When was nintendo's peak?

  • 68 results
  • 1
  • 2
Edited 2 months, 20 days ago

Poll: When was nintendo's peak? (91 votes)

NES 10%
SNES/Gameboy 49%
N64/Gameboy color 16%
Gamecube/Gameboy Advance 7%
Wii/DS 14%
Current Day (Wii U/3DS) 3%

I'm interested in the division among nintendo fans and their favorite consoles.

inb4 this isn't a SW topic. It's just a civil war instead of a war against other factions.

#1 Posted by inb4uall (5096 posts) -

Personally I think it was the GC/GBA era. The GBA and Gamecube were BOTH amazing.

Anyway I made this because I find conversations among sheep very interesting. When you ask people what their favorite zelda, mario, metroid, or pokemon is you always get a wide spread of answers.

#2 Edited by AppleBeatsPC (46 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

Personally I think it was the GC/GBA era. The GBA and Gamecube were BOTH amazing.

Anyway I made this because I find conversations among sheep very interesting. When you ask people what their favorite zelda, mario, metroid, or pokemon is you always get a wide spread of answers.

It was a good era, but when Xbox came out it completely mopped up the floor and put the GC in 3rd place behind the PS2.. GBA was Okay

I feel N64 and GBC were both great. I to this day still play my N64 and my GBC still plays the same old great games.

Nintendo killed itself by not keeping up graphically, or through playing online.

#3 Edited by ConanTheStoner (4462 posts) -

Hmm, SNES was my favorite all time console, but the GBA was my favorite handheld.

Voting SNES/Gameboy.

SNES will always be it for me. Part nostalgia, part awesome sauce. Though it wasn't just Nintendos doing, sure they were on fire with their games, but so was all of their 3rd party partners. Squaresoft, Capcom, Konami, all operating at their peak. It was the Godsole of consoles.

Personal preference aside, Wii/DS was their real peak.

#4 Edited by inb4uall (5096 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

Personally I think it was the GC/GBA era. The GBA and Gamecube were BOTH amazing.

Anyway I made this because I find conversations among sheep very interesting. When you ask people what their favorite zelda, mario, metroid, or pokemon is you always get a wide spread of answers.

It was a good era, but when Xbox came out it completely mopped up the floor and put the GC in 3rd place behind the PS2.. GBA was Okay

I feel N64 and GBC were both great. I to this day still play my N64 and my GBC still plays the same old great games.

Nintendo killed itself by not keeping up graphically, or through playing online.

I'm talking more about library then sales. Because lets face it we're talking about the past. Sales only matter in the present because the more your system sells the more devs will be inclined to put their games on it. After news systems come out who really gives a crap? Library is what you judge past systems on.

#5 Edited by LordQuorthon (5242 posts) -

When Mario Kart Wii outsold GTA IV and every analyst/forum dweller's jaw dropped.

#6 Edited by AppleBeatsPC (46 posts) -

When Mario Kart Wii outsold GTA IV and every analyst/forum dweller's jaw dropped.

Because GTAIV came out on 3 platforms... Mario Kart appeals to kids 3+, so no one was surprised...or at least I wasn't.

#7 Edited by drekula2 (1880 posts) -

In quality, Gamecube era. In popularity, NES/SNES.

#8 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5055 posts) -

SNES.

#9 Edited by Wiimotefan (4062 posts) -

All out domination + the birth of many classic franchises + ushering in a new era of gaming. = NES

Pure bad ass console with the best aging library = SNES

3D gaming standard setter = N64

A few of the best games ever made with a few other gems here and there = GCN

Cash printer = Wii

I'm voting NES, but the SNES is still #1 for me.

#10 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (6560 posts) -

As a hardware developer, it was the Gamecube/GBA era. As a software developer, they have never been as good as they are today.

#11 Posted by mems_1224 (45713 posts) -

SNES was the peak. N64 was slightly below that and then Gamecube just shit all over our childhoods.

#12 Posted by santoron (7404 posts) -

Personal preference aside, Wii/DS was their real peak.

