Which month do you think X360 will finally be in last place?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ThisIsSW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ThisIsSW
Member since 2007 • 66 Posts
The DFC article in the News section asserts that the Xbox 360 is going to finish in DEAD last by 2012. However, I see this happening much much sooner; more like December 2009. When do you think X360 will be in 3rd?
OGTiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2 OGTiago
Member since 2005 • 6546 Posts
by 2012, there will already be xbox 720
ThisIsSW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ThisIsSW
Member since 2007 • 66 Posts

by 2012, there will already be xbox 720OGTiago

Which will compete with the PS3 :lol:

TBoogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TBoogy
Member since 2007 • 4382 Posts

The DFC article in the News section asserts that the Xbox 360 is going to finish in DEAD last by 2012. However, I see this happening much much sooner; more like December 2009. When do you think X360 will be in 3rd?ThisIsSW

In January 2011.

But that's is because their next system will launch in November, 2010.

Bones82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Bones82
Member since 2007 • 122 Posts
December 2009? Who gives a damn. What about right now? Microsoft is whipping the piss out of Sony.
YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts
Well in order for that to happen the ps3 will need to outsell the 360 on a regular basis.. No luck yet in that department even with that price drop
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts

Dunno, it might not. It's all predictions right now.

I can see the PS3 gaining heavy momentum next year with releases like GTAIV, MGSIV, GT5, FFXIII so my guess would be that it overtakes the 360 sometime next year.

Silent_Mills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Silent_Mills
Member since 2007 • 97 Posts
June of 2009.
Coyo7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Coyo7e
Member since 2005 • 3672 Posts

The DFC article in the News section asserts that the Xbox 360 is going to finish in DEAD last by 2012. However, I see this happening much much sooner; more like December 2009. When do you think X360 will be in 3rd?ThisIsSW

Anyone who has had their finger on the pulse of the gaming public at all for the last 9 months would never make a prediction like that.

When I bought my ps3 this last week the clerks at the store atcually tyred talking me out of it. The first thing they asked me was "got a 360? becouse get a 360 instead." two customers chimed in with the same comment. I said I had a 360 then they asked.." well do you have a wii yet? you should get the wii next"

I said no I dont really want a wii. I am sure they made some wise cracks as I walked out of the store with a ps3 that had been on their shelf for 2 weeks.

BlueBarad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BlueBarad
Member since 2003 • 2218 Posts

I can see the PS3 gaining heavy momentum next year with releases like GTAIV, MGSIV, GT5, FFXIII so my guess would be that it overtakes the 360 sometime next year.

the-very-best

Seriously doubt it next year. The PS3 would have to sell the 360 almost 3 to 1 for that to happen.

mwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mwa
Member since 2003 • 2639 Posts
well that was a forecast based on the way things are going now. things could go either way 3-4 years from now.
Avatar image for Vyse_The_Daring
Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Vyse_The_Daring
Member since 2003 • 5318 Posts

[QUOTE="OGTiago"]by 2012, there will already be xbox 720ThisIsSW

Which will compete with the PS3 :lol:

Maybe then the PS3 will actually be ready to compete.

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 the-very-best
[QUOTE="the-very-best"]

BlueBarad

Seriously doubt it next year. The PS3 would have to sell the 360 almost 3 to 1 for that to happen.

Very possible imo. It really all depends on the price of the PS3. Cause the software will be there. I'm pretty confident Sony will get the price right.

Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Vyse_The_Daring

To me 360 all ready lost to sony the day it came out even before the ps3 was out. Becuase i have yet found 1 good game on the stupied 360 or xbox. I am glad i have a ps3 and a wii beucase both of those beat the hell out of the xbox of crap and the 360 cent system >_>. theremixer

How can you find a good game for it if you don't have it?

