Why are people so jelly of Star Citizen?

• 143 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@deathlordcrime said:

@oflow: Because they don't know that most people will not have 1000 dollars worth of ships and people who pledge the game already spent a decent amount of money. A least they aren't selling game currency when the game launches.

Actually, they will be selling currency, in fact if they stick to the original plan all they will sell is currency, though there are plans to cap how much you can buy each week/month. This has always been a thing since the game was announced and the crowdfunding started, it's how C.I.G. plan to fund the continual development of the game.

If you ask me it's better that a developer sells in game money than a Chinese gold farmer, because if they don't the gold farmers certainly will.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@deathlordcrime said:

@oflow: Because they don't know that most people will not have 1000 dollars worth of ships and people who pledge the game already spent a decent amount of money. A least they aren't selling game currency when the game launches.

sorry matey, have to burst your bubble.

CiG are selling currency after release, limited ammounts ... just not ships.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

The hate! lol thead can't even make it to page 2. Remembers back to last E3, If this were UC4 we were talking about this thread would already be pushing 9+ pages. No one gives a flying **** about this microtransaction hell game PC gamers are fapping about that doesn't even have a proper release date.

People just laugh at how desperate PC fanboys are when they finally get a decent looking exclusive since they can't accept any valid criticism without going ape shit crazy. Proof in this thread that any one who doesn't say that everything is absolutely peaches and cream concerning this lonely TBA PC exclusive get attracted by by foaming at the mouth pc drones. Where are all these "jelly threads" herms keep talking about?

Haha don't make me go pull that UC4 thread from last E3, then we would see what jelly truly looks like and it isn't coming from console gamers.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

The hate! lol thead can't even make it to page 2. Remembers back to last E3, If this were UC4 we were talking about this thread would already be pushing 9+ pages. No one gives a flying **** about this microtransaction hell game PC gamers are fapping about that doesn't even have a proper release date.

People just laugh at how desperate PC fanboys are when they finally get a decent looking exclusive since they can't accept any valid criticism without going ape shit crazy. Proof in this thread that any one who doesn't say that everything is absolutely peaches and cream concerning this lonely TBA PC exclusive get attracted by by foaming at the mouth pc drones. Where are all these "jelly threads" herms keep talking about?

Haha don't make me go pull that UC4 thread from last E3, then we would see what jelly truly looks like and it isn't coming from console gamers.

So where were you on all those threads showing of star citizen? I'm sure that E3 thread had a bunch of comments from you

ABtoxin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By ABtoxin
Member since 2014 • 438 Posts

Sorry but the only place ppl can try to hate on SC is if there a thread that spread misinformation about the game.

@kinectthedots said:

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#56 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

They can't handle the fact PC is likely going to be getting the best game the gaming world has seen in a very long time.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By waahahah
Member since 2014 • 2462 Posts

@magicalclick: Games like x3 aren't too big for a casual crowd, they are designed with tons of cumbersome game play mechanics and require a huge time investment because of that. Its a good example of when everyone on the team forgot to design a human interface. The game is also extremely slow, and the solution is to speed it up but causes ships to fly into asteriods.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By kinectthedots

@TheFadeForever said:
@kinectthedots said:

So where were you on all those threads showing of star citizen? I'm sure that E3 thread had a bunch of comments from you

I commented on a few threads but when people say hate it's funny because most of the time I see comments that PC fanboys flip out over are actually pretty good doubts or points of criticism that hold some sort of factual reference to point to. Contrary to SC, my UC4 example had no valid points of criticism to point to, only fanboy jabs and ignorant flame tags to try to undermine what was shown.

SC.

1. Timeline obscurity

2. Money hording

3. Microtransaction hell

4 Developer contradictions

a few issues I normally see brought up...

I haven't see anyone making negative comments about anything that looks good concerning the game, only things that actually appear to be real issues. That is not how one shows "jelly", it is simply not being "blind" and pretending everyone should accept issues as witlessly as PC fans appear to for THIS game.

