Who won 2012 E3 show?

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Bus-A-Bus (5089 posts) -

I say it was Ubisoft, without doubt. They had the best conference, plus ~30% of games from other conferences where theirs. Great job this year from Ubi.

#2 Posted by idill23 (1064 posts) -

No one. Disappointed with the main three.

#3 Posted by sonic1564 (3265 posts) -

Anyone who isn't a corporate worshipping fanboy won.

#4 Posted by Jankarcop (8976 posts) -

PC

#5 Posted by APiranhaAteMyVa (2869 posts) -
Ubisoft
#6 Posted by illmatic8582 (673 posts) -

Awful e3, waste of time!

#7 Posted by vanadiel242424 (1795 posts) -

nobody

#8 Posted by the-obiwan (3738 posts) -
Nintendo was the most dissapointed of the Console corps... i loved Halo 4 from MS and Beyond , last of us from Sony and from nintendo just Zombi u.
#9 Posted by tonitorsi (8296 posts) -

Clearly Ubisoft & Sony.

#10 Posted by EPaul (9906 posts) -

Worst E3 i've ever watched anyway

Ubi>Sony>EA>Ninty>MS

#11 Posted by 22Toothpicks (11279 posts) -
Ubisoft by far. And Nintendo's conference was so awful I no longer consider myself a sheep. I sold my Wii and long time ago because it was trash and now the Wii U seems to be just more trash. Way to go Nintendo, you've lost a life long fan. Never again.
#12 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42626 posts) -
Didn't watch EA or Ubisoft, so it's a tie between MS and Sony for me.
#13 Posted by Sushiglutton (5225 posts) -
1) Ubi, 2) Sony, 3) EA, 4) Nintendo, 5) MS
#14 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2132 posts) -

Definitely the worst E3 as a whole I've seen in a while. I think Ubisoft had the best conference, but Playstations line-up was the best.

#15 Posted by UCF_Knight (6863 posts) -
The big three were all horrible.
#16 Posted by lucfonzy (1834 posts) -
Ubisoft hands down, Far Cry 3 looked even better than the last time we saw it, Assassins creed 3 was insane, and Watch_Dogs just blew everything out of the water!
#17 Posted by ComBaTsOuL (507 posts) -
that was the most boring of the 3 by far... and they were talking about a brand new console??? what aload of rubbish, best so far is halo 4, the last of us, Beyond seems intresting, farcry 3 looks stunning...
#18 Posted by jamejame (10474 posts) -

Ubisoft.

Didn't watch the Ninty presser though, but I just woke up. Doubt it could have been better than Ubi's though.

#19 Posted by Phoenix534 (17774 posts) -

Ubisoft sweeped the floor with everyone else.

#20 Posted by Phoenix534 (17774 posts) -

Ubisoft.

Didn't watch the Ninty presser though, but I just woke up. Doubt it could have been better than Ubi's though.

jamejame

You didn't miss much. I started off great with Pikmin 3 and then just got progressively worse from there.

#21 Posted by TwoFace-BS (10395 posts) -
1.Ubisoft 2.Sony 3.EA MS and nintendo joint last
#22 Posted by Drakan11 (763 posts) -
Ubisoft. Then Sony. If not for boring us with Wonderbook, Sony might have been better than Ubisoft.
#23 Posted by Badosh (12727 posts) -
Ubisoft > Sony > Microsoft > EA > Nintendo.
#24 Posted by OreoMilkshake (12718 posts) -
If you hate yourself and the entire world then you won E3.
#25 Posted by Jamiemydearx3 (4062 posts) -

Out of the big three, Nintendo. Overall Ubisoft.

#26 Posted by Nohtnym (1552 posts) -

Ubisoft won with ac3 and watch dogs.

Nintendo had the worst show, much worse than microsofts.

#27 Posted by BPoole96 (22784 posts) -

Ubisoft showed the most interesting games

#28 Posted by Crazyguy105 (9511 posts) -

The only redeeming thing about Ninty's conference was Pikmin 3 and the few 3DS titles.

Ubisoft wins.

#29 Posted by jamejame (10474 posts) -

[QUOTE="jamejame"]

Ubisoft.

Phoenix534

You didn't miss much. I started off great with Pikmin 3 and then just got progressively worse from there.

Ughh, that's a major bummer. Did they show Zelda WiiU?

#30 Posted by KungfuKitten (20854 posts) -

This time it was more about 'who didn't lose as bad?'

#31 Posted by Merex760 (4284 posts) -
No one. Third parties win E3, cause the big three were SO DISAPPOINTING this year it was ridiculous.
#32 Posted by TheOtherTheoG (2287 posts) -
1) Ubisoft 2) EA 3) Sony 4) Nintendo 5) Microsoft
#33 Posted by Silverbond (16049 posts) -

Clearly Ubisoft & Sony.

tonitorsi
Ubisoft >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sony
#34 Posted by Phoenix534 (17774 posts) -

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

[QUOTE="jamejame"]

Ubisoft.

jamejame

Ughh, that's a major bummer. Did they show Zelda WiiU?