#13 Posted by MonsieurX (28613 posts) -

@LordQuorthon said:

When Mario Kart Wii outsold GTA IV and every analyst/forum dweller's jaw dropped.

Because GTAIV came out on 3 platforms... Mario Kart appeals to kids 3+, so no one was surprised...or at least I wasn't.

...your point?

#14 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16429 posts) -

SNES.

#15 Posted by stuff238 (610 posts) -

SNES followed closely by N64.

#16 Edited by KittenNose (357 posts) -

SNES. After that Nintendo went down it's "lets screw up the controller" path, and lost final fantasy. Since then it is a box you buy to play exclusives, and I don't really like Nintendo exclusives. Even if to this day I have a Pavlovian response to the announcement of a new Zelda game. Man I wish Nintendo wasn't so terrified of piracy.

#17 Edited by princeofshapeir (13587 posts) -

GameCube, hands-down their best console

#18 Edited by groowagon (2739 posts) -

lol someone actually voted current day and Wii. the day Nintendo abandoned gamers and made a console for your moms is the peak? really? ok.

SNES era easily. they dominated. N64 and Gamecube were good too, but they lost much ground for the rivals.

#19 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (24203 posts) -

lol someone actually voted current day and Wii. the day Nintendo abandoned gamers and made a console for your moms is the peak? really? ok.

SNES era easily. they dominated. N64 and Gamecube were good too, but they lost much ground for the rivals.

If you actually looked at what Nintendo makes. They've never Abandoned Gamers.

Gamers Abandoned Nintendo.

#20 Posted by groowagon (2739 posts) -

@groowagon said:

lol someone actually voted current day and Wii. the day Nintendo abandoned gamers and made a console for your moms is the peak? really? ok.

SNES era easily. they dominated. N64 and Gamecube were good too, but they lost much ground for the rivals.

If you actually looked at what Nintendo makes. They've never Abandoned Gamers.

Gamers Abandoned Nintendo.

i have been looking what nintendo makes. their IPs would be far better on a proper console than what they are on Wii. why do you think gamers abandoned nintendo?

#21 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (5879 posts) -

What's so civil about war anyway?

#22 Edited by scottpsfan14 (2166 posts) -

I would say their actual peak was Wii/DS in terms of success by far. But I have to say N64/GBC is their peak for me in terms of games and experience.

#23 Posted by AdobeArtist (22732 posts) -

Super Nintendo. And it isn't even a contest here.

#24 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (5879 posts) -

Personally I would say the Super Nintendo days with Gameboy.

As a company they peaked right before all the fad of the Wii died.

#25 Edited by Heirren (15961 posts) -

Super Nintendo. And it isn't even a contest here.

I'm not disagreeing, but Nintendo was the "IT" thing in entertainment amongst children during the 80s. Nintendo was literally everywhere you turned your head.

#26 Posted by Boddicker (2272 posts) -
#27 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (6560 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:
@groowagon said:

lol someone actually voted current day and Wii. the day Nintendo abandoned gamers and made a console for your moms is the peak? really? ok.

SNES era easily. they dominated. N64 and Gamecube were good too, but they lost much ground for the rivals.

If you actually looked at what Nintendo makes. They've never Abandoned Gamers.

Gamers Abandoned Nintendo.

i have been looking what nintendo makes. their IPs would be far better on a proper console than what they are on Wii. why do you think gamers abandoned nintendo?

Nintendo's games on the Wii as a collective are better than they are on any other console they have ever created. The Wii U is already nearly as good, and it's not even 2 years old. Yes, the hardware is underpowered, but they are cranking games out at a high rate, and most of those games are high quality.

#28 Edited by groowagon (2739 posts) -

@groowagon said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:
@groowagon said:

lol someone actually voted current day and Wii. the day Nintendo abandoned gamers and made a console for your moms is the peak? really? ok.

SNES era easily. they dominated. N64 and Gamecube were good too, but they lost much ground for the rivals.

If you actually looked at what Nintendo makes. They've never Abandoned Gamers.

