which Elder scrolls oblivion is best ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

delol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 delol
Member since 2005 • 8793 Posts
I am now playing it in the PS3 and have play it in the 360 a year ago and quite frankly i can´t find any big difference
braydee1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 braydee1234
Member since 2004 • 2937 Posts
360 is the highest score, bot mainly due to being out a year before.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
I think the PS3 version ended up being better than the 360 version, but I don't actually know.
SergeantSnitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SergeantSnitch
Member since 2007 • 3692 Posts

I am now playing it in the PS3 and have play it in the 360 a year ago and quite frankly i can´t find any big differencedelol

There isn't really a big difference.  The PS3 version has a further draw distance, faster loading times, and some graphical tweaks here and there.  

2FacedJanus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 2FacedJanus
Member since 2004 • 8236 Posts
PC, mods
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
PC, mods2FacedJanus
Win.
Broman6015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Broman6015
Member since 2007 • 1381 Posts
PC, mods2FacedJanus
Metroid_Time

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Metroid_Time
Member since 2006 • 2225 Posts
All versions of the game are poor compared to morrowind except for the PC version with Qarl's texture pack and Obscuro's Oblivion Overhaul so everything doesnt level with you.
DireToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DireToad
Member since 2006 • 3948 Posts
PC, mods2FacedJanus
Chaos_HL21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Chaos_HL21
Member since 2003 • 5288 Posts
The 360 and PS3 Oblivions may look than my PC (right now); the PC has mods (also when I got Knights of the Nine it had all the offical plug ins). But the Free mods are a huge plus, some of the new weapons is cool (like the Dragon Slayer from Berserk)
TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TaCoDuDe
Member since 2006 • 3239 Posts
Morrowind is better.
aliasfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 aliasfreak
Member since 2004 • 2878 Posts

Morrowind is better. TaCoDuDe

Some parts of Morrowind are better, yes.  Some parts of Oblivion are better though too.  If only they would combine the best of the two.  Maybe they will for the next one.

2FacedJanus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 2FacedJanus

[QUOTE="TaCoDuDe"]Morrowind is better. aliasfreak

Some parts of Morrowind are better, yes. Some parts of Oblivion are better though too. If only they would combine the best of the two. Maybe they will for the next one.

What was better about oblivion? 

TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TaCoDuDe
[QUOTE="aliasfreak"]

[QUOTE="TaCoDuDe"]Morrowind is better. 2FacedJanus

Some parts of Morrowind are better, yes. Some parts of Oblivion are better though too. If only they would combine the best of the two. Maybe they will for the next one.

That's what I want to know...graphics and combat system are the only things I can think of.

Chaos_HL21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Chaos_HL21
That's what I want to know...graphics and combat system are the only things I can think of.

TaCoDuDe

I liked fast travel, I found it annoying having to walk to one end of the island to another for a 'fedex' quest, and having to walk back. (But I still think Morrowind is alittle bit better)

Cyberfairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Cyberfairy
Member since 2003 • 5180 Posts
I thought the PS3 version had a little better textures, but anyways, PC version is the best, bot PC's are more expensive.
TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TaCoDuDe
[QUOTE="TaCoDuDe"]That's what I want to know...graphics and combat system are the only things I can think of.

Chaos_HL21

I liked fast travel, I found it annoying having to walk to one end of the island to another for a 'fedex' quest, and having to walk back. (But I still think Morrowind is alittle bit better)

I remember back in my day, we didnt have fast travel! We had to walk everywhere! :P

aliasfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 aliasfreak
[QUOTE="2FacedJanus"][QUOTE="aliasfreak"]

[QUOTE="TaCoDuDe"]Morrowind is better. TaCoDuDe

Those two things were better, yes.  But I found the, for lack of a better name, journal part much better.  In Morrowind, I would start a quest for one guild, find out that I couldn't complete it without bettering my character.  So I would go on to some other guild and do a few quests for them and level up.  From that point on though, it was such a pain to go back and find information for that mission I couldn't complete before.  The whole interface is much better in Oblivion, in my opinion.  You can just scroll through mission names and find what you need.  Much smoother. 

Personally, I didn't like fast travel.  I use it, but only because there is no other form of quick travel (like those big bug-like things in Morrowind, I can't remember what they are called).  I much prefer something like that.

Chaos_HL21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Chaos_HL21

I remember back in my day, we didnt have fast travel! We had to walk everywhere! :PTaCoDuDe

Yeah uphill in Ashstroms while fighting Cliff Racers. Fast Travel makes things alot easier (I HATED cliff Racers)

TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TaCoDuDe
[QUOTE="TaCoDuDe"][QUOTE="2FacedJanus"][QUOTE="aliasfreak"]

[QUOTE="TaCoDuDe"]Morrowind is better. aliasfreak

Those two things were better, yes.  But I found the, for lack of a better name, journal part much better.  In Morrowind, I would start a quest for one guild, find out that I couldn't complete it without bettering my character.  So I would go on to some other guild and do a few quests for them and level up.  From that point on though, it was such a pain to go back and find information for that mission I couldn't complete before.  The whole interface is much better in Oblivion, in my opinion.  You can just scroll through mission names and find what you need.  Much smoother. 

Personally, I didn't like fast travel.  I use it, but only because there is no other form of quick travel (like those big bug-like things in Morrowind, I can't remember what they are called).  I much prefer something like that.

Ok, you are right the journal. And I agree with you, I wasnt a big fan of the Fast Travel system in Oblivion (they're called Silt Striders :P). I just think Morrowind RPG system and structure was a lot better than in Oblivion.

omgimba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 omgimba
Member since 2007 • 2645 Posts

Except from the expansion they are nearly identical..

But well.. if you really want to play the best oblivion you should get the PC one which is far superior the other ones.. Thanks to the mods.

TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TaCoDuDe

I dont think the PS3 version gets downloadable content, which the 360 does. So if your not able to get the PC version, i'd get the 360 one.

2FacedJanus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 2FacedJanus

TaCoDuDe

The combat was broken.... basically your skill only decided how much damage you would do, in other words, only decide the length, it never made any attempts to check if you would hit... you'd hit if you were swaying at the enemy, in range... so that was pointless....

aliasfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 aliasfreak
[QUOTE="aliasfreak"]

TaCoDuDe

Ok, you are right the journal. And I agree with you, I wasnt a big fan of the Fast Travel system in Oblivion (they're called Silt Striders :P). I just think Morrowind RPG system and structure was a lot better than in Oblivion.

You are right about the RPG system and structure being better in Morrowind (not that you need me to say that you are right, of course!)

zeus_gb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#25 zeus_gb
Member since 2004 • 7793 Posts
I'd say the PC version because of all the mods and the ability to get into the console.
ardylicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ardylicious
Member since 2004 • 1107 Posts

PC version without Mods.

With a 10k WD and a 8800gtx with 16 aa and 16x af the console suck boys might aswell cry.

TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TaCoDuDe

PC version without Mods.

With a 10k WD and a 8800gtx with 16 aa and 16x af the console suck boys might aswell cry.

ardylicious

Without mods?

Solid-CELL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Solid-CELL
Member since 2006 • 5910 Posts

the PS3 version has faster and better loading.

Why? B/c of the standard HDD i think.

retrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 retrib
Member since 2007 • 670 Posts

I am now playing it in the PS3 and have play it in the 360 a year ago and quite frankly i can´t find any big differencedelol

Doesn't really matter, pc is the best version. 360 has all the dl content, so go with that.