Which remasters/remakes/ports will you be getting?

#1 Edited by SolidGame_basic (18395 posts) -

I'm definitely interested in Metro redux because I couldn't play them last gen due to them being huge eye sores. I'm also interested in GTA V because its GTA of course. Last of Us will be a bargain bin purchase. On the Vita I will be getting Tales of Hearts R fo' show. Maybe Disgaea 4 down the road. You, SW?

#2 Posted by BldgIrsh (2789 posts) -

None of them. So the companies can start pushing out actual games.

#3 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10658 posts) -

I'll buy The Last of Us for PS4 when it's around #20.

GTA V and Master Chief Collection I'm on the fence about...I don't want to support this new trend of remaking games, but it is GTA and Halo.

#4 Edited by GTSaiyanjin2 (6015 posts) -

I already have TLOU remaster, and will be getting Metro Redux later this month. I plan on getting the MCC as well.

#5 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (14652 posts) -

Hmmmm. Devil May Cry HD Collection....

What !? Don't give me that look ! :(

#6 Posted by charizard1605 (58925 posts) -

Pokemon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire. It's a fully overhauled remade from the ground up game, and it's the return of Hoenn, in full glorious 3D, so of course I want to see it.

Whenever I get an Xbox One, I will definitely pick up The Master Chief Collection as well.

#7 Posted by Kenny789 (10251 posts) -

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire definitely as I'm a big Pokemon fan. Maybe The Last of Us Remaster if I manage to get a PS4 by the end of this year. If not, maybe I'll just get the PS3 version.

#8 Posted by SolidGame_basic (18395 posts) -

@charizard1605: maybe you can trade in your Wii U for X1?

#9 Posted by charizard1605 (58925 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

@charizard1605: maybe you can trade in your Wii U for X1?

Oh you're a funny man.

#10 Edited by manny280 (1990 posts) -

GTA V and Halo MCC at launch, Metro Redux, TLOU and Sleeping Dogs after price drops

#11 Edited by cainetao11 (17999 posts) -

I am old. Metro games were eye sores? Man, I am glad I am not a graphics diva.

#12 Posted by lawlessx (46854 posts) -

Master Chief Collection and maybe Metro

#13 Posted by SolidGame_basic (18395 posts) -

@cainetao11: for ps3 they were lol

#15 Edited by tubbyc (3784 posts) -

Tomb Raider for PS4 soon because I haven't played it yet. Also, Grim Fandango.

The Last of Us for PS4 eventually because I want to play through it again some day, and want to play the enhanced version with the DLC I haven't played yet.

Getting through my backlog and games which are totally new to me is a higher priority for a while.

#16 Posted by ButDuuude (491 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:

I'll buy The Last of Us for PS4 when it's around #20.

GTA V and Master Chief Collection I'm on the fence about...I don't want to support this new trend of remaking games, but it is GTA and Halo.

GTA V and Master Chief Collection are worth buying in my opinion and The Last of Us if you didn't already play it on the PS3.

#17 Posted by Bigboi500 (30328 posts) -

TLOU Remastered when it gets cheaper. GTA V on PS4 if I can get a deal on trading it in on PS3.

#18 Edited by ButDuuude (491 posts) -

I'm getting GTA V and I might get The Last of Us too.

#19 Posted by SakusEnvoy (4334 posts) -

I would definitely get the Master Chief Collection when/if I get an Xbox One. Nothing planned at the moment.

#20 Edited by cainetao11 (17999 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

@cainetao11: for ps3 they were lol

So you just started gaming? How did you game at all on the PS3 then? Because there were many games that looked the same level and many that were below. I guess you didn't play many games last gen then? I guess its different for some of us 40+ gamers. We have been at this so long, and seen games go from pong to Crysis 3 PC level. And to me, saying a game like Metro LL was an eye sore just seems like high maintenance diva shit.

#21 Edited by MonsieurX (30848 posts) -

@bldgirsh said:

None of them. So the companies can start pushing out actual games.

This.

Stupid trend.

#22 Posted by bbkkristian (14963 posts) -

Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD, since it includes REcoded, which is the last KH game I've yet to experience.

Pokemon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire: because ground up remakes are always appreciated, unlike polished remasters. Even more so after the disappointing Pokemon X/Y.

#23 Posted by mems_1224 (47451 posts) -

Master Chief Collection. The campaign sucked but the upgrade to the cinematics alone are incredible

GTAV on PC should be pretty amazing in about a year or two thanks to mods.

#24 Posted by Zassimick (6771 posts) -

Already picked up Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix, The Last of Us Remastered, and had at one time nabbed a few other Playstation remasters. What's to come? Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix, Pokémon OmegaRuby, if I had an Xbox One I'd definitely be getting the Master Chief Collection. If Majora's Mask gets that remaster I'd pick that up, as well as Final Fantasy XII. I'm hoping to nab Final Fantasy X soon as well but I don't know if I want the Vita or PS3 version, and I'll make sure to get X-2 as well.

