Which games you grew up playing? (mention system and year)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Started gaming from 2005 on PC and PS 2. Played mostly shooters, got into rpg's in last 5 years lol. Have fondest memories of ( Still replay em for nostalgia ) :

GTA 3,Vice City, San Andreas.

Serious Sam 1st and 2nd Encounter, Next encounter

Max Payne 1 and 2

Medal of Honour Frontline, Allied Assault + expansions, Pacific Assault

Call of Duty

Delta Force Black Hawk Down/Team Sabre

Soldier of Fortune 1 and 2 : Double Helix

No One Lives Forever 1, 2, Contract Jack

007 Nightfire

007 Everything or Nothing

God of War 1 and 2

Timesplitters Trilogy

Resident Evil 4

Doom 3

Farcry

Half Life 1 and 2

Need For Speed Underground 1 and 2

Road Rash

Need For Speed Most Wanted Black Edition

Burnout 3:Takedown

ETC.

wbu warriors? :)

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Man, I've been gaming for 28 years lol. No way I can list all the games I grew up on.

Guess I can get into the early stuff though.

I started gaming in 86 on my older bro's Atari 2600. Never enjoyed it that much tbh, it was more of a time killer than anything else. At that time arcades were the main attraction to me.

Eventually my parents got us a NES. That's when I truly started to enjoy gaming. I played so many NES titles and spent a lot of time at the arcades of course. I guess some of the games that really stuck out to me were..

• Super Mario Bros. 1, 2 and especially 3.
  • Double Dragon 1, 2 and 3 (mainly 2).
  • Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2, never cared for 3 that much.
  • The Legend of Zelda.
  • MIKE TYSONS FUCKING PUNCH OUT. I loved that game so much, still enjoyable today.
  • Contra
  • Castlevania 1, 2 and 3
  • Battletoads.
  • Blaster Master.
  • Excite Bike (game sucks, but it seemed cool back then)
  • Battle of Olympus
  • Street Fighter 2010
  • Batman
  • Tetris
  • Legacy of the Wizard

And really a **** ton of other cool games, those are the ones that stand out the most.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#3  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

I've played way too much shit to list all of it, I'm gonna try and get all the important stuff down here, but I am almost positive I will miss something.

This is all early days of gaming for me, btw. Let's go:

• Super Mario Bros.
  • Excitebike
  • Street Fighter
  • Mortal Kombat
  • Tetris
  • Dr. Mario
  • Road Rash 95
  • Need for Speed II, Need for Speed III, Need for Speed Porsche Unleashed, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2, Need for Speed Underground
  • Midtown Madness, Midtown Madness 2, Monster Truck Madness
  • Zoo Tycoon
  • Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Roller Coaster Tycoon 3
  • SimCity 3000
  • The Sims, The Sims 2
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
  • Age of Empires, Age of Empires: Rise of Rome, Age of Empires II: Age of Kings, Age of Empires II: The Conquerors
  • Age of Mythology
  • Rise of Nations
  • Counter Strike
  • Warcraft (I don't remember exactly which one...)
  • Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal/Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/FireRed/LeafGreen
  • Golden Sun/Golden Sun 2
  • Mario Kart
  • Advance Wars, Advance Wars 2
  • Final Fantasy IV, V, VI
  • Unreal Tournament
  • Burnout 3: Takedown

Wow, I used to be way into racers.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

Atari 2600 (1987)

can't remember the names of those games had only a few

commodore 64 (1989-91)

gi joe, International karate+ kung fu master, bruce lee, way of the exploding fist; giana sisters, r-type, tanks, california games, pitstop II, skate or die, stunt car racer, rainbox islands 2, ghost n goblins

amiga 1000 (1991-93)

, double dragon (i had it on the c64, but it was so bad that i don't want to mention it lol), dragon ninja, ninja warriors. turrican, silent service, pinball dreams, shadow warrior chuck rock.

I could go on all day but i won't. I had a genesis and snes too and after that dozens of pc's , an xbox360 but i never had a playstation lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Super mario, road rash, age of empires 1 and 2 with expansions, Duke 3d, doom 1 and 2, para, pacman, King of fighter, callidac and the dinosaurs, Street Fighter etc. And then an eight years gap from gaming.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

I started gaming on PC, NES, SNES and Sega Genesis. I remember first playing Magic Carpet, Mario, and Street Fighter II.

