When will the PS3 stop ruining my ports?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Stonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Stonin
Member since 2006 • 3021 Posts

It really is beggining to annoy me.  If it is ported from the PS3 then it will be stuck within the limitations of that system and not designed to use the 360's full potential. If it is a multiplat then it has to be dragged down to the PS3's level.  Oh we will see better framerates, crisper textures and shorter load times on our versions but it still sucks to know the game could have been better if it wasn't for Sony.

People will now grasp at straws and talk about Oblivion.  They will forget about other multiplats, forget about the 360 graphical update, forget about the year of extra development time, forget about the lack of DLC and forget about the lack of an expac and then tell you it's showing off the power of their machine /rofl. 

So do we have to be dragged back for the whole generation just because Sony couldn't get its act together? 

Kekira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Kekira
Member since 2007 • 2128 Posts
What year of extra development time? Didn't the devs just get the finally development kits a month or two before the Japan and NA launches?
Stonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Stonin
What year of extra development time? Didn't the devs just get the finally development kits a month or two before the Japan and NA launches?Kekira
lol nope. If that was the case then there would have been no games at launch at all.
SuperKnightX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SuperKnightX
Member since 2007 • 402 Posts
ps3 is clearly more powerful than X360 but they work differently...ps3 being harder to dev for. /thread.
-DreamTheater-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 -DreamTheater-
Member since 2006 • 785 Posts
I totally agree. For example with GTAIV, they are going to have to make the game smaller for the Xbox 360 because Blu-Ray can't hold as much info as a DVD :?
Stonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Stonin
I totally agree. For example with GTAIV, they are going to have to make the game smaller for the Xbox 360 because Blu-Ray can't hold as much info as a DVD :?-DreamTheater-
That is an oxymoron delivered in a sarcastic way whereas my post is telling you how it really is. Show me one shred of proof that the PS3 is capable of more than the 360...because I can show you about 10 reasons that say it isn't.
Stonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Stonin
[QUOTE="SuperKnightX"]ps3 is clearly more powerful than X360 but they work differently...ps3 being harder to dev for. /thread.

Yay, another Sony console that will be outdated before showing its 'true potential' .... smacks of the PS2 if you ask me.
Etherninty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Etherninty
Member since 2006 • 1678 Posts
This is what happens when a system such as the PS3 is barely programmable. Developers can be good but they are not god.
SuperKnightX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SuperKnightX
[QUOTE="-DreamTheater-"]I totally agree. For example with GTAIV, they are going to have to make the game smaller for the Xbox 360 because Blu-Ray can't hold as much info as a DVD :?Stonin
That is an oxymoron delivered in a sarcastic way whereas my post is telling you how it really is. Show me one shred of proof that the PS3 is capable of more than the 360...because I can show you about 10 reasons that say it isn't.

John Carmack, Tomonobu Itagaki and many others agree that PS3 is more powerful than X360 but its harder to dev for but as experienced devs they enjoy the challenge plus its kinda obvious if you look at the specs lol You have been pwn3d by devs. No damage control needed. bye
Stonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Stonin
[QUOTE="Stonin"][QUOTE="-DreamTheater-"]I totally agree. For example with GTAIV, they are going to have to make the game smaller for the Xbox 360 because Blu-Ray can't hold as much info as a DVD :?SuperKnightX

John Carmack, Tomonobu Itagaki and many others agree that PS3 is more powerful than X360 but its harder to dev for but as experienced devs they enjoy the challenge plus its kinda obvious if you look at the specs lol You have been pwn3d by devs. No damage control needed. bye

Links please. Even if they are right that means we have to suffer crappy ports from the PS3 while everyone tries to figure out Sony's unfathomable dev tools right? Great!
SuperKnightX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SuperKnightX

[QUOTE="SuperKnightX"][QUOTE="Stonin"][QUOTE="-DreamTheater-"]I totally agree. For example with GTAIV, they are going to have to make the game smaller for the Xbox 360 because Blu-Ray can't hold as much info as a DVD :?Stonin

Links please. Even if they are right that means we have to suffer crappy ports from the PS3 while everyone tries to figure out Sony's unfathomable dev tools right? Great!