Gamers Abandoned Nintendo.

i have been looking what nintendo makes. their IPs would be far better on a proper console than what they are on Wii. why do you think gamers abandoned nintendo?

Nintendo's games on the Wii as a collective are better than they are on any other console they have ever created. The Wii U is already nearly as good, and it's not even 2 years old. Yes, the hardware is underpowered, but they are cranking games out at a high rate, and most of those games are high quality.

seriously, what does Wii U have? nothing! Mario 3D is the only interesting game there at the moment imo. that's not much after 2 years...

#29 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (6560 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@groowagon said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:
@groowagon said:

lol someone actually voted current day and Wii. the day Nintendo abandoned gamers and made a console for your moms is the peak? really? ok.

SNES era easily. they dominated. N64 and Gamecube were good too, but they lost much ground for the rivals.

If you actually looked at what Nintendo makes. They've never Abandoned Gamers.

Gamers Abandoned Nintendo.

i have been looking what nintendo makes. their IPs would be far better on a proper console than what they are on Wii. why do you think gamers abandoned nintendo?

Nintendo's games on the Wii as a collective are better than they are on any other console they have ever created. The Wii U is already nearly as good, and it's not even 2 years old. Yes, the hardware is underpowered, but they are cranking games out at a high rate, and most of those games are high quality.

seriously, what does Wii U have? nothing! Mario 3D is the only interesting game there at the moment imo. that's not much after 2 years...

It has Nintendo's best 2D and 3D Mario games, its best Pikmin game, a remake of its best Zelda game, its best Donkey Kong game, and at the end of this month, it will have what appears to be a shoe-in for its best kart racing game.

From a first party development standpoint, that's pretty good production and quality for a young system.

#30 Edited by bforrester420 (996 posts) -

As a gamer, the SNES was Nintendo's apex in my opinion. I liked the N64 quite a bit, but it was lacking in software quantity and was overshadowed by the PS1. The Wii was the first Nintendo hardware I owned since the N64 and, for me, it was a waste of living room space.

#31 Edited by LJS9502_basic (149437 posts) -

Hmm.....Nintendo really only ruled through the NES era and to a degree the SNES era but their draconian exclusivity clauses were no longer able to hold other competitors at bay. Hell Sega gave them a run for their money with the Genesis. And then the Playstation happened.....big miscalculation on Nintendo's part their.....kind like seeing karma TBH....and while they are viable still....and I'm glad they still exist....they no longer lead.....except in the hand held market. That they do own.

#32 Edited by groowagon (2739 posts) -

@groowagon said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@groowagon said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:
@groowagon said:

lol someone actually voted current day and Wii. the day Nintendo abandoned gamers and made a console for your moms is the peak? really? ok.

SNES era easily. they dominated. N64 and Gamecube were good too, but they lost much ground for the rivals.

If you actually looked at what Nintendo makes. They've never Abandoned Gamers.

Gamers Abandoned Nintendo.

i have been looking what nintendo makes. their IPs would be far better on a proper console than what they are on Wii. why do you think gamers abandoned nintendo?

Nintendo's games on the Wii as a collective are better than they are on any other console they have ever created. The Wii U is already nearly as good, and it's not even 2 years old. Yes, the hardware is underpowered, but they are cranking games out at a high rate, and most of those games are high quality.

seriously, what does Wii U have? nothing! Mario 3D is the only interesting game there at the moment imo. that's not much after 2 years...

It has Nintendo's best 2D and 3D Mario games, its best Pikmin game, a remake of its best Zelda game, its best Donkey Kong game, and at the end of this month, it will have what appears to be a shoe-in for its best kart racing game.

From a first party development standpoint, that's pretty good production and quality for a young system.

like i said, i agree on Mario. Pikmin? well yeah, maybe, but it's not my cup of tea. Zelda? it's a remake... it doesn't count. played it already on cube. donkey kong? that's SNES stuff right there. good nostalgy trip, but far from today's standards. mario kart? sure, looks nice, to be honest.

i'm talking about stuff like Metroid Prime, Resident Evil 4, Wind Waker, Killer 7 and Eternal Darkness. that's all absent.

