Which type of games(genre) SW enjoy the most?

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by King_Dodongo (3362 posts) -
Been wondering for some time ago what's the general consensus around these lands. :)
#2 Posted by Sushiglutton (5424 posts) -

Action/Adventure is my fav. But it's hard to define vg genres as they kind of blend a lot. I like Action, RPGs, adventure and shooters to and any mix of them. Any game with some kind of story basically, where you play in third or first person persepctive.

#3 Posted by AznbkdX (3496 posts) -

RPG followed by Platformer and Action/Adventure.

Shooters are fine as well since they normally can fit action/adventure, but not a complete fan of military fps. RTS is boring to me, Sports games are terrible, and Racing games aren't my cup of tea except if its goofy like Burnout and Mario Kart.

The other genres are hit and miss for me. In most cases though genres tend to meld together a lot so it could make for some very interesting unique takes on genres I may or may not like, similar to the shooter/adventure thing.

#4 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (28402 posts) -
WRPG's and then strategy games are by miles my fav 2 genres.
#5 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
I like most genres. My favourite are probably FPS Action/Action Adventures.
#6 Posted by ShoulderOfOrion (3379 posts) -
RPG
#7 Posted by jsmoke03 (13076 posts) -

sw people love unpopular games....

#8 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (9051 posts) -

Anything that's not an RPG.

#9 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

I like RPGs (JRPG, WRPG, and SRPG), Platformers (2D and 3D), Action-Adventure. and Rail Shooters (Stuff like Star Fox, Panzer Dragoon, and Sin & Punishment)

Those are my favorite genres but I would play almost any genre but it isn't really my favorite genre.

I used to love FPS but I grew tired of it.

#10 Posted by BPoole96 (22811 posts) -

RPGs are my favorite, but they don't release as often as I'd like.

After that it would be hack and slash, FPS, TPS, and Racing games

#11 Posted by timbers_WSU (6076 posts) -

SFPS'S (Or smart first person shooters)- Not the run and gun crap. I like my shooter to have RPG elements, depth, or a good story. Games like Bioshock, Deus Ex, Metro 2033, and the new Syndicate. I would throw Mirror's Edge in there as well.

Racing- Any kind. Forza, Wipeout, Kart racers, Motorstorm, PGR, Split/Second or anything from Codemasters. J ust not that p.o.s. GT5.

Sports- NCAA Football, FIFA, Madden, NFL Blitz, Madden Arcade, NBA Jam.

Fighters- Not a fan of Capcom. I like Netherrealms games (This gen anyways) like MK and Injustice, Smash Brothers, and I like PS All-Stars a lot.

Everthing else I usually rely on the developer or Metacritic to decide what to rent / buy.

#12 Posted by Renegade_Fury (17394 posts) -

Platformers, Action, Action Adventures, Beat 'em ups, Run 'n gun, and. Shmups. I used to be big into FPS games in the 90's and early 2000's, but I got tired of them by the start of this gen. TPS games, I still sort of like.

#13 Posted by mems_1224 (48115 posts) -
Probably FPS games and RPGs
#14 Posted by MLBknights58 (5015 posts) -

Platformers, Action, RPG's and Adventure games.  Sonic Racing Transformed has sparked a love of kart racers in me though.

But Action Platformers first and foremost above anything else.

#15 Posted by _Matt_ (9263 posts) -

I like most genres.

Among my favourite though are (in no particular order):

Racing

WRPG

And FPS

my least favourite just for giggles:

JRPGs (Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Soul Sacrifice being the only exceptions)

#16 Posted by fadersdream (3154 posts) -

Strange story driven FPS:

Bioshock series

Half-Life

Metro

Singularity

#17 Posted by Cyberdot (3873 posts) -

RPGs and open world, e.g. Just Cause 2.

#18 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -
RPGs.
#19 Posted by Clock-w0rk (3378 posts) -

RPGShoulderOfOrion

#20 Posted by vashkey (33763 posts) -
third person action adventure game. Kinda a broad genre there though.... Really though it's kinda hard to choose. I liked jrpgs a lot furing the mid 2000s and shooters alot in the late 2000s... Over exposure to both kinda made me sick of em. I still like both though, just not as crazy bout em
#21 Posted by AcidThunder (2332 posts) -

Action-Adventure. Then Action RPG and FPS.

#22 Posted by guard12 (1657 posts) -

RPGs and FPSs are my two favs

#23 Posted by charizard1605 (60274 posts) -
Action/Adventure, RPG, and Strategy are my three favorites.
#24 Posted by whiskeystrike (12096 posts) -

Genres blend so much now it's hard to say exactly what it is I like.

RPGs/Action/Adventure

Covers probably about 80% of the games I play.