NeoZod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By NeoZod
Member since 2015 • 74 Posts

@kinectthedots said:
@TheFadeForever said:
@kinectthedots said:

I commented on a few threads but when people say hate it's funny because most of the time I see comments that PC fanboys flip out over are actually pretty good doubts or points of criticism that hold some sort of factual reference to point to. Contrary to SC, my UC4 had no valid points of criticism except fanboy jabs and ignorant tags from past games that don't apply

SC.

1. Timeline obscurity

2. Money hording

3. Microtransaction hell

I haven't see anyone making negative comments about anything that looks good concerning the game, only things that actually appear to be real issues. That is not how one shows "jelly", it is simply not being "blind" and pretending everyone should accept the issues as witlessly PC fans appear to.

The game isn't fully released so there are no micro transaction and all the money they gotten are from the community because they liked the idea of purchasing ships. What contradiction? The only thing even legit is shift in release date which they changed because of larger budget to add the features they promise to the fans.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By TheFadeForever

I'll see you in the next star citizen gameplay demonstration thread. Everything bought up are on misinformed people.

Loading Video...
@kinectthedots said:
@TheFadeForever said:
@kinectthedots said:

I commented on a few threads but when people say hate it's funny because most of the time I see comments that PC fanboys flip out over are actually pretty good doubts or points of criticism that hold some sort of factual reference to point to. Contrary to SC, my UC4 example had no valid points of criticism to point to, only fanboy jabs and ignorant flame tags to try to undermine what was shown.

SC.

1. Timeline obscurity

2. Money hording

3. Microtransaction hell

I haven't see anyone making negative comments about anything that looks good concerning the game, only things that actually appear to be real issues. That is not how one shows "jelly", it is simply not being "blind" and pretending everyone should accept issues as witlessly as PC fans appear to for THIS game.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By kinectthedots

I don't care enough to research everything but I know people provided links to things they said and I clicked a few but I konw for certain SC has microtransactions because that was my contribution to the comments of people who didn't have unconditional praise for SC.

lol they have had people pay hundreds or dollars for a single ship lol dude if you don't like the word "micro" transactions I might be inclined to agree with you for SC because they are more like "MEGA"transactions lol.

@neozod said:
@kinectthedots said:
@TheFadeForever said:
@kinectthedots said:

I commented on a few threads but when people say hate it's funny because most of the time I see comments that PC fanboys flip out over are actually pretty good doubts or points of criticism that hold some sort of factual reference to point to. Contrary to SC, my UC4 had no valid points of criticism except fanboy jabs and ignorant tags from past games that don't apply

SC.

1. Timeline obscurity

2. Money hording

3. Microtransaction hell

I haven't see anyone making negative comments about anything that looks good concerning the game, only things that actually appear to be real issues. That is not how one shows "jelly", it is simply not being "blind" and pretending everyone should accept the issues as witlessly PC fans appear to.

The game isn't fully released so there are no micro transaction and all the money they gotten are from the community because they liked the idea of purchasing ships. What contradiction? The only thing even legit is shift in release date which they changed because of larger budget to add the features they promise to the fans.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By TheFadeForever

@kinectthedots said:

I don't care enough to research everything but I know people provided links to things they said and I clicked a few but I konw for certain they have microtransactions because that was my contribution to the comments of people who didn't have unconditional praise for SC.

lol they have had people pay hundreds or dollars for a single ship lol dude if you don't like the word "micro" transactions I might be inclined to agree with you for SC because they are more like "MEGA"transactions lol.

@neozod said:
@kinectthedots said:
@TheFadeForever said:

SC.

1. Timeline obscurity

2. Money hording

3. Microtransaction hell

Micro transaction in the game no different than what MGS V or other AAA games have but they will limit how much you can buy when it is released. Seems to me these people have a problem with others spending how much they want its there money their choice not CIG fault people spend money on their games.

NeoZod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By NeoZod
Member since 2015 • 74 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

I don't care enough to research everything but I know people provided links to things they said and I clicked a few but I konw for certain SC has microtransactions because that was my contribution to the comments of people who didn't have unconditional praise for SC.

@neozod said:
@kinectthedots said:
@TheFadeForever said:

SC.

