Who would you be willling to sacrifice for Nintendo?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by iambateman (7 posts) 1 year, 4 days ago

Poll: Who would you be willling to sacrifice for Nintendo? (51 votes)

Sony 22%
Microsoft 73%
Valve 16%

If you could throw any of these companies into the flames as a sacrifice for Nintendo who/how many would you?

How much would you be willing to give up for the prospect of having Nintendo alive to fight another day?

Do Microsoft/Sony really have the look of an innovative games company or are they just well-oiled money machines?

Me, myself, I love Nintendo, Sony/Microsoft have very little character, Valve are great but against Nintendo I'm not sure who I prefer. So, yeah, take from this question what you will.

#1 Posted by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

Freedomfreak and michael

not sagem though

#2 Posted by freedomfreak (40181 posts) -

Sweenix and SNIPER4321.

not iambateman though

#3 Posted by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

i forgot to say sniper, thanks freedom

#4 Edited by TheKingIAm (985 posts) -

None, just let nintengodno die.

#5 Posted by freedomfreak (40181 posts) -

Still sacrificed my ass >:(

#6 Edited by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

But, i sacrificed you with michael, that's pretty romantic.

#7 Posted by lundy86_4 (43251 posts) -

Sweenix and freedomfreak.

Not TheKingIAm, though.

#8 Posted by freedomfreak (40181 posts) -

Well, that's true. Hell, if I wanna burn with someone, it's Michael <3

#9 Posted by 0Hamburgher (957 posts) -

Funny how you guys didn't read the OP.

I would sacrifice none

#10 Edited by treedoor (7648 posts) -

Can't I just sacrifice Nintendo, and be done with it?

#11 Edited by AtariKidX (6254 posts) -

@treedoor said:

Can't I just sacrifice Nintendo, and be done with it?

Good idea...........

#12 Posted by Chozofication (2837 posts) -

You. Mayan style

#13 Posted by FinalFighters (1440 posts) -

i would slaughter my own cat as an offering to nintendo if i have to

#14 Posted by iHarlequin (1789 posts) -

Sony and Microsoft. Hell, if sacrificing Microsoft meant gaming would transition from Windows to Linux, I would do it with zero collateral. As to Sony: I have nothing against them, but if ever came down to choosing between the company with my favorite games, and Sony, I'd pick the first.

Valve... well, no. I wouldn't sacrifice Valve.

#15 Posted by GhoX (4927 posts) -

No point in sacrificing Sony, it'll literally drag Nintendo down financially.

Microsoft is rich and fat, sacrificing everything other than its less profitable console department will be a worthwhile effort.

Valve is waaay too wealthy, and has higher wealth per capita than Apple and Google. Clearly Valve is a god-company. Nintendo should sacrifice Microsoft in name of Valve and pray for good fortune.

#16 Posted by Bigboi500 (29690 posts) -

Microsoft, easily.

#17 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3548 posts) -

Sweenix!

#18 Posted by freedomfreak (40181 posts) -
#19 Posted by cainetao11 (17423 posts) -

None. They all live and die by their own choices.

#20 Edited by Sword-Demon (6970 posts) -

Everyone

#21 Edited by Whiteblade999 (5537 posts) -

Can I just throw Microsoft into the fire anyway? I'm still mad at them for abandoning PC gamers and then trying to actively sabotage us with GFWL and then Windows 8.

#22 Posted by Gue1 (9835 posts) -

not worth it.

#23 Edited by 93BlackHawk93 (5421 posts) -

M$.

#24 Edited by TruthArisen (385 posts) -

Wonder Woman ponders, "There are not enough lambs, in all of Zeus' creations, to sacrifice that will stem the tide of Nintendo's eventual fall into Hades' clutches."

#25 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9571 posts) -

The blood and flesh of a sheep.

See what I did there?

#26 Posted by BranKetra (48496 posts) -

What?

#27 Posted by Netret0120 (2094 posts) -

We need Nintendo.

#28 Posted by mems_1224 (47022 posts) -

Sony. MS, Nintendo and Valve have all pushed the industry forward the last 2 gens while Sony has just stayed the same and copied bits from the other companies.

