Who Here Has Both a Vita and 3DS?

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by xGamePlayerx19 (378 posts) -

I own both, and enjoy them both for their own reasons. I like my 3DS because it has a great library and the DS has one too. I like my Vita though for the games like Gravity Rush and Persona 4G, as well as the hardware, its impressive. Though I do feel my 3DS will get much more attention this year becasue of Monster Hunter, Animla Crossing and Pokemon, so hopefully 2014 will be Vitas year. Thier both great handhelds in their own way.

#52 Posted by josephl64 (4424 posts) -
[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="josephl64"][QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"]Took some pictures of my collections: PS VIta: http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s581/VoidedEssence/Video%20Game%20Collections/PSVitaCollection03-17-2013_zps69ed3b53.jpg http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s581/VoidedEssence/Video%20Game%20Collections/PSVitaCollectionII03-17-2013_zps6adf81b7.jpg 3DS: http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s581/VoidedEssence/Video%20Game%20Collections/Nintendo3DSCollection03-17-2013_zpseea18e88.jpg http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s581/VoidedEssence/Video%20Game%20Collections/Nintendo3DSCollectionII03-17-2013_zpse16c5aa5.jpg http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s581/VoidedEssence/Video%20Game%20Collections/Nintendo3DSCollectionIII03-17-2013_zps3ba5042f.jpg

I own both and I'm just curious, how do you like "Ciel no Surge" and "Labyrinth no Kanata"?

I haven't played Ciel No Surge yet. Labyrinth No Kanata is a pretty mediocore game. Only thing slightly interesting is the rock paper scissors mechanics of the battle system.

aww, you mean Labyrinth no Kanata's story wasn't that good? What a shame...
#53 Posted by rockydog1111 (2076 posts) -

I do, and I enjoy them both. As to which I prefer, it really depends on my mood for which has better games, but I use my Vita more at the moment, but that is looking to change in the next few months. The actual os and features, I strongly prefer the Vita over the 3DS. As a whole though, they are both really good at what they do. 

#54 Posted by V3rciS (2215 posts) -

I have both and I love love them each to death! With my Vita I get games that are just like the ones on my console! But with the 3ds I get games speccifacly made for the 3ds. The Vita right now reminds me of the first year of the 3ds and even a little today, There are many games but only some worth playing. What do you guys think (Honest oppnions please)

soapman72

I have both... I'm using the 3ds just for a few games that I want to play the rest when it comes to portable device I prefer VITA as well as when going to sleep everytime in bed I have the need to use my VITA for internet browsing etc... it's like a ritual everytime for me!

#55 Posted by Videodogg (12604 posts) -

I have both. The Vita hands down is my favorite, but every now and then the 3DS springs to life with a quality game that gets my attention. But, more often than not, the games really disappoint me on the 3DS...the quality and selection of games just is not as great as the fanboys claim or the sales support. But, i feel the future is bright for both systems and really hate the stupid system wars thing.

#56 Posted by buwiset (293 posts) -

I own both (2 PS Vita and 1 3DS XL Mario Kart bundle). I have 20+ Vita games (retail + digital) /10 PSP games and 9 PS1 games, on 3DS I only have 7 retail games. I like Vita games more but I also enjoy some of my 3DS games.

img2248e.jpg

#57 Posted by mems_1224 (47818 posts) -
only a 3ds. nothing on the vita interests me yet
#58 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3566 posts) -
I have both. Right now the 3DS is on a different planet. The only thing at the moment that keeps me going back to the Vita is trophies. That and one day I will start playing Persona 4 Golden without distractions.
#59 Posted by wakefulness (3989 posts) -

Handhelds, bro.

#60 Posted by joel_c17 (2885 posts) -
I have both but mainly play the vita.
#61 Posted by Optical_Order (5100 posts) -

Don't own either, but I've played both and while they're both solid machines, the 3DS library interests me more by far. 

Have a feeling if I bought a Vita it'd be the PSP all over again for me. Play a few decent games here and there, but overall just lacking. Now seems like a good time to get into the 3DS though. 

#62 Posted by katana_duo (1751 posts) -
I do. Do I get a cookie?
#63 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
i got vita at launch, 3ds this past xmas. Love them both, but vita more.
#64 Posted by -Patrick_92- (2168 posts) -

Really impressed with the posts in this thread, much more civilized than PS3 and 360 threads lol

#65 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25989 posts) -

Really impressed with the posts in this thread, much more civilized than PS3 and 360 threads lol

-Patrick_92-

This isn't the first time this has happened.

#66 Posted by _Matt_ (9035 posts) -

I have both and thoroughly enjoy both :) , great systems

#67 Posted by Malta_1980 (11466 posts) -

Only got the PSV but am seriously thinking about getting the 3DS... 

Considering they have different games libraries, having both wld be great..

Also I'm amazed by the game collections of some posters in here, so far I only got 14 games + 8 downloadable titles for my PSV...  

#68 Posted by dogfather76 (589 posts) -

I have them both. I have high hopes for the Vita but really think I should have waited on the 3DS. I just don't see myself ever really playing it.

#69 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7511 posts) -

[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"][QUOTE="josephl64"] I own both and I'm just curious, how do you like "Ciel no Surge" and "Labyrinth no Kanata"?josephl64
I haven't played Ciel No Surge yet. Labyrinth No Kanata is a pretty mediocore game. Only thing slightly interesting is the rock paper scissors mechanics of the battle system.

Are you serious? It's a Tri-Ace game. :lol:

Tri-Ace does amazing battle systems but outside of Star Ocean I & II, their story and characters range from mediocore to garbage.