1. Timeline obscurity

2. Money hording

3. Microtransaction hell

Sorry but they sell there ships in packages you honestly think that all they get? And far as I'm concern the community were supportive with them selling ships . The average pledge is around 100 dollars you can spend 45 dollars and get the whole game. Once the game comes out the will stop selling the ships.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

If microtransations is such a big deal to people why not create a server and only play with friends when the game is live? Or better yet just play the single player campaign?

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#65 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@lawlessx said:

If microtransations is such a big deal to people why not create a server and only play with friends when the game is live? Or better yet just play the single player campaign?

Because that would be too easy.

BlueEyedCasva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 BlueEyedCasva
Member since 2015 • 599 Posts

@lawlessx said:

Most people even complaining about it have no idea how it works and aren't backers of the game. CIG said they would limit the amount people can purchase it won't be any different than what other AAA games do.

robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#67 robokill
Member since 2007 • 1392 Posts

None of it matters because the core gameplay blows. Micro transactions or not the flying around shooting stuff part of the game looks like turd.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

What exactly is there to be 'jealous' of? Weird angle you've gone for there. I'm interested in it because I loved the Wing Commander games. If it's looking good close to release I'll buy it. I'm not sure where this 'jealous' of a videogame thing comes from (it doesn't even make sense) is this some kind of new thing from schoolkids? Whatever.

It looks great and sounds like it's all coming together. I'm a bit sceptical Roberts can turn the whole thing into a convincingly cohesive whole at the end of the day (he's had his howlers in the past) but the team is so big now there is enough creative talent flying around to make it all work.

We wait and see, in the meantime I'll try not to be 'jealous' lol.

ArunsunK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By ArunsunK
Member since 2014 • 335 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

1. Timeline obscurity

The timeline was adjusted from the delays long ago and the 2016/2017 still seems to be on track. Since the Squadron 42 release was just recently shown for 2016.

Other games that get similar delays don't get the 'vaporware'/'scam' treatment that SC has gotten. Elite Dangerous was delayed by 9 months and the infamous The Last Guardian has been what, 6-7 years? I don't remember ED getting blasted for missing its 'deadline' by a month unlike SC.

A 1 year delay currently for 2 games one of them being a massive MMO is in no way unexpected from anybody that has any inkling of the gaming industry's history.

Delays happen to games all the time even UC4 isn't immune to that, and you said UC4 had no valid criticism...

2. Money hording

Wasn't the new criticism that they were blowing money on AAA actors even though it was a promised stretch goal? Or that they are out of money and needed to be 'bailed out' (lol DS). Talk about a contradiction.

3. Microtransaction hell

And that is different than any other MMO how? Or are you trying to say Squadron 42 has micro-transactions? That would be incorrect and invalid just like the complaint.

Are you familiar with the fact that many of the higher priced previous packages included things like collector edition boxes and custom usb drives. How is paying 250 dollars for a collectors edition any different than a Halo 5 $250 collectors edition?

The claims that a single ship costs $10,000 is invalid criticism and that seems to be the common complaint based on invalid flyby fanboy information.

Like what specifically?

If the SC devs were not showing any progress or revealing new things then maybe the constant 'scam'/'vaporware' comments that people regurgitate from DS may hold validity but that is not the case. Those comments are not 'valid criticism' and deserve as much time as any hobo on the street.

BlueEyedCasva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By BlueEyedCasva

@blueinheaven said:

What exactly is there to be 'jealous' of? Weird angle you've gone for there. I'm interested in it because I loved the Wing Commander games. If it's looking good close to release I'll buy it. I'm not sure where this 'jealous' of a videogame thing comes from (it doesn't even make sense) is this some kind of new thing from schoolkids? Whatever.

It looks great and sounds like it's all coming together. I'm a bit sceptical Roberts can turn the whole thing into a convincingly cohesive whole at the end of the day (he's had his howlers in the past) but the team is so big now there is enough creative talent flying around to make it all work.