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#7  Edited By gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

Started gaming in 1988 on Amiga 2000 and NES. Super Mario Bros on NES and Defender of the Crown on Amiga 2000 were the games that ignited the eternal flame for me. Some more games I loved playing in the early years:

NES:

Duck Hunt, Chip n Dale, Contra, Dr. Mario, North vs South, Double Dragon II, DuckTales, Ninja Gaiden, Tecmo Super Bowl, River City Ransom, TMNT, Excite Bike.

Amiga 2000:

Rescue: The Embassy, Operation Wolf, Stunt Racer, Bubble Ghost, Sidewinder, Earl Weaver Baseball, Where in the World is Carmen San Diego.

Major nostalgia rush. I gotta lay down a bit to cope with my sadness.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

Mostly spread my gaming wings on the NES, and I could go on forever about all I played on that over the years.

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By ominous_titan
Member since 2009 • 1217 Posts

Bout 87 I had a sega master system an NES and a vectrex

Zillion 2

Super wonder boy

R type

Kenseiden a lot of it.

Mike tyson

Pro wrestling, there was an arcade version also

Double dragon

Zelda

Final fantasy 1+2

Mario games

Excite bike

ghouls n ghosts

Phantasy star

A 3d Star trek, hunting Romulans and Klingons thru deep space, was 3d but the vectrex was black and white.

So many good memories

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@SOedipus said:

Street Fighter II.

Man, how could I forget Street Fighter 2? That was one of the huge games of my childhood. Played the hell out of it in the arcade and owned multiple versions between the SNES and Genesis.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#11 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:
@SOedipus said:

Street Fighter II.

Man, how could I forget Street Fighter 2? That was one of the huge games of my childhood. Played the hell out of it in the arcade and owned multiple versions between the SNES and Genesis.

Damn, I forgot SF and Mortal Kombat too...

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

SNES. We owned a handful of fantastic games (Super Mario World, Super Mario kart, Zelda A Link to the Past, Street Fighter 2, mortal kombat, bomberman, Sim city, super probotector aka Contra, and super castlevania iv) and rented lots more. A glorious console

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 indzman

@Gamerno6666 said:

Super mario, road rash, age of empires 1 and 2 with expansions, Duke 3d, doom 1 and 2, para, pacman, King of fighter, callidac and the dinosaurs, Street Fighter etc. And then an eight years gap from gaming.

Haven't seen you around like in ages, where have you been ? :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5ebea105efb64

@indzman said:
@Gamerno6666 said:

jerb. night shift. zzzzzzzzzzzz :(

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34600 Posts

I was born 1988, family bought a NES 1989, and in 1990 I was old enough to start playing Super Mario Bros. 3. Been gaming ever since.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 indzman

@Gamerno6666 said:
@indzman said:
@Gamerno6666 said:

I understand :( Do you work in a call centre BTW? :)

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17  Edited By yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

As a younger kid I grew up with Megaman 3, all three Super Mario Bros. games for the NES, Tetris, Super Mario Land, and Kirby's Dreamland. NES and Gameboy were my jams back in the day. I also played DKC and Super Mario World for the SNES. As a teen I was all about Pokemon, Halo, Super Smash Bros., Pikmin, and FFX.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

I started gaming in 1975, It would take me days to compile a list of games for this thread.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 davem1992
Member since 2009 • 4068 Posts

I was born in 1992 and my earliest known memory of game was when I was around 3 years old (1995) playing Sonic The Hedgehog 1, 2 and Knuckles on my Mega Drive. I would also play my games on my dads PC such as Tomb Raider (screw CD), Grim Fandango and Sonic R, I then got a SEGA Saturn around 1998 but only recall Sonic Jam, R (was bundled with it) and 3D Blast; a week later the Saturn broke and my dad had to replace it with an N64.

