Which PC games actually take advantage of "the powah"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#151  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@MonsieurX said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Ryse is now coming to PC and looks far better than the XboxOne version.

We went from PC possibly CURRENTLY having the best gfx this gen to taking definitive first place status for the next 7-8 years over night. As if star citizen, dreadnaught, elite dangerous didn't already solidify that fact. @m3dude1 Good luck for the rest of this gen, you'll need it.

I'll be surprised if I hear a gfx argument out of these goons again until xbox4 or ps5.

So how does Uncharted 4 look on your PC?

Good luck....you'll need it.

How does UC4 actually look?

I guess we'll discover it in 2015?

I'll tell you how it plays then too.

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Star Citizen, Ryse Ultra, Dreadnaught, Elite, UT all look better.

Didn't you guys learn from the last 4 gens, that console only has debatable gfx against PC for only 1 year of the start of a new gen? That period is over now. 8 years of crying begins today.

Didn't YOU guys learn that some of us don't give a **** about 1000000000x500000 resolution @ 600fps with AAAAAAAAA.

Hell it's not even a matter of quality anymore...graphics are at the point where they are fine....only YOU GUYS make that argument.

The quote chain and thread were about gfx......what the ****....You were talking about gfx a few minutes ago...

The difference:

ME: Graphics are good enough now that most ppl are happy and have been happy with how games look. (and there are many ppl that agree)

YOU: OMG STAR AWESOME AND BIOFROCE ELITE AND DEADCOCK ALL LOOK 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000x BETTER THAN ANY CONSOLE GAME.

Not shit....that ain't he point I and others are making.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

So after 4 pages of debating tech/gfx, you finally agree PC has superior gfx, nice. Next thread.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog

@RoboCopISJesus said:

So after 4 pages of debating tech/gfx, you finally agree PC has superior gfx, nice. Next thread.

This'll be the 3rd time I've said it in 2 or 3 different threads. I was never arguing against that.....but you seem to need the illusion that you won this argument.

Keep beating that "PC has better GFX" dead horse....we all know it's the only thing you've got besides a select few indy games in a shit ton sea of crap.

Edit: and you're still dodging the point. So after 4 pages you still can't comprehend.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 RoboCopISJesus

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

This'll be the 3rd time I've said it in 2 or 3 different threads. I was never arguing against that.....but you seem to need the illusion that you won this argument.

Keep beating that "PC has better GFX" dead horse....we all know it's the only thing you've got besides a select few indy games in a shit ton sea of crap.

Thats all this thread has been about. Stop trying to hijack threads.

Oh and a "shit ton sea of crap" doesn't give you more high scoring games than multiple consoles combined every gen..

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

@napo_sp said:

@m3dude1 said:
@scatteh316 said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@scatteh316 said:

Seems consolites are feeling a little insecure about there machines....lmao....

You losers don't miss and understand what you've never had so looking at a few screens of games running at 2560x1440, 8xMSAA and 60fps doesn't quite 'click' in your brains....

But it's OK, you may continue with your sub HD games and fluctuating frame rates.....

biggest loser^

Damage control is strong with this one..... I might start a blog describing what 1440p with 8xAA at 60fps looks like so you consolites can at least get some idea of what true gaming is like.

too bad your 290x isnt running any modern games at those settings and fps.

massive lol @ pcars gt5 quality tracks and general shading. drive club shits all over that garbage

show me driveclub running at 21:9 3440x1440... oh wait, you can't.

show me pcars not looking like a last generation pile of garbage compared to drive club...oh wait, you cant. congrats, you dropped 1500 dollars to play racer thats massively outdated visually compared to driveclub at a higher res.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

@napo_sp said:

@m3dude1 said:
@scatteh316 said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@scatteh316 said:

You losers don't miss and understand what you've never had so looking at a few screens of games running at 2560x1440, 8xMSAA and 60fps doesn't quite 'click' in your brains....