The fact that someone and even more here wanted the game to fail is a clear sign

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Jereb31
Member since 2015 • 2025 Posts

@kinectthedots said:
@TheFadeForever said:
@kinectthedots said:

SC.

1. Timeline obscurity

2. Money hording

3. Microtransaction hell

Yeah but your idea of "Valid Criticism" is different to what most of us consider valid criticism.

That last thread you were in you offered an opinion then got all angry when people didn't agree with your opinion.

But yeah, plenty of threads bagging SC whenever some bad press or bad info comes out. No different to any other game, plenty of that info tends to be nothing in the end.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56080 Posts

Microtransactions-are an easy way to exploit the human brain through psychology in order to get more money than through regular means. The whole "they're optional, you don't have to use them" excuses doesn't take into account that while our brains recognize that it takes self control to refrain from buying them, the part of our brain that governs that self control isn't consistent throughout. Over time continued exposure to the option of these microtransactions weakens our self control. So our urge to buy them is literally out of our control to an extent. Another psychological tactic used to manipulate people into spending money on Microtransactions includes giving them something free so they're ok with reciprocating that kindness, often with more money than that free thing would've cost (who wants free maps!?). Also, when using a currency people aren't familiar with they perceive it as having less value , as opposed to dollars, euros, or whatever that people perceive as having a higher value (wanna purchase some REQ points to get REQ packs?).

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By blueinheaven

@blueeyedcasva said:
@blueinheaven said:

The fact that someone here wanted the game to fail is a clear sign

A clear sign of what exactly? What insightful information are you gleaning from one person on the internet saying they want this game to fail?

The only people who care this game even exists are PC gamers, nobody else gives a damn. Console gamers will have no idea what it even is or who Chris Roberts is this is a PC franchise from long ago suddenly rejuvenated. People only talk about it on here because the PC forum is completely dead.

Trust me SC gets a really easy ride on here compared to the MASSIVE hate thrown at games like Halo and Uncharted from... wait for it... PC gamers.

BlueEyedCasva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By BlueEyedCasva

@blueinheaven said:
@blueeyedcasva said:
@blueinheaven said:

A clear sign of what exactly? What insightful information are you gleaning from one person on the internet saying they want this game to fail?

The only people who care this game even exists are PC gamers, nobody else gives a damn. Console gamers will have no idea what it even is or who Chris Roberts is this is a PC franchise from long ago suddenly rejuvenated. People only talk about it on here because the PC forum is completely dead.

Trust me SC gets a really easy ride on here compared to the MASSIVE hate thrown at games like Halo and Uncharted from... wait for it... PC gamers.

These were made in SW the fact that someone wants a game to fail shows how much the feel threaten by it and jealous of what the game can become. They only comment in negative thread about SC but never when the games get's showed off.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 blueinheaven

@blueeyedcasva said:
@blueinheaven said:
@blueeyedcasva said:
@blueinheaven said:

These were made in SW the fact that someone wants a game to fail shows how much the feel threaten by it and jealous of what the game can become. They only comment in negative thread about SC but never when the games get's showed off.

Honestly mate the fact you give a flying **** what one person thinks of SC tells me you have insecurity issues. Go and post on a SC forum if you can't bear to hear any negative comments about it. People will hate on ANY game in SW, regardless of what platform it's on.

BloodyTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 BloodyTides
Member since 2014 • 239 Posts

@blueeyedcasva said:
@blueinheaven said:
@blueeyedcasva said:
@blueinheaven said:

don't forget @Suppaman100 there reason he never has the balls to comment in star citizen videos anymore

BlueEyedCasva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By BlueEyedCasva

@blueinheaven said:
@blueeyedcasva said:
@blueinheaven said:
@blueeyedcasva said:

Honestly mate the fact you give a flying **** what one person thinks of SC tells me you have insecurity issues. Go and post on a SC forum if you can't bear to hear any negative comments about it. People will hate on ANY game in SW, regardless of what platform it's on.

You seem to care a lot what I think to even try to spin this off I'm certainly not constantly on forums trying to convince myself a game will fail so I'm insecure? And simply trying to prove a point yet your trying to defend these people so insecure much? BTW I got the screen from the 1st page from someone.