#29 Edited by lamprey263 (23629 posts) -

Nintendo needs to suffer for their own sake, hopefully it's a purifying experience that gives them perspective. Like "hey, maybe we should have a unified rights system, easy transferable rights, better download speeds, larger HDDs, an optional $2 fee that licenses the codecs needed to play Blu-ray films on the Wii U". But whatever, I'm sure Nintendo will recover, at least enough to have respectable numbers for a rather ignored console... bah, who am I kidding, but I'll still want one regardless.

#30 Posted by Suppaman100 (3872 posts) -

Sony. MS, Nintendo and Valve have all pushed the industry forward the last 2 gens while Sony has just stayed the same and copied bits from the other companies.

Lol, Sony did more for gaming than MS.

Only thing MS did was pushing DRM and online fees. (and lol if you mention Xbox Live or Kinect as innovations)

We all know kinect is just an eyetoy rip-off. Xbox always was a wannabe Playstation.

Luckily most people see that MS is a crap gaming company.

#31 Posted by iambateman (7 posts) -
@GhoX said:

Microsoft is rich and fat, sacrificing everything other than its less profitable console department will be a worthwhile effort.

Valve is waaay too wealthy, and has higher wealth per capita than Apple and Google. Clearly Valve is a god-company. Nintendo should sacrifice Microsoft in name of Valve and pray for good fortune.

I'd say all the companies need to be making sacrifices to Valve at this point maybe they could show microsoft how to not piss off so much of the gaming community

Nintendo's likeabilty will pull them through this generation hopefully, if Shigeru Miyamoto were to face Bill Gates I think I know who we'd all be cheering for, the one without the horns (says while writing with Windows 7 looking up at the sky, hoping not to be smithed down)

At least let them survive until Smash Bros, I really want to play as the villager!

#32 Edited by iHarlequin (1789 posts) -

@iambateman said:
@GhoX said:

I'd say all the companies need to be making sacrifices to Valve at this point maybe they could show microsoft how to not piss off so much of the gaming community

Nintendo's likeabilty will pull them through this generation hopefully, if Shigeru Miyamoto were to face Bill Gates I think I know who we'd all be cheering for, the one without the horns (says while writing with Windows 7 looking up at the sky, hoping not to be smithed down)

At least let them survive until Smash Bros, I really want to play as the villager!

No reason for them not to survive. Even if the Wii U flops, they've already been the behemoths of handhelds for two generations now. People disregard that the DS has sold over 150 million units to date (and the 3DS, 35 million), and god knows how much software accompanied that. Hell, the Gamecube generation was pretty shitty for Nintendo but it still managed to push the best-selling console on the following generation (Wii).

#33 Posted by iambateman (7 posts) -

@iHarlequin: If we do talk about the handheld market nintendo have really had a great grasp on that for generations, the thing is handhelds aren't pushed as much by the usual trends that sony (making reference here to the psp/vita) are good at dealing with, sony pushed the psp as a portable console and similarly did the same with the vita, and it hasn't been until the rising of the indie games market that the vita seems to have taken off, simply because people look for a new experience when it comes to handhelds.

I think the wii u can stop itself from being a complete flop, it's just a shame how long its taking

#34 Edited by MirkoS77 (7357 posts) -

The way Nintendo's run nowadays, I really don't think it'd be a huge loss if they went out of business. For me, anyway.

#35 Edited by g0ddyX (3914 posts) -

Handhelds getting taken over by Tablets and Smartphones.
Indie games are flourishing.
All I see is kids running the 3DS bandwagon and used as a family tool.

So yeah, Nintendo is not needed but steam on the other hand, they can spice things up and push gaming forward.

#36 Posted by samanthademeste (1129 posts) -

Where is Blizzard? and lol at the Sony haters.

#37 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

I would rather just let Nintendo die.

#38 Posted by ManInFlames-77 (291 posts) -

The Houston Texans

#39 Edited by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

Easyily Sony. They have done nothing but duplicate everything other companies have done. Just look at my avatar to see what happens when sony try and be innovative LOL!

#40 Posted by charizard1605 (57115 posts) -

Get rid of Microsoft, I guess.

#41 Posted by The_Power_of_X (453 posts) -

Sacrifice Nintendo to keep all three alive.

#42 Posted by Heil68 (44108 posts) -

Microsoft, easily.

Especially after how the abandoned the core gamer last gen.