Which system/platform will have the best 2015?

• 121 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Which system/platform will have the best 2015? (108 votes)

PC 40%
PS4 31%
X1 11%
Wii U 18%
Vita (rofl) 0%
3DS 0%

I'm going to go with PS4. Sony is just tearing it up. We start off the year with The Order 1886 and Bloodborne - how amazing is that? Then there's Uncharted 4 and some awesome reveals we'll get during e3 (like Guerilla's new IP). We'll also be getting the superior multiplat versiions for games like MGS 5, Batman, Mortal Kombat, Final Fantasy 0, etc. Indies like No Man's Sky. I don't know about you, but I would be super jelly if I didn't own a PS4. What say you, SW?

• 
humanistpotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#51 humanistpotato
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

PC, but ps4 has interesting games, especially if you like horror games ps4 looks like its the way to go, i dont like them tho

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

Right now, the Wii U looks the best to me, but it's going to end up being the PC, just like every year. I'm rarely hyped about upcoming PC games, but the PC almost always ends up on top.

Isn't that how it always goes for PC? that's why console still wins in my opinion. it's not about quantity, I mean, how many games can you play in one year? and how much money do you have? so you go with what interests you the most. also, it's pretty funny how the PC people still have yet to explain their hyped games for 2015.

I probably play through about a dozen games per year. The PC always seems to have a game that sucks me in for 100+ hours, though. It's getting Civ Beyond Earth this year. I'm sure something else will come along next year.

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#53  Edited By Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

@GhoX: Persona 5 is multiplat PS3

We has to wait to see if there are enough differetces.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: Watch Dogs runs at 1080p, almost every setting maxed out, 30fps on my rig. PS4 runs at 900p, mixture of medium and high settings, 30fps.

And if DRM is that annoying for you, and it can be many times for me, just pirate the game. I pirate every game i buy to have a drm-free copy has safe guard.

Try again. And stop hyping multiplats.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0

@alcapello said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

@GhoX: Persona 5 is multiplat PS3

We has to wait to see if there are enough differetces.

Not to familiar with Persona (starting to gain interest), but it as made for the PS3 and now ported to the PS4. Looking at the gameplay fooatge for P3 and P4, Atlus doesn't seem to focus on high fidelity graphics (anime design after all), and does the game seem to need much on screen. I expect higher resolution and maybe a frame rate bump to 60fps.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

@SolidGame_basic: Watch Dogs runs at 1080p, almost every setting maxed out, 30fps on my rig. PS4 runs at 900p, mixture of medium and high settings, 30fps.

And if DRM is that annoying for you, and it can be many times for me, just pirate the game. I pirate every game i buy to have a drm-free copy has safe guard.

try again? you're the one that's trying. graphics on PS4 are just fine. and being the best multiplat rarely has to do with "i have the best machine possible". a lot of these games are designed and optimized for console experience. fact is you represent a very small group of PC gamers. most people who game on PC don't have the kind of rigs you have. just look at the highest selling games on PC - minecraft, league of legends, civilization, starcraft, warcraft, diablo - all could be played on my 4 year old laptop.

game, set, match.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@lostrib said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@FreedomFreeLife: Just because pc has exclusives, doesn't mean all of them are quality or even good. Hell how many did those games actually sell? It's unfortunate that many games just get downloaded illegal on pc. It's good you guys have games to choose from. But i will bet those exclusives on pc sold less than the console counterparts

That applies to all the systems

And what does sales have to do with the quality of the games?

Yes it does, and a lot of pc games don't sell. That's why

so what? what does that have to do with the quality of the game

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By lostrib

@SolidGame_basic said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

try again? you're the one that's trying. graphics on PS4 are just fine. and being the best multiplat rarely has to do with "i have the best machine possible". a lot of these games are designed and optimized for console experience. fact is you represent a very small group of PC gamers. most people who game on PC don't have the kind of rigs you have. just look at the highest selling games on PC - minecraft, league of legends, civilization, starcraft, warcraft, diablo - all could be played on my 4 year old laptop.

game, set, match.

And yet PC still has the best version of multiplats. Are you really trying to deny that? I mean look at the multiplats that have come out so far

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#59 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@lostrib said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@lostrib said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@FreedomFreeLife: Just because pc has exclusives, doesn't mean all of them are quality or even good. Hell how many did those games actually sell? It's unfortunate that many games just get downloaded illegal on pc. It's good you guys have games to choose from. But i will bet those exclusives on pc sold less than the console counterparts

Nothing, but you don't get sequels to the games and nobody plays them. That's a big factor

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 lostrib

@The_Last_Ride said:

@lostrib said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@lostrib said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Nothing, but you don't get sequels to the games and nobody plays them. That's a big factor

Once again, what does that have to do with game quality or the topic of this thread?