#33 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (6560 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@groowagon said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@groowagon said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:
@groowagon said:

lol someone actually voted current day and Wii. the day Nintendo abandoned gamers and made a console for your moms is the peak? really? ok.

SNES era easily. they dominated. N64 and Gamecube were good too, but they lost much ground for the rivals.

If you actually looked at what Nintendo makes. They've never Abandoned Gamers.

Gamers Abandoned Nintendo.

i have been looking what nintendo makes. their IPs would be far better on a proper console than what they are on Wii. why do you think gamers abandoned nintendo?

Nintendo's games on the Wii as a collective are better than they are on any other console they have ever created. The Wii U is already nearly as good, and it's not even 2 years old. Yes, the hardware is underpowered, but they are cranking games out at a high rate, and most of those games are high quality.

seriously, what does Wii U have? nothing! Mario 3D is the only interesting game there at the moment imo. that's not much after 2 years...

It has Nintendo's best 2D and 3D Mario games, its best Pikmin game, a remake of its best Zelda game, its best Donkey Kong game, and at the end of this month, it will have what appears to be a shoe-in for its best kart racing game.

From a first party development standpoint, that's pretty good production and quality for a young system.

like i said, i agree on Mario. Pikmin? well yeah, maybe, but it's not my cup of tea. Zelda? it's a remake... it doesn't count. played it already on cube. donkey kong? that's SNES stuff right there. good nostalgy trip, but far from today's standards. mario kart? sure, looks nice, to be honest.

i'm talking about stuff like Metroid Prime, Resident Evil 4, Wind Waker, Killer 7 and Eternal Darkness. that's all absent.

The console isn't even 2 years old yet. The content that they have already put out in such a short time span is pretty impressive. Also, we are talking about Nintendo as a whole, not just the Wii U. Look at what they have released on the 3DS over that same span.

#34 Posted by Heil68 (42552 posts) -

For me personally it was with the NES.

#35 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (6560 posts) -

Also,

lol someone actually voted current day and Wii. the day Nintendo abandoned gamers and made a console for your moms is the peak? really? ok.

SNES era easily. they dominated. N64 and Gamecube were good too, but they lost much ground for the rivals.

donkey kong? that's SNES stuff right there.

#36 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (24203 posts) -

@groowagon said:

(1) i have been looking what nintendo makes. their IPs would be far better on a proper console than what they are on Wii.

(2) why do you think gamers abandoned nintendo?

1. You could also say Gears of War would have faired better on a Playstation or Infamous could have easily done much better if it was on Xbox. Would Skyward Sword done much better if it was on a PS3 using Move instead of the Wii using Motion Plus? What would Donkey Kong look like if it was the 360? I'll tell you what it would have looked like, like Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze. Regardless of the Power of a console Nintendo's IPs would do well and look well and run well on whatever specs they have to offer, I mean just look at Pikmin 3.

2. I think your statement about Nintendo's IPs being better off on a "Proper" console should tell you everything why I think Gamers have abandoned Nintendo. I know Nintendo hasn't Abandoned Gamers because they got exclusive rights to Monster Hunter, They got Activision to Remake Goldeneye, They're pumped out games like Skyward Sword, The Last Story, Xenoblade, Pandora's Tower, Metroid Prime 3 (and rereleased 1&2 for the trilogy), Donkey Kong, and more recently they got Bayonetta 2 exclusively for WiiU and are holding a invitational Smash Bros. Tournament at E3 this year.

Nintendo has NEVER left the Gamer, They however expanded to cater to other audiences with games like Wiisports and Wiifit, but making those games does not mean they completely Abandoned the Gamer considering they continually give us games like Fire Emblem Awakening and Kid Icarus Uprising.