But it's OK, you may continue with your sub HD games and fluctuating frame rates.....

biggest loser^

Damage control is strong with this one..... I might start a blog describing what 1440p with 8xAA at 60fps looks like so you consolites can at least get some idea of what true gaming is like.

massive lol @ pcars gt5 quality tracks and general shading. drive club shits all over that garbage

show me pcars looking even 10% as good as driveclub...oh wait, you cant

Of course he cant..because even if he did no matter what you would not admit to it looking better because that's how you argue,from an utterly biased perspective devoid of facts

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 m3dude1

anyone arguing that pcars is even in the same league as driveclub in any area except cars is the one whos utterly devoid of any objectivity.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#158 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

anyone arguing that pcars is even in the same league as driveclub in any area except cars is the one whos utterly devoid of any objectivity.

It's not in the same league. 1080p/30 fps is the minor scrub leagues.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

30 fps, it doesn't sit well with me. pretty much two months until we get to see driveclub - 'twill be interesting.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#160 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:

30 fps, it doesn't sit well with me. pretty much two months until we get to see driveclub - 'twill be interesting.

True aficionados prefer their racing game to be smooth at a nice tender 144 fps.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 m3dude1

pcars already looks dated enough as it is, cant imagine how god awful its going to look to get the framerate up to 144.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@bldgirsh said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

True aficionados prefer their racing game to be smooth at a nice tender 144 fps.

that's me fave. i get that in some games now, but not modern ones because my rig is modest. i'll upgrade once the next GPUs are out.

a 60 fps toggle would be welcome for driveclub. but i'm mostly interested in how it drives. it might be fun. dunnoz.

napo_sp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By napo_sp
Member since 2006 • 649 Posts

irrelevant console fanboys argument as usual...

the division look better than driveclub already and it's coming to pc, and it will be playable on 21:9; now that is the powah of pc, your beloved console won't render anything at 21:9 on demand.

@m3dude1 said:

@napo_sp said:

@m3dude1 said:
@scatteh316 said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@scatteh316 said:

biggest loser^

show me pcars not looking like a last generation pile of garbage compared to drive club...oh wait, you cant. congrats, you dropped 1500 dollars to play racer thats massively outdated visually compared to driveclub at a higher res.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 m3dude1

still waiting for you to show me....oh wait

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 RoboCopISJesus

Racing game at 30 fps and inferior car models lol.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 m3dude1

lol racing games in 2014 with gen 7 quality tracks/lighting/shading

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Thats all this thread has been about. Stop trying to hijack threads.

Oh and a "shit ton sea of crap" doesn't give you more high scoring games than multiple consoles combined every gen..

OMG....you're so dense....or you're just trolling.

You. fucking. Miss. The. Point. Again.

No one is this stupid...I'm being trolled.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

All PC games takes advantage of the "powah". It's called much higher frame rates and resolution options. As far as game assets, A.I. and physics, that's purely up to the developers, but why bother with the expense just for the few when most gamers have either a console or low to mid level PC hardware...often ones which contain a $12 PSU and other assortments of un balanced hardware.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

they haven't showed me anything yet that makes me say "wow"

and I have no problem admitting if a game looks good, I don't give a shit what platform its on if it looks good it looks good.

my problem is that hermits boast about how powerful and great their rigs are but I have not yet seen a single PC game that looks better than a PS4 or Xbox One game. All they do is show a close-up of a blade of grass or a rock in the corner of the screen lol, and it doesn't even look better than a PS4 blade of grass. A PC doesn't re-design a game's art concept. Battlefield 4 still looks like battlefield 4 on PS4, X1, PC.

And star citizen looks like mass effect lol.

PC fails once again, and hermits continue to lose.

p.s. drive club looks better than pcars.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 RoboCopISJesus

@ps4hasnogames said:

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 PS4hasNOgames

@walloftruth said:

@melonfarmerz said:

Classic PS4hasnogames.

Makes a thread, gets locked, rages, tells us we're all nerds and that he's done with this, makes another PC bashing thread posed as a question within 5 days. This is like the 5th time man. Come on.

This, so much of this.

you mad? truth hurts?

haha! I own all of you.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#173 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:

@m3dude1 said:

they haven't showed me anything yet that makes me say "wow"

and I have no problem admitting if a game looks good, I don't give a shit what platform its on if it looks good it looks good.

my problem is that hermits boast about how powerful and great their rigs are but I have not yet seen a single PC game that looks better than a PS4 or Xbox One game. All they do is show a close-up of a blade of grass or a rock in the corner of the screen lol, and it doesn't even look better than a PS4 blade of grass. A PC doesn't re-design a game's art concept. Battlefield 4 still looks like battlefield 4 on PS4, X1, PC.

