Which version of The Elder Scrolls online are you getting?

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Prince_Denspion (2634 posts) -

I have the collectors edition for the PS4 preordered, and was wondering how many others are getting it as well or what platform you are getting it for.

PC

PS4

Xbox one

#2 Edited by Jankarcop (10242 posts) -

duh, PC. Mods, higher settings, higher fps (especially in Cyodril), probably more players

#3 Posted by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

PC GAMING SUCKS!

#4 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3715 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

PC GAMING SUCKS!

PS4 gaming rules.

#5 Posted by lostrib (40236 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

duh, PC. Mods, higher settings, higher fps (especially in Cyodril), probably more players

It's an MMO, i don't think they will allow Mods like they do in Skyrim

#6 Edited by lostrib (40236 posts) -

None of them, because it seems like an awful game

#7 Posted by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

@princessgomez92 said:

@Sweenix said:

PC GAMING SUCKS!

PS4 gaming rules.

Only platform where you can play knack on.

#8 Posted by CloudStrife213 (430 posts) -

If it turns out to be good, then PC.

#9 Posted by Jankarcop (10242 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Jankarcop said:

It's an MMO, i don't think they will allow Mods like they do in Skyrim

i meant MMO mods like WoW has.

#10 Posted by Prince_Denspion (2634 posts) -

All i have sadly for a PC is my laptop which can't even run skyrim properly, i do plan to pick up a PS4 soon before the launch of The Elder scrolls online.

For me its cheaper to just be a console gamer than rebuild a gaming PC.

#11 Edited by Wasdie (50392 posts) -

None. I'm not paying $60 and $15 a month for a game that has a built in cash-shop from day 1. Furthemore I don't see Elder Scrolls working as an MMO at all.

I'm sure the game will be a decent game in its own right, but not good enough to pay that kind of a premium for access. I highly doubt their post-release content release schedule. I doubt they'll make that $15 a month worth it.

I don't mind subscription based MMOs if the subscription comes with constant content updates (not just weekend long events like in GW2). However only a very few amount of MMOs have ever made good on that. Those just happen to be the most successful MMOs too.

#12 Posted by MBirdy88 (8592 posts) -

None... the game is mediocre, overpriced. has Guild Wars 2 game style but with the monthly sub.

#13 Posted by Duckyindiana (2288 posts) -

None I've preordered Wildstar instead.

#14 Posted by MonsieurX (31221 posts) -

The game will probably die within 6months and go free to play

#15 Posted by Prince_Denspion (2634 posts) -

lots of mixed reviews, sadly i don't get access to the PC beta to try it out since I have the PS4 version pre-ordered.

#16 Edited by Jankarcop (10242 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

Going f2p =/= die

Even SWTOR, which is leagues below TESO in every way possible, makes profit to this day.

#17 Posted by Fuhrer_D (68 posts) -

Xbox One, its where my friends will be.

#18 Edited by MBirdy88 (8592 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

To be fair... that has been said about FFXIV: ARR.... but they jsut reported "500k daily active players" and way more than that subbed.

but then... while FFXIV is pretty "old hat" in the gameplay department it was butter smooth and had a good franchise backing it. ESO from what I have played however looks/feels very very bland...

@Jankarcop I don't know how you came to that conclusion.... but how is TESO superior in every way?

#19 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151918 posts) -

None.

#20 Posted by donalbane (16369 posts) -

The 'free to play' version that comes out six months after launch (har-har).

#21 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

I lost interest in this game when I heard it was going to consoles as well.

#22 Posted by inb4uall (5939 posts) -

@lostrib said:

this

#23 Edited by wis3boi (31722 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

None. I'm not paying $60 and $15 a month for a game that has a built in cash-shop from day 1. Furthemore I don't see Elder Scrolls working as an MMO at all.

I'm sure the game will be a decent game in its own right, but not good enough to pay that kind of a premium for access. I highly doubt their post-release content release schedule. I doubt they'll make that $15 a month worth it.

I don't mind subscription based MMOs if the subscription comes with constant content updates (not just weekend long events like in GW2). However only a very few amount of MMOs have ever made good on that. Those just happen to be the most successful MMOs too.

#24 Posted by WitIsWisdom (3831 posts) -

Already have the PS4 Imperial edition paid off ($100) and I will be paying off my digital copy of the game (imperial edition as well... $80) for the PC tonight.

#25 Edited by blackace (21249 posts) -

@Prince_Denspion said:

I have the collectors edition for the PS4 preordered, and was wondering how many others are getting it as well or what platform you are getting it for.

