Which game has better graphics? (Artistic, Cartoon)

Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2133 posts) 4 months, 14 days ago

Poll: Which game has better graphics? (Artistic, Cartoon) (62 votes)

Borderlands 2 13%
Super Mario 3D World 32%
Prince of Persia 11%
Mirror's Edge 19%
Journey 24%

Borderlands 2

Super Mario 3D World

Prince of Persia

Mirror Edge

Journey

Very different games, but they all are cartoony games. Which game has best art style?

#1 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4118 posts) -

You literally just made this thread.

#2 Edited by freedomfreak (39211 posts) -

That level of Mario had the worst pop-in I have ever seen in a video game.

#3 Posted by Cloud_imperium (2570 posts) -

Borderlands 2 .

Mirror's Edge comes 2nd and it also looks great but I voted for Borderlands 2 because areas are very open and nVIDIA PhsyX effects in that game are more advanced than Mirror's Edge . Really adds a lot to gameplay , makes it feel more immersive .

#4 Posted by blangenakker (2228 posts) -

I have a soft spot for Mirrors Edge's graphics, they look very soft and the use of bloom and colours really makes everything pop.

Great use of the Frostbite Engine 1.5

#5 Posted by MonsieurX (29553 posts) -

Super Mario 3D World,by far

Undercover thread trying to bash Wii U's graphics?

#6 Posted by gago-gago (9354 posts) -

Sunset Overdrive

#7 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26277 posts) -

Super Mario 3D World,by far

Undercover thread trying to bash Wii U's graphics?

Seems that way.

#8 Posted by bobbetybob (19183 posts) -

Just going to keep voting Mario because you're an idiot.

#9 Posted by MonsieurX (29553 posts) -
#10 Edited by LadyBlue (3927 posts) -

Prince of Persia still looks amazing. Glad I got the CE.

#11 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22424 posts) -

Nice job chosing the worst possible screen of mario. Totally doesn't blow your cover bruh

#12 Edited by Weird_Jerk (578 posts) -

@blangenakker: Mirror's Edge (the first one) used Unreal Engine 3 :P

But I agree; Mirror's Edge has one of my favorite art styles in gaming. However, I didn't really vote because, though all the games share a "cartoon" art style, they are all incredibly different.

#13 Edited by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

Journey. Lovely little game.

#14 Edited by SuddenlyTragic (735 posts) -

Stop making threads.

#15 Posted by lostrib (34612 posts) -

Mirrors Edge maxed out is pretty gorgeous

...I might need to reinstall that game

#16 Edited by faizanhd (189 posts) -

Ya'll need more Prince Of Persia in your lives.

#17 Posted by blamix (192 posts) -

Mario

#18 Posted by happyduds77 (1449 posts) -

That's a tough one. All look extremely pleasing to the eye.

I can't choose.

#19 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3898 posts) -

holy hell prince of persia looks amazing, love that art style. will buy when it goes on sale just for graphics

#20 Posted by smitherton4 (66 posts) -

Artistically I prefer Super Mario World.

#21 Edited by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

I haven't played it but that Prince of Persia game looks nice. Journey is also a beautiful game.

#22 Edited by blackace (20289 posts) -

It's really a matter of taste. None of them are bad, it just that some will like one form better then the others. I'm more akin to Borderland 2 and Super Mario 3D World's cartoony type graphics. Probably why I like all those crazy Japanese JRPG's like Ni No Kuni, Tales of Vesperia & Bravely Deafult. I would still play more realistic graphical games like Gears of War, Heavy Rain & Infamous SS.

#23 Edited by WallofTruth (1548 posts) -

I have a soft spot for Mirrors Edge's graphics, they look very soft and the use of bloom and colours really makes everything pop.

Great use of the Frostbite Engine 1.5

Mirrors Edge uses Unreal Engine 3, I know that for a fact because I've made custom levels for it using the Unreal editor.

#24 Edited by LadyBlue (3927 posts) -

holy hell prince of persia looks amazing, love that art style. will buy when it goes on sale just for graphics

No one should miss out on that game. Shame on you for waiting this long. http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/shared/emoticons/razz.gif

#25 Edited by MonsieurX (29553 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife abandoned his threads after the huge backfire in the polls :(

#26 Posted by uninspiredcup (7861 posts) -

Thread doesn't make sense. :/

#27 Edited by MonsieurX (29553 posts) -

Thread doesn't make sense. :/

Neither do yours. :\

#28 Edited by PAL360 (26726 posts) -

I love Mario games art direction. So those.

#29 Edited by MirkoS77 (7168 posts) -

Out of the choices, Journey. Though I do think PoP: The Sands of Time has some really beautiful technical execution as well as artstyle and would love to see an update/remake (possibly using the AC engine) rerelease.

#30 Edited by FreedomFreeLife (2133 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife abandoned his threads after the huge backfire in the polls :(

Nope.

Nintendo gamers has played only 1 game, so they vote Mario automaticly without looking even question.

PS, XBOX and PC owners has 5 games to select, and they split all votes beetween each game. if i puted few nintendo exclusives, then votes would be split and Mario would lost poll. Simple.

#31 Posted by MonsieurX (29553 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife: What a clown you are. Still backpedalling trying to DC your failed polls

So much lolz

#32 Edited by FreedomFreeLife (2133 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife: What a clown you are. Still backpedalling trying to DC your failed polls

So much lolz

non split votes vs split votes. Make your math. Go create company like me, and we will see who is right and who is wrong.

#33 Edited by YearoftheSnake5 (7213 posts) -

You have a bad habit of picking really terrible screenshots.

#34 Edited by foxhound_fox (87725 posts) -

So are we talking about artstyle or the actual fidelity of the graphics? Mirror's Edge has the greatest fidelity, but I prefer Prince of Persia's style the most.

#35 Edited by TheTruthIsREAL (759 posts) -

Mario World 3D. Looks great

#36 Posted by Shadowchronicle (25977 posts) -

Where's Okami?

#37 Posted by MonsieurX (29553 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

So much lolz

non split votes vs split votes. Make your math. Go create company like me, and we will see who is right and who is wrong.

lolwat,how's this any relevant?

Anyway, YOU made the poll choices

#38 Posted by sukraj (22161 posts) -
#39 Edited by TheGuardian03 (21560 posts) -

Funny how a last gen game looks better than 3D world, the ground texture and character models and well everything in 3D world looks ps3/360 level .Nintendo has a way of making their first party games look very appealing though and that's why i'm okay with Wii U's graphical capabilities.

#40 Edited by AznbkdX (3120 posts) -

Honestly there is probably no reason for me to even blurt out what my answer is for this question haha.

Mirrors Edge OF COURSE! Nah... but it's probably my second choice tbh. They all look great though.

Man, I want them to show a Mirrors Edge 2... anything developing on that? Rumors?

#41 Posted by thehig1 (1401 posts) -

poll wont let me vote, gamespot complains theres some sort of problem.

However its Borderlands 2, only reason you wouldn't vote it is if you haven't played it. Although I'm not a massive fan of the game didn't play it anymore than 3 hours.

#42 Posted by MlauTheDaft (3402 posts) -

This thread won't go anywhere.

People are voting on entirely different merits and the OP even encourages this - (artistic/cartoon whatever that's supposed to really mean).