Which PC games actually take advantage of "the powah"

#101 Edited by BldgIrsh (1647 posts) -

EXACTLY, killzone isn't even the best looking game an I still haven't seen any PC game that puts it to shame. Lets use Ryse, lets use Infamous, the best looking PC game looks the same as those, even worse. PC lost.

bye loser.

@Wasdie said:

You literally don't know what you're talking about.

That's how these threads work. Say something ridiculous and then either ignore posts, feign ignorance or post something else equally ignorant and claim it as fact. This guy and alts post this same thread about once a week.

#102 Posted by Wasdie (49631 posts) -

lol at all those useless numbers, the ONLY thing I saw that was truly impressive was the demo of Unreal Tournament which isn't out yet, and won't look that good come launch. Anything can look good with a still photo. Pong looks good with a still photo.

The game looks exactly the same, all I see is a thinner blade of grass and a bigger rock on the pc version.

LOL annihilated.

pc gamers are pathetic.

No, the PC version clearly has better object detail, distance detail, color, and a sharper image overall. It's not like a generational gap or anything, but the graphics are definitely better on the PC version.

Ignorance is bliss.

#103 Posted by faizan_faizan (7849 posts) -

A lot of denial and ignorance in this thread...

Running games at higher resolutions itself means that the games are taking advantage of the hardware.

#104 Posted by m3dude1 (1175 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

lol at all those useless numbers, the ONLY thing I saw that was truly impressive was the demo of Unreal Tournament which isn't out yet, and won't look that good come launch. Anything can look good with a still photo. Pong looks good with a still photo.

The game looks exactly the same, all I see is a thinner blade of grass and a bigger rock on the pc version.

LOL annihilated.

pc gamers are pathetic.

No, the PC version clearly has better object detail, distance detail, color, and a sharper image overall. It's not like a generational gap or anything, but the graphics are definitely better on the PC version.

Ignorance is bliss.

not going to be posting that shot are you?

#105 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4432 posts) -

grey eyed elf already ran that gauntlet though, innit?

#106 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1408 posts) -

I remember last gen, @m3dude1 couldn't talk about graphics for 8 years in a row. I expect the same to happen by the end of this year or start of 2015. This cross-gen time period he's lucky as some games do look almost as good as PC games on ultra...but run much slower.

It's going to be nice.

#107 Edited by m3dude1 (1175 posts) -

is that in response me? yes i remember there was a user who posted bf4 screens proving me correct(tho he didnt post this specific screen). dont remember his user name. anyways its well known that with ultra settings, at 1080p you WILL experience drops far below 60 fps on any single gpu due to the horribly implemented ultra setting of effects quality. the firestorm pic i post is just an easy way to capture a perfectly repeatable situation. its even worse during certain vehicle battles when using active protection, or during cruise missile drops etc. hes playing at a resolution of 60% more pixels with a gpu at least 20% slower than mine talkin bout he never drops below 60 fps.

#108 Edited by BldgIrsh (1647 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

is that in response me? yes i remember there was a user who posted bf4 screens proving me correct(tho he didnt post this specific screen). dont remember his user name.

Oh, I recall that conversation. The user posted a better res shot of one of your shots even though you claimed that your shot was running on everything maxed out. It was a hilarious read.

#109 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (1408 posts) -
@m3dude1 said:

is that in response me? yes i remember there was a user who posted bf4 screens proving me correct(tho he didnt post this specific screen). dont remember his user name. anyways its well known that with ultra settings, at 1080p you WILL experience drops far below 60 fps on any single gpu due to the horribly implemented ultra setting of effects quality. the firestorm pic i post is just an easy way to capture a perfectly repeatable situation. its even worse during certain vehicle battles when using active protection, or during cruise missile drops etc.

So basically bf4 looks and runs better on PC like 90% of multiplats.

#110 Edited by BldgIrsh (1647 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:
@m3dude1 said:

is that in response me? yes i remember there was a user who posted bf4 screens proving me correct(tho he didnt post this specific screen). dont remember his user name. anyways its well known that with ultra settings, at 1080p you WILL experience drops far below 60 fps on any single gpu due to the horribly implemented ultra setting of effects quality. the firestorm pic i post is just an easy way to capture a perfectly repeatable situation. its even worse during certain vehicle battles when using active protection, or during cruise missile drops etc.

So basically bf4 looks and runs better on PC like 90% of multiplats.

Sounds about right. So, @m3dude1 is proving the TC wrong. Even cows like m3dude1 think @ps4hasnogames is silly.

