Who do you believe will be last place in sales next gen?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

phonemug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 phonemug
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

Of the big 3 of course.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
sony, they dont know how to advertise
Grawse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Grawse
Member since 2010 • 4342 Posts
I'm shocked you listed MS. On your other account you left them off the poll of who would have the worst E3.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Don't know, don't care. At the end of the day, it's the offerings that I get.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
M$ will go casual all the way,so it won't happen. Nintendo is warranted to get good sales with wii u. So it comes down to Sony.
KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

sony doesnt know how to appeal to casuals....i fear last place again for them.

phonemug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 phonemug
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

I'm shocked you listed MS. On your other account you left them off the poll of who would have the worst E3.Grawse
Could quite possibly be because that's not my other account.

Avatar image for KillerCannonade
KillerCannonade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KillerCannonade
Member since 2012 • 403 Posts

[QUOTE="Grawse"]I'm shocked you listed MS. On your other account you left them off the poll of who would have the worst E3.phonemug

Could quite possibly be because that's not my other account.

Sony fans.
BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BibiMaghoo
Member since 2009 • 4018 Posts
Nintendo.
clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

I want it to go 1. PS4 2. Xbox 720 3. Nintendo Kiddie

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

ITT: people saying "dont know, dont care" are Sony fans who cant bring themselves to say "Sony" :lol:

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

ITT: people saying "dont know, dont care" are Sony fans who cant bring themselves to say "Sony" :lol:

StrongDeadlift

Nah.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 loosingENDS
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

Easilly Sony

Noone cares for PS and Sony games anymore

What was good about PS1-2, like FF etc is gone forever and there is no turning back

Avatar image for KillerCannonade
KillerCannonade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KillerCannonade
Member since 2012 • 403 Posts

Easilly Sony

What was good about PS1-2, like FF etc is gone forever and there is no turning back

loosingENDS
They lost 78% of all third party execlusives this gen from the PS1 and Ps2 days.
Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts

Probably Sony. They think the Vita will actually be successful. That alone tells me what their strategy is for next-gen.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

Sony learned a hard truth, they aren't kings, they aren't invincible and hardcore niche titles aren't as profitable as they once were. I just hope that in Japan their HQ's aren't run by the same stubborn fools they had this gen. As long as I get games i'm willing to spend money on then I don't care, Wii U/PS4 appears to be the big combo next gen since MS has gone after sucking every dollar possible then dropping their fans like a stone but not before brainwashing them and making them think 2 good games a year is worth it.

arto1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 arto1223
Member since 2005 • 4412 Posts

This seems to have backfired for you. Microsoft is in the worst shap from the poll. Surprised you even listed MS in the poll.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#19 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Kinda a hard call to make when we've only just barely seen one of the next gen consoles. If I had to guess though I'd go with Nintendo. It looks like they're trying to directly compete with Microsoft and Sony now, they're anvantage this gen was making cheap affordable hardware while going for the casuals.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#20 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
MS in my case.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ShadowsDemon
[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

Easilly Sony

lol. Yeah, FF13 sold almost 5 million copies on the PS3 alone because nobody cares about ut. :lol:
StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 StrongDeadlift

Sony learned a hard truth, they aren't kings, they aren't invincible and hardcore niche titles aren't as profitable as they once were.

JohnF111

no they havent. If their ACTIONS are anything to judge (not their words), then they havent learned ANY of that. They still believe they are god, they can do no wrong, and just like their fanboys, they are convinced everything that is happening to them is perfectly normal. Sony takes "make.believe" seriously.

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

Easilly Sony

ShadowsDemon

lol. Yeah, FF13 sold almost 5 million copies on the PS3 alone because nobody cares about ut. :lol:

Final Fantasy 13-2 was a disaster, it only sold 400k in the US. The franchise has lost a lot of relevancy.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 StrongDeadlift

[QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

Easilly Sony

ShadowsDemon

Because the majority of those people spent $600 on what was essentially a paperweight, under the guise that it was a PS3 exclusive. :lol:

Also, the exeption =/= the rule.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"][QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

Easilly Sony

StrongDeadlift

Because the majority of those people spent $600 on what was essentially a paperweight, under the guise that it was a PS3 exclusive. :lol:

Jeez, for someone who says he just likes messing around with cows a lot, you sure take this stuff seriously.
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#26 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

[QUOTE="JohnF111"]

Sony learned a hard truth, they aren't kings, they aren't invincible and hardcore niche titles aren't as profitable as they once were.

StrongDeadlift

no they havent. If their ACTIONS are anything to judge (not their words), then they havent learned ANY of that. They still believe they are god, they can do no wrong, and just like their fanboys, they are convinced everything that is happening to them is perfectly normal. Sony takes "make.believe" seriously.

What the hell are you talking about? Vita = Easier architecture, they invited developers to the design stages to make it easier on them, they had both casual and core games(or they're having them at least). The hardware was reasonably priced, and you think that they think they're still gods? The executives themselves even Kaz said they're in big trouble... They are, have been and will do wrong again, even the Vita(their best project this gen as far as consumers go) had issues like memory card prices and poor battery life.

