Where Uncharted 4 should take place?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2031 posts) 5 months, 16 days ago

Poll: Where Uncharted 4 should take place? (21 votes)

City 38%
Jungle/Tropical Islands/Underwater world 38%
Africa/Desert 5%
Antarctica/Snow 19%

If you could have 1 pick one of those then where should it take place?

I would love to see more Africa, Desert and even Dubai. I put Dubai in Africa/Desert pick. I loved Uncharted 3 desert setting but too bad it only lasted 2 chapter.

City:

Jungle:

Africa/Desert:

Antartica/Snow

#1 Posted by freedomfreak (38829 posts) -

In a city.

That would be fascinating.

#2 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13153 posts) -

How about everywhere.

#3 Posted by Blabadon (25717 posts) -

I don't like the globe trotting aspect of the latter Uncharteds or how you never felt in actually uncharted areas for most of those two (Not counting Golden Abyss). Keep it wherever you want Naughty Dog, just keep it more focused like the first.

#4 Posted by GamingGod999 (2943 posts) -

Atlantis pls.

#5 Edited by bobbetybob (19132 posts) -

...have you ever played an Uncharted game? They always take place in a bunch of different locations that's kind of the point. I'd be interested in seeing somewhere like Dubai though, working your way up a giant skyscraper would be cool.

#6 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2560 posts) -

Ummm.... what.... is.... happening....? FreedomFreeLife talking legitimately about Playstation? Speaking coherent English? I had some very lucid dreams last night, and I'm pretty sure I'm still sleeping.

#7 Edited by Blabadon (25717 posts) -

@bobbetybob: Meh, I know it's arguing semantics but the first game wasn't all about that stuff

#8 Posted by megaspiderweb09 (3686 posts) -
#9 Posted by bobbetybob (19132 posts) -
@Blabadon said:

@bobbetybob: Meh, I know it's arguing semantics but the first game wasn't all about that stuff

Yeah but that game was lame

#10 Posted by CyberLips (1807 posts) -
#11 Posted by Blabadon (25717 posts) -
#12 Posted by Szminsky (1433 posts) -

Atlantis is a great idea, that or Mars, where you fight Martians... because Martians are cool.

#13 Posted by Heil68 (43273 posts) -

Doesn't matter really, Naughty Gods have a way of making the world feel alive and vibrant. It is going to be awesome no matter where it takes place.

#14 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9400 posts) -

Uncharted games always take place in multiple different types of areas/locations.

U4 will too, cuz thats what Uncharted is about.

#15 Posted by TheTruthIsREAL (756 posts) -

Jungles so I can see that foilage at work

#16 Posted by Ribstaylor1 (436 posts) -

To be honest I don't want another Uncharted by naughty dog. I want naughty dog to start pumping out new projects not tied to their old series. Hell if the last of us isn't this giant flashing light saying people want new experiences then I don't know what else is going to convince companies we are sick of the same old shit. New console give me something new to play besides what you've been peddling for years.

#17 Edited by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

Are we talking about the journey progress or the mythical city you'll eventually end up at?

#18 Posted by Telekill (4351 posts) -

Atlantis. He needs to find Atlantis.

#19 Posted by nervmeister (15178 posts) -

If Nathan Drake can survive in New Zealand or Australia, he can survive ANYWHERE!

#20 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (15888 posts) -

I'd say, Australia (desert and tropics), the Yukon (alpine and snow), somewhere with deep water and a dark sub chase.

#21 Posted by wolverine4262 (18945 posts) -

Delaware

#22 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13153 posts) -

I know, how about middle earth? Drake can look for the one ring after it's been tossed into the volcano.

Gandalf: What are you doing you fool! Leave that there!

Drake: Hey Sully check this ring I found, I bet we can make quite a bit of money off of this to the right collector.

Sully: Hey that's not bad kid, let's get some hookers and blow to celebrate.

Gandalf: You Bastards

#23 Posted by Ackad (3150 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

Yeah but that game was lame

Not sure why people say this. I prefer the first out of the series.