#111 Posted by napo_sp (224 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames:

What useless numbers? These videos clearly shown people playing at 21:9 3440x1440 res, show us any console game that let us play in custom res without black bars or forced by the dev

Project cars on 21:9 3440x1440 is at another level than any other console racing games including console exclusives like forza gt driveclub etc that stuck at 16:9

#112 Edited by m3dude1 (1175 posts) -
@bldgirsh said:

@m3dude1 said:

is that in response me? yes i remember there was a user who posted bf4 screens proving me correct(tho he didnt post this specific screen). dont remember his user name.

Oh, I recall that conversation. The user posted a better res shot of one of your shots even though you claimed that your shot was running on everything maxed out. It was a hilarious read.

just because he posted shots at a higher res doesnt mean my shots arent ultra settings you knucklehead.

#113 Posted by BldgIrsh (1647 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

@bldgirsh said:

@m3dude1 said:

just because he posted shots at a higher res doesnt mean my shots arent ultra settings you knucklehead.

No no. It was hilarious he used 1080p and you posted in "1080p" as well. But his was clearly better, it was interesting how you tried to damage control and just left the thread entirely.

#114 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4432 posts) -

nah sorry man i posted on the wrong website

#115 Posted by m3dude1 (1175 posts) -

@bldgirsh said:

@m3dude1 said:

@bldgirsh said:

@m3dude1 said:

No no. It was hilarious he used 1080p and you posted in "1080p" as well. But his was clearly better, it was interesting how you tried to damage control and just left the thread entirely.

the shot i posted on the last page was from that exact same thread. anyone with half a brain can discern that its 1080p ultra settings.

#116 Posted by BldgIrsh (1647 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

@bldgirsh said:

@m3dude1 said:

@bldgirsh said:

the shot i posted on the last page was from that exact same thread. anyone with half a brain can discern that its 1080p ultra settings.

You said it yourself. It wasn't that shot. Or do you tend to forget that quickly?

#117 Posted by m3dude1 (1175 posts) -

i said the other guy didnt post that specific shot. he posted his own shots and i proceeded to match them. the shot im referring to on the last page was the first shot i originally posted in that thread that you claimed wasnt 1080p or ultra settings. continue to be a clueless numbskull

#118 Posted by Mr_Huggles_dog (688 posts) -

None.

Back in the day PC games' settings went from "Do you have the latest and greatest hardware" to "So you have a Dell do you?"

The highest settings used to be for those with the best of the best. Now the highest settings don't even test the best.

B/c the best is whatever intel CPU is out there that's the best and GTX 700 series x3. And I don't know of any game that needs 3 GPUs to run.

So what I will say is...don't let anyone fool you...none of them take advantage of what the PC can actually do.

#119 Posted by CDWJUSTIN (2065 posts) -
#120 Posted by evildead6789 (7513 posts) -

what is out now that actually shows a difference between lets say Killzone shadow fall and a pc game?

this

or this

#121 Posted by scatteh316 (4861 posts) -

Seems consolites are feeling a little insecure about there machines....lmao....

You losers don't miss and understand what you've never had so looking at a few screens of games running at 2560x1440, 8xMSAA and 60fps doesn't quite 'click' in your brains....

But it's OK, you may continue with your sub HD games and fluctuating frame rates.....

#122 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1394 posts) -

You losers don't miss and understand what you've never had so looking at a few screens of games running at 2560x1440, 8xMSAA and 60fps doesn't quite 'click' in your brains....

But it's OK, you may continue with your sub HD games and fluctuating frame rates.....

biggest loser^

#123 Posted by faizan_faizan (7849 posts) -

@scatteh316 said:

biggest loser^

> loser

#124 Posted by scatteh316 (4861 posts) -

@scatteh316 said:

biggest loser^

Damage control is strong with this one..... I might start a blog describing what 1440p with 8xAA at 60fps looks like so you consolites can at least get some idea of what true gaming is like.

#125 Edited by PS4hasNOgames (1394 posts) -

@napo_sp said:

moar pc gaming powah!!!

instead of a pathetic 1920x800p 1.5MP LMAO low res artistic excuse ala the order, we can have 3440x1440 res true cinematic 2.35/2.4:1 ratio without compromise, aside from true ultra hd 2160p capability.

are you kidding me lol. forza looks like that, even better, drive club looks like that. so this is what rigs are capable of? the lowly xbox one graphics? LOL

this does not put anything to shame like you hermits claim. it still looks like any ps4 or xbox one game racing game.(that rhymed)

pc gaming is a myth. maybe in 1998 you can see a difference against the ps1 and N64, but today its just a thinner blade of grass in the corner of your screen. nothing mind-blowing impressive.