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0

@SolidGame_basic said:

game, set, match.

Boy that's one big goal post moving.

Fact: PC versions are the definitive versions of multiplats 98-99% of the time. Not the Playstation or xbox versions. And yes, those look good aswell, i never said they didn't.

You're the one said the PS4 was the best version.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 lostrib

@deadline-zero0 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

game, set, match.

Boy that's one big goal post moving.

Fact: PC versions are the definitive versions of multiplats 98-99% of the time. Not the Playstation or xbox versions. And yes, those look good aswell, i never said they didn't.

You're the one said the PS4 was the best version.

Based on his argument he should change it to PS4: the "just fine" version

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#63 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

PC: as like usual it will get the most games. Winners do more.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

So you start the year off with more Sony 1st party garbage ala The Order.

"how amazing is that?"

Un not amazing at all, sorry.

Then Uncharted 4? So just a 7 month wait then? "Guerillas new IP"... Nothing to brag about at all.

And loads of multiplats.

Not looking too great to be honest.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 SolidGame_basic

@RR360DD said:

So you start the year off with more Sony 1st party garbage ala The Order.

"how amazing is that?"

Un not amazing at all, sorry.

Then Uncharted 4? So just a 7 month wait then? "Guerillas new IP"... Nothing to brag about at all.

And loads of multiplats.

Not looking too great to be honest.

and what are you looking forward to? pretending to be a space citizen?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By lostrib

@SolidGame_basic: or he could be excited for the number of other games coming out in 2015

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife: How about the use of the spoiler for long posts of pictures.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 lostrib

@LJS9502_basic: can you still spoiler tag images? Although that idiot probably wouldn't anyways

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@lostrib said:

@LJS9502_basic: can you still spoiler tag images? Although that idiot probably wouldn't anyways

Oh well I thought I saw some people doing that.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

I would say PS4 mainly because it seems like Japan is transitioning to the new gen way faster than last gen.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#71 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

PC overall.

For consoles, PS4 is probably going to have the best 2015. Wii U is going to have its lineup of awesome exclusives, but it doesn't have the 3rd party support to diversify its lineup. With PS4, you get the Sony exclusives, plus pretty much every multiplat.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@Heirren said:

Wii U, but I can see how people will say xbox or playstation as they will finally get their first batch of real next gen games.

I'd have to agree. I'm excited for my PS4 and Xbox One exclusives, and may actually be looking to finally delve into PC gaming, but I'm looking forward to Zelda, Splatoon, Kirby's Rainbow Curse, and Yoshi's Whooly World more than the games on other platforms. It's definitely the unpopular choice (it's easy to see why too), but I'd have to go with the Wii U.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#73  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
@effec_tor said:

PC and PS4

XB1>WiiU>PS4>>3DS>PC>Vita

PC will always have more exclusives because it's an open platform. lol!! Not even sure why it's listed with game consoles, as game consoles are CLOSED PLATFORMS and will always have less games. When the PC becomes a closed platform like game consoles, let us know.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#74  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

PS4 and PC are pretty tied thanks to just about everyhting going multiplat, but I need to give the nod to Sony with BloodBorne.

Then WiiU.

Xbone's 2015 looks almost as barren as early ps3.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

That is such a shame... I'l have to take my shares out of..... oh wait... games... not stock sales.

@SolidGame_basic said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Are you trolling me? In any case That's what I'm saying about the whole thing and I'm sticking with it.

Ofcourse you're sticking with it. You don't have a counter argument, otherwise you'd have said it.

You're sad excuse about support is laughtable. PC has the best versions of multiplats, more games, and, most importantly, far more options.

And you're sad disregard of the xbox and wiiu is also laughable. Like the TC hyping multiplats. You wanna had Rise of the Tomb Raider?

actually I wouldn't be too confident about saying PC has the best versions of multiplats. you guys quite often get shitty console ports (watch_dogs, anyone?). and like someone in the thread said, you still have to deal with DRM (ubisoft's crappy uPlay for instance or steam). also, 50GB for titanfall PC is ridiculous

DRM is very rarely a problem.... Windows LIVE was the worst offender, I've NEVER had issue with UPLAY. and 50GB when your on fibre... I dunno... not a problem.... this isn't consoles... I have a 256GB SSD for the operating system, and 2 raids of 2TB each for everything else.... and no, it didn't cost me a kidney.

