Where Did all the Lems Go?

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by joel_c17 (2826 posts) -
A great phenomenon has graced system wars! It seems that Lems, devot rabid fanboys who defend their beloved Xbox 360 with every part of their souls, have actually been hermits all along! The recent conversion can only be put down to MS leaving the 360 for dead and concentrating on their next console ( and probably the amount of butt hurt that's been pounded into lems lately, being in last place and all). This is a thread for lems to "come out" and announce their change in alliance to the hermit gods and hope they accept you into their ranks. So for those lems who have simply lost their 360s under a pile of dust or are just sick of having humble pie rubbed into your faces - this is the time!
#2 Posted by delta3074 (17798 posts) -
[QUOTE="joel_c17"]A great phenomenon has graced system wars! It seems that Lems, devot rabid fanboys who defend their beloved Xbox 360 with every part of their souls, have actually been hermits all along! The recent conversion can only be put down to MS leaving the 360 for dead and concentrating on their next console ( and probably the amount of butt hurt that's been pounded into lems lately, being in last place and all). This is a thread for lems to "come out" and announce their change in alliance to the hermit gods and hope they accept you into their ranks. So for those lems who have simply lost their 360s under a pile of dust or are just sick of having humble pie rubbed into your faces - this is the time!

System wars, not fanboy wars
#3 Posted by joel_c17 (2826 posts) -
[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="joel_c17"]A great phenomenon has graced system wars! It seems that Lems, devot rabid fanboys who defend their beloved Xbox 360 with every part of their souls, have actually been hermits all along! The recent conversion can only be put down to MS leaving the 360 for dead and concentrating on their next console ( and probably the amount of butt hurt that's been pounded into lems lately, being in last place and all). This is a thread for lems to "come out" and announce their change in alliance to the hermit gods and hope they accept you into their ranks. So for those lems who have simply lost their 360s under a pile of dust or are just sick of having humble pie rubbed into your faces - this is the time!

That's correct my good sir - I want to get to the bottom of this? Are lems jumping ship because of lack of games? This is a for serial discussion
#4 Posted by delta3074 (17798 posts) -
[QUOTE="joel_c17"][QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="joel_c17"]A great phenomenon has graced system wars! It seems that Lems, devot rabid fanboys who defend their beloved Xbox 360 with every part of their souls, have actually been hermits all along! The recent conversion can only be put down to MS leaving the 360 for dead and concentrating on their next console ( and probably the amount of butt hurt that's been pounded into lems lately, being in last place and all). This is a thread for lems to "come out" and announce their change in alliance to the hermit gods and hope they accept you into their ranks. So for those lems who have simply lost their 360s under a pile of dust or are just sick of having humble pie rubbed into your faces - this is the time!

That's correct my good sir - I want to get to the bottom of this? Are lems jumping ship because of lack of games? This is a for serial discussion

what lack of games? if i remember the 360 actually won last year in high scoring Exclusives.
#5 Posted by joel_c17 (2826 posts) -
Yeah 360 had a good year last year. Still no GOTY but it did have some good releases. But come on - there won't b many games this year. I think most lems cam admit the 360, Game wise, won't be delivering much and Microsoft will probably abandon support in the next 12 months before the 720 is released.
#6 Posted by delta3074 (17798 posts) -
Yeah 360 had a good year last year. Still no GOTY but it did have some good releases. But come on - there won't b many games this year. I think most lems cam admit the 360, Game wise, won't be delivering much and Microsoft will probably abandon support in the next 12 months before the 720 is released. joel_c17
what makes you think MS will abandon support for the 360?
#7 Posted by joel_c17 (2826 posts) -
History?
#8 Posted by thedork_knight (866 posts) -
Yeah 360 had a good year last year. Still no GOTY joel_c17
you must get bored if thats all you play!!! especially journey while being a fantastic game is only 2hrs long
#9 Posted by joel_c17 (2826 posts) -
[QUOTE="joel_c17"]Yeah 360 had a good year last year. Still no GOTY thedork_knight
you must get bored if thats all you play!!! especially journey while being a fantastic game is only 2hrs long

Wow way to misquote. I said it had a good year - are you here to jump ship sir?
#10 Posted by AmnesiaHaze (5683 posts) -

they are playing halo, forza, gow at the moment , wait until XBL will be hacked and they come back

