Who is graphics king?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

Poll Who is graphics king? (177 votes)

Star Citizen 47%
Uncharted 4? 16%
The Order? 10%
Killzone: Shadow Fall 3%
It's still Crysis 3 22%

My friends, a while back I asked the grand qeastion, the ultimate qeastion about gaming, as we don't actually give a shit about gameplay in system wars, at all.

It seems some resistance occurred, people saying "oh ah but the PS4 has The Order and Uncharted 4"

I ask you now my beloved ones, let us settle this score once and or and for and.

What is the current graphics king?

• 
Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@Cranler said:

@Snugenz said:

Just noticed Cranlers sig...

You cannot be that stupid...

I originally thought that pc's and consoles in general were system types and that specific configurations were systems.

Robo and others stated that even outside this forum, individual pc's aren't systems and that the pc in general is one system just like the xbox 360 is one system. So I'm just trying to go with the flow of the forum.

i honestly don't see what the problem is. quite frankly i don't see why this isn't properly resolved.

individual pc's are essentially configurations of the system type 'pc'. the phrasing 'labor day systems', i don't have any problem with them marketing those labor day systems as configurations of the system type 'PC'.

"Labor Day Intel i5 Special" is a configuration of windows thick client, which is a PC.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#252 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@Snugenz said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

I have no idea what that is suppose to mean.

I'm the one?

Cool....I don't mind fighting back the bullshit that goes on here.

I'M NEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know very well what it means you dodgy bugger. So how does Star Citizen not belong to the PC?.

Oh and Neo's way too cool for you, so i found someone who's just as dodgy but better suits the amount of shite you talk...

B/c it's asinine to claim that it's PC's and to showcase as "OMG LOOK WHAT PC CAN DO....CONSOLES SUCK1!!1"!.....when very little ppl are going to be able to play that game on the settings being shown around these forums.

And if you do have a PC or are getting a PC for to play the game at those settings....it'll cost you AT LEAST $1000.

And considering you fucked up and gave me Neo...you're more like the Pres. Bush...dumbass.

@lostrib said:

@mr_huggles_dog: well if you have a fat face it's not too much of a stretch to assume you're out of shape

Sorry I didn't reply soon....I had to go life.

I see you're still butting into conversations to fill the void of no one actually wanting to talk to you.

But in any case...ok fine...you wanna act like you can tell what I look like with that little of a me showing in a pic....then you go right ahead and try and get me back for talking honest about your precious PC.

Don't be mad lostrib....it makes you sexy.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253 RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

@Snugenz said:

That gave away he's just trolling.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:
@Cranler said:

@Snugenz said:

I originally thought that pc's and consoles in general were system types and that specific configurations were systems.

Robo and others stated that even outside this forum, individual pc's aren't systems and that the pc in general is one system just like the xbox 360 is one system. So I'm just trying to go with the flow of the forum.

i honestly don't see what the problem is. quite frankly i don't see why this isn't properly resolved.

individual pc's are essentially configurations of the system type 'pc'. the phrasing 'labor day systems', i don't have any problem with them marketing those labor day systems as configurations of the system type 'PC'.

"Labor Day Intel i5 Special" is a configuration of windows thick client, which is a PC.

I originally said that the pc is a system type just like consoles are system type and you disagreed. Now you're saying the pc is a system type.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#255 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@Cranler said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@Cranler said:

@Snugenz said:

I originally said that the pc is a system type just like consoles are system type and you disagreed. Now you're saying the pc is a system type.

how many threads will you make the mods close? this is not up for debate, pc 1 system, same as xbone, ps4, ps3 and 360. #dealwithit, you don't like it feel free to gtfo this forum, no one cares what you think so stop spamming the same nonsense.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@lostrib said:

@mr_huggles_dog: well if you have a fat face it's not too much of a stretch to assume you're out of shape

Sorry I didn't reply soon....I had to go life.

I see you're still butting into conversations to fill the void of no one actually wanting to talk to you.

But in any case...ok fine...you wanna act like you can tell what I look like with that little of a me showing in a pic....then you go right ahead and try and get me back for talking honest about your precious PC.

Don't be mad lostrib....it makes you sexy.

I never said anything about your physique, i was just pointing out that one could make a fair assumption of someone's physique based on their face.

Although I keep forgetting, are you the guy or the girl?

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257  Edited By Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@Cranler said:
@Snugenz said:

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 Cranler

@Krelian-co said:

@Cranler said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@Cranler said:

@Snugenz said:

how many threads will you make the mods close? this is not up for debate, pc 1 system, same as xbone, ps4, ps3 and 360. #dealwithit, you don't like it feel free to gtfo this forum, no one cares what you think so stop spamming the same nonsense.

Someone else brought it up not me. Stop making me the scapegoat.

