Why are there so many Sony doom and gloom articles?

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by crusadernm (1609 posts) -

What is making people assume that Sony or Playstation won't survive in the future.

#2 Posted by Riverwolf007 (24187 posts) -

holy crap, you been in a coma for 8 months?

i have not seen any sony is dooOOooOOmed threads in forever.

right now the future is rosy and sony guys have confidently predicted the ps4 will sell 100 million units by the 3rd year and ms executives will be eating out of the macdonalds dumpster by this xmas.

#3 Posted by Heil68 (46752 posts) -
unadulterated butt hurt.
#4 Posted by 2_Quiet_2_Riot (725 posts) -

unadulterated butt hurt. Heil68

#5 Posted by psymon100 (6835 posts) -

People write them and then they hit post. 

Oh wait, that's the answer to 'how'. Sorry man, don't know the why. 

#6 Posted by jimmypsn (4425 posts) -

Stock is in the toilet.  Stock was near 150-200 in 2001.  Now its 14 dollars and some change.  Its rated Junk status by investors everywhere.  Sony has resorted to selling real estate to make a profit.  They are losing money left and right.  They sold lots of their lcd factories and are struggling to survive.

#7 Posted by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

[QUOTE="Heil68"]unadulterated butt hurt. 2_Quiet_2_Riot

#8 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
Lems love to write about their dreams and fantasies to the world
#9 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (17287 posts) -

What is making people assume that Sony or Playstation won't survive in the future.

crusadernm

Not me. In fact, I'm more upbeat about the PS4 than with the PS3 before it released.

#10 Posted by Obviously_Right (5320 posts) -

[QUOTE="2_Quiet_2_Riot"]

[QUOTE="Heil68"]unadulterated butt hurt. I_can_haz

#11 Posted by jimmypsn (4425 posts) -

Well I'm asking the more rational and intelligent cows if they exist.  Is Sony struggling?

#12 Posted by j_assassin (933 posts) -
Havent seen much sony doom thread recently, but lems sure do love to talk about sony's stock instead of talking about games on a gaming forum, heck they dont even talk about ps3 sales anymore,
#13 Posted by jimmypsn (4425 posts) -
Havent seen much sony doom thread recently, but lems sure do love to talk about sony's stock instead of talking about games on a gaming forum, heck they dont even talk about ps3 sales anymore, j_assassin
I can talk about Sony's games too. Why did they release Killzone and Infamous for PS4. Don't they know those Ips are considered mediocre by the gaming consensus. They should have focused on getting the next metal gear exclusive or something.
#14 Posted by egger7577 (605 posts) -

right now the future is rosy and sony guys have confidently predicted the ps4 will sell 100 million units by the 3rd year and ms executives will be eating out of the macdonalds dumpster by this xmas.

Riverwolf007

Source? The PS3 hasn't even reached that number yet and it took the PS2 around 6 years. The Wii just surpassed it and it's been around about 6 years.

#15 Posted by crusadernm (1609 posts) -

I just assume they are on the rebound right now.

#16 Posted by Frostbite24 (4534 posts) -

Actually haven't seen one in a while but thank you for bringing the topic back up...:|

#17 Posted by wasted_wisdom (1767 posts) -
[QUOTE="j_assassin"]Havent seen much sony doom thread recently, but lems sure do love to talk about sony's stock instead of talking about games on a gaming forum, heck they dont even talk about ps3 sales anymore, jimmypsn
I can talk about Sony's games too. Why did they release Killzone and Infamous for PS4. Don't they know those Ips are considered mediocre by the gaming consensus. They should have focused on getting the next metal gear exclusive or something.

And I suppose halo 10 and gears 5 are higher than average games? Lol it's becoming more difficult to take you lems seriously these days. BANDAID FOR BUTTHURT
#18 Posted by lx_theo (6211 posts) -

Well I'm asking the more rational and intelligent cows if they exist.  Is Sony struggling?

jimmypsn
Not in the gaming sector. Oh, was that not the answer you wanted?
#19 Posted by jimmypsn (4425 posts) -
Havent seen much sony doom thread recently, but lems sure do love to talk about sony's stock instead of talking about games on a gaming forum, heck they dont even talk about ps3 sales anymore, j_assassin
Its because there were so many doom and gloom articles. That cows were crying to the mods so much about this. Mods then instituted a rule on system wars that you couldn't post unless you were level 10. I was here when that happened. It was so lame how cows couldn't man up that time.
#20 Posted by j_assassin (933 posts) -
[QUOTE="j_assassin"]Havent seen much sony doom thread recently, but lems sure do love to talk about sony's stock instead of talking about games on a gaming forum, heck they dont even talk about ps3 sales anymore, jimmypsn

