Why are people so jelly of Star Citizen?

• 143 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By DeathLordCrime
Member since 2014 • 893 Posts

It seems to me people are afraid of what the game will become and come up with excuses when the game is only in alpha stage. Seems like every time they show the game off every year haters avoid the thread all of the sudden because they can't admit that once the game has more development time it will outdo most games they ever played in every department.

Where were you guys when they showed off the ship explosion and the citizencon? Maybe you guys will be there for the next one. How about they turned squadron 42 into a movie game maybe that will satisfy some people? That way ppl can stop whining that they are trying to craft a game not rush it. People hate to admit SC is a very anticipated game to play to even pass over.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Any good looking exclusive brings out the bed wetters.

BloodyTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BloodyTides
Member since 2014 • 239 Posts

Some people are skeptical because they are used to playing games that are stripped of features and rushed. I beat you if a well known "good" studio had the same budget as SC without a publisher and made a game they would include stuff that wouldn't be there if they had a publisher.

I'm not a backer...yet but the game is very hard to pass up with its potential. I beat you some of these haters want to play the game as well but can't due to barriers.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

people are largely indifferent to PC exclusives except those trying to promote them, unless they're fanboys of a competing franchise

the only drama of late came form that article about how they're wasting the money on celebrity actors for their voices; seemed like a legit concern for a game without a stellar budget, seems even juicier though as a story given they were denying it, whether they were in the wrong or not they're now part of a constructed news drama

BloodyTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BloodyTides
Member since 2014 • 239 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

people are largely indifferent to PC exclusives except those trying to promote them, unless they're fanboys of a competing franchise

the only drama of late came form that article about how they're wasting the money on celebrity actors for their voices; seemed like a legit concern for a game without a stellar budget

That was also promised since they started crowdfunded with only a few million dollars

BlueEyedCasva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BlueEyedCasva
Member since 2015 • 599 Posts

Citizencon next year is going cause so much jelly who cares about hater when they get proven wrong time and time again

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

@bloodytides said:
@lamprey263 said:

the only drama of late came form that article about how they're wasting the money on celebrity actors for their voices; seemed like a legit concern for a game without a stellar budget

That was also promised since they started crowdfunded with only a few million dollars

That's besides the point. Is there really been any reason as of late to bring up those stories it hasn't been console gamers bringing it up to rip on PC gamers and PC gaming. I don't really see who'd be the jelly one bringing this stuff up. Maybe I'm not in the right circles, but I hardly detect a movement by fans of Elite Dangerous or Eve Online or anything else to cordinate an anti-Star Citizen campaign. I mean, who are the jelly ones and why are they threatened by Star Citizen?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#8 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Good looking exclusives always make people butthurt. That's normal. It means that the game is becoming everything that haters were afraid of.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

They're not, especially of the RTS genre imo. I have Wings of Liberty, I just discovered I now suck at MP with them and nowhere near what I used to play like with AOE2. :P

From Blizzard, I'd much rather play Diablo 3.

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DeathLordCrime

@Heil68 said:

They're not, especially of the RTS genre imo. I have Wings of Liberty, I just discovered I now suck at MP with them and nowhere near what I used to play like with AOE2. :P

From Blizzard, I'd much rather play Diablo 3.

SC > D3

ABtoxin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ABtoxin
Member since 2014 • 438 Posts

Every criticism I heard so far are made from people with little knowledge of game development or failed to make a complete game lol Do people realize they could have easily stripped features from the game and we get the same AAA stuff that comes out every year.

I don't mind waiting even a game like MGS V was not worth the wait after playing it.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13  Edited By the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

they're misunderstood not jelly

Avatar image for DarthaPerkinjan
DarthaPerkinjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14  Edited By DarthaPerkinjan
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts

The game wont even be out for 2-3 years, and even then it will probably still be in the beta stage and need dozens of GBs worth of patches to run. This is a 10 year project game that will end up looking dated when the PS5 stomps a mudhole in it

eNT1TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 eNT1TY
Member since 2005 • 1319 Posts

@DarthaPerkinjan said:

The game wont even be out for 2-3 years, and even then it will probably still be in the beta stage and need dozens of GBs worth of patches to run. This is a 10 year project game that will end up looking dated when the PS5 stomps a mudhole in it

PS5 would probably play it at medium capped at 30fps.

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 tushar172787
Member since 2015 • 2561 Posts

because they hate PC

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

It's an exclusive. Happens all the time.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

No jelly from me but if I was playing with my $60 ship and some asshole vaporized me with his $10,000 Corevette Class Cruiser, I would be a little salty. Or would I be honored?

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

It's not casual enough to praise.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

Chris Roberts wife is an evil racist he makes grown men cry.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

The most successful crowd funding project ever and probably the most openly developed game ever is going to draw attention from people who want to watch the world to burn.