#70 Posted by Malta_1980 (11466 posts) -

[QUOTE="josephl64"][QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"] I haven't played Ciel No Surge yet. Labyrinth No Kanata is a pretty mediocore game. Only thing slightly interesting is the rock paper scissors mechanics of the battle system.FlamesOfGrey

Tri-Ace does amazing battle systems but outside of Star Ocean I & II, their story and characters range from mediocore to garbage.

well garbage is a bit harsh :)

but I do agree with you, storytelling is their weakness !!

#71 Posted by _Matt_ (9035 posts) -

I do. Do I get a cookie?katana_duo

Yes, yes you do :)

You do however have to buy it yourself

#72 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8957 posts) -

-Patrick_92-
Yeah I just realised that. Didn't expect that to be honest.
#73 Posted by Bladebri (239 posts) -

Have had a 3DS / 3DSXL for over a year now and just recently got a Vita during a sale.  I enjoy both a lot since I never owned a DS or PSP beforehand.

#74 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4714 posts) -

I've had a launch 3DS for nearly two years now. Its been a pretty good ride and is only getting better. I want to get a PS Vita someday but like many console prices and memory cards are too expensive.

I wish they would make a Vita Lite model, make it slide out like the PSP Go, cut the screen size down to like 4 inches, make battery life better and slap in a microSD card slot personally though I know most of that will never happen.

Once I can get a Vita for $149 with at least 4GB memory (via built in or memory card) than I'll bite.

#75 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26755 posts) -

I have both. Vita as of now is getting more attention but ill get back to my 3ds soon enough since I have a few games for it like KH and fire emblem.

#76 Posted by josephl64 (4424 posts) -

[QUOTE="josephl64"][QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"] I haven't played Ciel No Surge yet. Labyrinth No Kanata is a pretty mediocore game. Only thing slightly interesting is the rock paper scissors mechanics of the battle system.FlamesOfGrey

well remember all I saw were their initial trailers that looked amazingly promising
#77 Posted by osan0 (12864 posts) -

I've had a launch 3DS for nearly two years now. Its been a pretty good ride and is only getting better. I want to get a PS Vita someday but like many console prices and memory cards are too expensive.

I wish they would make a Vita Lite model, make it slide out like the PSP Go, cut the screen size down to like 4 inches, make battery life better and slap in a microSD card slot personally though I know most of that will never happen.

Once I can get a Vita for $149 with at least 4GB memory (via built in or memory card) than I'll bite.

bonesawisready5
i was thinking something along those lines myself regarding a smaller vita. good idea. i would go one step further though possibly and release 2 new versions. a pocket friendly 4" version as you describe and a 7" version. i was thinking 10" but at that size games could look a bit poor. i have to say though with regard to the battery its not bad. its not GBA SP good (nothing portable is these days) but it aint bad.
#78 Posted by cainetao11 (18321 posts) -
My vita gets more time than my 3 ds, but really they're both just for field training and traveling. Just got the show '13 for Vita today. Havent bought anything for 3ds in a while.
#79 Posted by p4s2p0 (4167 posts) -
[QUOTE="-Patrick_92-"]

Xaero_Gravity
Yeah I just realised that. Didn't expect that to be honest.

Which is interesting because we are more different than the ps360 crowd.
#80 Posted by 1-UPking82 (101 posts) -
I own both, and I enjoy them both. But I enjoy my Vita more (calm down nerds, sorry but some people take offense to this opinion), really it's just how great the device is it's self. It's the perfect hand held, and contrary to popular myth it does have a decent amount of quality titles to keep you hooked. I have been playing Uncharted, All-Stars, Gravity Rush, plus a lot of PS1 classics like FF7, Chrono Cross,and Tactics. Nothing is better than portable Chrono Cross and FF7 I can tell you that. Tie this in with Netflix and Youtube, and being able to check my trophies and friends, and the Vita is the perfect handheld. Plus if you're a PlayStation Plus Member you get the entire Vita library for FREE, but alas I am not a Plus Member because I pay for XBL instead. The future of the system though does leave me a bit puzzled, I hope Sony supports it more. But for someone who is looking at getting one of these handhelds I would recommend the Vita to them if they are willing to pay it's steeper price. I like my 3DS too, but it has nothing on the Vita.
#81 Posted by Comduter (2219 posts) -

I have both.  Love both.  They're the two best handheld game consoles I ever played.  My Vita has been getting a lot more attention lately.  Maybe that'll change if the upcoming Donkey Kong Country returns 3D turns out to be a good game.  I'm looking forward to it.

#82 Posted by RyanShazam (6498 posts) -
This guy right here
#83 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

I have neither. I'm such a hipster :cool:.

#84 Posted by AcidThunder (2332 posts) -

Michael0134567
you are not alone
#85 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -
[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

AcidThunder
you are not alone

I'm no longer a hipster :(.
#86 Posted by AcidThunder (2332 posts) -
[QUOTE="AcidThunder"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

Michael0134567
you are not alone

don't worry we can be hipsters together
#87 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -
[QUOTE="AcidThunder"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="AcidThunder"] you are not alone

It's just not the same, bro.
#88 Posted by AcidThunder (2332 posts) -

[QUOTE="AcidThunder"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"] I'm no longer a hipster :(.Michael0134567

well if you don't want it then okay :(

#89 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="AcidThunder"] don't worry we can be hipsters togetherAcidThunder

Good :cool:.
#90 Posted by Comduter (2219 posts) -

[QUOTE="AcidThunder"]

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"] It's just not the same, bro.Michael0134567

You two should hang out.  You can have fun trying to act like you're not having fun together.

#91 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="AcidThunder"]

Comduter

You two should hang out.  You can have fun trying to act like you're not having fun together.

Sounds like fun.