#24 Posted by voljin1987 (689 posts) -

In a fictional world. Kinda like Stargate.. That would be awesome

#25 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (10025 posts) -

It should take place somwhere with Better Gameplay. I reccomend, The Dragon's Triangle as a decent location as it has already helped a certain adventurer already.

#26 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2031 posts) -

...have you ever played an Uncharted game? They always take place in a bunch of different locations that's kind of the point. I'd be interested in seeing somewhere like Dubai though, working your way up a giant skyscraper would be cool.

Are you kidding me? I played all Uncharted games. I know that it takes different locations but there is always once main focus.

No, Uncharted a whole game took place in Island.

Second Uncharted took place a little bit city and then last 50% game snow levels

Third Uncharted took place London, forest and desert(and city).

Who wants Atlantis should vote "Jungle, tropical Island, underwater world(atlantis).

Its more interesting to see if Uncharted takes more time on 1 place than many different locations. Uncharted 3 was disappointing because desert came just in the end...

#27 Edited by getyeryayasout (7082 posts) -

I'm hoping for Atlantis. If not there, maybe just Atlanta. Catch a Braves game of somethin.

#28 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8294 posts) -

In Norman, Oklahoma or Wichita, Kansas.

No, but seriously: Russia, anywhere from Dagestan, Chechnya to Siberia, of course. Such a vast and diverse territorial spectrum.

#29 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -
#30 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3525 posts) -

I always thought Atlantis would be interesting.

#31 Posted by Sweenix (5396 posts) -

Sweden

#32 Edited by zeeshanhaider (2370 posts) -

The better question would be should it continue to have Press 'X' to win or we should add 'O' to the mix too?

#33 Posted by locopatho (20131 posts) -

Egypt plz. Yeah yeah I know, obvious, generic, done before blah blah blah. Fuck it, I still ADORE pyramids, tombs, ancient treasures and traps, endless desert, the mighty Nile.... I want to go there with Drake :)

#34 Posted by musicalmac (22851 posts) -

I'd love to see it set in ancient Egyptian ruins. I think that may be the primary reason I enjoyed Serious Sam 3BFE so much... I haven't played any Uncharted games, so I'm not sure that's alerady been done or not -- but it's what I'd like to see.

#35 Posted by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -
#36 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (6905 posts) -

Space

#37 Posted by nervmeister (15178 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000:

Hopefully the game features a shark that can survive long enough in space for Drake to jump it.

#38 Edited by Salt_The_Fries (8294 posts) -

Siberia or GTFO.

#39 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (6905 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000:

Hopefully the game features a shark that can survive long enough in space for Drake to jump it.

You could put it in a shark astronaut suit, but I'm not sure how it's supposed to bite anything under that scenario.

#40 Posted by nervmeister (15178 posts) -

@Salt_The_Fries:

Russia ain't a bad idea. If MGS3 taught us anything, it's that Russia's habitats are more diverse than westerners like us initially think.

#41 Posted by happyduds77 (1445 posts) -

City.

#42 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (3679 posts) -

I'm confused I thought the appeal was that you go to multiple destinations.

#43 Edited by stereointegrity (10700 posts) -

i want to say im pretty sure this game will not feature the nathan drake but will have francis drake

#44 Edited by princeofshapeir (13635 posts) -

I'm confused I thought the appeal was that you go to multiple destinations.

Yes, but each game has had a locational theme to them, as the box art shows: Uncharted 1 had the Amazon rainforest, Uncharted 2 had the Himalayan mountains, Uncharted 3 had the Rub'al Khali desert. Obviously each title had a variety of settings within them (although Drake's Fortune was more focused than its successors) but Uncharted 4 has to have a central destination.

#45 Posted by silversix_ (13944 posts) -

Dunes. I always wanted to play a game (open world would be the best for this) there and what Uc3 offered was garbage, i want huge sand zones n stuff

#46 Posted by groowagon (2741 posts) -

in a dark quiet corner. oh yeah, there's a place for it.

#47 Posted by cainetao11 (16661 posts) -

In the ruins of America after a cordycep out break.

#48 Posted by sukraj (21909 posts) -

jungle tropical island

#49 Posted by PAL360 (26657 posts) -

All of those. I want Uncharted 4 to be huge and diverse.