When will people admit Xbox exclusives are childish?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by BattlefieldFan1 (846 posts) -

So Adam Sessler reviewed RYSE and claimed that game felt like it was written by a 12-year-old because it was so immature and unsophisticated that it made him lose half his brain cells.

As a 360 owner for this gen, I felt like a lot of my exclusives were childish, but no reviewer until now called MS out for their crap writing. I'm glad a few game reviewers have some modicum of integrity to admit that MS is far from perfect and their games are inferior to SONY's.

#2 Edited by sandbox3d (5111 posts) -

I know right? Almost as childish as arguing about games on the internet.

Yet here we are.

#3 Posted by nervmeister (15179 posts) -

@BattlefieldFan1: I'm sure everyone will soon admit that your opinion alone equals fact.**coughsarcasmcough***

#4 Edited by MrXboxOne (742 posts) -

So Adam Sessler reviewed RYSE and claimed that game felt like it was written by a 12-year-old because it was so immature and unsophisticated that it made him lose half his brain cells.

As a 360 owner for this gen, I felt like a lot of my exclusives were childish, but no reviewer until now called MS out for their crap writing. I'm glad a few game reviewers have some modicum of integrity to admit that MS is far from perfect and their games are inferior to SONY's.

does this have anything to do with Xbox One exclusives scoring better? lol

#5 Posted by Lucianu (9349 posts) -

That's funny, most games that aren't minimalistic with their story feel like a 5 - 12 year old wrote them.

#6 Edited by soulitane (13429 posts) -

Like pretty much every other game out there.

#7 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10143 posts) -

if u put logic with console gamers. than there would be no consoles or console gamers at all...

#8 Edited by PS360Wii4eva (297 posts) -

We need more Deus Ex, L.A. Noire, TLOU stories.

The Walking Dead sucked

#9 Edited by mems_1224 (46485 posts) -

if u put logic with console gamers. than there would be no consoles or console gamers at all...

sniper says some gibberish about logic but can't even form a coherent sentence. makes sense.

#10 Edited by HalcyonScarlet (4021 posts) -

lol, cows are so pretentious. So easily impressed with clichéd emo filled nonsense which most games with any real story are anyway.

#11 Posted by bumsonfire (225 posts) -

Worst opinion bro. I dont think games with 100+ slaughtering combos such as Ryse is childish. Plus a serious racing game (Forza) and a badass Zombie game where you can litterally put a flamethrower on your Penis and burn the living day lights out of Zombies (Dead Rising 3). Yep, spleechless. You need to stay up to date with all of the games. Plus Titanfall and Halo are intense shooters, also Xbox exclusives.

AXED!@

#13 Posted by Midnightshade29 (5260 posts) -

We need more Deus Ex, L.A. Noire, TLOU stories.

The Walking Dead sucked

I will agree with your first part, but you are wrong about the walking dead...its amazing (the tell tale game at least) and the show and comics!

#14 Posted by Midnightshade29 (5260 posts) -

Worst opinion bro. I dont think games with 100+ slaughtering combos such as Ryse is childish. Plus a serious racing game (Forza) and a badass Zombie game where you can litterally put a flamethrower on your Penis and burn the living day lights out of Zombies (Dead Rising 3). Yep, spleechless. You need to stay up to date with all of the games. Plus Titanfall and Halo are intense shooters, also Xbox exclusives.

AXED!@

A flamethrower penis is the most juvenile thing I have heard of, and the people who would like that.. welll... 13 year olds or fratboy "Bro" gamers who like to "Tea bag" in real life... oh right, the xbox fanboys.... perfect game for them...lol

#15 Edited by CloudStrife213 (423 posts) -

Another thread from this troll. He needs his daily fix of Xbox bashing to make him feel better about his pathetic life.

He is so insecure about the PS4 that he needs to bash the Xbox and discuss it with people hoping others will agree with him so he will be reassured of his console of choice.

This guy has insecurity written all over him.

#16 Edited by Caseytappy (2131 posts) -

@locopatho said:

When you get cancer and die.

What the Hell ???

#17 Posted by locopatho (20177 posts) -

@locopatho said:

When you get cancer and die.

What the Hell ???

