Who here actually likes the Vita and/or the Wii U?

#1 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5991 posts) -

"The failed systems"

I have a Wii U and my only regret was buying it in summer 2013. And I plan to get a Vita, so that should say something.

#2 Edited by SolidGame_basic (18917 posts) -

I've had a Vita since launch and there were times I were disappointed, up until Persona 4 Golden came out. I've had a Wii U since last November and I don't get regret it at all. AND there are plenty of games to play. One thing I don't get about people who bitch about the Wii is why did you buy it if you don't like the games currently on it. Just makes no sense..

#3 Edited by 93BlackHawk93 (5991 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

I've had a Vita since launch and there were times I were disappointed, up until Persona 4 Golden came out. I've had a Wii U since last November and I don't get regret it at all. AND there are plenty of games to play. One thing I don't get about people who bitch about the Wii is why did you buy it if you don't like the games currently on it. Just makes no sense..

Gargus is a fine example.

#4 Edited by slaves (1358 posts) -

I haven't bought a WIiU yet but it's getting time. As for my Vita, I really like it. I haven't put much time on it since I got my PS4 other than trying out the remote play. I got mine when Assassin's Creed Liberation came out (got the bundle) and a 32gb card. I have a ton of games on it just need to fine the time to play them.

#5 Posted by Kenny789 (10270 posts) -

Enjoy the Wii U quite a bit but wish I didn't get the Vita. I do plan on getting FFX and X-2 on it though so it gets some game time!

#6 Posted by Ballroompirate (23581 posts) -

I don't have a Wii-U so I can't comment on that since I won't be getting one tell X comes out. As for the Vita, I've had it for a good 2.5 months and I love it.

#7 Posted by blamix (203 posts) -

Love them both, playing FFX on my Vita. Getting my WiiU this may with MK8

#8 Posted by DaBrainz (7721 posts) -

The WiiU is awesome. The Vita just has those crappy sticks that I can't get used to.

#9 Posted by Heil68 (46420 posts) -

My WiiU doesn't get played. Dont have a Vita..yet.

#10 Edited by YearoftheSnake5 (7851 posts) -

I love my Wii U, but I'm very disappointed in how Nintendo has handled it.

Never wanted a Vita.

#11 Posted by freedomfreak (42322 posts) -

Vita is a cool piece of tech. I just don't feel inclined enough to buy one.

WiiU.. The menu tunes are nice.

#12 Posted by locopatho (20523 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

One thing I don't get about people who bitch about the Wii is why did you buy it if you don't like the games currently on it. Just makes no sense..

Because you can like a few of exclusives on it but then be faced by a vast barren desert once those are complete? That's when you get your WiiU fun by bitching about it on System Wars :P

#13 Posted by trugs26 (5779 posts) -

I have a Wii U. Since launch. I'm enjoying it quite a lot.

#14 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3692 posts) -

I like them both a lot! I play the Vita almost everyday now since The Show came out and the Wii U a couple times a week. And when Mario Kart 8 comes out I will probably play the Wii U more than the PS4 and Xbox One. I don't think I have ever regretted a video game purchase.

#15 Posted by speedfog (3333 posts) -

I love my Wii u bought it on release date, problem is i'm out of games now for it. Maybe i'll buy some more next month.

Never bought a VITA, it doesn't feel worth it plus I don't realy have time for an other piece of tech to play games on.

#16 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3724 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

Vita is a cool piece of tech. I just don't feel inclined enough to buy one.

WiiU.. The menu tunes are nice.

Perhaps you should get some more games.

#17 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (26071 posts) -

They're both actually really cool systems.

It's a shame I'm not playing on my Vita more (or WiiU), but from what I've played on both they're actually neat.

#18 Posted by freedomfreak (42322 posts) -
@princessgomez92 said:

Perhaps you should get some more games.

I'm getting Mario Kart when it releases.

#19 Posted by Dragerdeifrit (244 posts) -

i got a Wii U along with my ps4 and Xbone, i dont regret it, its quite weak compared to the other 2. but it has amazing games, never player Monster Hunter before and im loving it. also first timer on windwaker as well, playin all the RPGs i missed on the Wii like xenoblade and last story, cant wait for monolith's X , xenogears its my favourite RPG ever.

#20 Posted by madskills6117 (4029 posts) -

I've owned both since launch. There were times when they collected dust but I really enjoy each console.

#21 Posted by coasterguy65 (6157 posts) -

I've never been that interested in a Vita, but I have so many Vita games from PS+ that I will eventually get one. The remote play also interests me. If it hits the $150 sweet spot price wise, I'll get one.