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

To me 360 all ready lost to sony the day it came out even before the ps3 was out. Becuase i have yet found 1 good game on the stupied 360 or xbox. I am glad i have a ps3 and a wii beucase both of those beat the hell out of the xbox of crap and the 360 cent system >_>. theremixer

:D @ you

_KenKittyragi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 _KenKittyragi_
Member since 2007 • 1967 Posts

Please tell me you are joking :shock:

theremixer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 theremixer
Member since 2005 • 446 Posts
My dumb brother got one and i tried all the stupied games he got like halo and the other so called Big hitters and they all sucked biggggggg timmmeeee. And then i told him he made a bad choice in getting the thing so he got rid of it and got a ps3 as well.
BlueBarad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BlueBarad
Member since 2003 • 2218 Posts
[QUOTE="BlueBarad"][QUOTE="the-very-best"]

the-very-best

Very possible imo. It really all depends on the price of the PS3. Cause the software will be there. I'm pretty confident Sony will get the price right.

Yeah the games might be there. But aren't you ignoring the Counter price action also. If Sony drops the price to U$299, Microsoft will probably drop it even further to U$199

If i had to bet would be sometime in 2009. I just don't think there is enough steam to overtake them next year.

Coyo7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Coyo7e

[QUOTE="theremixer"]To me 360 all ready lost to sony the day it came out even before the ps3 was out. Becuase i have yet found 1 good game on the stupied 360 or xbox. I am glad i have a ps3 and a wii beucase both of those beat the hell out of the xbox of crap and the 360 cent system >_>. _KenKittyragi_

Please tell me you are joking :shock:

I know thats a funny quote.

if you cant find a game youlike on the xbox you are letting a bias control your decisions and notlooking at the games themselves.

mwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mwa
[QUOTE="BlueBarad"][QUOTE="the-very-best"]

the-very-best

in order to outsell the 360 3 to 1 next year, that would mean that the PS3's library must be more extensive and better than the 360's in 2008 to the same degree that the 360's library is more extensive nd better than the PS3's today. i just don't see that happening. you'd have to be assuming that the 360 will come out with a very mediocre library next year or that the PS3 will suddenly see a surge in great titles next year, enough to offset any increase in good titles for the 360. possible? sure, anything's possible. likely? i think not.

TheSolution3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TheSolution3k
Member since 2005 • 224 Posts

I think the 360 already went to last place with its terrible hardware, lack of support from most developers and spending too much money and energy on Halo (which is why they pulled the plug early on the original Xbox disaster) to keep up with competition. Once the Halo craze goes away, lemmings are left with the repeat mistakes of the original flop.

theremixer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 theremixer
Member since 2005 • 446 Posts
i agree with ya 100%
Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Vyse_The_Daring

My dumb brother got one and i tried all the stupied games he got like halo and the other so called Big hitters and they all sucked biggggggg timmmeeee. And then i told him he made a bad choice in getting the thing so he got rid of it and got a ps3 as well.theremixer

Your brother bought an xbox 360 to play Halo 2? Nice.

mwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mwa

I think the 360 already went to last place with its terrible hardware, lack of support from most developers and spending too much money and energy on Halo (which is why they pulled the plug early on the original Xbox disaster) to keep up with competition. Once the Halo craze goes away, lemmings are left with the repeat mistakes of the original flop.

TheSolution3k

what lack of support? it's getting great 3rd party support as far as i know.

Coyo7e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Coyo7e

TheSolution3k

"lack of support"....????? thats a really stupid thing to say becouse its just not true.

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 the-very-best

Yeah the games might be there. But aren't you ignoring the Counter price action also. If Sony drops the price to U$299, Microsoft will probably drop it even further to U$199

If i had to bet would be sometime in 2009. I just don't think there is enough steam to overtake them next year.

BlueBarad

Counter price isn't a big deal.

It really is all about the software and affordability. If Sony can get a good price for the PS3 by Christmas 2008 (has to be $350 or $399), when combined with killer apps like MGSIV, GT5, and FFXIII (if they make 2008 release) a counter price from MS wouldn't have too much effect.

After all, consumers buy consoles for games. The console needs to be affordable though and PS3 atm is not (nor does it have any compelling software).

