Who here has bought a Wii and thinks its not......

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

emawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 emawk
Member since 2004 • 1820 Posts
Who here has bought a Wii and thinks its not all that it is cut out to be, and why?
daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts
you wont get many wii owners here saying its not very good...fanboys guard there consoles like nothing else....
Tnasty11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Tnasty11
Member since 2005 • 4497 Posts
me i like regular controllers better i guess
emawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 emawk

you wont get many wii owners here saying its not very good...fanboys guard there consoles like nothing else....daveg1

I'm mainly looking for responses from to those who own a Wii and another console. But you do have a point.

Colinllama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Colinllama
Member since 2006 • 466 Posts

I'm happy with my Wii, but I am a little dissapointed in the European release schedule meaning that I've not been able to play Super Paper Mario, or even Trauma Centre yet!  :(

daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts

[QUOTE="daveg1"]you wont get many wii owners here saying its not very good...fanboys guard there consoles like nothing else....emawk

I'm mainly looking for responses from to those who own a Wii and another console. But you do have a point.

well what are you hoping to find out??

like are you thinking about getting a console and dont know which to get?

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
I bought a wii. it's about what i expected. I like the wiimote style of playing better. but i do wish there were more games that were using it well. too many quick ports from publishers trying to catch up right now.
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

[QUOTE="daveg1"]you wont get many wii owners here saying its not very good...fanboys guard there consoles like nothing else....emawk

All I can tell you is that I own all 4 last gen systems. Right now I only own the Wii due to the cost of the other two systems so far no problems. I own SMB, Rayman, Zelda, Marvel, and Sonic the only game I hated was Red Steel the game was trash.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts
I can't say I'm disappointed, it's pretty much what I expected. Crappy 3rd party games, good Nintendo games, which is why I bought it in the first place. It's my secondary console so I don't expect much from it.
emawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 emawk

I just want to know what people who have owned the Wii for several months think about it. 

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

It's suffering the same problems the DS seemed to have at first.

Once developers start to really take advantage of the control scheme, it should get interesting.  Until then, we seem to be getting alot of mini-game based games.  Games like Zelda are great, but the controls feel a little.... dare I say..... gimmicky.

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts

When I got my Wii I didnt think it lived up to the hype (what system does?).

But the more I played it, the more I was sucked in. I was actually addicted for awhile. This is mostly due to Wii Sports because its a perfect game to package it with.

The more I got used to it, the more fun I had. I got my $250 worth of entertainment long ago and I'm still playing it.

seeker202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 seeker202
Member since 2006 • 111 Posts

Call me shallow but i just think realistic graphics are important

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts

Call me shallow but i just think realistic graphics are important

seeker202

Well, its not shallow, just your preference. But I would have to think you only like realistic games because that is only where realistic graphics apply. (You wouldn't have Pac-Man with realistic graphics, would you?)

A games style is part of its charm.

There is a balance.

snyper1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 snyper1982
Member since 2004 • 3407 Posts

Who here has bought a Wii and thinks its not all that it is cut out to be, and why?emawk

I bouth it, and I like it quite a lot. I would not own ONLY a wii though, as it is a console I play when my friends are over. We have a hell of a time with it. Drink some beer and play the Wii. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts

It isn't as good as it could be... but only because a lot of the games have been ports and the like.

It was still easily worth what I paid.  And, I imagine that when MP3 and SSBB finally come out, I'll be quite ecstatic.

Deactivation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Deactivation
Member since 2007 • 1026 Posts

I can't say I'm disappointed, it's pretty much what I expected. Crappy 3rd party games, good Nintendo games, which is why I bought it in the first place. It's my secondary console so I don't expect much from it.heretrix

Not enough people in the world speak the truth. You, on the other hand, do. 

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#18 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
I have one, and I'm not very impressed. Wii sports is fun, but frustrating at times because it's still nothing like the real thing. For my other game, Zelda, I feel as though the controls are tacked on, and having played my PS3 and 360 in HD, I can't help but be disappointed with the Wii's poor graphics.
shsonline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 shsonline
Member since 2005 • 2937 Posts

[QUOTE="emawk"]Who here has bought a Wii and thinks its not all that it is cut out to be, and why?snyper1982

I bouth it, and I like it quite a lot. I would not own ONLY a wii though, as it is a console I play when my friends are over. We have a hell of a time with it. Drink some beer and play the Wii.