PC fails once again, and hermits continue to lose.

p.s. drive club looks better than pcars.

and you wonder why people aren't taking you and this thread too seriously

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:

@walloftruth said:

@melonfarmerz said:

Classic PS4hasnogames.

Makes a thread, gets locked, rages, tells us we're all nerds and that he's done with this, makes another PC bashing thread posed as a question within 5 days. This is like the 5th time man. Come on.

This, so much of this.

you mad? truth hurts?

haha! I own all of you.

lol

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

@ps4hasnogames said:

@walloftruth said:

@melonfarmerz said:

Classic PS4hasnogames.

This, so much of this.

you mad? truth hurts?

haha! I own all of you.

lmao why are all the anti-PC people just trolls. why no real debaters.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 PS4hasNOgames

@walloftruth said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@walloftruth said:

@melonfarmerz said:

Classic PS4hasnogames.

This, so much of this.

you mad? truth hurts?

haha! I own all of you.

No, I'm primarily a PC gamer, I have no reason to be mad because you know, PC actually has games and everything else you could possibly want from a electronic device, which makes me quite happy actually but thanks for asking! :)

it doesn't have metal gear, my favorite series ever. it doesn't have zelda, it doesn't have uncharted. all it has is a plethora of MMOs and RTS games which always bored me to tears, well not always...starcraft was pretty fun as a kid, and red alert was too.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#180  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:

@walloftruth said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@walloftruth said:

@melonfarmerz said:

Classic PS4hasnogames.

This, so much of this.

you mad? truth hurts?

haha! I own all of you.

No, I'm primarily a PC gamer, I have no reason to be mad because you know, PC actually has games and everything else you could possibly want from a electronic device, which makes me quite happy actually but thanks for asking! :)

it doesn't have metal gear, my favorite series ever. it doesn't have zelda, it doesn't have uncharted. all it has is a plethora of MMOs and RTS games which always bored me to tears, well not always...starcraft was pretty fun as a kid, and red alert was too.

See, factually wrong

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 PS4hasNOgames

@lostrib said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@walloftruth said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@walloftruth said:

@melonfarmerz said:

Classic PS4hasnogames.

This, so much of this.

you mad? truth hurts?

haha! I own all of you.

See, factually wrong

name me 5 pc exclusives, not MMo not RTS from the past 5 years that are actual major games. not indie.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts
@ps4hasnogames said:

@walloftruth said:

starcraft was pretty fun as a kid, and red alert was too.

Judging by the quality of your posts, you're basically implying that you currently play Starcraft and Red Alert...

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By PS4hasNOgames

@melonfarmerz said:
@ps4hasnogames said:

@walloftruth said:

starcraft was pretty fun as a kid, and red alert was too.

Judging by the quality of your posts, you're basically implying that you currently play Starcraft and Red Alert...

clever

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By lostrib

@ps4hasnogames said:

@lostrib said:

See, factually wrong

name me 5 pc exclusives, not MMo not RTS from the past 5 years that are actual major games. not indie.

DOTA 2, CIV 5, Divinity Original Sin, Arma 3, Sim City, Planetside 2 (still has yet to release on PS4 or even receive a release date), Shadow Warrior, Total War series

Others can probably add more

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 m3dude1

@lostrib said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@lostrib said:

See, factually wrong

DOTA 2, CIV 5, Divinity Original Sin, Arma 3, Sim City, Planetside 2 (still has yet to release on PS4 or even receive a release date), Shadow Warrior, Total War series

you fail at reading

miiiiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By miiiiv
Member since 2013 • 943 Posts

There are several pc games that take advantage of the power. And if we are talking about mods there are actually a ton of games that do.
A much better question is if there are any good looking next-gen console games that don't have pretty obvious compromises in one of these aspects; scale, draw distance and/or lod distance?
Cause I haven't seen any, except maybe Destiny but that game is a last gen port (or at least shares some assets with last gen) running at 30 fps, hopefully that is not what it takes to have larger levels together with good draw and lod distance on these next-gen consoles.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#189  Edited By KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

lol some PC gamers in this thread say 2005 Fear looks better than KZSF xD PC gamers are at an all time low when it comes to justify useless hardware. Whats next Star Citizen looks better? When is that out 2017? hhhhh pc gaming lol

aceatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By aceatch
Member since 2009 • 29 Posts