#11 Posted by delta3074 (17798 posts) -
History? joel_c17
what history? the Xbox, it's a myth they dropped support for it when the 360 released ' The last Xbox game in Europe was Tony Hawk's Project 8 released in November 2006, and the last game in North America was Madden NFL 09 released in August 2008. Support for out-of-warranty Xbox consoles was discontinued on March 2, 2009, stating that any in-warranty repair now needed will not be undertaken. Xbox Live support was discontinued on April 15, 2010.' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox Besides, you are talking about two different scenarios, the Xbox never sold that much and never made MS any money the 360 on the other hand is making MS profit and is still selling, MS wil continue to support hthe 360 for as long as it's still selling in my opinion, i should check on what you know about gaming history, don't put too much Faith in claims made on this board till you have checked yourself mate, trust me on that one:)
#12 Posted by thedork_knight (866 posts) -
[QUOTE="thedork_knight"][QUOTE="joel_c17"]Yeah 360 had a good year last year. Still no GOTY joel_c17

did you state it had a good year but no GOTY? which reads the games where good but not as good as a GOTY, so your discounting the quality of all other games over journey. so then going by the quality of the ps3 exclusives this year must mean that you didnt actually play anythig this year but journey yes am jumping ship with my psn gamercard!!
#13 Posted by delta3074 (17798 posts) -
[QUOTE="thedork_knight"][QUOTE="joel_c17"][QUOTE="thedork_knight"] you must get bored if thats all you play!!! especially journey while being a fantastic game is only 2hrs long

did you state it had a good year but no GOTY? which reads the games where good but not as good as a GOTY, so your discounting the quality of all other games over journey. so then going by the quality of the ps3 exclusives this year must mean that you didnt actually play anythig this year but journey yes am jumping ship with my psn gamercard!!

i think you may just be reading too much into what he put mate, chill out:)
#14 Posted by V3rciS (2207 posts) -

Yeah 360 had a good year last year. Still no GOTY but it did have some good releases. But come on - there won't b many games this year. I think most lems cam admit the 360, Game wise, won't be delivering much and Microsoft will probably abandon support in the next 12 months before the 720 is released. joel_c17

and what makes you think sony's gonna release any stuff this year the only one is the last of us. all 3 players preparing for next gen, after next box and ps are released then you can start mumbling again about wars.

#15 Posted by thedork_knight (866 posts) -
[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="thedork_knight"][QUOTE="joel_c17"] Wow way to misquote. I said it had a good year - are you here to jump ship sir?

chill out? am perfectly calm. why would yo get any other vibe?
#16 Posted by rilpas (8222 posts) -
Because a game of the year award is what dictates everything? :?
#17 Posted by joel_c17 (2826 posts) -
[QUOTE="thedork_knight"][QUOTE="joel_c17"][QUOTE="thedork_knight"] did you state it had a good year but no GOTY? which reads the games where good but not as good as a GOTY, so your discounting the quality of all other games over journey. so then going by the quality of the ps3 exclusives this year must mean that you didnt actually play anythig this year but journey yes am jumping ship with my psn gamercard!!

Wow dude chill out - no Xbox game was of a high enough quality to win goty it's time to get over it
[QUOTE="joel_c17"]History? delta3074
what history? the Xbox, it's a myth they dropped support for it when the 360 released ' The last Xbox game in Europe was Tony Hawk's Project 8 released in November 2006, and the last game in North America was Madden NFL 09 released in August 2008. Support for out-of-warranty Xbox consoles was discontinued on March 2, 2009, stating that any in-warranty repair now needed will not be undertaken. Xbox Live support was discontinued on April 15, 2010.' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox Besides, you are talking about two different scenarios, the Xbox never sold that much and never made MS any money the 360 on the other hand is making MS profit and is still selling, MS wil continue to support hthe 360 for as long as it's still selling in my opinion, i should check on what you know about gaming history, don't put too much Faith in claims made on this board till you have checked yourself mate, trust me on that one:)

Mate did I say 3rd parties stopped supporting it or did I say MS stopped supporting it? I can't remember any of MS studios releasing any games for it. And they had to keep fulfilling warranty needs - I'm sure if they dishonoured their warranty they would b in trouble.
#18 Posted by thedork_knight (866 posts) -
[QUOTE="joel_c17"][QUOTE="thedork_knight"][QUOTE="joel_c17"][QUOTE="thedork_knight"] did you state it had a good year but no GOTY? which reads the games where good but not as good as a GOTY, so your discounting the quality of all other games over journey. so then going by the quality of the ps3 exclusives this year must mean that you didnt actually play anythig this year but journey yes am jumping ship with my psn gamercard!!

