Which developer has the best track record in all of gaming?

• 140 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45092 Posts

Is it Naughty Dog? I mean Crash Bandicoot, Jak & Dexter, Uncharted, Last of Us. You really can't get better than that, can you? #sonyrace

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44049 Posts

I would have said Bungie but that was before Density. :P

I suppose R* Turn 10 has been masterful as well.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SecretPolice

@scottpsfan14 said:
@SecretPolice said:

Nobody outside of M$ basically smh.

Rockstar & Bungie? MS? smh

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Valve, Naughty Dog, Rockstar maybe.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

Is it Valve? I mean Half-life, Portal, TF2, Dota, L4D, CS. Games that continue to be played by gamers. You really can't get any better than god. #PraiseGabeN

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#7 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Valve in my opinion . Nintendo is up there too but I prefer Valve . All of their games are high rated and successful . However , I would've said Blizzard (no competition) but then I remembered vanilla Diablo 3 . Mr Jay Wilson had really fu*ked it up .

General_Solo76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 General_Solo76
Member since 2013 • 578 Posts

I would say Nintendo's first party developers, Naughty Dog, and I don't know, maybe Kojima's staff?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SecretPolice

@scottpsfan14 said:
@SecretPolice said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@SecretPolice said:

Nobody outside of M$ basically smh.

Rockstar & Bungie? MS? smh

Bungie were known for this little game. It came out on ecsbaucs and it became the flagship title incase you didn't know. So that track record you were reffering to is pretty M$ related.

I noticed you told TC .. so nobody outside $ony.... oh wait you didn't.. Don't look now but your fanboy is showing. :P

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SecretPolice

@scottpsfan14:

I'm all kewl with that. :)

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

Valve.

Half Life and Counter Strike are probably the most influencial FPS in history. Some, like Halo are also influencial, but those 2 definied alot of what even Halo would be.

Besides, Half Life is considered by many in the industry to be the true GOAT.

There's also DOTA2 L4D, and Team Fortress.

And ofcourse, Portal, which is possibly on the most unique, and once again, influencial games of last gen.

Sadly, it seems Valve's more interested in other things nowadays.

Rockstar, Bethesda, Bungie, Naughty Dog, Ubisoft (yes, even them from some years ago), all of them are also fantastic.

Also Nintendo, yes. I keep having this duality of them has devs because of their console manufacturing business. I don't need to point out the amazing and influencial games they've made over history.

miiiiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 miiiiv
Member since 2013 • 943 Posts

Easily Nintendo, they have been making great games for three decades now.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Best would probably be Nintendo. Lots of duds but lots of excellent games

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Thunderdrone
Member since 2009 • 7154 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: naughty dog made terrible shovelware shit before Crash.

That and I'd argue that Uncharted is pretty mediocre too, but people love it so...

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Retro Studios has a perfect track record right now and have produced two genre topping series in Metroid Prime and their Donkey Kong Country games. IMHO Metroid Prime is the greatest action adventure ever made and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze the best platformer.

I also see a great deal of exceptional potential in Rocksteady right now. They remind me of a new retro, but their Metroid Prime is the Batman Arkham games. Batman Arkham City really showed how incredible that studio can be so I hope their future projects showcase a similiar level of craftsmanship and detail.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Blizzard

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52425 Posts

Harmonix.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I'd agree with Naughty Dog. The only other one I'd see as a contender is Rockstar.

There was once a time I would have added Capcom to the list but they fell hard last gen.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

why are people saying nintendo? ninty is a publisher

valve, naughty dog and rockstar north are the best

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

why are people saying nintendo? ninty is a publisher

valve, naughty dog and rockstar north are the best

because they develop their own games, unless you want to get all technical and say Nintendo EAD

heguain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 283

User Lists: 36

#25 heguain
Member since 2007 • 1433 Posts

Valve.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Pikminmaniac

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Pikminmaniac said:

Retro Studios has a perfect track record right now and have produced two genre topping series in Metroid Prime and their Donkey Kong Country games. IMHO Metroid Prime is the greatest action adventure ever made and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze the best platformer.

I see a great deal of exceptional potential in Rocksteady right now. Batman Arkham City really showed how incredible that studio can be so I hope their future projects showcase a similiar level of craftsmanship and detail.

Wow I think you're the only Nintendo fan who would put DKTF above Mario Galaxy. That is weird. Nintendo have better studios than Retro. EAD>>Retro.

Or is that just my opinion?

DKCTF and DKCR are far better platformers than Mario Galaxy. They just have far tighter/better level design, far better challenge, and far more content than what's on offer in Mario Galaxy. Mario Galaxy 2 was definitely a massive improvement over the first, but it still doesn't reach the mastercraft level in Retro's DK games.