However despite all of this, the audience however has spoken, The 3DS is King and the WiiU is garbage, even after making gems like Pikmin 3 and Super Mario 3D World WiiU is still not a satisfying object for the Gamer. WiiU sales are worse than the Gamecube and that says a lot. Nintendo will continue to pump out those games the Hardcore will want like Smash Bros. and Zelda, and there's no doubt those games will be nothing short of Fantastic, but There is a lot of people just like you that will continue to have the misconception that Nintendo has abandoned the Gamer and will not buy a Nintendo product because the controller wasn't the same as the one from Previous generations.

and That's why I think the Gamer has Abandoned Nintendo, The Sales reflect on my Opinion as well.

like i said, i agree on Mario. Pikmin? well yeah, maybe, but it's not my cup of tea. Zelda? it's a remake... it doesn't count. played it already on cube. donkey kong? that's SNES stuff right there. good nostalgy trip, but far from today's standards. mario kart? sure, looks nice, to be honest.

i'm talking about stuff like Metroid Prime, Resident Evil 4, Wind Waker, Killer 7 and Eternal Darkness. that's all absent.

Wind Waker is there you ninny. We don't know if Nintendo is making a New Metroid. Eternal Darkness, Where were you when the developers asked for your help in their Kickstarters for the Second Game? Killer 7, that dude made No More Heroes on the Wii didn't he? and there's a Resident Evil on the WiiU.

If you're looking for legit awesome stuff for WiiU it's there, you just gotta get it.

Tekken Tag 2, Splinter Cell, Assassin's Creed 3 & 4, Res Revelations, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, ZombiU, Ninja Gaiden 3, Darksiders 2, etc... There's a bunch of legit amazing sauce games for the WiiU, But it's clear you don't want none of that, after all No one bought a upgraded Deus Ex Human Revolution for WiiU saying it's a rip off, but would CLEARLY buy a "Trees Now move and we ruined Lara's face" upgrade of Tomb Raider for PS4 and Xbone.

#37 Posted by groowagon (2739 posts) -

@groowagon said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@groowagon said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@groowagon said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:
@groowagon said:

lol someone actually voted current day and Wii. the day Nintendo abandoned gamers and made a console for your moms is the peak? really? ok.

SNES era easily. they dominated. N64 and Gamecube were good too, but they lost much ground for the rivals.

If you actually looked at what Nintendo makes. They've never Abandoned Gamers.

Gamers Abandoned Nintendo.

i have been looking what nintendo makes. their IPs would be far better on a proper console than what they are on Wii. why do you think gamers abandoned nintendo?

Nintendo's games on the Wii as a collective are better than they are on any other console they have ever created. The Wii U is already nearly as good, and it's not even 2 years old. Yes, the hardware is underpowered, but they are cranking games out at a high rate, and most of those games are high quality.

seriously, what does Wii U have? nothing! Mario 3D is the only interesting game there at the moment imo. that's not much after 2 years...

It has Nintendo's best 2D and 3D Mario games, its best Pikmin game, a remake of its best Zelda game, its best Donkey Kong game, and at the end of this month, it will have what appears to be a shoe-in for its best kart racing game.

From a first party development standpoint, that's pretty good production and quality for a young system.

like i said, i agree on Mario. Pikmin? well yeah, maybe, but it's not my cup of tea. Zelda? it's a remake... it doesn't count. played it already on cube. donkey kong? that's SNES stuff right there. good nostalgy trip, but far from today's standards. mario kart? sure, looks nice, to be honest.

i'm talking about stuff like Metroid Prime, Resident Evil 4, Wind Waker, Killer 7 and Eternal Darkness. that's all absent.

The console isn't even 2 years old yet. The content that they have already put out in such a short time span is pretty impressive. Also, we are talking about Nintendo as a whole, not just the Wii U. Look at what they have released on the 3DS over that same span.

i know, and there is X coming soon too. it's just that i think their new console should've been more competent hardware-wise, so that those great exclusives could've been even greater.

"graphics don't make a game" true, but that's not the point. Wii U as a console is simply underwhelming despite the fact that they have a good selection of great franchises on it.

#38 Posted by groowagon (2739 posts) -

Also,

@groowagon said:

lol someone actually voted current day and Wii. the day Nintendo abandoned gamers and made a console for your moms is the peak? really? ok.

SNES era easily. they dominated. N64 and Gamecube were good too, but they lost much ground for the rivals.