Carmack: http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=50983

Itagaki: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.gamekult.com/articles/A0000051337/&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.gamekult.com/articles/A0000051337/%26hl%3Den%26hs%3DmxI%26lr%3D%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB:eek:fficial_s%26sa%3DG

PlayStation 3 is a little more powerful, but as can be to it a console which leaves one year after another. They have both of qualities and the inherent defects. PlayStation 3 is "obstinate", but I am it also, therefore finally it is not awkward! (laughter) the true gross difference here, they is that the PS3 is Japanese, therefore the Japanese prefer the PS3 generally.

There ya go

No damage control please ty

elementz28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 elementz28
Member since 2007 • 1829 Posts
um the only system that holdin down games is the 360..ps3 is much more poweful system it has the cell and rsx..and the blue ray disk for space..xbox360 is unreliable piece of hardware and cheap...just look at oblivion the ps3 version is just bettter..lemmings should be really afraid when more upcomin mulitplatform games  will score higher for the PS3.also for some reason the xbox360 games is always so dark!!
Stonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Stonin
um the only system that holdin down games is the 360..ps3 is much more poweful system it has the cell and rsx..and the blue ray disk for space..xbox360 is unreliable piece of hardware and cheap...just look at oblivion the ps3 version is just bettter..lemmings should be really afraid when more upcomin mulitplatform games will score higher for the PS3.also for some reason the xbox360 games is always so dark!! elementz28
Umm did you even read my post? Guess it was too much for you.
elementz28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 elementz28

[QUOTE="Stonin"][QUOTE="SuperKnightX"][QUOTE="Stonin"][QUOTE="-DreamTheater-"]I totally agree. For example with GTAIV, they are going to have to make the game smaller for the Xbox 360 because Blu-Ray can't hold as much info as a DVD :?SuperKnightX

Itagaki: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.gamekult.com/articles/A0000051337/&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.gamekult.com/articles/A0000051337/%26hl%3Den%26hs%3DmxI%26lr%3D%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB:eek:fficial_s%26sa%3DG

PlayStation 3 is a little more powerful, but as can be to it a console which leaves one year after another. They have both of qualities and the inherent defects. PlayStation 3 is "obstinate", but I am it also, therefore finally it is not awkward! (laughter) the true gross difference here, they is that the PS3 is Japanese, therefore the Japanese prefer the PS3 generally.

There ya go

exactly there is many developers who said the ps3 is more powerful..i dont listen to lemming here that say their 360 is better and all this none sense..lol..

Stonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Stonin

[QUOTE="Stonin"][QUOTE="SuperKnightX"][QUOTE="Stonin"][QUOTE="-DreamTheater-"]I totally agree. For example with GTAIV, they are going to have to make the game smaller for the Xbox 360 because Blu-Ray can't hold as much info as a DVD :?SuperKnightX

There ya go

No damage control needed here fella. I could go ahead and post comments from the creator of the Half-Life series about just how rubbish the PS3 is but just like other developers comments, it is meaningless as they all tend to have loyalties lying one way or another. What speaks volumes are the games...all of which are better on the 360 so far.
SuperKnightX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SuperKnightX
[QUOTE="SuperKnightX"]

[QUOTE="Stonin"][QUOTE="SuperKnightX"][QUOTE="Stonin"][QUOTE="-DreamTheater-"]I totally agree. For example with GTAIV, they are going to have to make the game smaller for the Xbox 360 because Blu-Ray can't hold as much info as a DVD :?Stonin

There ya go

No damage control needed here fella. I could go ahead and post comments from the creator of the Half-Life series about just how rubbish the PS3 is but just like other developers comments, it is meaningless as they all tend to have loyalties lying one way or another. What speaks volumes are the games...all of which are better on the 360 so far.

and the creator of half-life knows what about the PS3? I listed 2 devs that are actually working on PS3.

I could show you 360 launch area games like gun, enchant arms etc and say that is proof of 360 graphics but i'm not an idiot...I know it takes devs time to get used to hardware.