After that I became a Nintendo kid who grew to love the usual Nintendo mascots but Banjo Kazooie and Tooie still remain my all time fav games; I played OOT, Majora, Super Mario 64, Banjo, Mario Kart 64, Diddy Kong Racing, Mario Party, Jet Force Gemini, Pokémon Stadiums (can't recall others), my neighbour had a PS1 so I'd go over and play Crash, Spyro, Gex, Final Fantasy, Rayman 1 and PaRappa after that I got a SEGA Dreamcast and played the usual Sonic games (bar Shuffle cause **** Shuffle), Power Stone, Grandia 2, Street Fighter III, Soul Calibur etc. Then I got a GameCube and the usual games, Wind Waker, Sunshine, Metroid Prime, Smash Bros Melee, Mario Kart DD, Pikmin, Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2 and more.

Anyway this went on ALOT longer than intended, after that I got a PS2 but I never really grew up with it and systems afterwards.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I started when I was 5 years old playing on my dad's Comm 64. I'm 34 years old now and there is no way I can name every game I enjoyed. Here are some favorites from a few though...

NES: Mario 3, Double Dragon, Battletoads, Ninja Turtles 1,2,3, Ducktails, Micro Machines

SNES: Mario World, Donkey Kong Country

Genesis: Sonic series, Jurassic Park, Judge Dredd, NBA Jam, Comix Zone

PS1: Resident Evil series, Tomb Raider series, Twisted Metal 2, Destruction Derby, Oddworld

Dreamcast: Shenmue series, Ecco, Crazy Taxi, Jet Set Radio, Sonic Adventure

PS2: ICO, RE4, RE Outbreak, God of War 1,2, Prince of Persia series

Gamecube: My Zelda machine, RE Remake, Smash Bros

That's as far back as I'm willing to go.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38034 Posts

Started gaming on a Pong console in the late 1970s. Don't know which one, but I had to beg to get in on the fun with my older brothers.

We didn't have much money but we had family with more so hand me downs were a thing. We got an Atari 2600 at some point in the early 1980s. I remember Combat, Pac Man, Empire Strikes Back.

My friend in got the Colecovision in 1983 and we ruled at Burger Time. The land was happy. Christmas 1983 I received a Donkey Kong handheld that looked like an Arcade cabinet and an electronic football game.

1985 the NES took over our lives in America. My family had no money for it.

My oldest brother got into the union and started making money in 1986 and bought me a Sega Master System. I loved it instantly. And my love for the "not popular" or underdog was born. I played The Ninja, Out Run, Kenseiden, Black Belt, Choplifter, Miracle Warriors, Rambo, Zillion and Zillion 2.

I bought my first console myself in 1990, the Sega Genesis. I was big into Batman and Batman returns, Spiderman, Techno Cop, but it was here that my love of sports video games was born. I was always athletic so it was a natural fit. Lakers vs Celtics and the NBA playoffs and John Madden Football. But the king landed that November. NHL hockey. Game over. I was a yearly Madden and NHL buyer.

Moved onto the Sega Saturn and enjoyed Guardian Heroes and NHL 1997 but was lacking. I got a PS. And jumped into RE and Nightmare Creatures as well as my sports games. Medal of Honor games grabbed me also. It was around then that I tried FF7 and was so disappointed by it. I had to stand there and let my enemy have a chance to hit me? WTF is this shit? It goes against every instinct and fiber in my being. It was the first of many attempts to try to like theses games and nope, they suck weiner. MGS was awesome.

Moved to PS2 with Oni, MGS2 MoH Frontline and Rising Sun. After 2 years m PS2 broke down. See you young ones may not remember, but electronics only had 90 day or 6 month warranties back then. I bought another and this one lasted like 4-5 months. Sony CS were real cunts on the phone and my buddy Nelson suggested an Xbox. So I got one the next day with Halo CE. Love. Not only for the box and game, but there was that little kid in me who liked the underdog, and the thing that wasn't what everyone else liked again. So KOTOR, and 2, Halo 2, Morrowwind, Ninja Gaiden, Jade Empire, Fable amongst others took hold. I got a used PS2 eventually for MGS3 and GoW 1&2.

Xbox 360 in early 2006 and GRAW with it. Played great titles and bought a PS3 before MGS4 which I still have. BC fat one. Got another 250 gig PS3 for all my digital purchases. Had one RROD and had it repaired free. Never had that with my second DRE PS2 I thought.