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

Mid-2009 ..... end of 2009 at the latest.

mwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mwa
[QUOTE="BlueBarad"]

the-very-best

Counter price isn't a big deal.

It really is all about the software and affordability. If Sony can get a good price for the PS3 by Christmas 2008 (has to be $350 or $399), when combined with killer apps like MGSIV, GT5, and FFXIII (if they make 2008 release) a counter price from MS wouldn't have too much effect.

After all, consumers buy consoles for games. The console needs to be affordable though and PS3 atm is not (nor does it have any compelling software).

counter price is a big deal. when people make their buying decisions, price is always relative, meaning that they compare the prices of similar products in the market to determine which one is the best value (taking into consideration the quality of games and the system's capabilities into account as well of course)

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 the-very-best

in order to outsell the 360 3 to 1 next year, that would mean that the PS3's library must be more extensive and better than the 360's in 2008 to the same degree that the 360's library is more extensive nd better than the PS3's today. i just don't see that happening. you'd have to be assuming that the 360 will come out with a very mediocre library next year or that the PS3 will suddenly see a surge in great titles next year, enough to offset any increase in good titles for the 360. possible? sure, anything's possible. likely? i think not.

mwa

Nah, didn't say 360 didn't have awesome titles next year (Halo Wars, Banjo!, Alan Wake, Gears 2, and Ninja Gaiden 2 all will be great) but the 360's system seller is coming in 2007, and it's Halo 3.

Halo Wars, Banjo, Alan Wake, Gears and NG2 aren't major system sellers. FFXIII, GT5, and to a lesser extent, MGSIV, are. MS went full throtlle in 2007 (and it's gonna pay off with the Halo release), but Sony is keeping the big guns for 2008.

the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 the-very-best

counter price is a big deal. when people make their buying decisions, price is always relative, meaning that they compare the prices of similar products in the market to determine which one is the best value (taking into consideration the quality of games and the system's capabilities into account as well of course)

mwa

The software is always the most important thing. GC had a cheaper price than the PS2 and Xbox but consumers didn't choose that because the PS2 had more compelling software.

mwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mwa
[QUOTE="mwa"]

the-very-best

Nah, didn't say 360 didn't have awesome titles next year (Halo Wars, Banjo!, Alan Wake, Gears 2, and Ninja Gaiden 2 all will be great) but the 360's system seller is coming in 2007, and it's Halo 3.

Halo Wars, Banjo, Alan Wake, Gears and NG2 aren't major system sellers. FFXIII, GT5, and to a lesser extent, MGSIV, are. MS went full throtlle in 2007 (and it's gonna pay off with the Halo release), but Sony is keeping the big guns for 2008.

yeah i could definitely see sony closing the gap by a significant margin...not as certain about whether it will overtake the 360 though

adriancostin83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 adriancostin83
Member since 2007 • 1155 Posts
how about....september of never
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 the-very-best

yeah i could definitely see sony closing the gap by a significant margin...not as certain about whether it will overtake the 360 though

mwa

Yeah, it's gonna be interesting to watch and I'm sure MS has some big things planned for 2008 too so both Sony and MS are gonna have to work really hard if they wanna catch up to the Wii (which is not impossible imo).

Bristar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Bristar
Member since 2002 • 495 Posts

I wonder which month will see the PS3 in last place?

...... Oh that's right it was this month, the month before,the month before, the month before, ect. ect.

kungfuchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 kungfuchaos
Member since 2004 • 5643 Posts

the-very-best
LOL!!! Umm, dude??? GTA IV is multiplat and the 360 version has EXCLUSIVE DLC that the PS3 version doesnt and oh did you here that the 360 is less expensive than the PS3!! OH and BTW, pigs will grow wings and fly out my butt before FF XIII hits retail shelves in 2008!!! As far as GT 5 goes....PGR 4..Nuff said!!
dlind70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 dlind70
Member since 2004 • 2816 Posts
Sept then Nov