Why are so many games skipped for wiiU?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Manservice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 Manservice
Member since 2013 • 30 Posts
Because Nintendo needs third-party developers, but third-party developers don't need Nintendo. Basically, some devs don't think they'd make much profit from a console with such a (currently) low install base.
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

Because Nintendo needs third-party developers, but third-party developers don't need Nintendo. Basically, some devs don't think they'd make much profit from a console with such a (currently) low install base.Manservice
Thanks looks like someon fianlly answer my squestion.

bowserjr123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#203 bowserjr123
Member since 2006 • 2478 Posts

Let's see:

-Weak hardware that is a generation old

-Not many people have a Wii U

-The Wii U has a different demographic

-There isn't much of a point in making multiplats for it if so many people have a 360/PS3 already

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#204 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9527 Posts

The WiiU will gain steam as time progresses. More and more third party devs will jump onboard once some of the bigger Nintendo exclusives release and WiiU console sales skyrocket. Yes, even EA. Just watch and learn... The force is strong with me.. lol

Although the WiiU will probably never reach Wii status, Nintendo is setting themselves up to crap all over the industry and serve everybody a double helping of crow. Do I own a WiiU yet? No. However, when some of those Nintendo IP's start dropping just watch how fast these haters get onboard the Nintraindo... lol *yes I know.. poor analogy* lmao

I will purchase a WiiU just like everyone else... don't lie to yourselves. We are just waiting for a price drop and a few bigger games. Hell, everybody I know friends, family, online friends, etc. etc. have already told me that they agree with me, and they are just waiting. See, Nintendo is STILL making profits even with poor WiiU sales. They are NOT in a position of panic. They probably wish they had released the console a couple months later however to allow time for some of the bigger IP's to get closer to production.

Once a few million more consoles sell, third party will increase. Seeing as though it is inevitable that a few blockbusters are not looming that far out on the horizon, I think it will be much sooner than a lot of people think.

Do not worry... soon the market will be flooded with tablet WiiU shovelware and people will be crying "what happened to Nintendo quality." lol

Sometimes a company like Nintendo just can't win the gossip wars. However I fully expect them to have a large library even if 80% of the games are not worth playing like the Wii. For someone like me, it is a win/win situation. A good sized library with plenty of collectability with some hidden gems and great games sprinkled in... hmmmmm... it's just the Nintendo way.. heh.

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

The WiiU will gain steam as time progresses. More and more third party devs will jump onboard once some of the bigger Nintendo exclusives release and WiiU console sales skyrocket. Yes, even EA. Just watch and learn... The force is strong with me.. lol

Although the WiiU will probably never reach Wii status, Nintendo is setting themselves up to crap all over the industry and serve everybody a double helping of crow. Do I own a WiiU yet? No. However, when some of those Nintendo IP's start dropping just watch how fast these haters get onboard the Nintraindo... lol *yes I know.. poor analogy* lmao

I will purchase a WiiU just like everyone else... don't lie to yourselves. We are just waiting for a price drop and a few bigger games. Hell, everybody I know friends, family, online friends, etc. etc. have already told me that they agree with me, and they are just waiting. See, Nintendo is STILL making profits even with poor WiiU sales. They are NOT in a position of panic. They probably wish they had released the console a couple months later however to allow time for some of the bigger IP's to get closer to production.

Once a few million more consoles sell, third party will increase. Seeing as though it is inevitable that a few blockbusters are not looming that far out on the horizon, I think it will be much sooner than a lot of people think.

Do not worry... soon the market will be flooded with tablet WiiU shovelware and people will be crying "what happened to Nintendo quality." lol

Sometimes a company like Nintendo just can't win the gossip wars. However I fully expect them to have a large library even if 80% of the games are not worth playing like the Wii. For someone like me, it is a win/win situation. A good sized library with plenty of collectability with some hidden gems and great games sprinkled in... hmmmmm... it's just the Nintendo way.. heh.

WitIsWisdom

So basically, as soon as more kids and families buy the Wii:U more, all will be back to normal right? gotcha.
No dev would downgrade a game and put it on the Wii:U unless its multiplatform.