Got an Xbox one in late Feb 2014, a gaming rig built by a friend in May 2014, and a PS4 in fall 2014.

(had a Wii while living with a woman in like 2007; a WiiU in Nov 2012-June 2013; PSP on launch; PSVita on launch; 3DS July 2011) I didn't list games for gen 7 and 8 because I still play them and talk about them here.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5ebea105efb64

@indzman said:
@Gamerno6666 said:
@indzman said:
@Gamerno6666 said:

Nope. I am a jr android developer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d68555a05c4b
deactivated-5d68555a05c4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5d68555a05c4b
Member since 2015 • 1024 Posts

I most remember playing Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask on N64 the most, oh and that pod racer game on the n64 as well

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#24 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

Warcraft 3, Starcraft, LoZ Wind Waker, Mario Kart Double Dash, Crash Bandicoot, Super Mario World gb, Pokemon (I mean are there any millennials who DIDN'T grow up on pokemon?).

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By indzman

@Gamerno6666 said:
@indzman said:
@Gamerno6666 said:
@indzman said:
@Gamerno6666 said:

Nope. I am a jr android developer.

Awesome proffession, hope you get used to your night shits :)

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 indzman

@cainetao11 said:

Started gaming on a Pong console in the late 1970s. Don't know which one, but I had to beg to get in on the fun with my older brothers.

We didn't have much money but we had family with more so hand me downs were a thing. We got an Atari 2600 at some point in the early 1980s. I remember Combat, Pac Man, Empire Strikes Back.

My friend in got the Colecovision in 1983 and we ruled at Burger Time. The land was happy. Christmas 1983 I received a Donkey Kong handheld that looked like an Arcade cabinet and an electronic football game.

1985 the NES took over our lives in America. My family had no money for it.

My oldest brother got into the union and started making money in 1986 and bought me a Sega Master System. I loved it instantly. And my love for the "not popular" or underdog was born. I played The Ninja, Out Run, Kenseiden, Black Belt, Choplifter, Miracle Warriors, Rambo, Zillion and Zillion 2.

I bought my first console myself in 1990, the Sega Genesis. I was big into Batman and Batman returns, Spiderman, Techno Cop, but it was here that my love of sports video games was born. I was always athletic so it was a natural fit. Lakers vs Celtics and the NBA playoffs and John Madden Football. But the king landed that November. NHL hockey. Game over. I was a yearly Madden and NHL buyer.

Moved onto the Sega Saturn and enjoyed Guardian Heroes and NHL 1997 but was lacking. I got a PS. And jumped into RE and Nightmare Creatures as well as my sports games. Medal of Honor games grabbed me also. It was around then that I tried FF7 and was so disappointed by it. I had to stand there and let my enemy have a chance to hit me? WTF is this shit? It goes against every instinct and fiber in my being. It was the first of many attempts to try to like theses games and nope, they suck weiner. MGS was awesome.

Moved to PS2 with Oni, MGS2 MoH Frontline and Rising Sun. After 2 years m PS2 broke down. See you young ones may not remember, but electronics only had 90 day or 6 month warranties back then. I bought another and this one lasted like 4-5 months. Sony CS were real cunts on the phone and my buddy Nelson suggested an Xbox. So I got one the next day with Halo CE. Love. Not only for the box and game, but there was that little kid in me who liked the underdog, and the thing that wasn't what everyone else liked again. So KOTOR, and 2, Halo 2, Morrowwind, Ninja Gaiden, Jade Empire, Fable amongst others took hold. I got a used PS2 eventually for MGS3 and GoW 1&2.

Xbox 360 in early 2006 and GRAW with it. Played great titles and bought a PS3 before MGS4 which I still have. BC fat one. Got another 250 gig PS3 for all my digital purchases. Had one RROD and had it repaired free. Never had that with my second DRE PS2 I thought.

Got an Xbox one in late Feb 2014, a gaming rig built by a friend in May 2014, and a PS4 in fall 2014.

(had a Wii while living with a woman in like 2007; a WiiU in Nov 2012-June 2013; PSP on launch; PSVita on launch; 3DS July 2011) I didn't list games for gen 7 and 8 because I still play them and talk about them here.