I bought a Wind Waker Wii-U last Christmas, but I changed my mind and returned it. Too expensive for the few games that it has that I want to play. If the price drops some, or if Nintendo ever gets around to bringing out a new Zelda game then I will probably take the plunge.

#22 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3724 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@princessgomez92 said:

Perhaps you should get some more games.

I'm getting Mario Kart when it releases.

That's quite a while away. I'm sure there's some other masterpieces already out you haven't gotten.

#23 Posted by MBirdy88 (8976 posts) -

I've had my Vita for 2 weeks now, the Remote play with PS4 is amazing. Tearaway is great, I love being able to play FFX HD on the go, and Dissidia 012 .... seems to be more japanese games on this system than the damn PS3/Nintendo consoles....

It doesn't have alot of "unique" games to itself.... but it has a lot of great oldies... for portable gaming, thats fine.

I enjoyed playing Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag through remote play while the girlfriend hogged the big TV :P worked like a charm.

Wii U? I may pick one up in the future... depending on how good Smash Bros "Glory Mode" MP is.... I just can't justify it Nintendo.

#24 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17430 posts) -

I own both the WiiU and Vita since a short while ago.

I don't really care how popular a console/handheld is, as long as it has the games I want to play. Vita has some great games and so does WiiU. Of course they could always use more, but that's the same with Xbone and PS4 too...

#25 Edited by Ghost120x (4095 posts) -

I have and love both. Both consoles are seriously overhated. Vita is getting some niche support but there is still fun to be had. The big retail releases are small but you can make up for it with plenty of psp games and inde games. I play street fighter alpha 3 daily, it looks gorgeous.

The wii u is fine with great first party games but don't expect anything from third party. Nintendo's games tend to have more replay value than most games. I will be playing mario kart/ smash bros for years and there is nothing wrong with that.

#26 Posted by freedomfreak (42322 posts) -
@princessgomez92 said:

That's quite a while away. I'm sure there's some other masterpieces already out you haven't gotten.

Hmmm... I don't know. Donkey Kong is only a 6, so I'm not picking that up.

#27 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3724 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@princessgomez92 said:

That's quite a while away. I'm sure there's some other masterpieces already out you haven't gotten.

Hmmm... I don't know. Donkey Kong is only a 6, so I'm not picking that up.

Didn't you pick up ZombiU?

#28 Posted by freedomfreak (42322 posts) -
@princessgomez92 said:

Didn't you pick up ZombiU?

I like zombies. They get a pass.

#29 Edited by Xaero_Gravity (9443 posts) -

Vita is pretty cool, Wii U not so much. Only console I've ever sold. It's going to suck missing out on the next Zelda, but there just isn't anything else that interests me. I'll probably just pick it back up again once the gen is over.

#30 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (9028 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@princessgomez92 said:

Didn't you pick up ZombiU?

I like zombies. They get a pass.

Gamespot gave that game a 4 though.

#31 Posted by freedomfreak (42322 posts) -
@speedfreak48t5p said:

Gamespot gave that game a 4 though.

I like zombies. They get a pass.

#32 Posted by Shewgenja (10327 posts) -

I love my Vita. When I'm on business overseas it's my lifeline to my friends and gaming. I can skype my friends and family. I can watch Netflix when I'm winding down. I can get my gaming on with it when I don't want to play MMOs on my laptop. It does so much that I think I would lose my mind without it. Not fanboyism or stupid shit talking, I actually really use it a lot when I travel. It's a fantastic system!

#33 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3724 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@princessgomez92 said:

Didn't you pick up ZombiU?

I like zombies. They get a pass.

Zombies are lame.

#34 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (18257 posts) -

Neither is a failed system.

Love my Wii U I have more reason to own it than I do a Vita.

#35 Posted by freedomfreak (42322 posts) -
@princessgomez92 said:

Zombies are lame.

Stop it.

#36 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (18257 posts) -

@coasterguy65 said:

I've never been that interested in a Vita, but I have so many Vita games from PS+ that I will eventually get one. The remote play also interests me. If it hits the $150 sweet spot price wise, I'll get one.

I bought a Wind Waker Wii-U last Christmas, but I changed my mind and returned it. Too expensive for the few games that it has that I want to play. If the price drops some, or if Nintendo ever gets around to bringing out a new Zelda game then I will probably take the plunge.

I honestly don't get people who buy a console only to return it. I mean...did you not already know whats on it to play or whether or not you would get the most out of it?

Hell, you already bought it, costs nothing more to keep it around until the great games come out.

Again...people who sell consoles perplex me. Why bother. Better to keep her.

#37 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7752 posts) -

The Wii U is the best current gen console. The Vita is almost as good as the 3DS.

#38 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3724 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@princessgomez92 said:

Zombies are lame.

Stop it.

Get more Wii and Wii U games then. Join the sheep side.