If i take your advise and judge them on their actions, not their words then all I see is the truth, they let hundreds of employees go and sold some money pits, that tells me they are struggling, oh but wait that's exactly what they said so it must wrong because Sony said it!! :roll: Get your head out of your anus, you're delusional.

XanderZane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 XanderZane
Member since 2006 • 5174 Posts
Sony probably won't release the PS4 until 2014 or later. They are losing billions every quarter and I doubt they have the cash right now to launch a new console they will put them even further in the red. I think they will again release a year or two after everyone else. The Wii U is a crap shoot right now. If they can deliver the games with HD graphics this time around, they may have a shaky start. Microsoft will need to get a lot more 1st party exclusives this time around and a much improved Kinect with better response and more innovative games. Everything for them have to 2 or more levels higher for the new XBox to take off.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ShadowsDemon
[QUOTE="StrongDeadlift"]

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"][QUOTE="loosingENDS"]

Easilly Sony

Doesn't matter. It still sold the copies. :)
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

It'll mainly depend on who launches with the most expensive system. So that places it between Microsoft and Sony, as Nintendo always releases theirs at affordable prices for mass consumer accessibility.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

Of the big 3 of course.

phonemug
Why the f*ck would anyone care, aside from stockholders?
ispeakfact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ispeakfact
Member since 2011 • 5317 Posts
Hopefully Sony, since being in last place has yielded the best and most ips this gen.
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

Hopefully Sony, since being in last place has yielded the best and most ips this gen.ispeakfact

I gotta say, I didn't expect you of all people to actually hope for Sony to be last :P

Avatar image for Raymundo_Manuel
Raymundo_Manuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Raymundo_Manuel
Member since 2010 • 4641 Posts

If they were to follow the exact same trends they're following RIGHT now I'd put Nintendo as the lowest seller.

The thing is that it's easy to see from history how dramatically the console landscape can change in just a year's time. This generation everyone beat Sony simply because Sony kept following what they were doing, and were caught completely off-guard when Nintendo and MS came out to offer wildly different, or flat out superior products that appealed to markets that Sony didn't even consider.

I have a sneaking suspsicion Nintendo has something up their sleeves for the next generation. They've kept quiet, but I have a feeling the Wii U IS going to have an awesome online system given that I have heard them praise Xbox Live in the past. Not only that, but they want to embrace the download side of things so maybe they understand the success of Steam and the app store would be great for their console.

ispeakfact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ispeakfact
Member since 2011 • 5317 Posts

[QUOTE="ispeakfact"]Hopefully Sony, since being in last place has yielded the best and most ips this gen.AdobeArtist

I gotta say, I didn't expect you of all people to actually hope for Sony to be last :P

I don't own shares or am employed by Sony, so whatever "place" they financially fall under is of no concern to me. I can only come to decisions based on what has transpired. Thus, last place=most and best exclusives.
Shinobi120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Shinobi120
Member since 2004 • 5728 Posts

Sony probably won't release the PS4 until 2014 or later. They are losing billions every quarter and I doubt they have the cash right now to launch a new console that will put them even further in the red. I think they will again release a year or two after everyone else. The Wii U is a crap shoot right now. If they can deliver the games with HD graphics this time around, they may have a shaky start. Microsoft will need to get a lot more 1st party exclusives this time around and a much improved Kinect with better response and more innovative games. Everything for them have to 2 or more levels higher for the new XBox to take off. XanderZane

But the thing is, Sony knows that they can't even afford to wait until 2014 or later to launch the PS4. It's suicide to give your competitors a head start for more than a year. That's exactly what happened to Nintendo & Microsoft with Xbox 1 & Gamecube when both of those consoles launched a year & a half after PS2's launch, & why Nintendo had such a tougher time competing with Sega with the Genesis when they launched the SNES 2 years after the Genesis came out.

If that happens, then they might as well give up & close down their gaming division.

verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts

There is always a lot of Microsoft hate. Poor guys.

If current rates continue, I might actually assume that Microsoft will fall because of the third console curse, if not, maybe Nintendo since the Wii's appeal seems to have tampered off.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#38 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
sure makes sense hedging bets when we don't even know what the 720/PS4 will entail.
roleplayer2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#39 roleplayer2004
Member since 2004 • 921 Posts

Sony only give a **** about money and they don't have any. I think Micrsoft will run away with Next Gen. Wii U will be solid but don't expect it to sell 100 million units. I'd say more around the SNES sales 40-50 Million.

Avatar image for FeedOnATreeFrog
FeedOnATreeFrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 FeedOnATreeFrog
Member since 2009 • 792 Posts

Given the state of SONY, or rather the rate at which they've lost market share, I'd they'd be last.

Microsoft has done wonders this gen with their brand.

GD1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 GD1551
Member since 2011 • 9645 Posts

who-gives-a-shit-harrison-ford.gif

Like really...

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

Probably Sony (for most of the gen), depends on how they price and launch the console. But I doubt it'll be much different from this gen.

Oh wait, it's Phonemug thread, so I'll choose MS :cool:

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#43 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
I think Sony is in trouble.