Wow dude chill out - no Xbox game was of a high enough quality to win goty it's time to get over it

you can say that but still had a better quality line up of games during 2012! Gears was GOTY for 360 before being ported over to the pc
#19 Posted by delta3074 (17798 posts) -
[QUOTE="joel_c17"][QUOTE="thedork_knight"][QUOTE="joel_c17"] Wow dude chill out - no Xbox game was of a high enough quality to win goty it's time to get over it
[QUOTE="joel_c17"]History? delta3074

Mate did I say 3rd parties stopped supporting it or did I say MS stopped supporting it? I can't remember any of MS studios releasing any games for it. And they had to keep fulfilling warranty needs - I'm sure if they dishonoured their warranty they would b in trouble.

they didn't have to keep xox live support going until 2010 but they did, theres a lot more to supporting a console than just releasing games on it, Bottom line i sthat they didn't stop supporting it did they?
#20 Posted by BPoole96 (22784 posts) -

Probably playing games. They actually have them to play since you couldn't experience all that the 360 had to offer last year in 90 minutes like you could with PS3

#21 Posted by BlbecekBobecek (2685 posts) -

if i remember the 360 actually won last year in high scoring Exclusives.delta3074

You accidentaly used plural in that sentence. :|

#22 Posted by razgriz_101 (16871 posts) -

47t2114508.jpg

#23 Posted by razgriz_101 (16871 posts) -

[QUOTE="delta3074"] if i remember the 360 actually won last year in high scoring Exclusives.BlbecekBobecek

You accidentaly used plural in that sentence. :|

there was a few though, Forza horizon and the one which caused more monumental butthurt than twilight princess the game we know as Fable the journey.Both scored higher than PS3 retail exclusives last year iirc.

#24 Posted by sts106mat (18885 posts) -
Personally I am too busy playing halo 4, assassins creed 3, dragonborn, hitman and forza to be bothered wasting much time debating nonsense.
#25 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7297 posts) -
[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="thedork_knight"][QUOTE="joel_c17"] Wow way to misquote. I said it had a good year - are you here to jump ship sir?

Thedork-knight is correct though or at least the way he took what the other guy said I took it the same way.
#26 Posted by razgriz_101 (16871 posts) -
Personally I am too busy playing halo 4, assassins creed 3, dragonborn, hitman and forza to be bothered wasting much time debating nonsense.sts106mat
now prepare for the onslaught of lol b-b-b--but those are multiplats from people like TC. Between me working backshift,band commitments and general gaming now i find i only get a couple hours here and there now.
#27 Posted by rilpas (8222 posts) -
well, this thread sure backfired on the TC
#28 Posted by razgriz_101 (16871 posts) -
well, this thread sure backfired on the TCrilpas
his threads always do, they usually end up locked and target lems specifically in baiting people with what one would consider one of the most pisspoor trolling attempts known to sw.
#29 Posted by PAL360 (26651 posts) -

Probably playing games? Personaly, i can't stop playing Halo 4 and Minecraft.

#30 Posted by thedork_knight (866 posts) -
[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"][QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="thedork_knight"] did you state it had a good year but no GOTY? which reads the games where good but not as good as a GOTY, so your discounting the quality of all other games over journey. so then going by the quality of the ps3 exclusives this year must mean that you didnt actually play anythig this year but journey yes am jumping ship with my psn gamercard!!

Thedork-knight is correct though or at least the way he took what the other guy said I took it the same way.

thanks:D at least we can see through what the TC was trying to get at
#31 Posted by Cheleman (7616 posts) -

After this thread? Hopefully heaven:P

#32 Posted by sts106mat (18885 posts) -
[QUOTE="sts106mat"]Personally I am too busy playing halo 4, assassins creed 3, dragonborn, hitman and forza to be bothered wasting much time debating nonsense.razgriz_101
now prepare for the onslaught of lol b-b-b--but those are multiplats from people like TC. Between me working backshift,band commitments and general gaming now i find i only get a couple hours here and there now.

yeah I've changed jobs too which means I have very little time in the day now. I rarely go on web at night
#33 Posted by Duckyindiana (2288 posts) -

Cheleman
What a thread that states an analyst and not official numbers the claim the PS3 is in the lead, you cows will grasp at anything you can get!
#34 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7297 posts) -

Cheleman
Ya such a reliable source for that thread. Look at their other prediction
#35 Posted by delta3074 (17798 posts) -

Cheleman
You mean this article http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/01/10/report-ps3-surpasses-xbox-360s-worldwide-shipped-total 'Its also important to note that its unclear if these numbers were garnered straight from sources at Sony and Microsoft, or are part of IDCs overall forecast.' Nobody even knows A) where the figures came from B)n whether its sales figures or just a forcast, as its a forcast company i am inclined to go with the latter.
#36 Posted by PAL360 (26651 posts) -

Cheleman

Only cows would feed a lie for 95 pages :lol:

There's a reason for you guys to have the reputation you have :P

#37 Posted by VendettaRed07 (13998 posts) -

They went when microsoft stopped caring about making new real games.