Now trying to convince yourself based off of ignorance and misleading knowledge that's screams insecurity.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 blueinheaven

@blueeyedcasva said:
@blueinheaven said:
@blueeyedcasva said:
@blueinheaven said:
@blueeyedcasva said:

You seem to care a lot what I think to even try to spin this off I'm certainly not constantly on forums trying to convince myself a game will fail so I'm insecure? And simply trying to prove a point yet your trying to defend these people so insecure much? BTW I got the screen from the 1st page from someone.

Who am I defending? Just making a point. The rest of your post, sorry, I doubt it made sense even to you so I have no chance.

BlueEyedCasva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By BlueEyedCasva

So these people aren't insecure and jelly when they want a game to fail?

@blueinheaven said:
@blueeyedcasva said:
@blueinheaven said:
@blueeyedcasva said:

Who am I defending? Just making a point. The rest of your post, sorry, I doubt it made sense even to you so I have no chance.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#80 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@davillain- said:

Microtransactions-are an easy way to exploit the human brain through psychology in order to get more money than through regular means. The whole "they're optional, you don't have to use them" excuses doesn't take into account that while our brains recognize that it takes self control to refrain from buying them, the part of our brain that governs that self control isn't consistent throughout. Over time continued exposure to the option of these microtransactions weakens our self control. So our urge to buy them is literally out of our control to an extent. Another psychological tactic used to manipulate people into spending money on Microtransactions includes giving them something free so they're ok with reciprocating that kindness, often with more money than that free thing would've cost (who wants free maps!?). Also, when using a currency people aren't familiar with they perceive it as having less value , as opposed to dollars, euros, or whatever that people perceive as having a higher value (wanna purchase some REQ points to get REQ packs?).

The difference with Star Citizen is that people are told, repeatedly, by C.I.G. not to buy anything unless they want to help fund the game's development and everything that is being sold, to fund the creation of the game, will be available in game with in game money, earned by playing the game. This is the only source of income they have, there are no investors and no publisher to fund it. Everything comes from crowdfunding.

The fact that they'll sell in game cash (UEC) means that they get the money from people who will inevitably buy UEC from the gold farmers if C.I.G. were not to sell it themselves. I don't see a problem with this.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By TheFadeForever

@blueinheaven: Calling someone insecure? Yet your post history reeks of that lol

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 blueinheaven

@TheFadeForever said:

@blueinheaven: Calling someone insecure? Yet your post history reeks of that lol Like when tried to argue a SC can't be in SW.

Could you possibly be more vague? What am I insecure about? I'm sure that post worked inside your head before you pressed the 'post' button.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By TheFadeForever

@blueinheaven said:
@TheFadeForever said:

@blueinheaven: Calling someone insecure? Yet your post history reeks of that lol Like when tried to argue a SC can't be in SW.

Could you possibly be more vague? What am I insecure about? I'm sure that post worked inside your head before you pressed the 'post' button.

Ok let me refresh memory you were whining about SC stuff (social module) being posted in SW yet why would you care about a thread created for one game that apparently doesn't belong in SW when many are created everyday regarding other games.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

It's a space sim...space sim's really aren't that much fun for the general gaming crowd, it's kind of a geeky niche crowd. Like Starcraft players or something. Mining, trading...etc, don't let the graphics fool you, if you aren't into other space sims then you won't be into this either. This isn't some Mass Effect, StarFox or Halo game, your ass is out there mining, traveling forever in space and dogfighting with Newtonian physics. Most fans just geek over the space ships and whatnot with a ridiculous amount of detail as they drool over blue prints and such.

Maybe the campaigns will be fun and action packed and can't be any worse than X: Reunion but I suspect it has similarities in which case I'll pass unless it has some decent NPC A.i. first person elements and ship battles that's all tightly focused and paced well.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 blueinheaven

@TheFadeForever said:
@blueinheaven said:
@TheFadeForever said:

Ok let me refresh memory you were whining about SC stuff (social module) being posted in SW yet why would you care what other people post when other games are posted here everyday. Not bothering trying to find the thread.