Fact is, Wii:U is serverly underpowered, Developers are avoiding it, New Next Gen games are hardly appearing on it, and with new consoles on the horizon, why bother unless your into buying Nintendo games only and dont mind watered-down ports.

As a gamer, I can leave Wii:U behind because it is behind and play the best of gaming elsewhere because am missing out on nothing if I skip the Wii:U and spend the time I have elsewhere.

Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

Because sheep love the scent of Nintendo's ball musk too much to even think about other games.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#207 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

Because sheep love the scent of Nintendo's ball musk too much to even think about other games.

Rockman999

:lol:

Over 40% of the Wii games I own are third party games.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

[QUOTE="WitIsWisdom"]

g0ddyX

So basically, as soon as more kids and families buy the Wii:U more, all will be back to normal right? gotcha.

Fact is, Wii:U is serverly underpowered, Developers are avoiding it, New Next Gen games are hardly appearing on it, and with new consoles on the horizon, why bother unless your into buying Nintendo games only and dont mind watered-down ports.

As a gamer, I can leave Wii:U behind because it is behind and play the best of gaming elsewhere because am missing out on nothing if I skip the Wii:U and spend the time I have elsewhere.

Next-gen game are nonexistent on wii-u. Every single multi-plat announced for wii-u thus far all have one thing in common. They are all releasing on 360/ps3. Wii-U doesn't have a single next gen only multi-plat announced like witcher 3 or thief 4. If isn't coming to 360 or ps3, then it ain't coming to wii-u. 

Also, what is up with this small userbase DC? PS4 is getting more announcements and the system isn't even out yet. These sheep are delusional...

Rockman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Rockman999
Member since 2005 • 7507 Posts

[QUOTE="Rockman999"]

super600

That's cute.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

WitIsWisdom

url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&docid=a96xp1A

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 WitIsWisdom

[QUOTE="WitIsWisdom"]

g0ddyX

red= Yeah that's right. That is the way things work. Just take a look at the PS3 for reference.

orange= That doesn't even make any sense. Why would a dev need to downgrade a game if it was not a multiplat? lol

Exclusive games do not need downgraded, so, where are you trying to go with this?

magenta= The WiiU is not severly underpowered. Compared to what? Consoles that have not released yet? lol... that isn't how it works either kid... The WiiU will pick up momentum AFTER some big exclusives are released. Why would smaller 3rd party companies hurt their chances at having low sales with a small install base? The WiiU will be the cheapest console to make games on.

green= Yes, you would be missing out on something. The games for the WiiU. If you do not care, then that is fine... however it doesn't mean you are not missing out on them.

Nice try, but your points are invalid.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 WitIsWisdom

[QUOTE="g0ddyX"]

[QUOTE="WitIsWisdom"]

MFDOOM1983

Next-gen game are nonexistent on wii-u. Every single multi-plat announced for wii-u thus far all have one thing in common. They are all releasing on 360/ps3. Wii-U doesn't have a single next gen only multi-plat announced like witcher 3 or thief 4. If isn't coming to 360 or ps3, then it ain't coming to wii-u. 

Also, what is up with this small userbase DC? PS4 is getting more announcements and the system isn't even out yet. These sheep are delusional...

Wait... are you calling me a sheep? lmao That's cool man. So. lets go over the facts here. I disliked the Wii and I do not own a WiiU. Which I already stated in this thread. I also own a PS3, 360, and a gaming PC. I have not liked a Nintendo console since the SNES and I am a game collector that enjoys games on all consoles throughout the history of gaming. I'm not a "fanboy" or any kind of "animal" you kids use here on this site. Other than maybe a Manticore... one of the few. I come here for a few laughs and you provided me one. Thank you :) Yeah, I'd say you have me pinpointed pretty closely though... heh
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Jankarcop

[QUOTE="Rockman999"]

super600

Dolphin doesn't count.  Sheep can't see past SD.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#214 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="Rockman999"]

Jankarcop

:|

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Jankarcop

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

[QUOTE="super600"]

super600

:|

tom-cruise-sunglasses.gif