@groowagon said:

donkey kong? that's SNES stuff right there.

it's not SNES era anymore, now is it?

#39 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (3259 posts) -

snes and gameboy colour are the 2 greatest gaming devices ninty ever created. snes has so many classic and gbc has pokemon yelllow

#enoughsaid

#40 Edited by ShepardCommandr (2102 posts) -

SNES

It all went donwhil after that

#41 Edited by groowagon (2739 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@groowagon said:

(1) i have been looking what nintendo makes. their IPs would be far better on a proper console than what they are on Wii.

(2) why do you think gamers abandoned nintendo?

1. You could also say Gears of War would have faired better on a Playstation or Infamous could have easily done much better if it was on Xbox. Would Skyward Sword done much better if it was on a PS3 using Move instead of the Wii using Motion Plus? What would Donkey Kong look like if it was the 360? I'll tell you what it would have looked like, like Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze. Regardless of the Power of a console Nintendo's IPs would do well and look well and run well on whatever specs they have to offer, I mean just look at Pikmin 3.

2. I think your statement about Nintendo's IPs being better off on a "Proper" console should tell you everything why I think Gamers have abandoned Nintendo. I know Nintendo hasn't Abandoned Gamers because they got exclusive rights to Monster Hunter, They got Activision to Remake Goldeneye, They're pumped out games like Skyward Sword, The Last Story, Xenoblade, Pandora's Tower, Metroid Prime 3 (and rereleased 1&2 for the trilogy), Donkey Kong, and more recently they got Bayonetta 2 exclusively for WiiU and are holding a invitational Smash Bros. Tournament at E3 this year.

Nintendo has NEVER left the Gamer, They however expanded to cater to other audiences with games like Wiisports and Wiifit, but making those games does not mean they completely Abandoned the Gamer considering they continually give us games like Fire Emblem Awakening and Kid Icarus Uprising.

However despite all of this, the audience however has spoken, The 3DS is King and the WiiU is garbage, even after making gems like Pikmin 3 and Super Mario 3D World WiiU is still not a satisfying object for the Gamer. WiiU sales are worse than the Gamecube and that says a lot. Nintendo will continue to pump out those games the Hardcore will want like Smash Bros. and Zelda, and there's no doubt those games will be nothing short of Fantastic, but There is a lot of people just like you that will continue to have the misconception that Nintendo has abandoned the Gamer and will not buy a Nintendo product because the controller wasn't the same as the one from Previous generations.

and That's why I think the Gamer has Abandoned Nintendo, The Sales reflect on my Opinion as well.

like i said, i agree on Mario. Pikmin? well yeah, maybe, but it's not my cup of tea. Zelda? it's a remake... it doesn't count. played it already on cube. donkey kong? that's SNES stuff right there. good nostalgy trip, but far from today's standards. mario kart? sure, looks nice, to be honest.

i'm talking about stuff like Metroid Prime, Resident Evil 4, Wind Waker, Killer 7 and Eternal Darkness. that's all absent.

Wind Waker is there you ninny. We don't know if Nintendo is making a New Metroid. Eternal Darkness, Where were you when the developers asked for your help in their Kickstarters for the Second Game? Killer 7, that dude made No More Heroes on the Wii didn't he? and there's a Resident Evil on the WiiU.

If you're looking for legit awesome stuff for WiiU it's there, you just gotta get it.

Tekken Tag 2, Splinter Cell, Assassin's Creed 3 & 4, Res Revelations, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, ZombiU, Ninja Gaiden 3, Darksiders 2, etc... There's a bunch of legit amazing sauce games for the WiiU, But it's clear you don't want none of that, after all No one bought a upgraded Deus Ex Human Revolution for WiiU saying it's a rip off, but would CLEARLY buy a "Trees Now move and we ruined Lara's face" upgrade of Tomb Raider for PS4 and Xbone.