Nope. Nor did they show anything from Retro or really anything anyone wants to see.

#35 Posted by mysticstryk (1700 posts) -

Ubisoft. It wasn't even a contest. The big 3 were very VERY dissapointing. Microsoft had about 10 minutes that was worth watching with the Halo 4 demo and Sony had about 10 minutes worth watching with Beyond. Nintendo only had sporadic moments that were good. EA was mostly boring and predictable as usual.

#36 Posted by xXDrPainXx (4001 posts) -
Wouldn't be surprised if everyone eventually backed out and started to do their own conferences. These have been getting bad year after year after year. These mega-conferences don't really mean much anymore since information is more and more readily available online it's getting pointless to even bother with these anymore.
#37 Posted by Gue1 (9498 posts) -

did I miss Nintendo's conference?

#38 Posted by Dante2710 (63137 posts) -
Ubisoft by a huge margin.
#39 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25592 posts) -
Ubisoft. Even with the new "Splinter Cell".
#40 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

I thought Ubisoft had an unproffessional and annyoing presentation. But it was alright. For me it's hard to declare a winner, it's between Nintendo and Sony. Both of those confrences were awesome! Except for Nintendo land, that looked gimmicky.

MS was ok, but had several boring parts. EA was terrible, they killed Dead Space.

#41 Posted by ZombieKiller7 (6248 posts) -

MS : Halo 4, Usher concert, kinect kinect kinect bullschit, Gears of War

Sony : God of War Ascention, Last of Us, gimmick bullschit with books or something, Vita bullschit

Ubisoft : Splinter Cell, Ass Creed, Far Cry

Pretty much Ubisoft won.

MS and Sony were about equal in terms of gimmick bullschit and actual games.

Halo 4 had a really cool cutscene but the gameplay is typical Halo, it's basically garbage.

Last of Us had interesting gameplay and story, but very scripted, it's basically UC 2 + I Am Alive

God of War was typical

Bottom line multiplats ruled the day.

I'll use whatever system can play those 3 Ubisoft games.

For this year leaning towards Xbox360 just because of Gears.

#42 Posted by Gibsonsg527 (3313 posts) -

Ubisoft. Watch dogs was the only memorable thing this E3.

#43 Posted by Phoenix534 (17774 posts) -

Wouldn't be surprised if everyone eventually backed out and started to do their own conferences. These have been getting bad year after year after year. These mega-conferences don't really mean much anymore since information is more and more readily available online it's getting pointless to even bother with these anymore.xXDrPainXx

I hope that's where this ends. E3 has gotten so big to the point that these press conferences aren't press conferences anymore. They bring out these professional atheletes and hip-hop artists to do stuff instead of doing what should be done; ie bringing developers on stage and have them say "Here's our f*cking games" and do that for an hour.

#44 Posted by hiphops_savior (7857 posts) -
Nobody won, Nintendo is throwing their eggs on 3rd party support, Microsoft only has Halo 4 and Splinter Cell, and Sony has a pretentious film for a game and the Two of Us.
#45 Posted by mojito1988 (1944 posts) -

Ubi Won. Sony Nintendo and MS should all be ashamed of themselves.

MS selling Shoes on stage......

Sony Wonder Book.......

Nintendo Land.......

The best part of the show for me was just the Ice cream bar getting owned by the trap! No Ice cream bar it's a trap!!

#46 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -

Worst E3 i've ever watched anyway

Ubi>Sony>EA>Ninty>MS

EPaul
That's exactly it
#47 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (17144 posts) -

Clearly Ubisoft & Microsoft.

tonitorsi

*fixed*

Really, this E3 was pretty solid. Sony had some good exclusive stuff, but good God Tretton is a horrifyingly boring speaker and stuff like Halo 4 and the Tomb Raider demo made Microsofts presentation better IMO.

Ubi blew me away with Watch Dogs though. So freaking hype to see more of that game!

Oh and Ninty gets the award for biggest failure. Jesus Christ you are launching a next gen console, show some freaking NEXT GEN GAMES! Considering Lego City was potentially the best game shown at their conference (besides maybe Pikmin 3) it was just pathetic. They seriously seem to expect a crappy looing Mario game and some old ports to launch a system. I feel like they proved how out of touch with reality they are with that conference...

#48 Posted by damann22 (7655 posts) -

I think this is one of the most disappointing shows I can remember. As a sony fanboy I think MS and Nintendo showed much better showings overall. But without a doubt it was UBISOFT that had the best conference.

There must be a conspiracy among the gaming industry against these trade shows. The big announcement conferences are long gone in favor of unique single shows that put the spot light on what is present at the moment.

The big three are bored I can tell and really hate these conferences. Too much money is thrown away just to showcase games and hardware. Well now to look forward to the show floor cam. i love that every year

#49 Posted by Shockwave-DASH (996 posts) -
I know thius sounds od but MS pretty much won out of the big 3. However and outter party won the whole show.
#50 Posted by Aquat1cF1sh (10863 posts) -
I thought Ubisoft was the obvious answer.