People do the same thing with the other consoles too, you know. I love how none of the other consoles these days are good multiplayer or party machines to wii owners.
karicha9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 karicha9
Member since 2003 • 6927 Posts
validation posts FTW!!!
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#21 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
I bought a Wii only to find out it was little more than a rehash machine with no games that interested me. I was extremely displeased. I traded it back in for 170 dolahs.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

I bought a Wii only to find out it was little more than a rehash machine with no games that interested me. I was extremely displeased. I traded it back in for 170 dolahs.Vandalvideo
:shock:

You... lost money on a Wii?

I'm sorry.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#23 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]I bought a Wii only to find out it was little more than a rehash machine with no games that interested me. I was extremely displeased. I traded it back in for 170 dolahs.Jandurin

I'm sorry.

I will give it one prop. For the very short ammount of time I owned it I did have fun. 400 dollahs worth of fun? (BAD BUNDLE THAT I CAMPED OUT FOR AT SEARS HOME ESSENTIALS) No.
emawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 emawk
[QUOTE="snyper1982"]

[QUOTE="emawk"]Who here has bought a Wii and thinks its not all that it is cut out to be, and why?shsonline

People do the same thing with the other consoles too, you know. I love how none of the other consoles these days are good multiplayer or party machines to wii owners.

Yea, I know what you mean.

I did the same thing with my N64 and Gamecube, so why not with an Xbox 360 and PS3. I always see people have Halo, Madden, etc. "parties" with ehier friends. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

I did the same thing with my N64 and Gamecube, so why not with an Xbox 360 and PS3. I always see people have Halo, Madden, etc. "parties" with ehier friends. emawk
You don't have to be good to play Wii Sports and have a good time.

I watched the G4 girl... Munn?  Olivia?  play Gears of War.  It was sad, and I would put money on her never having tried again after that show.  So, not fun.

emawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 emawk

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]I bought a Wii only to find out it was little more than a rehash machine with no games that interested me. I was extremely displeased. I traded it back in for 170 dolahs.Jandurin

I'm sorry.

lol, just don't let that guy manage your money.

jdknight21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#27 jdknight21
Member since 2006 • 3282 Posts
Who here has bought a Wii and thinks its not all that it is cut out to be, and why?emawk
  I have more of a 'it will eventually get there' mentality.  I don't need to mention the graphics, they get the job done, but I'm still waiting to be sold on the interactive side with some 1:1 motion sensing.  I haven't been impressed with the way the Wiimote has been implemented so far, I thought on-line would be available by now, but I still play it here and there because of VC.  I haven't bought a game since launch day but have gamefly'd a few.  It just isn't there yet, and the controls are buggy on most of the games I've played.  It is still fun, and it still gets the nod when we have parties, but in terms of my preference, I don't really even look forward to playing a shooter on-line because I just figure people will just use a GC controller since it is faster and easier to aim than the Wiimote.  The Wiimote is precise, but I can't see it being used to seriously play on-line.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts
It doesn't get as much play time as my 360 but it stiil gets time here and there. It probably won't get a lot of PT until Metroid and Smash  come out.
Bullets4Brains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Bullets4Brains
Member since 2007 • 504 Posts

I've had a Wii since UK launch, it's a very sexy piece of kit to look at but sadly I haven't really played it. I've finished Zelda TP months ago and that's about it for Wii games. I mostly play the Gamecube Resident evil games on it.

Won't pay for many of the virtual console games, think they're to expensive, but will get OOT, Starfox 64 in a while. With so much sales I think it's only a matter of time before we have tons of developers making great games for Wii, for now it's a console with potential but little else.

