Who else is feeling nostalgic?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shairoo11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 shairoo11
Member since 2007 • 196 Posts

Hey guys,

I don't usually debate or in fact go on the forums sections, instead I just watch reviews and leave. 

I wanted your input about what you guys feel about the xbox one console comming or even the ps4. The reason behind this is that, recently while playing video games on my xbox 360 (I've been off college, SO FINNALLY GETTING SOME TIME TO PLAY!!), I just realized that why is it necessary to bring out a next-gen console out? I mean it could of waited another couple of years tbh. You  guys might say: "Technology has advaced thus consoles should too", I agree but common, the xbox one is actualy pretty dissapointing. It has taken away the fun of playing with freinds, exchanging games, renting, and all. Now it just feels like a big money making console. I don't know if I will buy it upon release, If I will, it will probably be in a couple of christmases or next summer. I feel that my xbox 360 deserves all attention. I don't want to sound depressing or inadequate toward mordern technology and gaming, but if the xbox one was better that what has been showcased, then maybe my views would of been different.

I just love the past, where we actually enjoyed gaming, where the true porpose of ocnsoles where just gaming, renting and onling politiking. 

What do you guys think?

Avatar image for Infinite_Access
Infinite_Access

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Infinite_Access
Member since 2007 • 2483 Posts
I remember the days when I could trade/sell/play games offline/ play games forever because they weren't connected to servers. OH what a dark route we are taking.
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#3 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

I don't feel nostalgic.

Even on Games I'm supposed to feel nostalgic about I don't get nostalgic (like new Zelda games or Mario games).

only on games that I have played and loved in the past do I feel nostalgic about.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
No, I just want to play TLoU already.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

I don't feel nostalgic.

Even on Games I'm supposed to feel nostalgic about I don't get nostalgic (like new Zelda games or Mario games).

only on games that I have played and loved in the past do I feel nostalgic about.

LegatoSkyheart

Depends.  Zelda usually gets me nostalgic, but Skyward Sword did nothing for me in that sense.  well I shouldnt say NOTHING, but most of the time nothing.  A good game doesn't rely on nostalgia but nails it so well it makes you nostalgiac, while realizing the vast improvement in the series.  MGS4 is a wonderful example of this.  Wind Waker did a great job too.  metroid Prime as well.

On a more console related note, I agree and disagree with you.  First of all, the gen doesn't need to last longer than it has.  It is time for new consoles.  Do I feel nostalgiac?  I kinda always do to an extent.  I mean hell, I remember renting games from grocery stores and such.  so many great memories.  And while I don't necessarily think this is always a bad thing, its funny how being with friends now, almost always makes it so you cannot play together, since online is the only way to play.  Times have changed so much, that is for sure.  Some good some bad.  Such is life.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

I get nostalgia from the Skyrim OST, last time I played it was like 4 months ago lolol.

If I had the PC version I'd still be playing it but I have the PS3 version.

tryagainlater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7 tryagainlater
Member since 2005 • 7446 Posts
No, I just want to play TLoU already.Nengo_Flow
Why? It got an 8.0 on just this site so it's clearly the worst thing ever created by man, silly.
CJ_ofCamelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CJ_ofCamelot
Member since 2013 • 2072 Posts
Is this against the cows?: Not I says the cow. Is it against the lemmings?: Not I says the lemming. Is it against the sheep?: :( If it is against the hermits, it has already been reported.
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"]No, I just want to play TLoU already.tryagainlater
Why? It got an 8.0 on just this site so it's clearly the worst thing ever created by man, silly.

I like playing terrible games :P
LASer354

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LASer354
Member since 2013 • 319 Posts

Not me.