Also... Watch Dogs is far superior on PC.... you guys think that "poor optimization" and lack of settings makes it WORSE than the console version? no... we complain because the standards are too low.... not because its WORSE than the console version.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@SolidGame_basic said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

game, set, match.

Excuse me sir, but what is the most played game on Xbox live most of the time? oh minecraft..... well, Sony doesn't tell us ....

your grasping. do you think we care what % of PC gamers have good computer's? it doesn't stop us having them, and taking advantage of them. so yea you can hide behind your little dellusion that "some pc gamers dont play watch dogs better than PS4" .... but anyone who wants to... will.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 SolidGame_basic

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

PS4 and PC are pretty tied thanks to just about everyhting going multiplat, but I need to give the nod to Sony with BloodBorne.

Then WiiU.

Xbone's 2015 looks almost as barren as early ps3.

agree. PC will be a good back up next year, but PS4 is taking the spotlight. we know the good shit is coming. all that about the order, bloodborne, uncharted, just the tip of the iceberg.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 The_Last_Ride

@MBirdy88: There was a study that said 50% of pc gamers only buy games on sales.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 lostrib

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MBirdy88: There was a study that said 50% of pc gamers only buy games on sales.

link?

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

The PC as it will have all the multi-plats and it's own exclusives. Plus it will have the best version of Batman Arkham knight :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

Hmm, Overall I would say the PC, however the PS4 have the honor of having the game I am looking most farwards to in 2015 (and the wii U the second most).

But the PC will get the most games, and the best versions of near all multiplats, so logically it will likely have the best year. The PS4 is showing to be quite strong NeXT year, maybe that Means I can dust mine off :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@The_Last_Ride said:

50% is alot, so thats 50% buying at full price. regardless of sales talk, PC still gets the most quality games... so obviously, however much it sells... its enough to be the most in demand platform.

Meanwhile in console land..... you get something like Destiny, 6.0 ... major let down in most aspects ... getting upwards of $500 million in a week. but but ... that means major support right? yup, pony up that £35 expansion deal for 1 new zone, dungeon and a few new items ... then again, and again ... and again. you love sales so much... clearly the height of importance....

I hope you have stocks in bungie right now.....

@SolidGame_basic even the early previews of The Order suggest its a mediocre title but incredibly pretty.... why do you want to hype the next killzone as if its "top tier" .... I can understand Blood/Uncharted. .... but The Order? REALLY.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

XB1 & Wii U have more games I want to play then any of the other platforms.

XB1/Wii U: Sunset Overdrive, Halo: MCC, Forza Horizon 2, Dance Central: Spotlight, Halo 5, Scalebound, Ori and the Blind Forest, Below, Smite, Quantum Break, Fable Legends, Crackdown, Inside, Splatoon, Capt Toad: Treasure Tracker, Star Fox, Zelda, SSB, Yoshi: Woolly World, Mario Maker, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Bayonetta 2,

PS4/PC: Drive Club, Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, No Man's Sky, Rime, Hell Divers, The Order 1886, Star Citizen, EverQuest Next, Wasteland 2 (should be out this week), Divinity: Original Sin, Path of Exile, Torchlight 2.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 SolidGame_basic

@MBirdy88: admittedly, sometimes Sony games do better presentation than actual gameplay (even TLOU kind of falls in this category). I like all kinds of games. sometimes I don't mind the occasional cinematic game as long as it's entertaining. the original killzone series wasn't that bad, 2 was actual not bad at all, but I guess you're referring to shadowfail

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 The_Last_Ride

@MBirdy88 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

50% is alot, so thats 50% buying at full price. regardless of sales talk, PC still gets the most quality games... so obviously, however much it sells... its enough to be the most in demand platform.

Meanwhile in console land..... you get something like Destiny, 6.0 ... major let down in most aspects ... getting upwards of $500 million in a week. but but ... that means major support right? yup, pony up that £35 expansion deal for 1 new zone, dungeon and a few new items ... then again, and again ... and again. you love sales so much... clearly the height of importance....

@SolidGame_basic even the early previews of The Order suggest its a mediocre title but incredibly pretty.... why do you want to hype the next killzone as if its "top tier" .... I can understand Blood/Uncharted. .... but The Order? REALLY.

No, it's 50% only buying on sales, it never said the rest bought games at full price. Why do you have to talk crap about consoles? I like Destiny, so what if it got a 6? It's fun to play on consoles. It still sold more than any other new ip ever. That does count for something. It isn't they height of importance, but when your argument is another one's opinion and you base it off that is stupid. It says more about you than me, because i like to get my own opinion on the games i buy

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

Absolutely is going to be PC.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@doozie78 said:

why do you say that?

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

@doozie78 said:

why do you say that?