Therefore, from what the experienced devs I listed said and from specs, PS3 is more powerful than X360

games like HS and lair show it already. draw distances of miles and very sweet graphics with lair at 1080p lol

Avatar image for GermanShepard06
GermanShepard06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GermanShepard06
Member since 2006 • 3285 Posts

NG: Sigma might end up looking better than NG2 on x360.

Stonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Stonin
[QUOTE="Stonin"][QUOTE="SuperKnightX"]

There ya go

and the creator of half-life knows what about the PS3? I listed 2 devs that are actually working on PS3.

I could show you 360 launch area games like gun, enchant arms etc and say that is proof of 360 graphics but i'm not an idiot...I know it takes devs time to get used to hardware.

Therefore, from what the experienced devs I listed said and from specs, PS3 is more powerful than X360

games like HS and lair show it already. draw distances of miles and very sweet graphics with lair at 1080p lol

Games like Lair and Heavenly Sword show me absolutely nothing that the 360 isn't capable of. In fact, since those games aren't even released, we have no idea how 'sweet' they will turn out to be. It still stands that no matter who says what about what the proof of the pudding is in the playing and the 360 currently trounces anything the PS3 has to offer, period. Now maybe a couple of devs will work around the crappy Sony tools and pull something out of the bag, but given the weaker GPU and lack of unified memory I would suggest that isn't the case. However the PS3 will always be better at creating AI for a 1000 chickens.
SuperKnightX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SuperKnightX

Also, why are all the great looking games on X360 using Unreal Engine 3.0??

Games that are not using it such as Halo3 and Forza don't look very impressive at all

SuperKnightX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SuperKnightX
[QUOTE="SuperKnightX"][QUOTE="Stonin"][QUOTE="SuperKnightX"]

[QUOTE="Stonin"][QUOTE="SuperKnightX"][QUOTE="Stonin"][QUOTE="-DreamTheater-"]I totally agree. For example with GTAIV, they are going to have to make the game smaller for the Xbox 360 because Blu-Ray can't hold as much info as a DVD :?Stonin

There ya go

Games like Lair and Heavenly Sword show me absolutely nothing that the 360 isn't capable of. In fact, since those games aren't even released, we have no idea how 'sweet' they will turn out to be. It still stands that no matter who says what about what the proof of the pudding is in the playing and the 360 currently trounces anything the PS3 has to offer, period. Now maybe a couple of devs will work around the crappy Sony tools and pull something out of the bag, but given the weaker GPU and lack of unified memory I would suggest that isn't the case. However the PS3 will always be better at creating AI for a 1000 chickens.

:lol: denial now?? The PS3 is more powerful than the X360. get over it X360 got its first good looking game: GeOW a freakin' YEAR LATER! HS and Lair come out in a matter of months
elementz28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 elementz28
[QUOTE="Stonin"][QUOTE="SuperKnightX"][QUOTE="Stonin"][QUOTE="SuperKnightX"]

There ya go

:lol: denial now?? The PS3 is more powerful than the X360. get over it X360 got its first good looking game: GeOW are freakin' YEAR LATER! HS and Lair come out in a matter of months

they are fanboy..the 360 is more powerful only in their dreams..thats why its so cheap ..lol...and the lifespan  for their hardware is only a few months..

Stonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Stonin
[QUOTE="Stonin"][QUOTE="SuperKnightX"][QUOTE="Stonin"][QUOTE="SuperKnightX"]

There ya go

:lol: denial now?? The PS3 is more powerful than the X360. get over it X360 got its first good looking game: GeOW a freakin' YEAR LATER! HS and Lair come out in a matter of months

I hate to point it out but the PS3 has been available for 5 months now and by the time those games release i'm betting it will be nearly a year.... As to your comments about Forza 2....well it looks pretty awesome to me from the latest build and with everything going on under the hood, so to speak, I think it's pretty impressive for a console of any kind. Don't go showing me screenshots of GT-HD either, we all know that one car, no damage physics, wrap around backgrounds and PS2 grass is nothing to be proud of.
SuperKnightX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SuperKnightX
[QUOTE="SuperKnightX"][QUOTE="Stonin"][QUOTE="SuperKnightX"][QUOTE="Stonin"][QUOTE="SuperKnightX"]

There ya go

I hate to point it out but the PS3 has been available for 5 months now and by the time those games release i'm betting it will be nearly a year.... As to your comments about Forza 2....well it looks pretty awesome to me from the latest build and with everything going on under the hood, so to speak, I think it's pretty impressive for a console of any kind. Don't go showing me screenshots of GT-HD either, we all know that one car, no damage physics, wrap around backgrounds and PS2 grass is nothing to be proud of.

damage control..

bye.