I'm a platformer superfan. It's my favourite genre of all time and I've played just about every one I can get my hands on. I know exactly what I like and want from the genre and what Retro has made in DKCTF is EXACTLY what I want from this genre. They gave me everything I could ask for and did it with the highest level of skill possible. Every single level is miraculously designed perfectly for 3 different aspects: exploration, challenge, and speed runs. They all work on these three separate fronts exceptionally well. Then there's the detail they put into the levels. Every backdrop never repeats itself and many of them even tell a story about what's going on.

I consider DKCTF one of the greatest pieces of video game design out there. It's truly a masterpiece and one of the very best games I have ever played. It really deserves far more praise than it gets.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#27 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Bethesda, Rockstar and Nintendo

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60711 Posts

NaughtyDog

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#29  Edited By PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Nintendo, Capcom, Infinity Ward, Bungie, Grasshopper, Retro Studios. Aw yeah.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

SNK, Nintendo, Sega, Atlus, From Software then Treasure

Anybody that says anything else gets kicked in the face

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 nini200

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Pikminmaniac said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Pikminmaniac said:

I see a great deal of exceptional potential in Rocksteady right now. Batman Arkham City really showed how incredible that studio can be so I hope their future projects showcase a similiar level of craftsmanship and detail.

Wow I think you're the only Nintendo fan who would put DKTF above Mario Galaxy. That is weird. Nintendo have better studios than Retro. EAD>>Retro.

DKCTF and DKCR are far better platformers than Mario Galaxy. They just have far tighter/better level design, far better challenge, and far more content than what's on offer in Mario Galaxy. Mario Galaxy 2 was definitely a massive improvement over the first, but it still doesn't reach the mastercraft level in Retro's DK games.

I'm a platformer superfan. It's my favourite genre of all time and I've played just about every one I can get my hands on. I know exactly what I like and want from the genre and what Retro has made in DKCTF is EXACTLY what I want from this genre. They gave me everything I could ask for and did it with the highest level of skill possible. Every single level is miraculously designed perfectly for 3 different aspects: exploration, challenge, and speed runs. They all work on these three separate fronts exceptionally well. Then there's the detail they put into the levels. Every backdrop never repeats itself and many of them even tell a story about what's going on.

I consider DKCTF one of the greatest pieces of video game design out there. It's truly a masterpiece and one of the very best games I have ever played. It really deserves far more praise than it gets.

Agree to disagree.

No this debate must continue. :D

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

obvious answer is Bethesda Game Studios..

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

the guys who made MGS

the guys who made TLOU

and the guys who made CS:GO

no competition!

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@Heil68 said:

NaughtyDog

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Why are people saying Naughtydog, did people forget Jak 3? Or U3?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

I mean let's be real, it's Nintendo EAD if we're being honest. Mario and Zelda is a pretty ridiculous advantage, before you take into account the things those teams did with Starfox, Pikmin, and the like.

Individuals shout out to Hideki Kamiya
-Resident Evil 2
-Devil May Cry
-Viewtiful Joe
-Okami
-Bayonetta
-The Wonderful 101

That's a beast resume.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Pikminmaniac

@scottpsfan14: I just felt the first Galaxy lacked direction. The game was far too easy and it felt like the levels didn't really focus on much. Many of them were half way between open and linear. Playing through that game just felt like going through the motions. Nothing really popped or pressed against the player and it felt like they played it far too safe with the gravity ideas. There was also far too much reused content in the game. You find yourself playing out similar situations and sections of a level far too often.

Unless you include both Galaxy games. In which case there is far more of a case to be made IMHO. Mario Galaxy 2 was far more creative, challenging, and the levels had very clear direction. It's one of the best 3D platformers to be sure and makes me feel that the first Galaxy shouldn't have existed.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SolidGame_basic

@jg4xchamp said:

I mean let's be real, it's Nintendo EAD if we're being honest. Mario and Zelda is a pretty ridiculous advantage, before you take into account the things those teams did with Starfox, Pikmin, and the like.

Individuals shout out to Hideki Kamiya

-Resident Evil 2

-Devil May Cry

-Viewtiful Joe

-Okami

-Bayonetta

-The Wonderful 101

That's a beast resume.

I would believe that if Nintendo actually took more risks with their IPs.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

@nini200 said:

I never tried from's king field series or otogi. How are they?

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 nini200

@Gamerno6666 said:

@nini200 said:

I never tried from's king field series or otogi. How are they?