I've seen the light and no longer see the pc as a system type but a system

I used to think

pc-Dell Inspiron 8600

console-xbox 360

Now is see it properly

pc-pc

console-xbox 360

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259  Edited By Snugenz

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@Snugenz said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

I'm the one?

I'M NEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know very well what it means you dodgy bugger. So how does Star Citizen not belong to the PC?.

Oh and Neo's way too cool for you, so i found someone who's just as dodgy but better suits the amount of shite you talk...

B/c it's asinine to claim that it's PC's and to showcase as "OMG LOOK WHAT PC CAN DO....CONSOLES SUCK1!!1"!.....when very little ppl are going to be able to play that game on the settings being shown around these forums.

And if you do have a PC or are getting a PC for to play the game at those settings....it'll cost you AT LEAST $1000.

And considering you fucked up and gave me Neo...you're more like the Pres. Bush...dumbass.

What a dumbass excuse for a dumbass statement. It's a PC exclusive, it "belongs" to PC, end of discussion, you dumbass.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260  Edited By Cranler

@Snugenz said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@Snugenz said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

I'm the one?

I'M NEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a dumbass excuse for a dumbass statement. It's a PC exclusive, it "belongs" to PC, end of discussion, you dumbass.

He's pointing out that PS 4 exclusives run on all PS 4's. Star Citizen does not run on all gaming pc's.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 Snugenz

@Cranler said:

He's pointing out that PS 4 exclusives play on all PS 4's. Star Citizen does not play on all gaming pc's.

And that means absolutely **** all in the grand scheme of things, Star Citizen = PC exclusive, FACT.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 lostrib

@Cranler said:

@Snugenz said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

He's pointing out that PS 4 exclusives run on all PS 4's. Star Citizen does not run on all gaming pc's.

Good thing PC is one system.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263  Edited By Cranler

@Snugenz said:

@Cranler said:

He's pointing out that PS 4 exclusives play on all PS 4's. Star Citizen does not play on all gaming pc's.

And that means absolutely **** all in the grand scheme of things, Star Citizen = PC exclusive, FACT.

Any PS 4 owner can play Bloodborne when it's released. Can any gaming pc owner play Star Citizen?

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 RoboCopISJesus

Cranler kills another thread.

And PC is still gfx king.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 Snugenz

@Cranler said:

@Snugenz said:

@Cranler said:

Any PS 4 owner can play Bloodborne when it's released. Can any gaming pc owner play Star Citizen?

Doesn't matter it's an exclusive.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@Snugenz said:

@Cranler said:

I got a pc it don't meet the requirements I thought pc was a game system with the biggest library of games. PC is like IOS in the sense that your shit gets phased out real quick.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 Snugenz

@Heirren said:

@Snugenz said:

@Cranler said:

I got a pc it don't meet the requirements I thought pc was a game system with the biggest library of games. PC is like IOS in the sense that your shit gets phased out real quick.

Still an exclusive.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 Cranler

@RoboCopISJesus said:

You ruined it with your "consoles are behind" remark.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

LOL. What in the hell am I reading.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@Snugenz said:

@Heirren said:

@Snugenz said:

@Cranler said:

Still an exclusive.

Like everything pc, exclusive with an asterisk.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 Snugenz

@Heirren said:

@Snugenz said:

Still an exclusive.

Nope, just plain old exclusive.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@Snugenz said:

@Heirren said:

@Snugenz said:

Still an exclusive.

Not according to the people claiming the pc format is the same ol system just like a console. It is one or the other.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@Heirren said:

@Snugenz said:

@Heirren said:

@Snugenz said:

Still an exclusive.

Not according to the people claiming the pc format is the same ol system just like a console. It is one or the other.

Plain old exclusive, period. Go wipe your tears.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 CrownKingArthur
@Cranler said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@Cranler said:

@Snugenz said:

that is a lie. you are saying i said something i never said. in fact here is a post YOU QUOTED, where i agree that console is a system type.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/the-pc-is-the-superior-gaming-platform-definitive--31486587/?page=25#js-message-342692250

i find this absolutely unacceptable. you should be embarrassed.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275  Edited By Cranler
@CrownKingArthur said:
@Cranler said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@Cranler said:

@Snugenz said:

that is a lie. you are saying i said something i never said. in fact here is a post YOU QUOTED, where i agree that console is a system type.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/the-pc-is-the-superior-gaming-platform-definitive--31486587/?page=25#js-message-342692250

Your words from that thread: so a dell inspiron xxx would be one specific configuration of the system "PC".

Your words from this thread: i don't have any problem with them marketing those labor day systems as configurations of the system type 'PC'.

In this thread you say the pc is a system type and in the other thread you say the pc is a system.