Like, Halo, Gears forza, Thats great!. Those series are just great.. But they HAVE to add some variety ON TOP OF THAT. Just relying on those is gonna murder those series. You need breaks. We need to wait a couple years before we get a new one. a new halo or gears every 1 to 2 years is just too short.

#38 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (3960 posts) -

More chance of Sony abandoning support for PS3.

X360 is easy to port to. much easier to develop for and Nvidia aren't on board to screw things up.

PS3 on the othe hand, complicated hardware, expensive development, Nvidia on board ;).

MS have put themselves in a good position, I also expect to be able to fully migrate most 360 content that's offline and online to the 720.

PS4 will likely have no BC outside of using Gaikai and I predict only your profile is going with you to your next PS console.

#39 Posted by joel_c17 (2826 posts) -

They went when microsoft stopped caring about making new real games.

Like, Halo, Gears forza, Thats great!. Those series are just great.. But they HAVE to add some variety ON TOP OF THAT. Just relying on those is gonna murder those series. You need breaks. We need to wait a couple years before we get a new one. a new halo or gears every 1 to 2 years is just too short.

VendettaRed07
They do love milking the big 3. I would wager at least 1 or two new IPs next gen. But why would they bother? Seems those 3 sell really well and most of their attempts at new IPs didn't work out so well (Alan wake/too human) but that's the reason my Xbox doesn't get touched - play all 3rd parties on my pc and gears of war really put me off after #2 and I hate racing games and halo doesn't do it for me.
#40 Posted by Cheleman (7616 posts) -

Duckyindiana

CanYouDiglt

delta3074

PAL360

OMG! Thank goodness you guys are ok, I feared the worst:(

I'm glad you guys didn't do it. There's much more to life than just sales:)

#41 Posted by PAL360 (26651 posts) -

Cheleman

Hehe...

Anyway, i don't think lems are anywhere worried about sales as cows are! Wasn't that 'PS3 finaly surpassed 360' thread created by a Sony fanboy?

360 wasn't supposed to sell more than 20 million units, afterall :P

#42 Posted by AmnesiaHaze (5683 posts) -

[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

PAL360

Hehe...

Anyway, i don't think lems are anywhere worried about sales as cows are! Wasn't that 'PS3 finaly surpassed 360' thread created by a Sony fanboy?

360 wasn't supposed to sell more than 20 million units, afterall :P

but it was always the wii and 360 fanboys claiming victory over sales and it backfired on the 360 fanboys , it wouldnt make sense if a 360 fanboy would make a thread about his device being pushed to last place anyways sales are irelevant for me , its just a excuse for a argument when there is nothing to brag about in the games department
#43 Posted by PAL360 (26651 posts) -

but it was always the wii and 360 fanboys claiming victory over sales and it backfired on the 360 fanboys , it wouldnt make sense if a 360 fanboy would make a thread about his device being pushed to last place anyways sales are irelevant for me , its just a excuse for a argument when there is nothing to brag about in the games departmentAmnesiaHaze

True, but let's be fair here. Nintendo and MS fanbase claimed victory because, unlike last generation, their systems actualy succeded! What exactly did Sony achieved, compared to what it was supposed to, to justify 95 pages of a thread that's not even reliable?

But yeah, sales should be the last of our (gamers) concerns.

#44 Posted by hippiesanta (9767 posts) -
most of them got RROD and felt ashame to admit it
#45 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

Oh Chele.

You so cwazy :oops:

#46 Posted by Cheleman (7616 posts) -

Oh Chele.

You so cwazy :oops:

Sagem28

:P

#47 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -
From what i remember. The biggest faction of Fanboys has always been The Cows.
#48 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27327 posts) -
what lack of games? if i remember the 360 actually won last year in high scoring Exclusives.delta3074
*points to sig* even though its missing the last PC AA of 2012 I think its pretty clear who won :P
#49 Posted by Masenkoe (4888 posts) -

[QUOTE="delta3074"]what lack of games? if i remember the 360 actually won last year in high scoring Exclusives.blue_hazy_basic
*points to sig* even though its missing the last PC AA of 2012 I think its pretty clear who won :P

b..bb...but teh peecee sux ass d00d ellelel

#50 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="delta3074"]what lack of games? if i remember the 360 actually won last year in high scoring Exclusives.Masenkoe

b..bb...but teh peecee sux ass d00d ellelel

ikr?? peecee screeens is tiny and keybored sux.