WOW seems you played on almost every system available till date, lucky you :)

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#27 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38034 Posts

@indzman: I've been at this a long time. Been fun too.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#28 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

Been playing I think since 1979/80.Atari 2600/Gemini.I would be here for hours trying to name games I've played when I first started.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

I think 94 or 95 and the only Thing i had was my uncle's SNES with Sunset Riders , then in 99 i got a PS1 and started playing everything.

Games:

Sunset Riders

Tekken 3

Crash 2 , 3 , Racing

Persona 2

Final Fantasy 9

Star Ocean 2

Wild Arms

Spider man

Quake 2

Half Life

Resident Evil 3

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#30 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5247 Posts

I was born in 1975 and have been playing on and off video games since 1982. My first system I owned was the Atari 2600 in 1983 and played games like Donkey Kong, E.T., Pacman, and a assortment of games which I now forgotten.

After my 2600 broke, I moved on to the Atari 5200 in 1984 and played games like Popeye, Frogger, Q-bert, Pole Position, and Joust.

I eventually lost interest in the 5200 and stopped playing video games for several months until I learned about the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) which resparked my interest. My father bought one around 1986 and the first game I played was Duck Hunt. In the years that I owned a NES I have played Super Mario Bros., Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Gyromite, Rygar, Dragon Warrior (Quest), Final Fantasy, Icari Warriors, etc.

In the early 1990s, I moved on to the SNES and played Super Mario World, Mario Paint, Final Fantasy II, Street Fighter, Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past, Sim City, etc.

In the late 1990s, I started to play PC games like Doom and Doom II. I also played the earlier Heroes of Might and Magic games. I skipped the Nintendo 64 because I did not like the polygon graphics at the time and still do.

I returned to home console gaming in 2001 when I purchased my first game system, the GameCube. I played games like Luigi's Mansion, Sonic Adventure 2, Super Mario Sunshine, and Super Smash Bros. Melee.

I moved on with the Wii in 2007 and played Super Paper Mario, Wii Sports, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy II, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Kirby Yarn, etc.

I bought my first handheld, the Nintendo DS Lite in 2006 and played games like New Super Mario Bros., Sonic Rush, etc. Then I moved on to the DSi and played Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks and Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story.

My current home console is the Wii U and have been in ownership of it since launch. The games I played on it are Pikmin 3, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, New Super Mario Bros. U, New Super Luigi U, Super Mario 3D World, etc.

My current handheld is the New 3DS XL and have played 3DS games in the likeness of Kid Icarus: Uprising, Super Mario 3D Land, New Super Mario Bros. 2, Pushimo, all the NES and GBA Ambassador games, and Super Smash Bros. for 3DS.

I am currently excited over the NX and wanted to learn more about it next year.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#31  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

I started gaming in 87 on a ZX Spectrum 128k. Then got a Nes, Master System, Amiga 500, Megadrive + MegaCD + 32X, Snes, PC, Playstation, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox, and so on.

I played hundreds of games in those systems. Some favourites that come to my mind: Super Mario bros 3, Sonic 2, Streets of Rage 2, Street Fighter 2, Kid Chameleon, The Story of Thor, Another World, Super Castlevania 4, The Secret of Monkey Island 1 and 2, Doom, Super Mario 64, The Settlers 2, Heroes of Might and Magic 3, Warcraft 2, Starcraft, Resident Evil Code Veronica,Halo CE, GTA San Andreas, etc, etc

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#32 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

It was either 91 or 92. The NES console was my first, but I really got into gaming with the Genesis.

• Super Mario Bros. 1-3
  • Duck Hunt
  • Sonic 1-3
  • Mortal Kombat 2
  • Joe Montana Football
  • X-Men
  • X-Men Clone Wars 2
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade

I remember the first 3 PS1 games I had was Gameday, Crash, and Resident Evil.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

Born in 1990

Mega-Drive (I played on my friends before I got a console)

• Sonic series
  • Gunstar Heroes
  • Streets of Rage series

Sega Saturn (My first console - 1996 I think)

• Resident Evil
  • Sonic Jam
  • Sonic R
  • Magic Carpet
  • Loaded

My first PC (1997)

• Doom
  • Doom 2
  • Shadow Warrior
  • Duke Nukem 3D
  • Mass Destruction
  • Little Big Adventure 2
  • Total Annihalation + Kingdoms
  • Theme Hospital
  • Redneck Rampage
  • Resident Evil 2
Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Started with SNES, was friends with this asian kid in like 1st grade named hailey and we'd always spend time at his house because he owned both a Genesiis and Super Nintendo. Played starfox for the first time and was pretty blown away. Received a Snes from my parents for christmas because I wouldn't shut up about the thing and that was the start of my love affair with gaming. Yoshi's Island is still my favorite platformer of all time.