Remember the person with the loudest voice is a failed games designer, with a grudge against Chris Roberts stretching back to Wing Commander days and team of followers who appear to hang on his every word. (Warning: the next part requires a tin foil hat) I also think there are publishers with a vested interest in seeing Star Citizen fail, it's not hard to employ a hand full of people to spend their time posting negativity and misinformation around the web in any article they can find on the project.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#22 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@GarGx1 said:

The most successful crowd funding project ever and probably the most openly developed game ever is going to draw attention from people who want to watch the world to burn.

Remember the person with the loudest voice is a failed games designer, with a grudge against Chris Roberts stretching back to Wing Commander days and team of followers who appear to hang on his every word. (Warning: the next part requires a tin foil hat) I also think there are publishers with a vested interest in seeing Star Citizen fail, it's not hard to employ a hand full of people to spend their time posting negativity and misinformation around the web in any article they can find on the project.

The funny thing is, most Star Citizen haters never appear when stuff is shown. They only appear in articles and threads full of misleading information. They come there only to convince themselves that the project is going to crash or burn or something "dramatic" will happen.

I think people who say that others are "skeptical" either don't believe that or have limited knowledge, because when you spend an entire day reading blog posts of a con man (Derek Retard) and feel that something is about to happen then you know you should know that you need a good doctor and you are taking platform wars too seriously. As we can see here:

^^ Pure butthurt in action.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:
@GarGx1 said:

The funny thing is, most Star Citizen haters never appear when stuff is shown. They only appear in articles and threads full of misleading information. They come there only to convince themselves that the project is going to crash or burn or something "dramatic" will happen.

I think people who say that others are "skeptical" either don't believe that or have limited knowledge, because when you spend an entire day reading blog posts of a con man (Derek Retard) and feel that something is about to happen then you know you should know that you need a good doctor and you are taking platform wars too seriously. As we can see here:

I saw that post, one of the saddest, most jealous posts to date. What makes it even sadder is that he claims to be a gamer

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

@GarGx1 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

I saw that post, one of the saddest, most jealous posts to date. What makes it even sadder is that he claims to be a gamer

Exactly, that crap coming from a Ssupposed gamer, because real gamers want games to fail......

As usual all the negativity about the game comes from people that know nothing about the game.

@FoxbatAlpha said:

No jelly from me but if I was playing with my $60 ship and some asshole vaporized me with his $10,000 Corevette Class Cruiser, I would be a little salty. Or would I be honored?

@DarthaPerkinjan said:

As you can see above the usual brilliant factual air tight arguments totally from informed viewpoints *cough*

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

People are going to have hard time trying to convince themselves SC will fail

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DeathLordCrime

@Cloud_imperium said:
@GarGx1 said:

@Gue1 Now that is truly pathetic and pure jelly. That proves SC is becoming the game ppl like him fear.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56089 Posts

@GarGx1 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@GarGx1 said:

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:
@GarGx1 said:

lmao :D , oh mane how I missed this ....

Northernboxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Northernboxer
Member since 2004 • 1723 Posts

It's probably because Hermits are the easiest to troll. Understandably, considering the lack of exclusives and weak consoles, there are a lot of jealous, insecure consolites out there this gen, and it's not going to get any better for them.

Also, SC being one of the most ambitious games of all time doesn't help.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#30  Edited By oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

I dont think people are jealous, people are just skeptical and ridicule what they dont believe. The marketing methods they use also skeptical, to the casual observer it comes across like the game is an ultra premium pay 2 win scheme.

I think that portion is what people dont like the most about it and it happens in any MMO type game. Just like people hate on hardcore raiders in WoW for having the dedication to get things the average person cant, offering $1000 real money ships screams of a game based on bought entitlement.

BTW I dont hate SC and I actually hope it succeeds. Gaming really needs a paradigm shift to get out of the vinaloop of broken games, remasters and yearly releases its stuck in.

mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts

I'm not a backer but even I can see how utterly uninformed and stubbornly ignorant the negative sayers are, i almost feel compelled to pledge to SC just so i can say "Hey I'm not with the stupids".

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DeathLordCrime

@oflow said:

I dont think people are jealous, people are just skeptical and ridicule what they dont believe. The marketing methods they use also skeptical, to the casual observer it comes across like the game is an ultra premium pay 2 win scheme.

I think that portion is what people dont like the most about it and it happens in any MMO type game. Just like people hate on hardcore raiders in WoW for having the dedication to get things the average person cant, offering $1000 real money ships screams of a game based on bought entitlement.

BTW I dont hate SC and I actually hope it succeeds. Gaming really needs a paradigm shift to get out of the vinaloop of broken games, remasters and yearly releases its stuck in.

No single ship cost a 1000 dollars way to be informed

BlueEyedCasva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BlueEyedCasva

@GarGx1 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@GarGx1 said:

lol SC made him real salty

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By oflow

@deathlordcrime said:
@oflow said:

Really? Sorry I dont follow the game that closely. I could have sworn they were selling limited ships for for up to $2500 at one point?