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts

that seems to happen to all the consoles ive brought over the pass 5 yrs. 

buckman-101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 buckman-101
Member since 2006 • 40 Posts
it was fun when i first bought it then the controller wears off pretty quickly and the games are not that good.nothing that last that long to play.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

[QUOTE="emawk"]Who here has bought a Wii and thinks its not all that it is cut out to be, and why?Tjeremiah1988

I love your circling bird sig!
spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 spinecaton
Member since 2003 • 8986 Posts

I bought it, played it a lot the first two weeks, then stopped. So far all the Wii games have the same problem, they are fun at first when you are learning how to play because each game is different but the excitement dies down and becomes more of a chore then actual fun for me.

Zelda was fun at first, swinging my arms around like an idiot having a good ole time! Then after 20-30 hours of play it became a chore and all I did was flick the wii-mote around.

Rayman was a ton of fun too at first... then you realize there are about only 4-6 types of mini games because they all make you do the same thing.

Warioware was decent, the games were alright but nothing compared to the old versions of the game.

Wii sports was just shallow after you actually start to play it

Super Paper Mario didn't really feel like a Wii game because the motion sensor wasn't really implemented

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Tjeremiah1988
[QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"]

[QUOTE="emawk"]Who here has bought a Wii and thinks its not all that it is cut out to be, and why?Jandurin

I love your circling bird sig!

thanks :). But yeah back on topic. I seem to get really excited for a new console, then 2 weeks later it gets boring and I question my purchase :(. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2174cc8f575
deactivated-5f2174cc8f575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 deactivated-5f2174cc8f575
Member since 2005 • 805 Posts
I just got a wii recently. I like it but honestly that controller is   a chore to use when playing zelda. The graphics suck too so i like my ps3 and 360 more =)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
I seem to get really excited for a new console, then 2 weeks later it gets boring and I question my purchase :(. Tjeremiah1988
Early adoption is your problem.  Like, I expect the Wii to get quite great by the end of this year, but I wouldn't suggest to someone who wasn't just flush with cash to buy it until then.  Though, I wouldn't tell them not to, either.
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Tjeremiah1988

[QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"]I seem to get really excited for a new console, then 2 weeks later it gets boring and I question my purchase :(. Jandurin
Early adoption is your problem. Like, I expect the Wii to get quite great by the end of this year, but I wouldn't suggest to someone who wasn't just flush with cash to buy it until then. Though, I wouldn't tell them not to, either.

yea i guess. I do plan on getting SPM and that RE:UC game. 

-Sir-Poof-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 -Sir-Poof-
Member since 2006 • 4544 Posts
[QUOTE="snyper1982"]

[QUOTE="emawk"]Who here has bought a Wii and thinks its not all that it is cut out to be, and why?shsonline

Is that the cool new thing to do, drink beer and play the wii? I dont know Ive been hearing that a lot lately.

darcom1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 darcom1
Member since 2004 • 1483 Posts

i have a Wii and its fun but definitely there is a BIG difference to what the PS3 and the Xbox360 can do.... the games are to crappy i only have the zelda tp and wiisports because all the other games are just not fit for nexgen gaming demands and yes the graphics does matter, for me is part of the game play IMO.

a like the Wii its fun but i want to play GT4 , DMC etc.. in the best graphics possible and it looks like the Wii is more of like an anime machine and im not in to Pokemon  dragon ball  and kiddy games or mini games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

yea i guess. I do plan on getting SPM and that RE:UC game. 

Tjeremiah1988
SPM is fun.  But I stopped playing during Chapter 4 because of the pokemons.  I will definitely be getting RE:UC unless it gets the most horrid reviews possible.  In which case I would rent it.
meischris39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#41 meischris39
Member since 2004 • 5432 Posts
I own a Wii and  PS3 and i have to say the Wii is just dreadfull. Especially in Europe where the last game released was Paper Mario which was good, but for like 1 hour.
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
I got a Wii at launch and have had alot of fun with it, but the 3rd party devs for the most part are slacking with so many ports and poor controls.
DireToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DireToad
Member since 2006 • 3948 Posts
Out of the three consoles out, I only own a Wii.
I will get a PS3 eventually, when it doesn't cost as much a month's rent.

And honestly, no I don't think it's all that.
At first I really was amazed at how fun Wii Sports was. There's also the fact that I live with a roommate so I almost always have someone to play with.