We really need to get back on topic though. You, snugenz and robo are derailing. This isn't a thread about my sig or about consoles being behind it's about graphics king.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@Krelian-co said:

@Heirren said:

@Snugenz said:

@Heirren said:

@Snugenz said:

Still an exclusive.

IF it meets the requirements. Nobody is crying here. Why do the majority of the pc gamers on this site get so uptight? It is as if any remark about a pc is somehow taken as a threat, or that the person making a remark does not like the format.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 lostrib

@Heirren said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Heirren said:

IF it meets the requirements. Nobody is crying here. Why do the majority of the pc gamers on this site get so uptight? It is as if any remark about a pc is somehow taken as a threat, or that the person making a remark does not like the format.

So your question is why do PC fanboys act like all the other fanboys on SW?

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 RoboCopISJesus

What do people get out of killing threads?

Just make your own. There is a new thread button.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 Snugenz

@Heirren: A game not meeting every PCs requirements does not change the fact that its exclusive to the platform. Or are you seriously saying that every PC must be able to play every PC game till the end of time otherwise the game isnt exclusive?.

"Herp i cant play SC on my 486 so its not exclusive derp".

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@Snugenz said:

@Heirren: A game not meeting every PCs requirements does not change the fact that its exclusive to the platform. Or are you seriously saying that every PC must be able to play every PC game till the end of time otherwise the game isnt exclusive?.

"Herp i cant play SC on my 486 so its not exclusive derp".

I originally said "with an asterisk". I've said that many times in the past. It is the truth. The whole discussion then really reminded me of the whole "pc is the same as console" thing that was going on the other day. Well, you just poked fun at every pc game being playable on every pc." And you are right. That is laughable, but also shows just how different the two formats are--they don't compete right now.

While I think PS4 is pretty lousy right now along with that whole side of the console arena, people say "console graphics king" this and that because it isn't simply about the visuals. There is an interest in the hardware(at least in the past) and the developers and what they can pull off. Console development(again, in the past) is more akin to giving someone a set of red, blue, and yellow paints, and this person then proceeds to produce 1000s of colors. PC development is just giving the developers those 1000 colors from the start.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

@Cranler said: This isn't a thread about my sig or about consoles being behind it's about graphics king.

And the gfx king is PC for most of the gen, for the last 4 gens.

@Cranler said:
@RoboCopISJesus said:

PC is gfx king and as a result consoles are behind. Consoles are also behind in hardware. That 100% pertains to this threads subject.

Problem?

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#282 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Snugenz said:

@Cranler said:

@clyde46 said:

My PC beats your PS4. There you go.

My pc beats my ps4 too.

PS 4 beats most peoples pc's.

Sure but does it beat most peoples gaming PC's?

That's what I was going to say. PS4, XB1, XBox 360 and PS3 all beat most plain old office PC's that no one would ever play games on except Solitaire. Almost all current built gaming PC's beat PS4, XB1, 360, PS3, etc...

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 CrownKingArthur

@Cranler said:
@CrownKingArthur said:
@Cranler said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

Your words from that thread: so a dell inspiron xxx would be one specific configuration of the system "PC".

Your words from this thread: i don't have any problem with them marketing those labor day systems as configurations of the system type 'PC'.

In this thread you say the pc is a system type and in the other thread you say the pc is a system.

We really need to get back on topic though. You, snugenz and robo are derailing. This isn't a thread about my sig or about consoles being behind it's about graphics king.

Don't try to dodge. You've lied about what I said and you're introduced absolutely no evidence which supports the big text.

there is no derailment by me. you're posting lies, so i'm responding by telling the truth. if you stop printing lies about me that are derailment, then I won't respond to them. plus, you won't look so disingenuous.

the really big text is still a lie. you haven't quoted me disagreeing - which was your claim. where did i ever disagree with the notion that consoles are not a system type?

OK. Answer that part in bold please. You will need to quote a post where you're saying consoles are a system type, and I quote you and vehemently disagree.

now onto your derailment re: system and 'system type', which of course is a derailment because it isn't about whether consoles are a system type or not - it is about use of language 'system' vs 'system type' in two different threads.

in one thread people were talking about systems, i say systems. in another thread where the conversation is about 'system types', i said system types. interchangeability of these terms given the context of discussion is inconsequential. in terms of the context of conversation, can you explain why an inconsistency with 'system' and 'system type' is important? after all you brought it up.

here is my argument why it's inconsequential. Well firstly, you're trying to evade acceptance that you lied about things I said. So it makes sense you would introduce a strawman like this.

secondly, for example dell inspiron xxx is a laptop, which is a pc, which is a system. would anything change if the last part read 'which is a pc, which is a system type'? in terms of the discussion here at SW, no, it doesn't change a thing.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 CrownKingArthur

yes and regarding other conversation i see in the thread.

a pc exclusive, you'll only be able to play it on pc, at the moment that's something like divinity original sin.

a console exclusive - something like red dead redemption.

i don't know why people are finding this difficult. this is really basic stuff.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

@CrownKingArthur said:

a pc exclusive, you'll only be able to play it on pc, at the moment that's something like divinity original sin.

a console exclusive - something like red dead redemption.

a PS4 exclusive - something very rare

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286  Edited By Cranler

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said: This isn't a thread about my sig or about consoles being behind it's about graphics king.