Then I got a ps1, followed by the n64. N64 had some classics no doubt but PS1 was easily my favorite. I loved receiving demo disks from all the different magazines I subscribed to, sometimes they'd have awesome import games on them that would never see the light of day in the states, first played metal gear solid and was floored by how advanced it was to everything else at that time, fell in love with the characters and story to the point I went as Snake for Halloween, I had a little kevlar vest, knee pads, the bandana, it was a pretty good imitation, barely anyone knew who the hell I was that year. I also bought Symphony of the night at a pawnshop and didn't end up playing it til like 6 years later, I was kicking myself over that one.

Then there was pc, Halflife mods like sven coop and counterstrike, that's pretty much all I played. Classic CS was and still is my absolute favorite multiplyer game. Team fortress classic was pretty good too but CS was where it was at. Diablo 2, starsiege tribes, all amazing games.

Ps2, just an absolute beast.

Gamecube, another great console loved metroid prime and was and still am a fan of Mario Sunshine. Windwaker was solid despite really getting lame towards the end.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

started gaming 1987. Had a famicom before i migrated to america. had a genesis then the playstation. I didnt game all that much until thps1 and cs. after hs is when i started my real journey in to gaming. below are the games of note that i have enjoyed throughout my gaming life

All time favorite games

1. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2- Sith Lords (Xbox/pc)

2. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare( multi-plat)

3. Shining Force (Genesis)

4. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Xbox/pc)

5. Counter Strike pre 1.6 (pc)

6. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (ps2)

7. Final Fantasy X (ps2)

8. Mass Effect 2 (multi plat)

9. Suikoden ( ps1)

10. Tony Hawk Pro Skater (ps1)

11. Age of Empires 2: Age of Kings (pc)

12. Gran Turismo (ps1)

13. Tekken 2 (ps1)

14. Command And Conquer (pc)

15. Dragon Age: Origins (multi plat)

16. God of War (ps2)

17. The Last of Us (ps3)

18. Final Fantasy 7 (ps1)

19. Royal Rumble (Snes)

20. Pokemon: Yellow Version (gbc)

21. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: the arcade game (arcade/nes)

22. Battle City (Nes)

23. Assassins Creed 2 (multi plat)

24. Borderlands (multi plat)

25. Streets Of Rage 2 (genesis)

26. God Of War 3 (ps3)

27. Call of Duty (pc)

28. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (ps3)

29. Excite Bike (nes)

30. Kingdom Hearts (ps2)

31. Super Mario Bro. 3 (Nes)

32. Skate (ps3/xbox 360)

33. Shining Force 2 (genesis)

34. Assasins Creed (multi plat)

35. Batman: Arkham Asylum (multi plat)

36. Gran Turismo 3: A spec (ps2)

37. Killer Instinct (Snes)

38. Prince of Persia: sands of time (multi plat)

39. Batman: Arkham City (multi plat)

40. X-men (Genesis)

41. Street fighter 2 (multi plat)

42. Red Dead Redemption (multi plat)

43. Resident Evil (ps1)

44. Top Gear (Snes)

45. Journey (psn)

46. Legend of Kage (Nes)

47. Super Mario RPG (Snes)

48. Mass Effect 3 (multi plat)

49. Tetris (Gb)

50. Fight Night 2004 (multi plat)

51. Super Mario Bro. (Nes)

52. Dragon age : Inquisition (multi plat)

53. Jade Empire (xbox/pc)

54. MVP Baseball 2005 (multi plat)

55. Tekken 4 (ps2)

56. Gran Turismo 5 ( ps2)

57. Heavy Rain (Ps3)

58. Portal (Multi plat)

59. Destiny (multi plat)

60. NFL Football 94 Starring Joe Montana (Genesis)

61. Mortal Kombat 2 (multi plat)

62. Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 (multi plat)