I'm testing a theory. I think he'd happily die if it made Xbox look slightly worse. Lets see :D

#18 Posted by RimacBugatti (1191 posts) -

The only thing that Xbox One overall has to work on is getting more exclusives. The exclusives they have are great but they need more to keep up with PS4. Ryse is something that we haven't seen before so different it is but childish it isn't. Forza 5 is definitely by far the best that we have seen so far being that we haven't seen Driveclub. Dead Rising 3 looks like a blast of entertainment but we have to work on that framerate. Now PS4 has childish games in addition to awesome games. We must have some games for the kids even though Nintendo for the most part takes care of that but It's nice to see a childish game on a real system as well. Crash Bandicoot which will be really fun to play.

#19 Posted by withe1982 (450 posts) -

@bumsonfire said:

AXED!@

A flamethrower penis is the most juvenile thing I have heard of, and the people who would like that.. welll... 13 year olds or fratboy "Bro" gamers who like to "Tea bag" in real life... oh right, the xbox fanboys.... perfect game for them...lol

Yeah thought it was quite ironic that a counter argument to childish games was "yeah but flame thrower penis". Lol Although if it was intentionally ironic then kudos... but i kinda doubt that.

#20 Edited by hoosier7 (3780 posts) -

AXED!@

I think you've missed the point. It's not about gore or violence, he's talking about story and mature themes, a load of gore doesn't make a game mature, if anything it often panders to that teenage audience. Ryse is just another game like Gears with a shallow, immature story. Titanfall is just CoD wrapped up in a new skin and CoD's well known for being pretty childish.

For example i'd say Journey is a pretty mature game yet has no gore, major violence and isn't a shooter and i'd say the same for a game like Shadow of the Colossus.

There's plenty to list on the PS3, Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls, MGS4, TLoU, Demon Souls even God of War has some more mature themes once you look into the story and that's just off the top of my head. With the Xbox is a bit tricky.

#21 Posted by bumsonfire (225 posts) -

@hoosier7: Now you're basically saying CoD is Childish simply because of its fanbase? I think thats where your'e getting it from. And just because you run around with a gun in Titanfall, doesn't automatically make it like CoD. Plus Titanfall has a completely different storyline, weapons, and the background its based in. There are HUGE mechs in a futuristic world. You can jump from wall to wall, fly jetpacks and squash other players, ALL ONLINE. So don'y say its Like CoD and don't say CoD is childish simply because of its fanbase. Yes there are many kids playing, but there are also a lot of teenagers and adults playing it aswell.

#22 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -

Can't be more childish than TC.

#23 Posted by jsmoke03 (12729 posts) -

I know right? Almost as childish as arguing about games on the internet.

Yet here we are.

this...and im wondering childish compared to what?

#24 Posted by hoosier7 (3780 posts) -

@hoosier7: Now you're basically saying CoD is Childish simply because of its fanbase? I think thats where your'e getting it from. And just because you run around with a gun in Titanfall, doesn't automatically make it like CoD. Plus Titanfall has a completely different storyline, weapons, and the background its based in. There are HUGE mechs in a futuristic world. You can jump from wall to wall, fly jetpacks and squash other players, ALL ONLINE. So don'y say its Like CoD and don't say CoD is childish simply because of its fanbase. Yes there are many kids playing, but there are also a lot of teenagers and adults playing it aswell.

Where did i say it was due to CoD's fanbase? It could be the fact that the story plays like a Michael Bay movie with ott sequences and predictable story lines with characters with next to no depth (though Captain Price was a good character when he was used).

I haven't looked at Titanfall's story but i'm sceptical it'll be anything more than an excuse to patch up the lack of a single player.

#25 Posted by MonsieurX (29474 posts) -

@rjdofu said:

Can't be more childish than TC.

#26 Posted by StormyJoe (4846 posts) -

Dude, you are a blind faith COW (you believe everything SOny says without question). Shut your fricken pie-hole.

Knack and Resogun are so mature? Whatever.

#27 Posted by AMD655 (4495 posts) -
#29 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7174 posts) -

Honestly, I find the majority of so-called "mature" games to be extremely childish. Most notably, the CoD series.

#30 Posted by Heil68 (43397 posts) -

I'm a Toys R Us kid though!!!!

#31 Edited by lundy86_4 (42978 posts) -

TC... Shut up.

#32 Edited by adamosmaki (9447 posts) -

indeed i mean look how sophisticated killzone and knack are. Deep evolving stories with a level of sophistication you need a certain level of smugness to enjoy

#33 Posted by ZombieKiller7 (6248 posts) -

indeed i mean look how sophisticated killzone and knack are. Deep evolving stories with a level of sophistication you need a certain level of smugness to enjoy

Compared to Halo and Gears, the story in Killzone is like reading Dostoyevski.