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts

[QUOTE="SuperKnightX"][QUOTE="Stonin"][QUOTE="-DreamTheater-"]I totally agree. For example with GTAIV, they are going to have to make the game smaller for the Xbox 360 because Blu-Ray can't hold as much info as a DVD :?Stonin

Another boring post made about thigns you dont really understand or nor do I for that matter, its harder yes, but who said anything about it being very very difficult?

Grand Theft Auto 4 will be tonned down? Highly doubt it, and even if it was slightly, GTA San Andreas was freaking amazing - long and had loads of features, even if they only slightly improve the whole scale of GTA 4 over San Andreas then I'd be personally satisfied.

Blaming PS3 ... fer gods sake, if anything it would be limited by the "Average" PC system.

venture00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 venture00
Member since 2004 • 1060 Posts

Why cows dont post all what carmack said?

So says John Carmack, the legendary programmer of the Doom and Quake series, in an intriguing interview with Buzzscope. Though Carmack expresses a "preference" for the Xbox 360's CPU design, he admits that the PS3 "will have a bit more peak power."

Sony fans shouldn't break out the champagne just yet, however, as Carmack notes that "it will be easier to exploit the available power on the 360."

So basically he said that the ps3 processor is a bit more powerfull than the xbox360 one, and we know that xbox360 GPU its a lot better than the RSX and the Cell processor's better than the x360 processor, and those talking about Lair and HS how long have those games been in development? More than a year son u can't say anything about that.

So we know that

Xenos>>>>>RSX
Cell>>>>>Xenon

dcm06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 dcm06
Member since 2005 • 2411 Posts
lol bashing eachothers consoles and games thats childish. my ps3 is betta cause it shinier oh no my 360 is better cause its smaller lol. thats stupid.
Avatar image for GermanShepard06
GermanShepard06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GermanShepard06
Member since 2006 • 3285 Posts
nothing on x360 matches the overall graphical output from motorstorm on ps3.
venture00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 venture00
Member since 2004 • 1060 Posts
nothing on x360 matches the overall graphical output from motorstorm on ps3.GermanShepard06
Says that one of the biggest troll/cow from system wars
Stonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Stonin
[QUOTE="Stonin"][QUOTE="SuperKnightX"][QUOTE="Stonin"][QUOTE="SuperKnightX"][QUOTE="Stonin"][QUOTE="SuperKnightX"]

There ya go

damage control..

bye.

Hah, lack of any valid arguement from you has you running from my thread. Consider yourself owned, and doubly so if you return to this thread. Bye!
Stonin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Stonin
lol bashing eachothers consoles and games thats childish. my ps3 is betta cause it shinier oh no my 360 is better cause its smaller lol. thats stupid. dcm06
Then why are you in system WARS?
kvnmitnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kvnmitnick
Member since 2004 • 148 Posts

It really is beggining to annoy me.  If it is ported from the PS3 then it will be stuck within the limitations of that system and not designed to use the 360's full potential. If it is a multiplat then it has to be dragged down to the PS3's level.  Oh we will see better framerates, crisper textures and shorter load times on our versions but it still sucks to know the game could have been better if it wasn't for Sony.

People will now grasp at straws and talk about Oblivion.  They will forget about other multiplats, forget about the 360 graphical update, forget about the year of extra development time, forget about the lack of DLC and forget about the lack of an expac and then tell you it's showing off the power of their machine /rofl. 

So do we have to be dragged back for the whole generation just because Sony couldn't get its act together? 

Stonin
Actually the games are being ported from xbox 360 to ps3, so if you have the xbox version then why complaining? Once the devs get used to the machine and with the help of the tools sony's making, I believe that multiplat games will look gr8 on both systems. And stop making tantrums.
kvnmitnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kvnmitnick
Member since 2004 • 148 Posts

Why cows dont post all what carmack said?

