Which is better? Sonic 2006 or Metroid Other M?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edited 5 months, 15 days ago

Poll: Which is better? Sonic 2006 or Metroid Other M? (35 votes)

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 11%
METROID: OTHER M 89%

So basically, so you want eternal angry testing your patience, but sometimes entertaining, or do you want to be in pain while listening to plot that make no sense, that had horrible gameplay but playable, and has everyone speak like they are drunk?

#1 Posted by freedomfreak (38196 posts) -

Have everyone speak like they are drunk.

#2 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@freedomfreak:

I am not sure if this was a vote or if you think that was a correction which it is not.

#3 Posted by freedomfreak (38196 posts) -

I am not sure if this was a vote or if you think that was a correction which it is not.

You really remind me of super sometimes, man.

#4 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4463 posts) -

Never played Sonic 06... only Sonic games I actually played to the end were Sonic 1, 2, 3 and Knuckles.

Other M wasn't so bad. Terrible for a Metroid game I suppose, but on its own it was somewhat fun.

#5 Edited by charizard1605 (54389 posts) -

Other M.

Sonic 2006 is an unplayable mess. Other M can at least be played and is good as an action game, even if it is a horrific action game

#6 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

Other M.

Sonic 2006 is an unplayable mess. Other M can at least be played and is good as an action game, even if it is a horrific action game

Did you play the Xbox 360 version or the PS3 version?

#7 Edited by Ghost120x (3642 posts) -

Other M was a pretty decent game and the hate is undeserved. Sonic 2006 on the other hand......let's just forget that game happened.

#8 Posted by lamprey263 (22430 posts) -

I found Metroid Other M to be fun, sure the story was silly but it was still the same formulaic Metroid of gaining new abilities and backtracking for upgrades to energy and rockets. The controls worked. The game was entertaining, I mean it's cheap now so why deny yourself since it is actually somewhat fun.

It could be better, I think most can agree it could have been a lot better. I think Tomonobu Itagaki's absence from the project over problems at Tecmo had most to do with it not being as good as it could have been. Plus Nintendo still exercised control and forced the story onto the game that many people despised. Still I like the idea of Nintendo outsourcing the Metroid games, I mean someone has to make them and Nintendo sure ain't doing it.

#9 Edited by Sword-Demon (6871 posts) -

I don't think Other M was a bad game. There were some poor design choices like the controls and the "Where's Waldo" parts, and the story was pretty terrible, but the overall gameplay was solid.

I haven't played sonic 06, but from what I've seen, it's just flat-out terrible.

#10 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4463 posts) -

@Jakandsigz said:

You really remind me of super sometimes, man.

Harsh bro.

#11 Posted by Sword-Demon (6871 posts) -

Which two idiots voted for sonic?

#12 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

Which two idiots voted for sonic?

Most likely people who played the 360 version installed. Or on disc. Those are the people who defend the game the most. Or at least that's what i get at the 3 sonic forums I just checked out briefly.

#13 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3227 posts) -

You must be joking. I haven't played Sonic 06, but comparing it to Other M.... just don't.

#14 Edited by Seabas989 (9950 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

Other M.

Does it even matter?

#15 Edited by Gue1 (9130 posts) -

everything about Sonic 2006 from gameplay to the creepy romance with the human female was just bad. Meanwhile Other M had a story so badly told it ruined the entire game with stupid plot-devices and the weak characterization of a popular character.

Other M > Sonic

At least for Nintendo there's a lesson to be learned. Don't try to put story in a game if you don't have the slightest idea of what you're doing.

#16 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@Jakandsigz said:

@charizard1605 said:

Other M.

Does it even matter?

It matter a LOT.

#17 Posted by Seabas989 (9950 posts) -

@Seabas989 said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@charizard1605 said:

Other M.

Does it even matter?

It matter a LOT.

LOL

#18 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@Jakandsigz said:

@Seabas989 said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@charizard1605 said:

Other M.

Does it even matter?

It matter a LOT.

LOL

You say lol but you would be surprised at the difference of bad between the two versions and cut features. Well, mostly cosmetic featuresc but noticeable.

Not that I am sure which of compared to other m is worse, but with the two versions of Sonic 06 ps3 version borders on impossible on some areas, and had a lot more issues, with 2 months of extra dev time..

#19 Posted by m_machine024 (14843 posts) -

I'm not sure why those 2 games are even being compared. :/

Didn't play Sonic 06 yet but I saw gameplay vids and it's clearly an unfinished game.

Other M was really fun.

#20 Edited by Demonjoe93 (9408 posts) -

This is a horrible comparison. Not only because of these two games being of completely different genres, but also because of how bad of a game Sonic 06' was.

And who are the people who voted for Sonic? Please tell me you people did that as a joke response to this thread.

#21 Posted by chocolate1325 (32368 posts) -

Horrible comparison at least Other M is playable unlike that disgrace of a game called Sonic 2006.

#22 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2536 posts) -

Metroid Other M's biggest mistake was choosing to control the game with the Wiimote's tiny ass D-Pad instead of letting you use the joystick. I think the game would have been a lot better had it used this control scheme.

#23 Edited by good_sk8er7 (4320 posts) -

Sonic 06 is just trash. The game sucked, and not just because of the performance. It was a straight shit game.

Haven't played Other M yet, but plan on picking it up eventually. I think it looks pretty cool.

#24 Posted by zeroyaoi (1826 posts) -

Other M is actually great.

#25 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24250 posts) -

Other M isn't a broken mess.

#26 Posted by PsychoLemons (1913 posts) -

Yeah, now I'm questioning on those who voted for Sonic 06 as a better game.

#27 Posted by jg4xchamp (46629 posts) -

Other M had good boss fights, and a solid combat system(sans the iffy controls)

Sonic sucks on the premise that he's sonic.

Not much of an argument.

#28 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

This is a horrible comparison. Not only because of these two games being of completely different genres, but also because of how bad of a game Sonic 06' was.

And who are the people who voted for Sonic? Please tell me you people did that as a joke response to this thread.

You really should go use google to look at forums so you can see the huge defense force for the Xbox 360 version.

#29 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (6179 posts) -

Sonic 06 of course.

#30 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3227 posts) -

Smh at the people that voted Sonic.

#31 Edited by YearoftheSnake5 (6860 posts) -

Both games are abominations, but if I HAD to choose between them, I'd pick Other M. At minimum, it doesn't have the long and frequent loading screens that plague Sonic 06.

#32 Posted by Desmonic (12667 posts) -

Oh I don't know... which is better?

A fully functional and good game (Metroid Other M) or a broken and barely functioning beta of a terrible game (Sonic 06)? Though choice TC, though choice....

/sarcasm

#33 Posted by Desmonic (12667 posts) -