Who deserves my money the most?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Basinboy (11048 posts) -

Received a $100 gift card from my company as part of the holiday season last night and I'm wondering which device of mine most deserves the funds. I've got a PS4, PS3, Vita, Xbox One, Wii U, iPad and PC (i7-2700k + GTX 670 FTW @1440p) all lined up and begging for the added attention, so I ask: which system/games are most worthy?

I'm leaning towards Vita and Wii U. For Vita I'd pick up a slew of games (Guacamelee, Sound Shapes, Tearaway, P4G) and I'd get SM3D for Wii U and possibly a peripheral. But I'm also considering reinvesting in PC hardware/peripherals or paying off future game purchases (Thief, inFamous:SS, Dark Souls 2).

What say ye? Taking any+all suggestions.

#2 Posted by lostrib (34253 posts) -

Me

#3 Edited by BruceBenzing (312 posts) -
#4 Posted by marcheegsr (2513 posts) -

Your going to get a wide range of suggestions.

#5 Posted by bezza2011 (2372 posts) -

I'd definitely go for the Wii U just for the fact it allows you to feel better in having a Wii U. and maybe a ps vita, why not end of the day xbox one and ps4 don't have anymore games until 2014 so might aswel use the money for the good games now

#6 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2747 posts) -

Mario 3D World for sure. Then save the other $40 for the Steam holiday sale. That will get you like 10-20 games.

#7 Posted by Basinboy (11048 posts) -

Your going to get a wide range of suggestions.

That's sorta the expectation

@lostrib said:

Me

I can't give a gift card as a charitable donation. Even if I could, I am my own favorite charity.

#8 Posted by Heil68 (43407 posts) -

PS4

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/411265992875323392

#9 Edited by lostrib (34253 posts) -

hold it for game sales during/after the holidays

#10 Posted by clyde46 (44816 posts) -

If you want some handheld goodness, get a 3DS.

#11 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3454 posts) -

Wii U.

#12 Edited by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

According to the president... the government.

#13 Posted by Jaysonguy (37550 posts) -

What has the Wii U done to deserve anything? lol

#14 Edited by farrell2k (5795 posts) -

Funny how most here are suggesting you buy hardware, despite the fact that you clearly wrote the systems you own. It just goes to show you that a good amount of people don't bother reading posts.

I am going to pitch in and recommend Super Mario 3D world, if you don't already have it, and Theif for any system. There's not much else interesting.

#15 Edited by Floppy_Jim (25584 posts) -

The Vita & WiiU need all the help they can get. More P4G and Tearaway owners in the world would be swell.

#16 Edited by charizard1605 (55963 posts) -

I'd get Tearaway and Super Mario 3D World, then enjoy a merry platforming Christmas

#17 Edited by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

i'd put it towards a steam sale. will go really far.

or i'd buy myself a really nice peripheral or something, like the logitech g700s.

#18 Posted by Basinboy (11048 posts) -

or i'd buy myself a really nice peripheral or something, like the logitech g700s.

I would consider putting the money to a peripheral, but I've not seen anything worth investing in. I've already got some logitech G930s and the only thing I find wanting is Razer (or other brand) gaming keypad. I don't believe I'd get much use out of it though.

Only issue with Steam is my backlog is gigantic. I've got plenty of games there and I can wait longer for games like Metro Last Light to drop further. It's just near impossible for me to spend $100 on backlog games anymore.

#19 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7179 posts) -

I got a g500. Those are some excellent mice.

#20 Posted by TheEroica (13299 posts) -

Buy a bottle of Johnny Walker black and get destroyed over the holidays all the while thinking about how you hate work.

#21 Edited by BilkeLegenda (1932 posts) -

Donate to the church of unitology, for unitology is truth. Altman be praised.

#22 Posted by jsmoke03 (12733 posts) -

your parents

#23 Posted by Basinboy (11048 posts) -

Wound up buying SM3D and P4G, so I've around $20 and I'm thinking ill pick up VLR for Vita. I was gonna get Tearaway but found out itll be $20 at Gamespot next week so I'll just get it then.

#24 Edited by trugs26 (5287 posts) -

For Wii U, I'd suggest Mario 3D World, or Pikmin 3. For a peripheral, I'd suggest instead another controller to do multiplayer in Mario if you have someone to play with (and don't already have another controller). Enjoy an awesome game.

For upcoming Wii U games, the next two big ones are Donkey Kong and Mario Kart if any of those interest you. Mario Kart might be a while off though.

#25 Edited by trugs26 (5287 posts) -

@Basinboy: Oh nice, you already got Mario. How are you finding it so far? You playing multiplayer?

#26 Posted by Vatusus (4414 posts) -

You receive $100 gift cards from your company? fvck

Mine is a cheap fvck that gave us nothing

#27 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6896 posts) -

PS4, not the Wii U.

#28 Posted by millerlight89 (18347 posts) -

Hopefully you are not letdown by 3d world like me. No where near as good as the Wii games.

#29 Edited by crimsonman1245 (4253 posts) -

Vita and Wii U need help.

#30 Posted by Sweenix (5397 posts) -

Me ow

#31 Edited by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

Donate to the church of unitology, for unitology is truth. Altman be praised.

Dat Dead Space reference. *golf clap*

#32 Edited by Basinboy (11048 posts) -

@trugs26: still in the mail, should have it by next week

#33 Posted by BattleSpectre (5963 posts) -

Good things come to he who waits, but it comes faster to he who takes. So I'm coming to take that burden off your hands.

#34 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2388 posts) -

PS4

#35 Posted by XBOunity (2981 posts) -

XBOX ONE IF YOU HAVE A FAMILY, XBOX ONE IF YOU LIKE FPS, XBOX ONE IF YOU VALUE ONLINE, XBOX ONE IF YOU LIKE INNOVATION