Which was the bigger blow?

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) 1 year, 3 months ago

Poll: Which was the bigger blow? (96 votes)

Knack 25%
Ryse 75%

Knack getting a 4 here or Ryse getting a 4 here?

I personally have to vote Ryse as the bigger blow. Cows weren't hyping Knack and most admitted based off the videos that we saw that the game looked boring, so the 4 scores wasn't such a hard blow, BUT....Ryse was hyped to hell and back by lems and it crashed and burned big time. No way lems hyped Ryse this much and this not be a big blow to them. Sorry lems, maybe Ryse 2 will be an improvement.

#1 Posted by MonsieurX (31168 posts) -

Knack.

There was a thread it'd be better than Super Mario Galaxy and the bestest platformer ever

#2 Edited by drekula2 (1952 posts) -

Knack was the token affirmative-action non-violent game to balance the launch. Ryse was supposed to the big-time blockbuster action game.

Ryse.

#3 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

Knack.

There was a thread it'd be better than Super Mario Galaxy and the bestest platformer ever

Yes created by a troll. Try harder.

#4 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25829 posts) -

Ryse obviously. Killzone was a bigger blow than Knack.

#5 Posted by narutosup (1572 posts) -

Ryse

#6 Edited by jhonMalcovich (4970 posts) -

Gaming had a bigger blow, as both console launches were a disaster. I won´t buy any of next gen consoles until they have system sellers.

Choosing between two turds, I won´t pick up any.

#7 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@Floppy_Jim said:

Yeah I agree with that. Cows hyped the crap out of Killzone like lems did Ryse. So yeah I think KZ was a bigger blow to cows than a game nobody really hyped.

#8 Posted by locopatho (20438 posts) -

@drekula2 said:

Knack was the token affirmative-action non-violent game to balance the launch. Ryse was supposed to the big-time blockbuster action game.

Ryse.

That's a good way to put it.

#9 Posted by voljin1987 (743 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

Knack.

that was created by an obvious troll lol.. ryse wins this poll hands down.. it was hyped as the next god of war

#10 Posted by RossRichard (2408 posts) -

Ryse was hyped 9+.

#11 Posted by mrintro (1354 posts) -

Ryse. Wasn't Ryse suppose to justify the existence of Kinect?

#12 Edited by Vatusus (4872 posts) -

Ryse was way more hyped by lems than Knack was by cows. Though Killzone SF scoring a 7 was probably the biggest blow

#13 Posted by Puckhog04 (22680 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@Floppy_Jim said:

Yeah I agree with that. Cows hyped the crap out of Killzone like lems did Ryse. So yeah I think KZ was a bigger blow to cows than a game nobody really hyped.

Killzone is a fantastic game though. Knack and Ryse aren't...

#14 Posted by hiphops_savior (7992 posts) -

I think we all knew both of the games are going to be crap. That said, I would still say that Knack just reinforces how thin the PS4's launch lineup was, and I saw it coming months before hand.

If this week tells us anything, good graphics will never trump good game design. Super Mario 3D World>>>>>>Knack and Ryse.

#15 Posted by MrXboxOne (743 posts) -

Killzone took the biggest blow. Cows literally said Killzone Shadow Fall was going to be the best platform shooter and dethrone and destroy Halo. Knack...... It flopped, but I figured it was gonna get a 6. 4 is far off. But Killzone flopped bigtime!

#16 Posted by handssss (1837 posts) -

Knack is a cerny game, but from the very beginning it looked lower budget and they've been targeting it as a game for kids and families. a "2nd purchase".

Ryse is from CRYTEK and had insane marketing and budget. The combat has always looked dull, ever since E3, but MS has still been trying to prove otherwise

#17 Edited by groowagon (2854 posts) -

depends how you look at it. i had bigger expectations on Ryse than Knack, but then again, Knack was a bigger blow to PS4, since there's not that good launch titles. atleast X1 has Forza.

#18 Edited by _Matt_ (9035 posts) -

Killzone was a bigger flop than Knack. No one expected Knack to do well.

I think Ryse was a bigger flop than even Killzone though, that was hyped as a good 8 or 9/10. Assuming it was 8, it was 4 points below hype, where KIllzone was 2 points below hype.

#19 Posted by FamilyGuyFan507 (2437 posts) -

@RossRichard: Uhhh, no it wasn't.

I would say out of those two, Ryse, but including Killzone, I would say Killzone would be the biggest hit of the next generation consoles.

#20 Posted by TheLordHimself (3316 posts) -

Probably Ryse, but honestly, I was expecting both of them to suck ever since I watched gameplay videos. I think the best thing both games have done is show promise in terms of graphics. Ryse looks fantastic and might become the standard for next gen action games, and as for Knack, I can see how a company like Insomniac or Media Molecule could make an impressive looking cartoon world.

#21 Posted by PonchoTaco (2314 posts) -

Forza 5

#22 Edited by strawhatlupi (869 posts) -

Ryse is an attempt to rip God of War and miserably fail

LOL lems cant even get a decent God of War clone.

#23 Posted by super600 (30862 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

I think Ryse was a bigger flop than even Killzone though, that was hyped as a good 8 or 9/10. Assuming it was 8, it was 4 points below hype, where KIllzone was 2 points below hype.

Killzone was hyped more then ryse. A lot of users thought that ryse would get a bad score.