Thats much better, lets talk about all the different varieties of exclusive games on playstation :) infamous is fresh and have a chance of redeeming itself, even though i thought the sequel is much better than the first, but killzone is just another fps thats always gonna be under the shadow of cod and halo
#21 Posted by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

Actually haven't seen one in a while but thank you for bringing the topic back up...:|

Frostbite24
:) I love your sig.
#22 Posted by RyanShazam (6498 posts) -

Why are there so many Nintendo doom threads?

#23 Posted by jimmypsn (4425 posts) -
[QUOTE="jimmypsn"][QUOTE="j_assassin"]Havent seen much sony doom thread recently, but lems sure do love to talk about sony's stock instead of talking about games on a gaming forum, heck they dont even talk about ps3 sales anymore, j_assassin

Thats much better, lets talk about all the different varieties of exclusive games on playstation :) infamous is fresh and have a chance of redeeming itself, even though i thought the sequel is much better than the first, but killzone is just another fps thats always gonna be under the shadow of cod and halo

Infamous fresh? Were you taken in by that crappy announcement. The one with the infamous developer was reminiscing about his times during a protest. LOL
#24 Posted by lx_theo (6211 posts) -
[QUOTE="jimmypsn"][QUOTE="j_assassin"][QUOTE="jimmypsn"] I can talk about Sony's games too. Why did they release Killzone and Infamous for PS4. Don't they know those Ips are considered mediocre by the gaming consensus. They should have focused on getting the next metal gear exclusive or something.

Infamous fresh? Were you taken in by that crappy announcement. The one with the infamous developer was reminiscing about his times during a protest. LOL

You... You think that even connects to this line of discussion? In any way at all? :lol:
#25 Posted by Riverwolf007 (24187 posts) -

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

egger7577

Source? The PS3 hasn't even reached that number yet and it took the PS2 around 6 years. The Wii just surpassed it and it's been around about 6 years.

hmmmm.... i would have thought the eating out of dumpsters part would have given away the sarcastic  nature of that post.

that was NOT in fact a statement for which i put in research i'm very sorry i mislead you with my tricksiness.

#26 Posted by Miketheman83 (3156 posts) -
The TC was talking about articles not threads. There are a lot of Sony doom articles because they are in serious financial trouble.
#27 Posted by fernandmondego_ (3170 posts) -

Stock is in the toilet.  Stock was near 150-200 in 2001.  Now its 14 dollars and some change.  Its rated Junk status by investors everywhere.  Sony has resorted to selling real estate to make a profit.  They are losing money left and right.  They sold lots of their lcd factories and are struggling to survive.

jimmypsn

It's not to make a profit, it's for cash flow as their credit rating makes it unreasonable for them to borrow cash.

#28 Posted by jimmypsn (4425 posts) -

[QUOTE="jimmypsn"]

fernandmondego_

It's not to make a profit, it's for cash flow as their credit rating makes it unreasonable for them to borrow cash.

You can look at their profits over the last 10 years too if you wish. You'd find nothing different.
#29 Posted by Frostbite24 (4534 posts) -
[QUOTE="Frostbite24"]

I_can_haz
:) I love your sig.

You disgust me...:P
#30 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
because strongdeadlift
#31 Posted by Samus3D (1808 posts) -

So many? They've been all pro Sony. Think about how it is with Nintendo and Wii U.

#32 Posted by Samus3D (1808 posts) -
[QUOTE="jimmypsn"][QUOTE="j_assassin"]Havent seen much sony doom thread recently, but lems sure do love to talk about sony's stock instead of talking about games on a gaming forum, heck they dont even talk about ps3 sales anymore, j_assassin

Nobody asked for a new Infamous or Killzone or really cares. Killzone is a franchise where the first game sucked, the second got praise for graphics, and the third just sat there unnoticed. Infamous is not a heavy hitting franchise either.
#33 Posted by lild1425 (6757 posts) -

Sony has the brightest future when it comes to what I want no matter what their 10-K says.

