Which Is More Important Graphics or Gameplay?

Edited 1 year, 18 days ago

Poll: Which Is More Important Graphics or Gameplay? (52 votes)

Graphics (Playstation 4) 12%
Gameplay (Xbox One, Wii U) 37%
Graphics and Gameplay both (PC) 52%

So?

#1 Edited by Blabadon (28951 posts) -

Cross dressing

#3 Edited by jg4xchamp (51403 posts) -

I like this poll.

Consoles play a zero sum game, while the PC gives you both of the above. Well played.

#4 Edited by freedomfreak (44536 posts) -

Poll's pretty lulz. Should make for some fun rustling.

#6 Edited by parkurtommo (28063 posts) -

#7 Posted by TheTruthIsREAL (808 posts) -

LOL I love to read your polls. They are always entertaining. Makes me not want to pick an answer but gameplay over graphics any day. How xbox one, a console, has better gameplay is obviously something you only see. Your threads are so bad that it's hilarious.

#8 Posted by B4X (5660 posts) -

I think both are relevant.

Game play>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>graphics any day of the forever.

#9 Posted by GreySeal9 (25481 posts) -

Haha. Awesome poll.

#10 Posted by ironcreed (14083 posts) -

For me, we have reached a point where games are plenty capable of achieving both. Hell, it reached that point for me on PS3 and 360.

#11 Edited by cainetao11 (20169 posts) -

Resolution and indies are most important this gen.

#12 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152926 posts) -

What a shit poll. Really bothers you that your choice doesn't have the best graphics doesn't it?

#13 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

85% gameplay, 10% art style, 5% details

Big fucking 0% for res

#14 Posted by Cloud_imperium (6963 posts) -

Both are important . If developers have limited budget or time and they can focus only on one , then gameplay should always be preferred . But graphics are important too , this is 2014 after all .

I Chose Option C . (Almost voted for Option B)

#15 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3864 posts) -

Graphics obviously. Lol at playing games for gameplay.

#16 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29924 posts) -

lol at poll

#17 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (9911 posts) -

Resolution and frame-rate. 900p graphics and a frame rate under 60 are unplayable and ruin games.

#18 Posted by IgGy621985 (5204 posts) -

"Graphics are important until PC completely obliterates at that department. Then gameplay. Definitely gameplay."
- Consolites

#19 Posted by Minishdriveby (10520 posts) -

I think we would all be outside right now playing with a stick if it wasn't for graphics. Both are important.

#20 Edited by pyro1245 (1079 posts) -

gameplay should be the driving factor, however why not make it look awesome too? Especially if you have the resources of a large dev company.

#21 Posted by Ballroompirate (23864 posts) -

Both are pretty important

#22 Edited by NoirLamia777 (2325 posts) -

Gameplay anyday.

#23 Posted by misterpmedia (4610 posts) -

Hopefully the mods will make swift movement on this dire troll thread lol. Poll options are artificially skewed so there's no point for it.

lolfreedomfreelem thread

#24 Edited by Gue1 (11599 posts) -

gameplay is subjetive

graphics are subjective

both are complementary because you can't play a game without graphics nor play graphics without gameplay. Games have story, music and performance and a whole bunch of other things that make video games be video games and the experience more enjoyable like for example: level design, physics, AI, pace, etc. Just gameplay isn't enough to achieve anything. This debate has always been stupid.

#25 Posted by melonfarmerz (1294 posts) -

Love the hypocrisy in this thread. Same cows that blew up threads like the "UC4 looks better than anything on PC" thread are now telling us that graphics don't matter

#26 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152926 posts) -

@melonfarmerz said:

Love the hypocrisy in this thread. Same cows that blew up threads like the "UC4 looks better than anything on PC" thread are now telling us that graphics don't matter

You seem a bit upset dude.....relax...it's just SW. Def nothing to get worked up about.

#27 Posted by Roler42 (898 posts) -

I love me some gorgeous graphics, but if they don't have the gameplay to compliment them then they are completely useless, gameplay will always take a priority for me, the graphics will always take the backseat

#28 Posted by Boggle_Dragon (125 posts) -

Why not both for all systems? Are you saying the Xbox can't have good graphics TC?

#29 Posted by nini200 (10626 posts) -

Graphics are a part of the gameplay since they enhance the experience of the game you're playing.

#30 Posted by TrappedInABox91 (1141 posts) -

Your're not a gamer If you put graphics before gameplay.

#31 Posted by LadyBlue (4052 posts) -

Congrats! you went FR.

#33 Posted by foxhound_fox (91118 posts) -

Extremely clever poll.

A good reflection of the current System Wars fanboy trend.

#34 Posted by melonfarmerz (1294 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@melonfarmerz said:

You seem a bit upset dude.....relax...it's just SW. Def nothing to get worked up about.

Not really... lol

#35 Edited by smashed_pinata (3290 posts) -

Gameplay is obviously the most important factor in any game.

In fact it`s the reason nothing but Nintendo games seem to satisfy my appetite. Sure, they seem to be pandering to the casual crowd lately, but when Nintendo is on their A game, nothing and i mean NOTHING at all compares. People lose their shit over games like Skyrim, GTA, Dark Souls blah blah blah, but none of it comes close because the gameplay just seems clunky, and stiff. The stiffness, oh my god. But man oh man, does Mario ever have swag. He moves like nothing else i tell ya.

#36 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

hahaha that's a great poll :P

#37 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (16679 posts) -

Gameplay obviously, but you need to strike a balance.

#38 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152926 posts) -

Anyway to answer the question gameplay is more important but within a generation the graphics should be relatively equal. If not...I go with the better graphics.

#41 Edited by LJS9502_basic (152926 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

@jeager_titan: Explain your problem please.

Probably the same one you have....

#42 Posted by MonsieurX (32015 posts) -

Cheeseburgers are more importanter.

#43 Edited by Vaasman (11850 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

Congrats! you went FR.

You never go Frank Reynolds.

#44 Posted by blamix99 (2580 posts) -

gameplay PS4 and WiiU

#45 Posted by sam890 (1108 posts) -

I see what you did there TC lol.

#47 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (2501 posts) -

why is gameplay paired with x1 and wii u? like they are doing something different than ps4 except having shitty hardware.

#48 Posted by Krelian-co (13213 posts) -

pc and ps4 have both so thats why i have them

xbone has.......paywalls?

#49 Posted by CyberLips (1827 posts) -

Gameplay always comes first but you can't invest money on a next gen console or a good PC without expecting good graphics.