Yeah that was round the time Gamespot were running articles every single day about how much money SC had made as though that was the ONLY interesting thing about it and we should all somehow give a ****. Then some clown starts a thread in here doing the same thing. Now it seems the big thing about SC is nobody is allowed to show any sign of disinterest in the game despite the fact PC gamers are the most vitriolic and downright hateful on any game not released on PC.

Okay. I play on all platforms so I am not excluded from anything apart from Wii U but when you as a community show such open hatred for every other community yeah you're going to get a bit of it back and when you do you cry like little girls.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By TheFadeForever

@blueinheaven said:
@TheFadeForever said:
@blueinheaven said:
@TheFadeForever said:

Ok let me refresh memory you were whining about SC stuff (social module) being posted in SW yet why would you care what other people post when other games are posted here everyday. Not bothering trying to find the thread.

Yeah that was round the time Gamespot were running articles every single day about how much money SC had made as though that was the ONLY interesting thing about it and we should all somehow give a ****. Then some clown starts a thread in here doing the same thing. Now it seems the big thing about SC is nobody is allowed to show any sign of disinterest in the game despite the fact PC gamers are the most vitriolic and downright hateful on any game not released on PC.

Okay. I play on all platforms so I am not excluded from anything apart from Wii U but when you as a community show such open hatred for every other community yeah you're going to get a bit of it back and when you do you cry like little girls.

It was a thread talking about the social module going live nothing to do with the money SC try again next time.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

I don't see any jealous comments. PC gaming has been hitting a stride over the last few years with all the graphics comparisons, etc--in that websites point out the blatant advantages the pc can offer with a little more money spent. People obviously want the best quality in terms of fidelity, as evident by ps4 destroying the competition. With that said and as this era moves forward, many console gamers will likely make the jump to pc in some fashion.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Jereb31

@blueinheaven said:
@blueeyedcasva said:
@blueinheaven said:

*Ahem*

http://gamingbolt.com/15-reasons-why-star-citizen-needs-to-launch-on-ps4-and-xbox-one

Plenty of articles asking why it isn't being developed for console. The answer given back is they just couldn't handle it. This game is aiming for next gen ie. what will be in PC's at the time this is released won't be able to max it out. But that's the point, give the game further lifespan by having graphics that get better with time built right in. This is a concept unique to the PC and consoles have copied by HD editions etc. Not that some games on PC don't have them to, but they are usually quite old, not a year old.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@jereb31 said:
@blueinheaven said:
@blueeyedcasva said:
@blueinheaven said:

*Ahem*

http://gamingbolt.com/15-reasons-why-star-citizen-needs-to-launch-on-ps4-and-xbox-one

Plenty of articles asking why it isn't being developed for console. The answer given back is they just couldn't handle it. This game is aiming for next gen ie. what will be PC's when released won't be able to max it out. But that's the point, give the game further lifespan by having graphics that get better with time built right in. This is a concept unique to the PC and consoles have copied by HD editions etc. Not that some games on PC don't have them to, but they are usually quite old, not a year old.

If the Star Citizen name becomes worth enough money I still would not be surprised if Microsoft buys out the property.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 blueinheaven

@jereb31 said:
@blueinheaven said:
@blueeyedcasva said:
@blueinheaven said:

*Ahem*

Plenty of articles asking why it isn't being developed for console. The answer given back is they just couldn't handle it. This game is aiming for next gen ie. what will be PC's when released won't be able to max it out. But that's the point, give the game further lifespan by having graphics that get better with time built right in. This is a concept unique to the PC and consoles have copied by HD editions etc. Not that some games on PC don't have them to, but they are usually quite old, not a year old.

Stupid articles IMO. They obviously don't know the history Chris Roberts had with PC. I bought a Roland sound card to play Wing Commander it was cutting edge at the time (i.e. it didn't sound like a really annoying bleep from the PC) and the Amiga 500 was STILL way ahead no matter how much money you spent on your PC. Yet he kept trying. He pioneered the notion of cutting edge games on PC. He also made what the clowns on here berate console games for, movie games, ON PC long before anyone else even though of doing it.