Not sure about the King's field series but Otogi series is great. Good story, Lots of destruction (smashing enemies into the ground and make a giant crater), cool enemies (Raikoh's Rival is voiced by the same VA that plays Mojo jojo from Powerpuff girls lol) and bosses, air battles and cool weapons. Raikoh can seem a bit OP at times though. It can get really tough when you try to get all the souls to get the weapons and magic. Raikoh is my favorite swordsman (he makes a guest appearance and is a playable character in the RPG Enchanted Arms). It only gets better with Otogi 2: Immortal Warriors. More characters, more weapons, alt costumes, good story.

I need to get King's Field

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

While I want Nintendo to do new things, there is a difference in value here.

You are valuing just straight up "new ip"

I like new ideas, and if we're being perfectly honest the things Uncharted and The Last of Us do from purely narrative and universe standpoint is generic. One is ripping Indiana Jones, and the other is taking every story beat from The Road and Children of Men. Even from a gameplay perspective both games don't do anything actually new, it's more about grand execution. Now does that mean those games suck? No, on the contrary I quite like The Last of Us and Uncharted 2, I find them to be great. Jak 1 I think is pretty good. Jak 2 is okay, Jak 3 blows chunks, and Crash sucked, period. But that's another argument for a different day.

Now with Nintendo while recently they haven't been creative, it is ridiculous to ignore their pedigree. Super Mario Bros and the Legend of Zelda were trend setters, and actively unique and different, ditto for something like Pikmin. They don't flex those creative muscles enough, but when they do they actually make it count. And when you throw in just the sheer excellent games under that umbrella from Yoshi's Island, Mario world, Galaxy, Link to the Past to Link Between Worlds, to stuff they did with Starfox and the first 2 Pikmin games (I don't like 3, that game blows), then yeah it's a pretty bitchin resume.

Discrediting their past dominance for recent conservative behavior would be underselling a certified legendary development house.

The suck dick as a console manufacturer, but as a straight development studio? Nintendo EAD is a beast.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 nini200

@scottpsfan14 said:
@nini200 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Pikminmaniac said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Pikminmaniac said:

Agree to disagree.

No this debate must continue. :D

Everyone has opinions. He liked the design and flow of DK games better than SMG. I disagree. I have played DKCR, but not DKCTF. So I can't speak 100% on the debate. But the whole presentation of SMG blew my mind away. I can't believe how good it actually was.

Yeah that's right, keep the fight alive :D

Dasein808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Dasein808
Member since 2008 • 839 Posts

Valve, Blizzard, and Origin Systems ((R.I.P.)FU 4ever EA)

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#47 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

Kind of hard to deny Nintendo, imo. Their games are usually good, and have been for a long time.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SolidGame_basic

@jg4xchamp said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

While I want Nintendo to do new things, there is a difference in value here.

You are valuing just straight up "new ip"

I like new ideas, and if we're being perfectly honest the things Uncharted and The Last of Us do from purely narrative and universe standpoint is generic. One is ripping Indiana Jones, and the other is taking every story beat from The Road and Children of Men. Even from a gameplay perspective both games don't do anything actually new, it's more about grand execution. Now does that mean those games suck? No, on the contrary I quite like The Last of Us and Uncharted 2, I find them to be great. Jak 1 I think is pretty good. Jak 2 is okay, Jak 3 blows chunks, and Crash sucked, period. But that's another argument for a different day.

Now with Nintendo while recently they haven't been creative, it is ridiculous to ignore their pedigree. Super Mario Bros and the Legend of Zelda were trend setters, and actively unique and different, ditto for something like Pikmin. They don't flex those creative muscles enough, but when they do they actually make it count. And when you throw in just the sheer excellent games under that umbrella from Yoshi's Island, Mario world, Galaxy, Link to the Past to Link Between Worlds, to stuff they did with Starfox and the first 2 Pikmin games (I don't like 3, that game blows), then yeah it's a pretty bitchin resume.

Discrediting their past dominance for recent conservative behavior would be underselling a certified legendary development house.

The suck dick as a console manufacturer, but as a straight development studio? Nintendo EAD is a beast.

It's very hard to do new IPs. Doesn't matter if the ideas were taken from somewhere. Naughty Dog has consistently produced new IPs every generation and succeeded. Nintendo just banks off the same old franchises. Also, Nintendo recently has sunk. Their IPs clearly don't have the weight that they used to. Look at how bad the Wii U is doing.

I_Return

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 I_Return
Member since 2014 • 873 Posts

Right on top of my head, valve. I would say Ubisoft here as well. Even though, I hate them with a passion. The obligatory hate is an obligation on all the PC gamers. Ubisoft should just go and die except that, they need to release this year's AC first.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

Sid Meier?

@freedomfreak said:

Harmonix.