#39 Posted by locopatho (20523 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@freedomfreak said:
@princessgomez92 said:

Didn't you pick up ZombiU?

I like zombies. They get a pass.

Gamespot gave that game a 4 though.

Don't know why. It's fun. Prob a 7/10 for me. Doesn't have the crappiness I'd expect from a 4/10 game, just a bit bland.

#40 Posted by Blabadon (27964 posts) -

Don't see how anyone couldn't like either one of them.

#41 Posted by k--m--k (1029 posts) -

Wii U is okay, I hardly use it.

But the Vita is one of best handheld consoles I ever had, much better device than the 3DS

the only thing holding it back is that it doesnt have as much games as 3DS

#42 Posted by freedomfreak (42322 posts) -
@princessgomez92 said:

Get more Wii and Wii U games then. Join the sheep side.

I got Mad World a few days ago. Nothing on the WiiU that interests me as of now.

#43 Posted by coasterguy65 (6157 posts) -

@Bread_or_Decide said:

@coasterguy65 said:

I've never been that interested in a Vita, but I have so many Vita games from PS+ that I will eventually get one. The remote play also interests me. If it hits the $150 sweet spot price wise, I'll get one.

I bought a Wind Waker Wii-U last Christmas, but I changed my mind and returned it. Too expensive for the few games that it has that I want to play. If the price drops some, or if Nintendo ever gets around to bringing out a new Zelda game then I will probably take the plunge.

I honestly don't get people who buy a console only to return it. I mean...did you not already know whats on it to play or whether or not you would get the most out of it?

Hell, you already bought it, costs nothing more to keep it around until the great games come out.

Again...people who sell consoles perplex me. Why bother. Better to keep her.

I never opened it. It was more of an impulse buy because it was the Wind Waker Limited Edition. I figured they would sell out quickly so I grabbed it when I saw it available. After some thought it was decided that the money could be used better on other gifts.

#44 Posted by Telekill (4973 posts) -

I love my PSV. I've had it since launch and it's pretty versatile. The sad part is that it became an indie games machine and for the most part, I don't care about indie games.

The PSV needs more AAA games from both first and third parties. I don't have a problem with indie games so long as that's not the majority of games on the system. Where is a new Uncharted, Infamous, Tomb Raider, Resident Evil or Mass Effect? These are the games that sell and PSV is lacking.

#45 Edited by MonsieurX (31372 posts) -

I love my Wii U

Super Mario 3D World is amazing

#46 Posted by charizard1605 (60172 posts) -

I have both, and I love both. System Wars shitting on them is indicative of the overall shittiness of their opinions.

#48 Posted by donalbane (16370 posts) -

I have both, and while I never touch the WIi U, I really enjoy the Vita. Not on a regular basis, but once in a while I have a good time playing during breaks at work, or using remote play when my wife is doing something on the TV. I've been replaying the MGS games, and it was cool playing at home, then taking it on the go, then picking up where I left off at home again. Aside from having to buy 2 versions of the same game, it was a tremendous experience.

#49 Edited by Pikminmaniac (9249 posts) -

I love the Wii U. It has a number of very high quality games that I'm enjoying a very good deal and I love some of the unique built in features.

Top tier games

-Pikmin 3 provides a very well designed campaign that's designed for speed runs much like every Pikmin and has the added leaderboard to further promote better completions. There's also a series of challenge maps with exceptional design and challenge both for attempting a platinum medal and beating everyone elses scores on the leaderboards.

-Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze is the star of the Wii U's line up right now. A perfect platformer ifI ever played one. The controls are perfect, the level design is the best it's ever been, and the challenge is harsher than ever. Also, as was the case with Returns, there's a monstrous amount of content to keep you busy for well over 100 hours. It does everything right. It's a masterpiece through and through from design to content to visuals to music.

-Super Mario 3D World is perhaps the most tightly designed 3D Mario to date. almost every moment of each level feels like it has purpose which is hard to achieve in a 3D platformer. The creativity is also still there and the difficulty ramps up higher than it ever has in a 3D platformer before.

Great features

-Miiverse: the ability to share your creativity and/or gaming experiences with others is truly satisfying. It really effect the way you play a game. Sometimes you just want to find that perfect screen shot to share.

-Off TV play: this is a really handy feature that allows remote play away from the TV. It works flawlessly and even with Netflix.

-touchscreen: the touchscreen as offered a great creative outlet for those who love to draw. I myself have spent hours creating drawings to share on the miiverse community. It's also great to see the works of art others have managed through the built in drawing function or Art Academy. Here are just some of the creations I've produced on the console.

#50 Posted by Slashkice (13541 posts) -

I have over 60 games for my Vita already.

I think I like it.