting in order history since June... Only 27 more days and it will be in my loving arms. :P

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

I will cancel mine, as I settled on Xbone instead. Buy a PS4 later in the gen like a did PS3 when/if it becomes worthwhile.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

I don't understand why people buy new new consoles so early in the frist place.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

@Newhopes:

Something new, and it isn't like the price goes down too much. You wait 3 years to save 100 or so. These consoles will have a 6-7 year gen, not much tech last that long for the price they are asking.

I'll keep my PS3 along side the One, so I can continue getting PS+ games and buy all new games on Xbox.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

well if that's what people was interested in THEN ya, If got ps4 right now, but was only interested in those games it would just sit there collecting dust.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17  Edited By blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

im not cancelling mine.. i dont care about driveclub. all i want with my ps4 is killzone SF, AC4, BF4, infamous SS, but still sad that watchdogs was delayed

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

Who's everyone? I think you've been listening to Fox say he's cancelling his pre-order 50 times.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Lol Lemz is desperate, people not cancelling Ps4

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

This is clearly a stealth troll thread...

Im waiting till next summer for my QUAD.

Im buying a Motorcycle soon.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#21 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

I think people are struggling with the while question/answer thing.

mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mbrockway
Member since 2007 • 3560 Posts

I cancelled mine, there's no point in ordering it for me. The vast majority of what I play are multiplats and my pc plays them even better than the PS4 can. I play them on my 50" tv with my wired 360 controller so the only difference is 1080p and 60fps. Exclusives? The PS4 has a couple I want, but none of them come out till next year. Even if the gap starts to close, I'm just $300 away from an ATI R9 280 that will once again blow the pants off the PS4 (and my crossfired 6950's.)

I don't like shooters. Hate them in fact, didn't finish Resistance 2 or Killzone 2, though I enjoyed Resistance 3. If there is not a really good story to drag me along I will not play them. Other than Last of Us, the only games I've bought for my PS3 this year are JRPG's, I've been buying everything else off Steam (or getting them free off PS+.) I honestly buy JRPG's out of obligation to Atlus and the other localization companies, I haven't finished a non-portable rpg in ages. My main console right now is my 3DS, it is seriously looking like it will unseat the PS2 as the greatest console of all time.

For the vast majority of gamers, the PS4 will be awesome. It will beat the vast majority of PC's for at least 2 years if Steam's user stats are anything to go by. For those of use with bad a** pc's, we will likely pick one up next year.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

I wouldn't cancel my pre-order. Especially when I could sell the system on EBay for about $700 during the holidays. If KZ:SF gets delayed, that's probably what I will do. There isn't much to play on it though. You got KZ:SF and maybe a couple 3rd party titles. Still not sure about the Indie games. XB1 has a lot more quality games to chose from. So I'll probably play that more then anything this year, as I wait patiently for Infamous SS.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

@blackace said:

I wouldn't cancel my pre-order. Especially when I could sell the system on EBay for about $700 during the holidays. If KZ:SF gets delayed, that's probably what I will do. There isn't much to play on it though. You got KZ:SF and maybe a couple 3rd party titles. Still not sure about the Indie games. XB1 has a lot more quality games to chose from. So I'll probably play that more then anything this year, as I wait patiently for Infamous SS.

KZ is zero chance of being delayed.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

I still have my pre-order, not sure if I'm going to bother getting one though. I canned my X1 pre-ordered about a month ago.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 John_Matherson
Member since 2013 • 2085 Posts

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

Who is cancelling preorders?

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

If they are maybe they preordered it awhile ago but now that it is getting close to launch date they don't think they will be able to afford the system because something might've came up.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

I haven't cancelled mine. It looks to be a great console (though now with a slower lift-off) so I still plan to grab it unless I need to redirect the funds to something more important before then.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@John_Matherson said:

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

Who is cancelling preorders?

Me.