Cause it always is, so I just assumed the same for 2015. Of course we're talking opinions here so PC it is!

:D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

No, it's 50% only buying on sales, it never said the rest bought games at full price. Why do you have to talk crap about consoles? I like Destiny, so what if it got a 6? It's fun to play on consoles. It still sold more than any other new ip ever. That does count for something. It isn't they height of importance, but when your argument is another one's opinion and you base it off that is stupid. It says more about you than me, because i like to get my own opinion on the games i buy

Sigh you move the goal posts all the time don't you? the underlying point was... the companies revenues mean nothing for us gamers, but then I imagine you knew that before you made the post ... if you didn't well... jesus christ think for 2 seconds.

I like Destiny mate. point still stands... it completely and utterly undelivered. less tantrum... less excuses... less down playing PC games advantage by saying "But Sales and not as much revanue" .... and then backpeddeling when I call you out on it.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 SolidGame_basic

@doozie78 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@doozie78 said:

why do you say that?

Cause it always is, so I just assumed the same for 2015. Of course we're talking opinions here so PC it is!

:D

lol that's what I figured.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 The_Last_Ride

@MBirdy88: It does matter for what games we got on consoles. The biggest games come to consoles because they sell there. I would rather want games like Last of Us compared to other so called "excellent" pc games to be honest

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MBirdy88: It does matter for what games we got on consoles. The biggest games come to consoles because they sell there. I would rather want games like Last of Us compared to other so called "excellent" pc games to be honest

other than the mindless preference card at the end... what do you define as "the biggest games?"

Tell me what console game had 53 million pledged to it?

tell me what console games dominate Twitch? (hint... only destiny) .... how many of these "big" console games have a million concurrent users?

Difference between "Big" and "AAA studio production" something that is increasingly proving to not mean quality.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 The_Last_Ride

@MBirdy88 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

other than the mindless preference card at the end... what do you define as "the biggest games?"

tell me what console games dominate Twitch? (hint... only destiny) .... how many of these "big" console games have a million concurrent users?

Difference between "Big" and "AAA studio production" something that is increasingly proving to not mean quality.

Big games like Last of Us, Red Dead Redemption, COD, GTA V, etc. All games on consoles have concurrent users... Games like Minecraft even sell better on console for example and isn't it best on pc? Star Citizen is a big exception, but there aren't any other games that have that much attached to them. So just because a F2P game like League of Legends or Dota have a big following means that they are quality? Your making the exact same argument as me...

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

@deadline-zero0: bro just so i can keep things in mind, your previous avatar was link facepalming, and now it's this knight facepalming? haha. just want to keep associating the right posts with the right user.

on topic: 2015, which platform will have the best year? hmmm. very tough question. honestly I feel like victory could be claimed by any one of the platforms, but I think either PS4, XB1, or PC is most likely to take it up.

either way, i feel like perhaps consoles have a better chance because they've got to establish their library of heavy hitters, and they have a budget for this. however pc can't ever be counted out because a great game can come from nowhere.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#97  Edited By bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

Wii U for me. PC will be for my 3rd party stuff.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 SolidGame_basic

@bunchanumbers said:

Wii U for me. PC will be for my 3rd party stuff.

and for pirating?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Big games like Last of Us, Red Dead Redemption, COD, GTA V, etc. All games on consoles have concurrent users... Games like Minecraft even sell better on console for example and isn't it best on pc? Star Citizen is a big exception, but there aren't any other games that have that much attached to them. So just because a F2P game like League of Legends or Dota have a big following means that they are quality? Your making the exact same argument as me...

no.. no I'm not.

You define big game by a big publisher's budget, which lets face it these days is pretty much ONLY the few first party studio's ... it even looks like your losing Square Enix amongst other things as those now rare console-only big publishers.

Minecraft selling more on consoles is not a suprize. considering it is ridiculously easy to pirate... and infact has access to more features when not used in its normal mode. that being said, you make MY point by saying "isnt it better on PC" well ofcourse it is... leagues ahead... so if a "big" game on console does not in anyway gaurentee "Quality" whats the point in labeling it "big".

Oh and... don't pull that "LoL and DoTA are free" as some negative term taking away any impact that they have.... those games are incredibly deep, feature rich, highly competitive and continously growing years after release. jsut because it doesn't have a stupid £50 publisher price tag on it upfront and a 10 hour game.... that is not a bigger game by default, infact completely the opposite.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

How many PC exclusive coming out 2015? Over 300

How many PS4 big exclusives coming out 2015? About 5-6

How many of those "over 300" is actually good games and not indie trash for $1-5...LOL