#34 Posted by Nonstop-Madness (9493 posts) -

Stock is in the toilet. 

Not really. Sony's actually currently undervalued. 

Stock was near 150-200 in 2001. 

It was called the Internet Bubble + Sony's glory days. 

Now its 14 dollars and some change.

$15.56 as of right now. 39% increase in the last 3 months. Not to mention http://seekingalpha.com/currents/post/785071

Its rated Junk status by investors everywhere.

As far as I know, only by Fitch, and it was only their bond credit rating; has nothing to do with what investors think of the stock. 

Sony has resorted to selling real estate to make a profit. 

Its to generate cash flow. Selling real estate doesn't directly contribute to your revenue on the books.   

They are losing money left and right.

Q3 2011 - $2B Loss , Q3 2012 - $198M Loss. They are also expected to make a profit this year. 

They sold lots of their lcd factories and are struggling to survive.

Off load assets to generate cash flow and free up new manufacturing agreements.

Sony is not struggling to survive. They are struggling to keep up with what people expect from them. 

jimmypsn

#35 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (5740 posts) -

unadulterated butt hurt. Heil68

#36 Posted by Zaibach (13463 posts) -

[QUOTE="I_can_haz"][QUOTE="2_Quiet_2_Riot"]

Obviously_Right

#37 Posted by wakefulness (3989 posts) -

Game bloggers gotta eat!

#38 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

Hi, welcome to System Wars. How are you today?

#40 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

[QUOTE="Heil68"]unadulterated butt hurt. Stringerboy

That term is really starting to get stale, it's become overused to the point of insanity.

What hasn't?

#41 Posted by epicgameplayer (882 posts) -
If you look at the bottom of this web site, you will see cbs owns these forums, and Microsoft owns cbs Main stream gaming media in America are Microsoft shill sell outs Thats one thing that is obvious, and that you need to know So there's your answer why Microsoft is truly one of the most corrupt and shady corps out there, and they have their filthy tenticles reaching into more places then you would think We as real gamers must slice those Microsoft tentacles in half We as gamers have an obligation to cut off Microsoft's strangle hold on American gaming media If you are a real gamer, then you have to support Sony - who supports core gamers like you and I, Other wise gaming will turn to sh!t with Microsoft running it all into the ground! Dont allow yourself to be brain washed by all these Sony doom and gloom articles Dont listen to "reviewers" who thrash PS3 exclusives in scores. They are being paid off to do so SO DISREGARD their phoney "opinions" Dont listen to the vocal minority of forum lemTROLLS or geeks who complain about playstation exclusives etc Always use your own mind, think for yourself, play the games, and come to your own conclusions If you are a real core gamer, keep in mind that Sony is the only one who supports the core gamer
#42 Posted by HaloPimp978 (7329 posts) -

Somebody has been sleeping under a rock or maybe your just a desperate for attention.

#43 Posted by epicgameplayer (882 posts) -
[QUOTE="epicgameplayer"]If you look at the bottom of this web site, you will see cbs owns these forums, and Mcrosoft owns cbs Main stream gaming media in America are Microsoft shill sell outs Thats one thing that is obvious, and that you need to know So there's your answer why Microsoft is truly one of the most corrupt and shady corps out there, and they have their filthy tenticles reaching into more places then you would think We as real gamers must slice those Microsoft tentacles in half We as gamers have an obligation to cut off Microsoft's strangle hold on American gaming media If you are a real gamer, then you have to support Sony - who supports core gamers like you and I, Other wise gaming will turn to sh!t with Microsoft running it all into the ground! Dont allow yourself to be brain washed by all these Sony doom and gloom articles Dont listen to "reviewers" who thrash PS3 exclusives in scores. They are being paid off to do so. Dont listen to the vocal minority of forum geeks who complain about playstation exclusives etc Always use your own mind, think for yourself, play the games, and come to your own conclusions If you are a real core gamer, keep in mind that Sony is the only one who supports the core gamer

Edit, Sony has been more agressive against Microsoft I like that But I really want to see Sony attack Microsoft head on and truly annihilate Microsoft with their own tactics Microsoft needs a taste of their own "medicine" As a real gamer, I will do my part though, and I will never ever support Microsoft or buy a product from Microsoft ever again
#44 Posted by psymon100 (6835 posts) -