#25 Posted by AdobeArtist (22998 posts) -

In the order of;

RPG (namely WRPG)
Action Adv.
Shooter

#26 Posted by timbers_WSU (6076 posts) -

Everyone is saying RPG's and yet JRPG's bomb in the States and Europe. Guess it shows game forums have different taste than modern gamers who grew up on Halo and Call of Duty. More reason I guess sales and technology really have no place in System Wars.

#27 Posted by Maroxad (8643 posts) -

Action Adventure: I like Zeldalikes and metroidvanias, but I ont really enjoy games like Assassin's creed. If you put stealth into this category I would like those too.
Shooters: Shooters have diversified a lot since the era of doom clones, unfortunately anything employing health regen+2 weapon limits+heavily set piece driven+no exploration is instant trash to me. I did enjoy STALKER and Kid Icarus: Uprising though.
RPG: I used to like these a lot, until the genre devolved into the mediocre action adventure with gimmicky stats we see today. Thankfully we are seeing a resurgence of good titles like Divinity: Original Sin.
Sports: I dont play these.

My favorite is easily the strategy genre. RTS, TBS, I dont care, pretty much every strategy game I get last me for a few weeks, whereas good strategy games can last me a decade.

#28 Posted by Basinboy (11357 posts) -

I enjoy good games.

Is that a genre?  It should be.

#29 Posted by PAL360 (27163 posts) -

WRPG

#30 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

Shooters

RPG

Racing

Action/Beat-em-ups

Platformers

Fighting

#31 Posted by finalstar2007 (25684 posts) -

Action Adventure, Hack and slash, JRPG's, CoD and Mass Effect

#32 Posted by Bigboi500 (30543 posts) -

SRPGs, JRPGs, WRPGs.

#33 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38218 posts) -

Horror and RPG are huge favourites of mine, but I have a strange amount of FPS games too despite not thinking I'm an FPS crazy kinda gamer lol. Guess I am

#34 Posted by AznbkdX (3496 posts) -

Horror and RPG are huge favourites of mine, but I have a strange amount of FPS games too despite not thinking I'm an FPS crazy kinda gamer lol. Guess I am

seanmcloughlin

Probably cuz FPS is the go to genre this gen, not to mention the one with a ton of replayability, like RPGs. :)

I am the same way. I got a ton of FPSes, but still don't necessarily like the genre the most.

#35 Posted by V3rciS (2206 posts) -

RPGs of course... sport games and the rest are for casuals lol ^^

#36 Posted by jessejay420 (4086 posts) -
Racing Genre- Forza Series,DIRT series and and Burnout Series
#37 Posted by Technoweirdo (7322 posts) -

Adventure (Ex: Phoenix Wright, Virtue's Last Reward, various 'adult' games)
Shooter (Ex: Call of Duty, Deus Ex, Left 4 Dead. I like a lot of them, actually)
Turn-based Strategy  (Ex: Heroes of Might & Magic, Fire Emblem)

#38 Posted by jackfruitchips (1058 posts) -

I used to hate shooters but now it's my fav genre. :)

Trying to get into RPG but I always never finished any game I played :) (Fallout, Oblivion, Vegas, Dragon Age Origin ...)

#39 Posted by Lulekani (2151 posts) -

Anything that's not an RPG.

speedfreak48t5p
Definately
#40 Posted by glez13 (8970 posts) -

Action Adventure

RPG

FPS

Sports

I usually always have installed at least one of those. Other genres usually come and go.

#41 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (17004 posts) -

Flight sims, especially FSX (because of the weather customization).

LQoXL7r.jpg

#42 Posted by johnd13 (7991 posts) -

Definitely RPGs. I like to immerse myself in amazing worlds like that of TES or Mass Effect as a means to escape the boring reality.

#43 Posted by freedomfreak (42367 posts) -
Trying to get into strategy games. Got a decent laptop now, so I will be able to dive into the genre.
#44 Posted by King_Dodongo (3362 posts) -
More than half the votes on RPG. :O
#45 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

Open world games, Kart racers and RPG's. 

#46 Posted by Ghost120x (4095 posts) -
Mainly hack n slash, and fighting. But platformers, rpgs and monster hunter type games are close seconds.
#47 Posted by DivineSword (15775 posts) -

RPG and FPS for me.

#48 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

RPGs with FPS in a close second.

Sports might be close if I had a PS3. MLB The Show is an amazing series.

#49 Posted by AdobeArtist (22998 posts) -

Everyone is saying RPG's and yet JRPG's bomb in the States and Europe. Guess it shows game forums have different taste than modern gamers who grew up on Halo and Call of Duty. More reason I guess sales and technology really have no place in System Wars.

timbers_WSU

RPGs also include WRPG.

#50 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"]

AdobeArtist

RPGs also include WRPG.

But NOT third person shooters. :P