#24 Posted by Gue1 (10683 posts) -

everyone knew that Knack was going to flop but what took me by surprise was Killzone because the game looked very good. In fact, to me it still looks very good based on gameplay with the OWL, bigger maps, different approaches to tackle missions and stuff.

#25 Edited by _Matt_ (9035 posts) -

@super600 said:

@_Matt_ said:

Killzone was hyped more then ryse. A lot of users thought that ryse would get a bad score.

Ryse was hyped less, his is true, but it also fell a lot further. Killzone was hyped 8/9 so it dropped 1-2 from the hype.

Ryse was hyped between 7-9, so fell 3-5 points depending how you look at it. I would say that's a bigger fall.

#26 Posted by Liquid_ (2884 posts) -

ryse definitely, how is this even a question?

#27 Posted by Heil68 (46127 posts) -

Ryse..GFX king..lol

#28 Posted by lostrib (40000 posts) -

I would say Ryse. I think people knew it would be average (6-8 range), but not a 4

#29 Posted by mems_1224 (47809 posts) -

knack because cows actually hype the shit out of it. the only thing that ever looked good about ryse was the graphics

#30 Posted by Netret0120 (2255 posts) -

Ryse easily.

Cows hyped Kilzone to infinity. Lems hyped Ryse

Knack was just sorta there.

#31 Posted by JamDev (970 posts) -

The only real surprise for me was KZ, thought it actually looked pretty good from the footage we had seen, expected it to be between 8-9 on Metacritic.

Knack and Ryse looked terrible from day one to be honest.

#32 Edited by Pikminmaniac (9191 posts) -

Both were equally expected, but I'll say Knack was the bigger blow because PS4 has a less populated launch than Xbox One.

#33 Posted by -ArchAngeL-777- (3786 posts) -

Ryse, it's not even close.

#34 Posted by FinalFighters (1740 posts) -

Oh, definitely Ryse.

#35 Edited by blackace (21228 posts) -

Knack obviously as it was suppose to score better then Ryse. Just about everyone thought Ryse was going to FLOP with a 6 or 7 score. So it wasn't that big of a surprise when it did flop. Knack wasn't great either, but since it was the PS4 only other major exclusive, people thought it would get at least a 7 or 8. No one thought either of these games would get a 4 score. Both games FLOPPED hard in the end.

Please list all the lems who hyped Ryse greater then a 7. Most lems who were hyping it were hyping the graphics and not the gameplay. Everyone thought the gameplay was going to be crap in the end.

@Floppy_Jim said:

Killzone was a bigger blow then Ryse but a large margin.

#36 Posted by HaRmLeSS_RaGe (1270 posts) -

Definitely Knack. Only scoring a 4 and still being the PS4's best game? smh

#37 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8955 posts) -

I'd say Killzone to be honest, but out of those two my vote goes to Ryse. Even though I was hoping for the best with Ryse, since more good games is a good thing for everyone, I'm still shocked people were hyping it as much as they were despite all the footage out there.

#38 Posted by Clock-w0rk (3238 posts) -

Ryse because it was actually hyped by lems.

Knack was just always there in the back most peoples minds.

#39 Edited by kazrium (1545 posts) -

Ryse is a huge let down, way more then Knack was for the PS4. I was actually excited for this game, now I wonder if I should even waste the money.

#40 Posted by Snugenz (12295 posts) -

Ryse definitely, but KZ:SF getting a 7 was also a bigger blow than DR3 getting a 7 so things even out.

#41 Edited by gensigns (1480 posts) -

Killzone flopping was a bigger blow than either of them

#42 Posted by Mickeyminime (1144 posts) -

Knack looked awful from the start, Ryse looked really good, but after a while, you could start to see there might be problems. I thought the game might get a 6.5, but a 4, wow, that's bad. X1 has only 2 games that interested me, Ryse and Halo. Knack got a 4 and to be honest, that was most likely the reviewer being generous

#43 Posted by AM-Gamer (4397 posts) -

@jhonMalcovich:

The PS4 just had the most successful console launch in history and you call it a disaster? Welcome to SW lol

#44 Posted by xhawk27 (7390 posts) -

Neither Killzone was a locked to get no less than 8.0 according to the Cows.

#45 Posted by Joedgabe (5131 posts) -

None.. we both knew they were made for each other.

#46 Edited by Bruin1986 (1338 posts) -

I'm honestly not sure.

I think more people were expecting Ryse to do better, but Knack's score was extremely surprising given the pedigree of the game developer. It was my most hyped PS4 game after E3.

A lot of people knew that Ryse's main function is to show off the graphical capabilities of the game (which is does do quite well) and that most of the well...gameplay...was just thrown on later. It's a Crytek game afterall. lol

#47 Edited by LanceSSJ (882 posts) -

people will probably enjoy Ryse a lot more then Knack , sorry deal with it

#48 Edited by lundy86_4 (43870 posts) -

Ryse, I think. Seemed to be hyped (not a lot, by any means) more than Knack.

#49 Posted by babycakin (1603 posts) -

Man, history repeats itself. Cows hyped up Lair, fail. Now, Lems hyped up Ryse, fail. Seems like 4 letter title video games with beautiful graphics just seem to end up being garbage.

#50 Posted by AM-Gamer (4397 posts) -

@Xaero_Gravity: So a 7 is worse then a 4 now?