[QUOTE="epicgameplayer"]If you look at the bottom of this web site, you will see cbs owns these forums, and Microsoft owns cbs Main stream gaming media in America are Microsoft shill sell outs Thats one thing that is obvious, and that you need to know So there's your answer why Microsoft is truly one of the most corrupt and shady corps out there, and they have their filthy tenticles reaching into more places then you would think We as real gamers must slice those Microsoft tentacles in half We as gamers have an obligation to cut off Microsoft's strangle hold on American gaming media If you are a real gamer, then you have to support Sony - who supports core gamers like you and I, Other wise gaming will turn to sh!t with Microsoft running it all into the ground! Dont allow yourself to be brain washed by all these Sony doom and gloom articles Dont listen to "reviewers" who thrash PS3 exclusives in scores. They are being paid off to do so. Dont listen to the vocal minority of forum geeks who complain about playstation exclusives etc Always use your own mind, think for yourself, play the games, and come to your own conclusions If you are a real core gamer, keep in mind that Sony is the only one who supports the core gamerepicgameplayer
Edit, The thing is, I want to see Sony start to fight back against Microsoft I want Sony to annihilate Microsoft with their own tactics Come on Sony, burn Microsoft to the ground with their own tactics Give Microsoft a taste of their own flith As a real gamer, I will never ever support Microsoft or buy a product from Microsoft ever again

Your posts resemble the style of a banned user, Brofists. Also, Hardmicro. 

#45 Posted by nextgenjoke (1676 posts) -

Because doom4 on ps4

#46 Posted by OldSnakePS3 (306 posts) -

ps4 damage control from haters :lol:

they know sonys not fvckin around next gen and are gonna dominate ala the ps2 days 

#47 Posted by epicgameplayer (882 posts) -

ps4 damage control from haters :lol:

they know sonys not fvckin around next gen and are gonna dominate ala the ps2 days 

OldSnakePS3
This times a million:) You know Microsoft and their xbots are mad worried lol! You can just tell by the epic amounts of damage controlling that has been going on since the PS4 was revealed! The PS4 is going to be huge! You can just feel the vibe in the air While Microsoft is doing everything wrong (little to no exclusives, extortion online fees, kinect focus, weak hardware etc) Sony is doing everything right Sony made sure that the PS4 was built by game makers for gamers, and that is an awesome thing:) The PS4 is the gamers consoles! It will be the most powerful and wholey efficient console of next gen by significant margins. It will also be very easy to develope for, so that will be a great thing, which ensures third party support from the beginning Not to forget, the PS4 has such a sexy controller, and it will have ground breaking social features that are SPECIFIC TO GAMING (no gimicks) The PS4 is ging to simply be awesome! I really cant wait for it! Like i said, you can just feel the vibe in that air, that the PS4 is going to be something special, and will likely be the PS2 of our time! Also, Sony and their stellar fisrt parties have always provided the goods for core gamers, and by the looks of it, they will continue to do so in surplus for the PS4! But for some reason Sony would never really go after M$ So im really loving this new agressive Sony, who has love for the core gamer, but who is now going to go after M$! Its true that Sony aint playing around this time, and they fully intend to win next gen! Microsoft and the gaming media they own are sweating, panicking, and are damage controlling out of desperation....and I love it! Ive always wanted somebody to give M$ a taste of their own medicine! Sony with the core gamers behind them are going to smite the delusional corporate fatcats at M$ once and for all. Here is hoping, right But one thing is for sure, M$ doesn't get gaming! Sony does! M$ is run by a bunch of corporate tools in 3 piece suites whom are oblivious to reality and what the people want! Sony knows what we want and are delivering the goods to us! I encourage you guys to just look at the current vice president of M$, and read some of his interviews. The luls will ensue. Phil Spencer is delusional, and the thing is, he is not even the worst guy at M$ Pathetic! Microsoft will fail miserably trying to chase the Wii's pot of causual gold
#48 Posted by Lotus-Edge (50439 posts) -

[QUOTE="I_can_haz"][QUOTE="2_Quiet_2_Riot"]unadulterated butt hurt

Obviously_Right

#49 Posted by AM-Gamer (5122 posts) -

jimmypsn

Its Junk status by one investor firm :|

The stock has gone up 30% in 2013

#50 Posted by timbers_WSU (6076 posts) -

All I ever see are XBOX sucks and Wii U is dead threads.