Consoles are so 2006. PC have already made a comeback:

Console gaming is dead - everything good is happening on PC right now

Back then, the hardware used to be cheap for the amount of performance you could get. Fast forward to now, you can get an PC for around the same price that is more accessible and convenient, making consoles seem irrelevant

PC is always a (big) step above consoles IN MY OPINION, and I know this because I went from an Xbox 360 to PC a couple of years ago.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 lostrib

@m3dude1 said:

@lostrib said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@lostrib said:

See, factually wrong

you fail at reading

Hmmm, yeah I guess Shadow Warrior and Divinity OS count as indie games. But I assume he was talking about indie style games like Rust or papers, please

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#192 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

If you want to know how Consoles hold up to PC look no further than Skyrim.

Loading Video...

I can't wait to get a PC that can handle this ENB.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By RoboCopISJesus
@ps4hasnogames said:

all it has is a plethora of MMOs and RTS games

Your original post had no mention of exclusive or "major game". The fact is PC has the most aaa-aa scoring titles in many genres, far more than MMO and RTS....but you knew that so you moved the goal post 10 miles away. You scumbag troll.

But I'll answer your new goal-post any way: (even though I don't need to, bullshit arbitrary rules that people only place on PC because of dat' jelly)

• Rome Total War 2 (TBS)
  • Civilizations 5 (TBS)
  • Shogun 2 (TBS)
  • DOTA 2 (Moba)
  • LoL (Moba)
  • Arma II
  • Arma III
  • PlanetSide 2
  • Hard Reset
  • Amnesia
  • Crysis Warhead
  • Sim City
  • Divinity: Original Sin
  • Mech Warrior Online
  • Tribes Ascend
  • STALKER
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#194 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

All of them do, actually... assuming you have a decent setup. You get 1080p+ 60fps+ with every game.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By naz99

@walloftruth said:
@RoboCopISJesus said:

Because PC gamers have the facts on their side and the trolls simply can't debate against solid facts so they make up stuff and lie.

@ps4hasnogames said:
@walloftruth said:

I love how the point is made in the very next post...lol amazing :P

And always gotta love the "MMo's and RTS don't count just because" dribble that they always spout

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

@lostrib said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@lostrib said:

See, factually wrong

you fail at reading

you fail at everything.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By PimpHand_Gamer

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@walloftruth said:

@melonfarmerz said:

Classic PS4hasnogames.

This, so much of this.

you mad? truth hurts?

haha! I own all of you.

Cause they're too poor to afford, so they get jelly and rage due to lack of maturity.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By naz99

@MBirdy88 said:

@m3dude1 said:

@lostrib said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@lostrib said:

See, factually wrong

you fail at reading

you fail at everything.

He mainly fails at winning arguments and to a lesser extent everything else too ;)

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By PimpHand_Gamer

@ps4hasnogames said:

@walloftruth said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@walloftruth said:

@melonfarmerz said:

Classic PS4hasnogames.

This, so much of this.

you mad? truth hurts?

haha! I own all of you.

I have MGS, Zelda's and RTS's...cause I have consoles and PC. If you can't front up then don't try to step up but you really can't be much of a gamer if you only own a single platform. The whole jelly thing is pretty old and it's certainly not just you of course as I sound like a broken record but I fail to understand how bashing any particular platform that isn't you're top preference has any relevance what so ever.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By naz99

@pimphand_gamer said:

@ps4hasnogames said:
@walloftruth said:

I have MGS, Zelda's and RTS's...cause I have consoles and PC. If you can't front up then don't try to step up but you really can't be much of a gamer if you only own a single platform.

So because i dont have time working 60 hours a week to play on multiple different platforms and because i cannot afford to buy more than one platform and all its games then that makes me less of a gamer than you?

I have been gaming 31 years and now im soley a PC player, but that makes me less of a gamer than you or anyone else?

Utter bloody nonsene