PC

PS4

Xbox one

None of thy above. LOL!! I'm not paying $15 a month to play Elder Scrolls Online. I'll stick with my FREE MMO games instead.

#26 Posted by X_CAPCOM_X (6393 posts) -

@lostrib said:

#27 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14739 posts) -

No Version.

#28 Posted by johnd13 (7851 posts) -

If I do decide to purchase the game, it's going to be for PC.

#29 Posted by GhoX (5181 posts) -

Playing a MMO on a platform other than PC is a very... courageous investment.

#30 Edited by MlauTheDaft (3966 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

Pretty much this.

I played the recent weekend beta and "decent" is exactly what it is... That's not good enough, especially considering the price.

#31 Edited by Krelian-co (12196 posts) -

none, game is not that great and i won't support this crap of buy game + subscription + microtransaction + hide races behind "special preorders", too much bs.

#32 Posted by Daious (1831 posts) -

Imperial Edition for PC

If anyone wants to play with me during the 5 day early access I am game

#33 Posted by nini200 (10108 posts) -

Neither.

I'll be playing Bless when it comes across shores. Until then, I have a huge backlog to finish.

#34 Posted by Effec_Tor (383 posts) -

PC version.

#35 Posted by stationplay_4 (443 posts) -

none. seriously looks terrible. and then with the 60 bucks on top of 15 dollars a month. no thank you. i'm just going to wait for fallout 4. bethesda should stick to singleplayer.

#36 Posted by Pffrbt (6589 posts) -

None, because I'm not going to spend $60 on a game that then asks me to pay it $15 a month to continue playing it. The fact that there are different "packs" of content (that should already be available to you) that you can buy make it all the more disgusting.

#37 Posted by princeofshapeir (14706 posts) -

People are actually going to buy this piece of shit. That's what's sad.

#38 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

None. Until TES gets combat that isnt a floaty, clunky mess...I wont lower my standards to actually play it.

#39 Posted by Pikminmaniac (9213 posts) -

Is it an MMO? Yes?

Then I'm not getting it. Those things scare me.

#40 Posted by NFJSupreme (5386 posts) -

i have enough subscriptions in my life already. Not adding another one.

#41 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

would of been PC of course because it's same price...

Had it pre ordered, but since playing the beta, I have NO intention of playing the game.

#42 Posted by blackace (21249 posts) -

@princeofshapeir said:

I didn't read how the Beta went for this game, but I guess it was pretty bad. I'm not wasting my time or money on it, that's for sure. I'll wait patiently for Star Citizen & EverQuest Next. Nothing else on the PC that I really care about.

#43 Posted by IgGy621985 (4866 posts) -

None. I hate MMOs. And if I didn't hate them, TES Online looks like crap.

#44 Posted by jake44 (2038 posts) -

I'll get the f2p version that will come out in about a year.

#45 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

WIi U version.

#46 Posted by GhoX (5181 posts) -

@blackace said:

@princeofshapeir said:

I didn't read how the Beta went for this game, but I guess it was pretty bad. I'm not wasting my time or money on it, that's for sure. I'll wait patiently for Star Citizen & EverQuest Next. Nothing else on the PC that I really care about.

The beta went poorly. An older build + lots of people left a fairly bad impression on most people. However, as someone who's been playing on the PTS, I'm pretty much sold on the game. Already had the Imperial edition preordered, and I shall be playing it until DS2 releases on PC.

I can't help but feel that the recent beta weekends was a poor move from a marketing perspective.

#47 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25996 posts) -

The $0 version.

#48 Posted by Spartan070 (16368 posts) -

@treedoor said:

With Bethesdas popularity on consoles the past decade you had to know that was going to happen.

#49 Posted by Spartan070 (16368 posts) -

This thread reminds me: aren't the PS4 and Xbox One getting patches for KB\M support? The companies themselves were hinting at this around launch time.

#50 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

@Spartan070 said:

@treedoor said:

With Bethesdas popularity on consoles the past decade you had to know that was going to happen.

Yeah, but simplifying the game to work within console limitations, as well as conforming to the policies of patching/updating that MS/Sony enforce is going to hurt the game.

I held out hope that Bethesda would have looked at a game like WoW, and been like "That game has made over $10 billion dollars as a PC exclusive. Maybe we can make our game a PC exclusive, and try for similar results".

I foresee a game with over-simplified gameplay that's not compelling in any way, and a severe lack of content. Granted, it may have turned out that way anyways even as a PC exclusive, but I would have been more hopeful in that case.