And the gfx king is PC for most of the gen, for the last 4 gens.

@Cranler said:
@RoboCopISJesus said:

PC is gfx king and as a result consoles are behind. Consoles are also behind in hardware. That 100% pertains to this threads subject.

Problem?

No shit. If I wanted an ez debate I'd always side with pc.

When I responded specifically to your consoles are behind statement you said that I'm changing the subject.

@blackace said:

@Snugenz said:

@Cranler said:

@clyde46 said:

My PC beats your PS4. There you go.

My pc beats my ps4 too.

PS 4 beats most peoples pc's.

Sure but does it beat most peoples gaming PC's?

That's what I was going to say. PS4, XB1, XBox 360 and PS3 all beat most plain old office PC's that no one would ever play games on except Solitaire. Almost all current built gaming PC's beat PS4, XB1, 360, PS3, etc...

Proof?

@CrownKingArthur said:

@Cranler said:
@CrownKingArthur said:
@Cranler said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

Don't try to dodge. You've lied about what I said and you're introduced absolutely no evidence which supports the big text.

there is no derailment by me. you're posting lies, so i'm responding by telling the truth. if you stop printing lies about me that are derailment, then I won't respond to them. plus, you won't look so disingenuous.

the really big text is still a lie. you haven't quoted me disagreeing - which was your claim. where did i ever disagree with the notion that consoles are not a system type?

OK. Answer that part in bold please. You will need to quote a post where you're saying consoles are a system type, and I quote you and vehemently disagree.

now onto your derailment re: system and 'system type', which of course is a derailment because it isn't about whether consoles are a system type or not - it is about use of language 'system' vs 'system type' in two different threads.

in one thread people were talking about systems, i say systems. in another thread where the conversation is about 'system types', i said system types. interchangeability of these terms given the context of discussion is inconsequential. in terms of the context of conversation, can you explain why an inconsistency with 'system' and 'system type' is important? after all you brought it up.

here is my argument why it's inconsequential. Well firstly, you're trying to evade acceptance that you lied about things I said. So it makes sense you would introduce a strawman like this.

secondly, for example dell inspiron xxx is a laptop, which is a pc, which is a system. would anything change if the last part read 'which is a pc, which is a system type'? in terms of the discussion here at SW, no, it doesn't change a thing.

You said pc's aren't a system type originally, not consoles. We never discussed consoles in relation to this.

This discussion directly relates to the other thread.

The correct path would be dell inspiron xxx is a system which is a laptop, which is a pc which is a system type.

Your way is like hyundai sonata is a sedan, which is a car, which is a four door.

The designation should be further generalizing as you go yet you go in circles.

Correct order would be hyundai sonata is a sedan, which is a car, which is a motor vehicle.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#287 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@Cranler: So... are PC's one system?

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 CrownKingArthur

ok so just so everyone knows, this statement is not yet proven, and no direct evidence has been shown:

"I (Cranler) originally said that the pc is a system type just like consoles are system type and you (Me, CKA) disagreed. Now you're (CKA) saying the pc is a system type" - Cranler, 2014. OK, so done and dusted. He never proved that I disagreed about 'consoles are a system type'.

and also up there he claims to know how I think, yet the car analogy he claims represents my thinking is nowhere near - For many reasons! but partly because some cars are two door. Once again, he claims to know things on my behalf, yet he keeps getting it wrong.

'circles' Can he give a single example of where I go in circles with my 'is a' relationships? I've never done that either.

Also, his own car example isn't good enough. here's why: Correct order would be hyundai sonata is a sedan (Not strictly true, there are two door sonata's), which is a car, which is a motor vehicle. Technically, only the variant of sonata which is a sedan, is the sedan.

Also, "You said pc's aren't a system type originally, not consoles. We never discussed consoles in relation to this."

yet you quote me here in post 258 for example where i said "individual pc's are essentially configurations of the system type 'pc'." So once again he was wrong on the topic of things said by CrownKingArthur.

battling against cranler's imagination is getting rather tiresome.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#289 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

We're off track again, aren't we?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#290 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Cranler, I have issued enough warnings to you, and you won't stop. Time to take some time off and to rethink how you go about this.