IT'S THE GODDAMN SAME GAME FFS! it doesn't count! i have played it, and i'm not getting a new console to play it again! i have PS3 sitting in a living room and collecting dust, and this new shiny console from Ninty is releasing LAST GEN games on it that i could have on PS3 too! WOOOOOOOOOOOW! impressive! i already got that multiplatform goodness on PC with superior graphics, so they simply don't justify the Wii U purchase for me! I NEED EXCLUSIVES.

Nintendo left the gamers by going with weak hardware, wich doesn't allow to do as much as more powerful hardware. that is what i mean. i don't mean that good games are impossible to make for it. it's also possible to still make great games for Gamecube hardware, but why are we not doing it? oh right, we have moved forward.

i was genuinely looking at Wii U not so long ago, simply because of it's famous franchises. i was disappointed to realize that there simply wasn't enough great exclusives that i could've justified the purchase for myself. if you disagree, then disagree, but this is how i feel about it.

#42 Posted by SambaLele (4829 posts) -

SNES obviously.

Chronno Trigger, Mario RPG, FFVI, Shadowrun, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter II, etc., etc.

#43 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (17070 posts) -

SNES - when they ruled gaming.

Wii/DS - when they ruled the market in sales.

#44 Edited by hotdiddykong (2047 posts) -

Its honestly hard to say.

By far the SNES was fantastic for Nintendo with the third party support and it continued down the line with all of their handhelds keeping the same quality to this day.

Console side, its hard to say, no matter what you say you liked, only the Wii brought Nintendo great success despite how many awesome games the N64, and Gamecube had, they were abysmall in sales and the Wii U is more or less falling in line with the N64 and Gamecube but gamers today just like to open their mouth louder with insults despite Nintendo trying to do what they can. Exclusives? You'll bitch about it, a game you asked for? It'll suck in sales.

#45 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (12748 posts) -

Definitely Snes.

#46 Posted by g0ddyX (3867 posts) -

Men and gamers = SNES/GB/N64
Kids and casuals = Wii/3DS

#47 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24203 posts) -

IT'S THE GODDAMN SAME GAME FFS! it doesn't count! i have played it, and i'm not getting a new console to play it again! i have PS3 sitting in a living room and collecting dust, and this new shiny console from Ninty is releasing LAST GEN games on it that i could have on PS3 too! WOOOOOOOOOOOW! impressive! i already got that multiplatform goodness on PC with superior graphics, so they simply don't justify the Wii U purchase for me! I NEED EXCLUSIVES.

Nintendo left the gamers by going with weak hardware, wich doesn't allow to do as much as more powerful hardware. that is what i mean. i don't mean that good games are impossible to make for it. it's also possible to still make great games for Gamecube hardware, but why are we not doing it? oh right, we have moved forward.

i was genuinely looking at Wii U not so long ago, simply because of it's famous franchises. i was disappointed to realize that there simply wasn't enough great exclusives that i could've justified the purchase for myself. if you disagree, then disagree, but this is how i feel about it.

What you're spouting is Excuses when the fact of the matter is that all of those games you're waiting for are and have been on the WiiU from the get go. Those grand Exclusives you're waiting for are THERE.

  1. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  2. New Super Mario Bros + Luigi U
  3. Pikmin 3
  4. Sonic Lost World
  5. ZombiU
  6. Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
  7. Super Mario 3D World
  8. The Wonderful 101

Those games are there dude, and there's some multiplats there as well, but wait you said you didn't want Last Gen Multiplats! But you want more games for WiiU. Contradiction much?

You're just making excuses so you won't actually say you don't want a WiiU. Simple. and We get it. It's not hard. WiiU is weak, it's not getting the big blockbuster games. There's no Titanfall or Second Son on that console so why bother? You don't want to wait till next year or Fall for Watchdogs, you want it now, And those are valid reasons to not get a WiiU. WiiU is weak, WiiU doesn't have the same Online Community the PS4 and X1 has. So go ahead and say that. WiiU is not the machine for you. If it was you would have already gotten one.

#48 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3217 posts) -

Wii.

#49 Posted by jg4xchamp (46596 posts) -

SNES era.

#50 Edited by YearoftheSnake5 (6838 posts) -

Financially? Wii.

Games/3rd party support? SNES.