Now here we are after all this time and he is pushing the PC to its limits again even with today's technology. Anyone with half a clue what he is about would never ask why it's not coming to consoles. Or they could just read the fucking specs, lazy ass losers. I hope it works out for him. I'm worried though that they seem to be trying to include every genre in this one game. No need for it but they have so much money they probably feel they need to justify it in the end product. If anything makes this game suffer, that will be it.

ArunsunK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 ArunsunK
Member since 2014 • 335 Posts

@Heirren:

I wonder if Chris Roberts would ever even consider that with what Microsoft did the last time they acquired a CR company. They sold off and killed IPs and eventually shut down the company. I wouldn't be surprised if CR still has some resentment towards Microsoft over that.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

Because most massively hyped games under-deliver. Any game that is pushing technical feats over great gameplay is bound to fail in my book. When I played Crysis for the first time on PC I was dumbfounded that there are people who think this game is actually good.

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By CroidX
Member since 2013 • 1561 Posts

CIG do not have publisher so they have more freedom to add what they want a publisher would strip features and rush development. Didn't Destiny have a huge budget yet look how it turned out for the game.

@deathlordcrime Those jelly are the ones that are afraid of the game succeeding.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

@TheFadeForever:

Lol when he called a 6million sales game niche and "NO ONE CARES" as actual arguments against PC games.

Fucking terrible.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#95 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

When its an exclusive and not a yearly release like all the big-name games, and taking its time with development, people love to talk shit.

I'm sorry you all have grown accustomed to watered-down yearly installments of low quality, but don't hate on a game made by industry veterans that is doing the thing right.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts
@Ghost120x said:

Because most massively hyped games under-deliver. Any game that is pushing technical feats over great gameplay is bound to fail in my book. When I played Crysis for the first time on PC I was dumbfounded that there are people who think this game is actually good.

haven't kept track don't care for space sims

but from what I remember biggest complaint was similar to Destiny. Sc is doing too much and when game gets release it will appear broken as a game of this magnitude takes YEARS to make not 1 or 2 so der u go, but zealots will probably give him 200m by then and the fact they honestly think every penny is going into the game is ludicrous.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Jereb31

@Heirren said:
@jereb31 said:
@blueinheaven said:
@blueeyedcasva said:
@blueinheaven said:

*Ahem*

If the Star Citizen name becomes worth enough money I still would not be surprised if Microsoft buys out the property.

Depends if they want to sell or not, it's not like it's a publicly listed company that they can just buy the majority shares of.

If I was Chris and was already wealthy and comfortable, i'd probably be aiming to turn the success of SC (assuming success) into another publisher to compete with EA.

mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts

Many of the jealousy stems from very petty reasons, as stupid as just because they hate certain users of System Wars or on some gaming forums.

The biggest loser is of course, Mr Derek Smart himself, who has a long running grudge against CR, although ultimately he fail to realise any pblicity is good publicity, judging that the citizen and pledge numbers are increasing steadily even with the negative hype surrounding SC the past few months.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

The game just doesn't look all that, especially compared to the upcoming new games such as Horizon, UC4, Far cry Primal, FF XV, Quantum Break and Quantic Dream's new game which is about to destroy every hermits in existence in a few days. SC in its current state might be the king in indie games but next to major AAA budget titles it's insignificant. It's hardly garnering any attention in the main stream and we're not even talking about how buggy, content starved it would be when Squadron 42 gets released first. It's not that people are jealous, it just doesn't inspire much confident in its current state.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@gpuking said:

The game just doesn't look all that, especially compared to the upcoming new games such as Horizon, UC4, Far cry Primal, FF XV, Quantum Break and Quantic Dream's new game which is about to destroy every hermits in existence in a few days. SC in its current state might be the king in indie games but next to major AAA budget titles it's insignificant. It's hardly garnering any attention in the main stream and we're not even talking about how buggy, content starved it would be when Squadron 42 gets released first. It's not that people are jealous, it just doesn't inspire much confident in its current state.