#126 Posted by scatteh316 (4861 posts) -

@napo_sp said:

moar pc gaming powah!!!

instead of a pathetic 1920x800p 1.5MP LMAO low res artistic excuse ala the order, we can have 3440x1440 res true cinematic 2.35/2.4:1 ratio without compromise, aside from true ultra hd 2160p capability.

are you kidding me lol. forza looks like that, even better, drive club looks like that. so this is what rigs are capable of? the lowly xbox one graphics? LOL

this does not put anything to shame like you hermits claim. it still looks like any ps4 or xbox one game racing game.(that rhymed)

pc gaming is a myth. maybe in 1998 you can see a difference against the ps1 and N64, but today its just a thinner blade of grass in the corner of your screen. nothing mind-blowing impressive.

Them tears!! More salt then the dead sea...

#127 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1394 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames said:

@napo_sp said:

moar pc gaming powah!!!

grow up loser, nobody is crying over shitty graphics on pc lol, except maybe you.

you and I know that footage looks like forza with shittier lighting, or drive club, again with shittier lighting on the pc game haha.

game over.

#128 Posted by BldgIrsh (1647 posts) -

@scatteh316 said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@napo_sp said:

moar pc gaming powah!!!

grow up loser, nobody is crying over shitty graphics on pc lol, except maybe you.

you and I know that footage looks like forza with shittier lighting, or drive club, again with shittier lighting on the pc game haha.

game over.

Btw, you need to have a monitor/specs capable of that resolution to truly see what the youtuber was seeing...

#129 Posted by scatteh316 (4861 posts) -

@scatteh316 said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@napo_sp said:

moar pc gaming powah!!!

game over.

And them tears continue...... it's a good job you have an infinite supply!!

#130 Edited by PS4hasNOgames (1394 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames said:

@scatteh316 said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@napo_sp said:

moar pc gaming powah!!!

game over.

#131 Posted by scatteh316 (4861 posts) -

@scatteh316 said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@scatteh316 said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@napo_sp said:

moar pc gaming powah!!!

game over.

Now he's in damage control mode....

#132 Posted by Mr_Huggles_dog (688 posts) -

When console games look this good.....theres no need to go on about how PC is does this or that better.

Do PCs play games at higher res with more bells and whisltes? Yes. But seriously....this is a PS4 game and these graphics should be good enough for anyone.

#133 Edited by m3dude1 (1175 posts) -
@scatteh316 said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@scatteh316 said:

biggest loser^

Damage control is strong with this one..... I might start a blog describing what 1440p with 8xAA at 60fps looks like so you consolites can at least get some idea of what true gaming is like.

too bad your 290x isnt running any modern games at those settings and fps.

massive lol @ pcars gt5 quality tracks and general shading. drive club shits all over that garbage

#134 Posted by napo_sp (224 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:
@scatteh316 said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@scatteh316 said:

biggest loser^

too bad your 290x isnt running any modern games at those settings and fps.

massive lol @ pcars gt5 quality tracks and general shading. drive club shits all over that garbage

show me driveclub running at 21:9 3440x1440... oh wait, you can't.

#135 Posted by MBirdy88 (7733 posts) -

When console games look this good.....theres no need to go on about how PC is does this or that better.

Do PCs play games at higher res with more bells and whisltes? Yes. But seriously....this is a PS4 game and these graphics should be good enough for anyone.

congratulations for the first year or 2 of your consoles life it will have graphics close to PC gaming.... and mainly because of ridiculous run away graphic team's on a few first party titles.... meanwhile, for the next 6 years... LOL

#136 Posted by Krelian-co (10424 posts) -

a. That's a corridor racer, not every game looks like that, if every game looked like that you may had a point (i'd still prefer pc for many other reasons besides graphics like mods, open platform, not having to pay for multiplayer, cheaper games, etc)

b. Go play bf4 which is actually an intensive graphics game in ps4 and pc, then you would know the difference.

#137 Edited by Mr_Huggles_dog (688 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

a. That's a corridor racer, not every game looks like that, if every game looked like that you may had a point (i'd still prefer pc for many other reasons besides graphics like mods, open platform, not having to pay for multiplayer, cheaper games, etc)

b. Go play bf4 which is actually an intensive graphics game in ps4 and pc, then you would know the difference.

So theres an excuse....I see.

Well....I'd post some Infamous stuff but then you'd just be like "Thats a open world not-so-PC game something something pixel AA target render polygonal illusion.....so yeah, theres that excsuse."

So fuck it.

#138 Posted by Krelian-co (10424 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Well....I'd post some Infamous stuff but then you'd just be like "Thats a open world not-so-PC game something something pixel AA target render polygonal illusion.....so yeah, theres that excsuse."

So fuck it.

Oh right, ok every game looks like that on ps4, happy now mr delusional fanboy?