Sorry my mistake.

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DeathLordCrime

@oflow said:
@deathlordcrime said:
@oflow said:

Really? Sorry I dont follow the game that closely. I could have sworn they were selling limited ships for for up to $2500 at one point?

Sorry to get your panies twisted my mistake.

You realize the javelin came with 4 lots of 50 ships as well? How about you check there actual page of what they are selling because they don't include just a single ship for their higher tier packages.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By oflow

@deathlordcrime: and? what does that have to do with the point of my original statement? If anything it emphasizes my point. Like I said I'm not against the game at all I was just explaining why I thought people were hating on it. I dont care if they sold $1 million ships. Its your money you can do what you want with it if it makes people happy buy it.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#37 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

I believe in that project when it actually delivers something. A lot of it sounds great, a lot of it is being shown separately as vertical slices. I want to see what the whole game plays like when it's all connected, and if that game is everything Roberts is gassing up? Yeah he'll have something special on his hand. If he chokes? Then honestly it's not that surprising.

Not that there aren't unqualified haters for the project, but enough of the PC cats gassing it up are gassing it up for

-Shitty fanboy reasons
-Are overly optimistic and not even accepting the idea that Roberts is capable of not delivering on this.

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DeathLordCrime

@oflow said:

@deathlordcrime: and? what does that have to do with the point of my original statement? Like I said I'm not against the game at all I was just explaining why I thought people were hating on it. I dont care if they sold $1 million ships. Its your money you can do what you want with it if it makes people happy buy it.

Ah because apparently your acting as if there only selling one ship for that much money when they come with dozens of them. And there a reason they only have limited amounts the average person who pledge for the game didn't spend nearly as much.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 oflow

@deathlordcrime: one or dozens does it really matter? dozens actually makes it worse since a person that doesnt pay would have to endlessly grind to get the ships the guy that bought them gets instantly was my point to begin with.

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DeathLordCrime

@oflow said:

@deathlordcrime: one or dozens does it really matter? dozens actually makes it worse since a person that doesnt pay would have to endlessly grind to get the ships the guy that bought them gets instantly was my point to begin with.

The average person spent a 100 dollars on the game out of a million backers once the game launched they won't even sell them. A minority would hardly impact people in the game. Even your link showed any if anyone who bought those limited ships would be a small percentage.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

I don't see that much hate for it.

Sure you've got the random fanboy or whatever hating on it...but overall it's a PC exclusive that most seem to just go "Is this game ever going to come out".

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 oflow

@deathlordcrime: like I said man I dont care either way. I was just explaining my view on why people hate on the game. I didnt say that was what I thought I said thats what I think people that dont like it think.

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By DeathLordCrime

@oflow: Because they don't know that most people will not have 1000 dollars worth of ships and people who pledge the game already spent a decent amount of money. A least they aren't selling game currency when the game launches.

BlueEyedCasva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BlueEyedCasva

@oflow: The community asked for them so the developer decided to sell the ships.

robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#45 robokill
Member since 2007 • 1392 Posts

I will hate on it because the gameplay looks like ass. Eve Valkyrie looks a thousand times better, heck, fractured space looks better.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Nope, I'm not jelly. In fact, I plan to get it whenever it releases because it looks cool and I'm a fan of space sims.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 oflow

@deathlordcrime: but like I said, that creates a caste system in the game to begin with which people wont be happy with especially if the game is massive on the scale of say WoW. Again, I dont have a personal problem with the design, its a game based on economics and could be like a microcosm of the real life economy. Just saying the 99-percent will rabble lol. They say they wont but they will. Making a game with an economic system that has a a built in 1-percent at the beginning will definitely cause some friction.

But, maybe it will actually play out in the game where people group up and effect the economy. Thats the part of the game that interests me more than anything personally. I want to see the 'Citizen' part of the game flesh out.

I wish the game luck.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#48  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

@deathlordcrime said:

@oflow: Because they don't know that most people will not have 1000 dollars worth of ships and people who pledge the game already spent a decent amount of money. A least they aren't selling game currency when the game launches.

I was aware this game had microtransactions, but holy shit.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

Lol

@deathlordcrime said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@GarGx1 said:

@Gue1 Now that is truly pathetic and pure jelly. That proves SC is becoming the game ppl like him fear.

ABtoxin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ABtoxin
Member since 2014 • 438 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

I believe in that project when it actually delivers something. A lot of it sounds great, a lot of it is being shown separately as vertical slices. I want to see what the whole game plays like when it's all connected, and if that game is everything Roberts is gassing up? Yeah he'll have something special on his hand. If he chokes? Then honestly it's not that surprising.

Not that there aren't unqualified haters for the project, but enough of the PC cats gassing it up are gassing it up for

-Shitty fanboy reasons

-Are overly optimistic and not even accepting the idea that Roberts is capable of not delivering on this.

They already showed a lot of things working together