Which controller is bigger? PS4 or XBOX one

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SpiderLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SpiderLuke
Member since 2006 • 719 Posts

My favorite controller was the Xbox 360 controller, although I was able to adapt to the PS3 controller if I had to. I have monster hands and I just like the feel of the wired 360 controller. (I say that because it feels nice w/o that battery pack.)

Anyway, a controller more than anything could make or break a console decision for me.

Which one is bigger? Gamestop dude told me that the PS4 controller was the same size as the PS3 just contoured different. Some of the pictures of the One controller seem a little bit smaller than the 360 controller.

Trying to keep biases aside, which controller comes closer to the contour and fit of the 360? If the PS4 controller is actually bigger than the One controller that could be a plus.

Yup. Still on the fence. Try to limit the fanboy-ism. lol

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

Xbone is smaller than 360.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

damn that ps4 controller is a beast.. so f*ckn awesome

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

From all the previews I've seen everybody likes the PS4 controller better. Everyone says the Xbone controller is too small and complain about the bumpers and analog sticks.

PinkiePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PinkiePirate
Member since 2012 • 1973 Posts

I own one. The DualShock 4 is the best controller I've ever used. It makes the 360 controller feel flat in comparison.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

X1 controller looks like it was invented by some1 who has no idea what comfort means

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 silversix_

@Mkavanaugh77 said:

@PinkiePirate said:

I own one. The DualShock 4 is the best controller I've ever used. It makes the 360 controller feel flat in comparison.

xbox 360 controller is the most comfortable controller ive used, my hands are just loose and relaxed when i hold it.

The Ps3 controller is comfortable too but holding it makes me stretch my fingers (my hands never feel relaxed like the 360 controller)

PS4 controller looks the same but just a little bigger, just cant see it being better than the xbox controllers, but thats just my opinion.

don't even try putting DS4 in DS3's boat... 360's controller is also my favorite controller but after hold DS4,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, there's no turning back, 360's controller feels like a cheap MadCatz garbage in comparison and im not exaggerating on this one

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#12 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

@Mkavanaugh77 said:

@silversix_ said:

@Mkavanaugh77 said:

@PinkiePirate said:

xbox 360 controller is the most comfortable controller ive used, my hands are just loose and relaxed when i hold it.

The Ps3 controller is comfortable too but holding it makes me stretch my fingers (my hands never feel relaxed like the 360 controller)

PS4 controller looks the same but just a little bigger, just cant see it being better than the xbox controllers, but thats just my opinion.

don't even try putting DS4 in DS3's boat... 360's controller is also my favorite controller but after hold DS4,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, there's no turning back, 360's controller feels like a cheap MadCatz garbage in comparison and im not exaggerating on this one

Respect your opinion since you say you have held one, but to me the DS4 looks exactly the same as the Ds3 just bigger, which wouldnt change how your hands are placed and feel holding the controller. I guess ill have to hold the controller to find out.

360 was your favourite controller but now feels like garbage? how does your favourite controller ever become feeling like garbage lol? (doesnt make sense)

Dont really care tbh though, PS3 controler imo is better for certain games like GTA and 360 controller is better for games like COD (every shooter basically, trigger buttons are much better)

You haven't even tried the ds4, so why are you comparing it then?

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By silversix_

@Mkavanaugh77 said:

@silversix_ said:

@Mkavanaugh77 said:

@PinkiePirate said:

Respect your opinion since you say you have held one, but to me the DS4 looks exactly the same as the Ds3 just bigger, which wouldnt change how your hands are placed and feel holding the controller. I guess ill have to hold the controller to find out.

360 was your favourite controller but now feels like garbage? how does your favourite controller ever become feeling like garbage lol? (doesnt make sense)

Dont really care tbh though, PS3 controler imo is better for certain games like GTA and 360 controller is better for games like COD (every shooter basically, trigger buttons are much better)

its far from the same. DS3 felt triangular to me, which feels really poor in your hand. DS4 fits your hands like a glove, absolutely perfect (i tried Portal 2 with it and it was amazing). It actually makes perfect sense to find something you liked becoming complete crap when that other item improves on every single aspect of your previous controller, be much more confy (and im being very generous here because "more confy" isn't enough to describe it), heavy'ish and feels great in your hands. For me personally DS3 was trash for every single genre and is worst for everything but fighters (compared to 360's pad) but this, this controller is absolutely amazing for everything. Hell, since it has a pad i bet it'll be good even for strategy games. I did not hold an X1 controller obviously but to me it looks like another 360 controller with a none shitty dpad and in our day and age the 360 controller got dethroned by dat DS4.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

I'm loving the DS4 so far.Sony did the impossible and improved the DS3.

PinkiePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PinkiePirate
Member since 2012 • 1973 Posts
@Mkavanaugh77 said:

Nothing you say about the DS4 is credible, until you've used one yourself. You're just judging based on "how it looks," and that isn't enough.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 John_Matherson
Member since 2013 • 2085 Posts

Giggity.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By silversix_

@Mkavanaugh77 said:

@silversix_ said:

@Mkavanaugh77 said:

@silversix_ said:

@Mkavanaugh77 said:

@PinkiePirate said:

its far from the same. DS3 felt triangular to me, which feels really poor in your hand. DS4 fits your hands like a glove, absolutely perfect (i tried Portal 2 with it and it was amazing). It actually makes perfect sense to find something you liked becoming complete crap when that other item improves on every single aspect of your previous controller, be much more confy (and im being very generous here because "more confy" isn't enough to describe it), heavy'ish and feels great in your hands. For me personally DS3 was trash for every single genre and is worst for everything but fighters (compared to 360's pad) but this, this controller is absolutely amazing for everything. Hell, since it has a pad i bet it'll be good even for strategy games. I did not hold an X1 controller obviously but to me it looks like another 360 controller with a none shitty dpad and in our day and age the 360 controller got dethroned by dat DS4.

weird to see you hating the DS3 and liking the DS4 when it looks the exact same just a little bigger and a few extras.