So says John Carmack, the legendary programmer of the Doom and Quake series, in an intriguing interview with Buzzscope. Though Carmack expresses a "preference" for the Xbox 360's CPU design, he admits that the PS3 "will have a bit more peak power."

Sony fans shouldn't break out the champagne just yet, however, as Carmack notes that "it will be easier to exploit the available power on the 360."

So basically he said that the ps3 processor is a bit more powerfull than the xbox360 one, and we know that xbox360 GPU its a lot better than the RSX and the Cell processor's better than the x360 processor, and those talking about Lair and HS how long have those games been in development? More than a year son u can't say anything about that.

So we know that

Xenos>>>>>RSX
Cell>>>>>Xenon

venture00
We know the Xbox GPU is a lot better than RSX?? No. Oh well, surely not you.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts
Blu Ray, if anyone is holding back this gen it´s xbox, imagine if xbox had blu ray, games would be much better on both systems, but you probably don´t understand that do u.
Avatar image for thirstychainsaw
thirstychainsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 thirstychainsaw
Member since 2007 • 3761 Posts

Blu Ray, if anyone is holding back this gen it´s xbox, imagine if xbox had blu ray, games would be much better on both systems, but you probably don´t understand that do u.Eddie-Vedder

How would games be better on Blu-Ray instead of a DVD :|

According to you, PC games are crap since they're on CDs on DVDs.

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]Blu Ray, if anyone is holding back this gen it´s xbox, imagine if xbox had blu ray, games would be much better on both systems, but you probably don´t understand that do u.thirstychainsaw

I didn´t say games on dvd´s and on cd´s are crap, I said if they were made with blu ray they would most likely be better cause the dev would have much more room to play with, the game would have a really good chance of having more information, to me it really seems clear it would benefit all gamers. 

Avatar image for thirstychainsaw
thirstychainsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 thirstychainsaw
Member since 2007 • 3761 Posts
[QUOTE="thirstychainsaw"]

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]Blu Ray, if anyone is holding back this gen it´s xbox, imagine if xbox had blu ray, games would be much better on both systems, but you probably don´t understand that do u.Eddie-Vedder

I didn´t say games on dvd´s and on cd´s are crap, I said if they were made with blu ray they would most likely be better cause the dev would have much more room to play with, the game would have a really good chance of having more information, to me it really seems clear it would benefit all gamers.

Beacuse the developer would go out of their way to make a 50GB game?

Look at Motorstorm, it has what? 10 tracks? No offline multiplayer? Yeah I see how Blu-Ray really made that game better.

SuperKnightX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SuperKnightX
[QUOTE="SuperKnightX"][QUOTE="Stonin"][QUOTE="SuperKnightX"][QUOTE="Stonin"][QUOTE="SuperKnightX"][QUOTE="Stonin"][QUOTE="SuperKnightX"]

There ya go

damage control..

bye.

Hah, lack of any valid arguement from you has you running from my thread. Consider yourself owned, and doubly so if you return to this thread. Bye!

Anyone notice how I'm the only person who provided links and proof. You can't argue, you have self-owned yourself kid. Your thread fails.

Fission Mailed.

SuperKnightX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SuperKnightX
[QUOTE="Stonin"]

kvnmitnick

Actually the games are being ported from xbox 360 to ps3, so if you have the xbox version then why complaining? Once the devs get used to the machine and with the help of the tools sony's making, I believe that multiplat games will look gr8 on both systems. And stop making tantrums.

BINGO!

/thread.

Ragashahs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Ragashahs
Member since 2005 • 8785 Posts
PS3 isn't ruining ports it just devs are don't want to remake their games for PS3. if your want to port a game for PS3 your have to remake most of it but devs are too lazy. look at oblivion on PS3 they remade it for PS3 and its just as good 360's version. if devs take time they would be better
m0rphl1ng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 m0rphl1ng
Member since 2005 • 565 Posts
[QUOTE="SuperKnightX"]

There ya go

Itagaki makes almost all of his games on the XBOX platform, so why would he be biased when he says that the PS3 is slightly more powerful?