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts

it's already paid for

i'm getting it

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

lulz, ps3 fanboys going into a panic over some dudes on a website saying they are cancelling a preorder.

cows are like jack lemmon in glengarry glen ross.

every missed sale is a panic invoking situation.

the330and419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 the330and419
Member since 2013 • 245 Posts

I never preordered the overhyped ps4 to begin with. Knack is garbage, Killzone will be average, and even if driveclub came out on time, it would have sucked. Why sony didn't have gran turismo or the last of us as launch titles is beyond (which also sucks) me. Horrible launch and sony should be ashamed.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

i'm not cancelling i'm buying the ps4 because thats the natural progression, so i'm getting it because it's new tech, i'm sick of ps3 graphics now, i've seen the future, i want the new.

all this rubbish about faults and stuff, i got a ps3 at launch and 2 months ago the blu ray drive failed, my ps2 from launch still works now. my xbox 360 lasted 6months from launch, so ps4 is a given for me.

i think watchdogs delay is a massive blow for both systems to be honest there isn't much at launch to begin with on either which really interest, luckily i'm a fifa fan and i'm holding out for it on next gen, nba 2k14 looks pretty good, so may get that but hey i'll have a new console the few free to play games to try out, games on ps+ so that will tie me over

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

Buying a new consoles at launch is usually fail .

You get to choose from a very small selection varying from turds to crap at a premium price, and once they find out about all the hardware probs they take care of them in the first revision after about six months .

Congrats, we that wait a little couldn't survive without you crash and burn test pilots .

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

$400 is a lot to drop right now, and I still have a lot of PS3 games to finish.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

I cancelled my pre-order because I don't want a paperweight that will force me to pay to play online and that will offer absolutely no backward compatibility either.

I don't give a fuk about yearly releases like Madden, NFL let alone COD. Every launch title (including the ones on the Xbox) feel like a bunch of unfinished games just for the sake of arriving on time for launch. I think I can wait for better games and until Sony improves the obligatory annoyances of a new console release through some updates. And not to mention more and cheaper games by the end of 2014.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

Who is?

I'm locked and loaded baby

PS4TrumpsXbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By PS4TrumpsXbox1
Member since 2013 • 1371 Posts

I dont really see DC being delayed as that a big deal anyways, dont get me wrong I think the idea of it and the game looks good but I was never planning on buying because of the ps plus edition being free. And watchdogs is a game that will be on current gen systems so thats not that big a deal either, if people want games to play there are plenty multiplats to play on PS4 (AC4, lego marvel, COD, all the sports games etc....) I want the system cuz I guess Im impatient and want it as soon as possible and because it seems like after launch it will be unavailable to about March or so... Also resogun looks amazing

HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 HaRmLeSS_RaGe
Member since 2012 • 1330 Posts

no games :(

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

why preorder a launch console in the first place?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Usual Suspects Thread #83673298 salting the earth with Lem tears. Uhh, no one gives a shit about the pretend preorders you are cancelling. Last gen was 8 long years of DX9 era hardware. People are moving on and Sony cannot manufacture these things fast enough. Those are the #Truthfacts so #Dealwithit.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#45  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

A few less reasons to own one is certainly justification enough to cancel a preorder if one doesn't find it worth the investment anymore. Who are you to tell other people what they should find of value?

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#46 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

I don't.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

Only lems are canceling their imaginary PS4 preorders. PS4 has over 1 million preorders, far higher than XBone preorders, lems are just gonna have to deal with it.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By k2theswiss

@lostrib said:

why preorder a launch console in the first place?

why not? If you see something that interest you, Wouldn't you get it?

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 k2theswiss

@I_can_haz said:

Only lems are canceling their imaginary PS4 preorders. PS4 has over 1 million preorders, far higher than XBone preorders, lems are just gonna have to deal with it.

What you going have to deal with is no prove.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Douevenlift_bro said:

Who is?

I'm locked and loaded baby

Of course you are. you, I_can_haz and Krelian-co are the biggest bias trolling cows on SW. If it was $1000 you would still be getting it. Sony said they want their @ss back.