63. Lost Odyssey (xbox360)

64. Paper Mario 2: Thousand Year Door (gc)

65. Walking dead:telltale series (Multiplat)

66. Devil May Cry (ps2)

67. Popeye (Nes)

68. Left 4 Dead (xbox 360/pc)

69. Bully (ps2)

70. MLB 13: The Show

71. Mass Effect (multi plat)

72. Marc Ecko’s Getting up: Contents Under Pressure (xbox/ps2)

73. Bushido Blade (ps1)

74. Tokyo Highway Battle (ps1)

75. Nba Live 95 (multi plat)

76. Warcraft 3 (pc)

77. Bioshock (multi plat)

78. Tomb Raider (multi plat)

79. L.A. Noire (multi plat)

80. Madden 05 (multi plat)

81. Nba 2k11 (multiplat)

82. James Bond 007: Golden Eye (n64)

83. Burnout 3: Takedown (Multi Plat)

84. Star Wars: The Old Republic (pc)

85. World Series Baseball (genesis)

86. Top Spin (Xbox)

87. Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Which (Ps3)

88. Infamous : Second Son (ps4)

89. Assassins creed 4:black flag (multi plat)

90. Sports Talk Baseball (genesis)

91. Resogun (ps4)

92. Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven (ps2)

93. Dante’s Inferno (Multi plat)

94. Naruto Shippuden: Ninja Storm Generations (Multiplat)

Yams1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#36  Edited By Yams1980
Member since 2006 • 2862 Posts

first system i had for gaming when i was really young was an Atari 130xe, it could play cartridge format or floppy discs. So i guess that'd be around 1986 or 1987 or so. It had games like Gauntlet, Dig Dug, Frogger. Then later on NES and SNES.

My first real PC would have been 1991 when i got a 386sx 25mhz pc, first game ever on it was Ultima 7, one of the best rpgs of its time. But i guess you could call the Atari a pc also, it was a pc/console hybrid that could do it all.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#37 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I started playing handheld games in the early 80's and then from there my parents bought me a ZX Spectrum 48K and then I had a sega Saturn and a Sega Mega Drive.

Then I had a PS2, Gamecube, and an Xbox.

Then I had a PS3 and a 360

Now I own an Xbox One.

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#38  Edited By deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

My early games included Commander Keen, Duke Nukem, the Secret of Monkey Island, and Prince of Persia. I also played things like Road Rash, Mortal Kombat, ToeJam & Earl, and Mario at friend's and relative's houses.

I also enjoyed a fine game called "Stunts", a game partially designed by someone named "Don Mattrick" of DSI Software...thankfully, "always online drm" wasn't possible at that point.

Graphics Settings were unheard of. This, however, was normal. I was so excited when I got my first Sound Blaster - no more PC beeps for me!

Loading Video...

Then, in 1993, I was assaulted by too many good games.

Wing Commander: Privateer, Doom, and Master of Orion. What a great year!

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#39 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

I must have been 8 or 9 years when I played my first video game in one of these, you figure out the rest.

DrSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DrSpoon
Member since 2015 • 628 Posts

Shalln't list all the games I enjoyed/ played and I may have got some of the start dates wrong but here goes...

Atari 2600 - (~1988) Frogger, Centipede

NES (~1989) - Super Mario Bros, Faxanadu, SMB3

SNES (~1993) - Link to the Past, Mario Kart, ISS, Donkey Kong

PC (~1995) - Jedi Knight, Star Trek BOTF

GameCube (~2002) - WindWaker, Metroid, ZeldaTP, Eternal Darkness, Resi 4, Tales of Symphonia, Animal Crossing

PS2 (~2003) - Metal Gear, God Of War, Okami,

DreamCast (2003) - Sonic, Shenmue

Wii (~2006) - Mario Kart, Mario Galaxy,

PS3 (~2007) - TLOU, Assassins Creed, Heavy Rain,

and now PS4 (have also played a tonne of my friends XBox 360)