So yeah, I'm okay with the remasters as I find value in them.

#25 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11500 posts) -

Master Chief Collection, Kingdom Hearts 2.5, and maybe even Tales of Hearts

#26 Posted by Seabas989 (10553 posts) -

Bayonetta 1 since it comes with Bayonetta 2.

I'd buy a Xenoblade Chronicles HD remaster along with FFXII International Zodiac HD.

#27 Edited by Cloud_imperium (4330 posts) -
  • Grim Fandango
  • Homeworld : Remastered
  • Resident Evil : Remake

I may get Metro Redux as well , along with Sleeping Dogs . Not sure yet .

#28 Posted by silversix_ (15002 posts) -

Zero. 0. Nada. No thanks. Keep it for yourself. FU. GTFO. <------------that many.

#29 Posted by lostrib (39152 posts) -

I'll probably get GTA V for at some point, but I don't know if that really counts as a remaster

#30 Posted by SolidGame_basic (18395 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@cainetao11: for ps3 they were lol

So you just started gaming? How did you game at all on the PS3 then? Because there were many games that looked the same level and many that were below. I guess you didn't play many games last gen then? I guess its different for some of us 40+ gamers. We have been at this so long, and seen games go from pong to Crysis 3 PC level. And to me, saying a game like Metro LL was an eye sore just seems like high maintenance diva shit.

don't blame me, blame PC

#31 Posted by RR360DD (12133 posts) -

I have the limited edition Master Chief collection preordered.

Getting Metro Redux because I never got the chance to play Last Light and GTAV because its awesome and deserves my money twice.

#32 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (5529 posts) -

Laughing at the Remakestation but lining up to get the Burger King Collection, the only big game on the Xbox Done until Delaylo 5 shows up. Only lemmings.

#33 Edited by shadiezz2012 (2595 posts) -

Non

i still have on my Ps3 TLOU (Masterpiece),GTAV(Great game),and on my PC Metro 2033 and last light (both are very boring and i regret buying them )

#34 Posted by nutcrackr (12724 posts) -

Black Mesa Source, should be good.

#35 Posted by gameofthering (10366 posts) -

Resident Evil (REmake) on Steam.

#36 Posted by Telekill (4802 posts) -

I've already bought Tomb Raider DE and The Last of Us on my PS4. The only other "remaster" that I'm looking forward too is Resident Evil Remake.

#37 Posted by Legend002 (7321 posts) -

Got Tomb Raider and The Last of Us day one. Looking forward to REmake, ORAS and GTA but that's it as of right now. They need to go ahead and announce that Mass Effect or Batman collection because either of those are day one purchases aswell. Maybe a port of Vesperia on PS4 also.

#38 Posted by parkurtommo (27376 posts) -

I'm just getting Metro 2033 redux (not last light though).

#39 Posted by Gamerno6666 (2028 posts) -

GTA5, Metro 2033, RE1 etc.

#40 Posted by SolidGame_basic (18395 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

I'm just getting Metro 2033 redux (not last light though).

? it comes with both

#41 Posted by parkurtommo (27376 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

@parkurtommo said:

I'm just getting Metro 2033 redux (not last light though).

? it comes with both

http://store.steampowered.com/app/286690/

#42 Edited by Peanutbutterz (213 posts) -

GTA V and TLoU only because I haven't played them yet.

#43 Posted by SolidGame_basic (18395 posts) -

@parkurtommo: ooooohhhhh

#44 Posted by cainetao11 (17999 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

@cainetao11 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@cainetao11: for ps3 they were lol

So you just started gaming? How did you game at all on the PS3 then? Because there were many games that looked the same level and many that were below. I guess you didn't play many games last gen then? I guess its different for some of us 40+ gamers. We have been at this so long, and seen games go from pong to Crysis 3 PC level. And to me, saying a game like Metro LL was an eye sore just seems like high maintenance diva shit.

don't blame me, blame PC

why would I blame pc that your a diva?

#45 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1561 posts) -

Do console gamers at least get a discount for owning the older version? This is terrible....

#46 Posted by SolidGame_basic (18395 posts) -

@cainetao11: lol diva

#47 Posted by Gue1 (10419 posts) -

none, I just want backward compatibility.

#48 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (6422 posts) -

Master Chief Collection, Metro Redux & GTA V are the main ones.

#49 Posted by mems_1224 (47451 posts) -

Master Chief Collection is the only one actually worth the money

#50 Posted by Shadowchronicle (26039 posts) -

Well it depends. If it is a collection (that's remastered) I'll get it if I don't have the games. I think I got the Sly Cooper Collection because I lost the first disc and wanted to play in HD. I don't need the MCC though.