#139 Posted by enzyme36 (1481 posts) -

I really liked how Bioshock Infinite looked on PC. I dont mod many games for visuals... so up until that point I think its the best looking game Ive played. (have not tried Crysis 3). My jaw hit the floor when I ascended into Columbia for the first time.

#140 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2770 posts) -

I like how a certain faction of fanboys hypes the difference between 792p/900p and 1080p. They use this difference as ammunition to call the one console weak and underpowered. This same faction then downplays the difference between 1080p and 1440p/higher, and claim they have the best looking games. I just don't get it.

#141 Edited by Mr_Huggles_dog (688 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@Krelian-co said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

So fuck it.

Oh right, ok every game looks like that on ps4, happy now mr delusional fanboy?

You missed the point.

Like I said I could post images of Infamous OR Killzone and just about anyone should be happy with the visuals.

I'm not a fanboy....just happy with the state of graphics right now....maybe since it's such a sore spot with you for a console to get good graphics that you're the fanboy.

#142 Posted by 04dcarraher (19269 posts) -

I like how a certain faction of fanboys hypes the difference between 792p/900p and 1080p. They use this difference as ammunition to call the one console weak and underpowered. This same faction then downplays the difference between 1080p and 1440p/higher, and claim they have the best looking games. I just don't get it.

Denial, they cant handle the truth that their precious console cant stack upto some other system.

#143 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (1408 posts) -

Ryse is now coming to PC and looks far better than the XboxOne version.

We went from PC possibly CURRENTLY having the best gfx this gen to taking definitive first place status for the next 7-8 years over night. As if star citizen, dreadnaught, elite dangerous didn't already solidify that fact. @m3dude1 Good luck for the rest of this gen, you'll need it.

I'll be surprised if I hear a gfx argument out of these goons again until xbox4 or ps5.

#144 Posted by MonsieurX (29568 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

these numbers you hold so dear to your heart are absolutely useless. The games above look the same as Killzone shadow fall, and Titanfall looks worse. So your precious rigs are a waste of money and don't even have the best games like consoles do. Now go cry in the corner.

lames.

It implies that KZ:SF looks amazing,which doesn't. It's not even the current graphics king(lol graphics king on consoles)

Please,continue to cry

EXACTLY, killzone isn't even the best looking game an I still haven't seen any PC game that puts it to shame. Lets use Ryse, lets use Infamous, the best looking PC game looks the same as those, even worse. PC lost.

bye loser.

Don't remember when was the last time a console game was actually graphics king

#145 Edited by Mr_Huggles_dog (688 posts) -

We went from PC possibly CURRENTLY having the best gfx this gen to taking definitive first place status for the next 7-8 years over night. As if star citizen, dreadnaught, elite dangerous didn't already solidify that fact. @m3dude1 Good luck for the rest of this gen, you'll need it.

I'll be surprised if I hear a gfx argument out of these goons again until xbox4 or ps5.

So how does Uncharted 4 look on your PC?

Good luck....you'll need it.

#146 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (1408 posts) -

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

So how does Uncharted 4 look

Star Citizen, Ryse Ultra, Dreadnaught, Elite, UT all look better. More to come.

Didn't you guys learn from the last 4 gens, that console only has debatable gfx against PC for only 1 year of the start of a new gen? That period is over now. 8 years of crying begins today.

#147 Posted by BldgIrsh (1647 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Oh, how does it look like on the PS4? I'd like to know.

#148 Edited by Mr_Huggles_dog (688 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Star Citizen, Ryse Ultra, Dreadnaught, Elite, UT all look better.

Didn't you guys learn from the last 4 gens, that console only has debatable gfx against PC for only 1 year of the start of a new gen? That period is over now. 8 years of crying begins today.

Didn't YOU guys learn that some of us don't give a fuck about 1000000000x500000 resolution @ 600fps with AAAAAAAAA.

Hell it's not even a matter of quality anymore...graphics are at the point where they are fine....only YOU GUYS make that argument.

And stop fucking acting like you know me....I've been a PC gamer for years, just b/c I don't buy into the bullshit you're shoveling doesn't mean I'm a "You guys".

#149 Posted by MonsieurX (29568 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

How does UC4 actually look?

I guess we'll discover it in 2015?

#150 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (1408 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Star Citizen, Ryse Ultra, Dreadnaught, Elite, UT all look better.

Didn't YOU guys learn that some of us don't give a fuck about 1000000000x500000 resolution @ 600fps with AAAAAAAAA.

Hell it's not even a matter of quality anymore...graphics are at the point where they are fine....only YOU GUYS make that argument.

The quote chain and thread were about gfx......what the fuck....You were talking about gfx a few minutes ago...