But now my Wii is just collecting dust.
I bought WW Smooth Moves with the system and I haven't touched the game in months.
Party games can only do so much for me (and for a lot of other people I think).

I also own TP, but as much as I like Zelda and all, I just find it totally soulless.
It deserves AA IMO.

I don't know.
I guess once some more good games come out, I'll play it some more.
I haven't tried SPM yet and I'd also like to give Trauma Centre a go sometime.

I'm having much more fun with Pokemon Pearl at this point.
Let's just say I'm glad the Wii costs so little.
GundamGuy0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 GundamGuy0
Member since 2003 • 10970 Posts

I own a Wii and PS3 and i have to say the Wii is just dreadfull. Especially in Europe where the last game released was Paper Mario which was good, but for like 1 hour.meischris39

Huh, when was Super Paper Mario released in europe... I thought it wasn't out yet.  

bexarath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 bexarath
Member since 2005 • 555 Posts

[QUOTE="meischris39"]I own a Wii and PS3 and i have to say the Wii is just dreadfull. Especially in Europe where the last game released was Paper Mario which was good, but for like 1 hour.GundamGuy0

Huh, when was Super Paper Mario released in europe... I thought it wasn't out yet.  

It's not. Which means he either has an import or he's lying. I'm a bit miffed myself about how Europe is getting shafted games-wise. Surely it can't be that hard to get the games out here without the ridiculous delays? Personally I have enough to entertain myself with, but people who devote more of their time to gaming I can understand being a bit disappointed.
Avatar image for justforlotr2004
justforlotr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 justforlotr2004
Member since 2004 • 10935 Posts

I like the wii and its going to do really well, but in terms of gameplay and visuals its not a system that comes close to just blowing everything else out of the water.  

The new way of playing is cool and all but its kind of limiting in some ways still even with the motion controller.  The visuals are horrible for most of the games which isnt that big of a deal but it would be nice if the graphics matched the gameplay atleast.  The Wii has some fun games but the best games are the mini games cause its really fun to compete and do small little mini games.  

So overall its a great system but its definatly a side console to me, I really like the party games but I just cant really see it being the main base for gaming.  I still enjoy my original way of playing and thats a non motion controlled controller and I think sheep make that at as if its not fun.  If it wasnt fun why have they been playing consoles since 30 years ago with a static controller.  So Im not to sure I understand the Wii has the Gameplay but the PS3/360 doesnt argument.  The PS3 and 360 both have great graphics AND gameplay, the Wii has great gameplay but bad graphics.  I do think we might see the Wii take the lead of the market share but I hope it doesnt lead to every next gen system's after this to be totally Motion controlled because I still enjoy my regular controller as do many others.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#47 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

I bought the wii and love it, but I'm sort of living in the future.  I'll say that if the wii's current library becomes a good sample for what it will always be, it might be one of the worst consoles of all time.  The gameplay has to overcome its hardware shortcomings.  The games are fine, they eat up time with some fun, but the wii promises more.  It seems like wii games now are just keeping the engine warm before the serious games come out.  Is that stupid of me? 

cobrax80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#48 cobrax80
Member since 2003 • 4658 Posts
[QUOTE="emawk"]

I just want to know what people who have owned the Wii for several months think about it. 

well it's getting better and better, more games announced, finally seeing full online games announced. More third party support, more m-rated games, ect. 5 years from now i expect to see a system with an awesome software library. The games out right now are pretty good for an early console in it's launch phase.

Mitazaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Mitazaki
Member since 2005 • 1501 Posts

im still enjoying my wii, i play wii sports every day to try get some more gold medals, i finished zelda and thought it was an amazing game and just got eledees and super monkey ball which both are so much fun. i only got 1 vc game but its one of the best mega drive games ever. gunstar heroes.

its a great gaming machine but if nintendo dont start bringing out new games and when i say new i mean not the same big 3 which i do really like but something new that really shows what the wii can do or they will probbly have another gamecube on their hands.

ball_of_air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ball_of_air
Member since 2007 • 2105 Posts
I bought a Wii, but then the novelty wore off.