So you like the 360 controller better than the Ds3 but not better than the DS4? havent held the Xbox One controller yet either?

What's so weird? I don't just hate DS3, i despise it. DS4 and DS3 have absolutely nothing in common but analogue placement which even that isn't exactly the same. I haven't held an x1 controller but you can clearly see from its bulky shape alone its just what we already had with gimmicky bumpers vibrating. Look at dat shape, its absolutely perfect.

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

@silversix_ said:

X1 controller looks like it was invented by some1 who has no idea what comfort means

Really? Have you tried it?

Of the literally dozens of videos I've watched of people giving their impressions after the Xbox One Area events which are all across the country (something that Sony is disappointingly NOT doing) , I don't remember a single person complaining about the controller.

Literally, not one.

Last generation, it wasn't even a question which controller was better. Sony even stated that they seriously considered moving to the offset analog design of the Xbox controller because everyone loves it and controlled more accurately than the PS layout. Sony eventually decided against it because the analog location on their controller is now "traditional" and iconic of their brand. They went with bulkier grips and more pronounced trigger buttons specifically because of the Xbox controller.

Personally, I think both PS4 and XB1 controllers look great. But then again, I'm not a rabid fanboy incapable of reasonable thought as so many on this forum are.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 silversix_

@Bruin1986 said:

@silversix_ said:

Really? Have you tried it?

Of the literally dozens of videos I've watched of people giving their impressions after the Xbox One Area events which are all across the country (something that Sony is disappointingly NOT doing) , I don't remember a single person complaining about the controller.

Literally, not one.

Last generation, it wasn't even a question which controller was better. Sony even stated that they seriously considered moving to the offset analog design of the Xbox controller because everyone loves it and controlled more accurately than the PS layout. Sony eventually decided against it because the analog location on their controller is now "traditional" and iconic of their brand. They went with bulkier grips and more pronounced trigger buttons specifically because of the Xbox controller.

Personally, I think both PS4 and XB1 controllers look great. But then again, I'm not a rabid fanboy incapable of reasonable thought as so many on this forum are.

No, i haven't, but i tried DS4 and i can tell you right now that my controller standards were raised by quite a lot since my 360 controller standards. Where is the evolution inside x1's controller that was what, 100 million to engineer? It even uses AA batteries... In 8 years, 100 million spent, this is what we get... Dunno about everyone else but this looks disappointing as shit

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#22 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14498 Posts

DS4 is great, though imperfect still (better than DS3 in every way)

My concerns for X1 are its bumpers and sticks. The smaller sticks are cause for concern, but the biggest issue is how the bumper buttons are situated and how far across the top they reach (or, how far they fail to reach). It complicates the ergonomics and redefines my largest concern from the X360 pad.

hoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hoola
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

DS4 looks ugly as heck, but I believe will be the more comfortable controller. On the DS4 the analogue sticks, circular areas around the buttons, and the touch pad all make it look sinfully ugly whereas the Xbone controller has a much more uniform design even though it reminds me of the original controller on the original Xbox.

DS4 reminds me of the Gamecube controller, which was the most comfortable controller of all time, even though it wasn't good for shooters and platformers.

I think they should get rid of the touch pad, which will be utterly forgotten by game developers and gamers alike within 6 months of the console release, and slim the controller down a bit.

SpiderLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SpiderLuke
Member since 2006 • 719 Posts

The worker dude at gamestop was trying to tell me that the size was no different from the DS3. I got slightly discouraged, but all the pictures I saw definitely look like there is a difference.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#25 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I like the look of the xbox one controller and I like the triggers.

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

Yes TC, the DS4 is slightly bigger than the DS3 but not by a lot, what happened is they increased the length of the handle and removed the contour that houses the R1/L1 buttons. The Xbox One controller is a slightly smaller than the 360 one but not by a lot as well, it seem to work fine when i used it but then again i have been adapting to every controller i have used since the 90s so perhaps i am more controll input tolerant than most people on this forum who seem to have very low threshold for learning how to use different controllers. Also looking forward to trying the new Steam controller, it should be fun

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

I haven't yet had chance to hold either controller, but from videos I have seen, many many people love both controllers.

It seems there's more positive media about the DS4 than the X1 controller, but that could just be because of how much of a massive improvement it is over the DS3, rather than compared to the X1 controller.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#29 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

PS4 controller is awesome...............XBone 720 controller is horrible and very uncomfort.

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

The PS4 controller is great, Cows can finally admit what a piece of shit controller the DS3 was compared to the 360 one .

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

I prefer the look of the X1 controller, both are matte, but I like the matte on the X1 better. The smooth surface makes it feels more 'unibody' which is quite appealing to me.

Don't know which one will be more comfortable, cus' i haven't tried either. but judging from the changes (shape, size, material), the dualshock 4 controller will be one hell of the controller.