Which system will die first?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LSSJ3Goku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LSSJ3Goku
Member since 2005 • 71 Posts

Which system do you think will die first? Playstation or Xbox? We all know that Nintendo is in the strongest position financially, and is dominating the handheld console market, and (I heard this on the rev forum) the Gamecube is outselling the Xbox 360. (Note: Nintendo made $4.5billion last console generation, Microsoft LOST around that, and Sony made $2.5 Billion, which was used to help the struggling other parts of the company).

So, in an inversion of the usual "when do you think Nintendo is going to die/Nintendo merging with sega/microsoft/sony" threads, how about this one?

Personally I think it will be Sony, and really, it will be a sad day for gaming when they pull out. They were responsible for injecting some street-cred into the industry and some 'coolness' (depends on who you talk to). So yeah.

Please dont burn the different systems, either. They all have their merits.
QoJ_Himiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 QoJ_Himiko
Member since 2004 • 2823 Posts
i doubt either of them will but if i had to pick i would say Sony
Avatar image for ROFLUrbanNomads
ROFLUrbanNomads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ROFLUrbanNomads
Member since 2006 • 134 Posts
MS has most money :|
Captain-Pants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Captain-Pants
Member since 2005 • 3533 Posts

Which system do you think will die first? Playstation or Xbox? We all know that Nintendo is in the strongest position financially, and is dominating the handheld console market, and (I heard this on the rev forum) the Gamecube is outselling the Xbox 360. (Note: Nintendo made $4.5billion last console generation, Microsoft LOST around that, and Sony made $2.5 Billion, which was used to help the struggling other parts of the company).

So, in an inversion of the usual "when do you think Nintendo is going to die/Nintendo merging with sega/microsoft/sony" threads, how about this one?

Personally I think it will be Sony, and really, it will be a sad day for gaming when they pull out. They were responsible for injecting some street-cred into the industry and some 'coolness' (depends on who you talk to). So yeah.

LSSJ3Goku

You say that as if it was a good thing

ZeRoSk8eR37157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 ZeRoSk8eR37157
Member since 2006 • 848 Posts
playstation
DefaultGen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6 DefaultGen
Member since 2004 • 21841 Posts
Microsoft seems to want to stay in no matter what, but PS is the only profitable part of Sony :lol:
duerdest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#7 duerdest
Member since 2005 • 1334 Posts

SONY are probably the most likely

There business is already losing money in other departments (movies etc)

Nintendo are making a little bit on GC and LOADS on DS

Microsoft make TONS anyways

Microsoft could pull out if 360 doesn't make money, they are a business that don't need gaming so if it isn't doing well they could pull out.

Ninty would probably be the last because they NEED gaming, losing that would mean the dreaded A word "administration"

Manticore160

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Manticore160
Member since 2006 • 91 Posts

I have no clue wich will die first...

brim4brim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 brim4brim
Member since 2005 • 4048 Posts
Sony are most likely to go because they Ms have poured money in and have enough to keep putting more in until they succeed, Nintendo well this is all they do and they already made the a huge profit on gamecube even though it's probably one of there worst selling consoles to date.  Ms are doing well in other areas, Sony aren't, Nintendo only have this area.
Manticore160

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Manticore160
Member since 2006 • 91 Posts

I have no clue wich will die first...

LSSJ3Goku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LSSJ3Goku
Member since 2005 • 71 Posts

*Bump*

Unickuta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Unickuta
Member since 2006 • 167 Posts
Xbox. Duh.
BigDizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 BigDizz
Member since 2004 • 2592 Posts
POS3
Kekira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Kekira
Member since 2007 • 2128 Posts
[QUOTE="brim4brim"]Sony are most likely to go because they Ms have poured money in and have enough to keep putting more in until they succeed, Nintendo well this is all they do and they already made the a huge profit on gamecube even though it's probably one of there worst selling consoles to date.  Ms are doing well in other areas, Sony aren't, Nintendo only have this area.

As much money as they have it makes no sense to keep pouring all of your money into something that's failing if the Xbox does fail. Chances are they'll just make another system. But I think Xbox will go first because Sony is notorious for having long-lived consoles.
arabi_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 arabi_89
Member since 2006 • 1299 Posts
Bill gates is getting old and he will die soon.. and all his money will go to his wife and she will put them in charities. So i'll say MS
AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts
wtf? y'd u bring back a year old topic
CelineDion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 CelineDion
Member since 2002 • 5972 Posts

Is it just me, or do we have one of these threads every day?

Viviath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 Viviath
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts
MS will not die due to the fact that even if Xbox360 lost them 30 Billion Dollars, they would still throw another 10 billion into X720 without a second thought.
nnavidson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nnavidson
Member since 2006 • 934 Posts
I think Wii is clearly going to be off the market first, or at least the GBA to the DS of consoles.  I think Nintendo is going to use the truckloads of money they're making this generation and start off next generation with a head start and graphics to match the competition.
Kekira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Kekira
Member since 2007 • 2128 Posts
I think Wii is clearly going to be off the market first, or at least the GBA to the DS of consoles.  I think Nintendo is going to use the truckloads of money they're making this generation and start off next generation with a head start and graphics to match the competition.nnavidson
This topic is about the PS3/Xbox360 not Wii.
Mordred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Mordred19
Member since 2007 • 8259 Posts
guys, stop being so dramatic. no consoles are going to die. they are all going to sell, they ARE selling, so settle down, this isn't the movies.
Berserker_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Berserker_2
Member since 2006 • 5948 Posts

Which system do you think will die first? Playstation or Xbox? We all know that Nintendo is in the strongest position financially, and is dominating the handheld console market, and (I heard this on the rev forum) the Gamecube is outselling the Xbox 360. (Note: Nintendo made $4.5billion last console generation, Microsoft LOST around that, and Sony made $2.5 Billion, which was used to help the struggling other parts of the company).

LSSJ3Goku
Either the Wii or the PS3. The 360 is secure and will survive a console generation, easily. The PS3 is too expensive and will likely die first. The Wii should be the first to die, but it will linger like the Gamecube since it is cheaper.